Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Can you guys educate me on Joe Mixon?

Trading Taylor for Mixon is a no brainer, especially since you have Brady. Tyrod is just a bye week, streaming guy. Perfectly good fill in if you need a guy. Mixon is a startable RB3 or even RB2.

Trading Taylor for Mixon is a no brainer, especially since you have Brady. Tyrod is just a bye week, streaming guy. Perfectly good fill in if you need a guy. Mixon is a startable RB3 or even RB2.

with Hill out of the picture I'd say hes a full RB2.

If he can boost his ypc a little he may approach rb2 status, but it has to improve from 2.9. His recieving has been an encouraging sign.

His schedule is awful, he's already at less than 3 yards per carry, I'm not looking forward to it at all since I usually have to start him because I have terrible backs.

His schedule is awful, he's already at less than 3 yards per carry, I'm not looking forward to it at all since I usually have to start him because I have terrible backs.

Yeah I hear ya. At the end of the day I figure if Tyrod Taylor is the difference of me losing.....I deserve to lose. I wasn’t going to play him.

Now with 4 or 5 weeks left I should be able to start 3 backs with:

McCoy

Hunt

Martin

Murray

Henry

Mixon

• Like 1

Here's the other Factor. The guy is tied for first with me at 7 and 2. He's streaming quarterbacks right now. Mixon is on his bench so essentially I would be giving him a solid quarterback lifeline in exchange for depth for me. But I'm also never going to play tyrod over Brady either.

Trade probably working great so far....Tyrod likely vaulted your closest competition to 7-3. Mixon wasn't great, but 10 pts from a RB2 or flex play beats the heck out of the 5 pts Tyrod dropped today. I know my 7-2 team now sits at 7-3.

Trade probably working great so far....Tyrod likely vaulted your closest competition to 7-3. Mixon wasn't great, but 10 pts from a RB2 or flex play beats the heck out of the 5 pts Tyrod dropped today. I know my 7-2 team now sits at 7-3.

Yeah he got creamed today.

Im down 24 with Brady and Landry left.

As long as Tom is Tom i should win.

Yeah I hear ya. At the end of the day I figure if Tyrod Taylor is the difference of me losing.....I deserve to lose. I wasn’t going to play him.

Now with 4 or 5 weeks left I should be able to start 3 backs with:

McCoy

Hunt

Martin

Murray

Henry

Mixon

Then you deserve to lose in the playoffs if Brady goes down. You still need a backup QB going into the playoffs and need to drop someone from your current roster. WHO is that?

Congrats on getting an average backup Rb you didn't need.

Then you deserve to lose in the playoffs if Brady goes down. You still need a backup QB going into the playoffs and need to drop someone from your current roster. WHO is that?

Why does he need a back-up going into the playoffs??? I didn't realize Brady had a bye come playoff time. So heaven forbid Brady goes down, your saying nobody will be on the waiver that can possibly perform to Tyrod's level. As today proves can be a VERY low bar. I beg to differ with your reasoning.

First thing, wow how harsh are you.

He deserves to lose because he traded away a true QB2 for a low rb2.

And why does he indeed need a back up with Brady.

Even if he kept the great Taylor and was to lose Brady to a injury do you really believe that Taylor could lead his team the rest of his playoff run?

Good job I say on picking up Mixon and today it showed.

I typically thin out my roster towards the end and pick up 3 defenses for playoffs. No backups for QB or TE. In 15 years this has never bitten me in the ass....so think its fine. Calm down.

Mixon had a touchdown....Tyrod was awful. Already a benefit.

I typically thin out my roster towards the end and pick up 3 defenses for playoffs. No backups for QB or TE. In 15 years this has never bitten me in the ass....so think its fine. Calm down.

So far, so good....

If Brady goes down he'll probably lose in the playoffs anyway. Why do you need a backup QB in the playoffs? He can deal with the what ifs as they occur. If Brady goes down and it's bad enough then Brady becomes the person he drops for the shmuck de jour on the waiver wire. The shmuck de jour might be better than Tyrod anyway.

I just happen to be in the same boat with Brady and Tyrod. If the right waiver target arises I won't hesitate to drop Tyrod and go into the playoffs with 1 QB, I've done it multiple times in the past.

If theres no limit on the number of moves you can make, its a no-brainer good call. Be on the lookout for a sneaky good qb (Teddy B for instance) to make sure your opposition doesnt get away with having a bad qb.

Sorry, in all of my leagues the waiver wire closes during the playoffs like in the NFL. I asked earlier in the thread who you'd have to drop to pickup a backup qb and got no response.

You said "Yeah I hear ya. At the end of the day I figure if Tyrod Taylor is the difference of me losing.....I deserve to lose." I simply agreed with you because I was under the assumption that you could not pickup a player during the playoffs. I was trying to help you see an angle of the trade I thought you were not considering.

Murray had three touchdowns, did you bench him for Mixon?

I wish you success in all of your leagues.

Sorry, in all of my leagues the waiver wire closes during the playoffs like in the NFL. I asked earlier in the thread who you'd have to drop to pickup a backup qb and got no response.

You said "Yeah I hear ya. At the end of the day I figure if Tyrod Taylor is the difference of me losing.....I deserve to lose." I simply agreed with you because I was under the assumption that you could not pickup a player during the playoffs. I was trying to help you see an angle of the trade I thought you were not considering.

That seems strange to me to entirely lock the waiver wire.

I get locking it for teams that are out of contention, but why for teams that are in?

Oh yea...I didn’t take offense or i wasnt trying to seem chippy....everybody had some really well thought out arguments for and against.

Your waivers close or trades are closed? Waivers closing seems odd.

Ha yes..naturally I benched demarco for Mixon. Ugg...happens. Also dropped Vernon Davis last second and grabbed Brate. Another stellar move. Luckily it didn’t bite me. Won with Landry still to play tonight....8-2 record.

That seems strange to me to entirely lock the waiver wire.

I get locking it for teams that are out of contention, but why for teams that are in?

Makes it even more interesting I like it.

I dont like it. It takes a game with lots of luck mixed in already and turns it into even more of a does my guy roll an ankle, get concussed or suspended? If so, I lose situation.

Im currently trying to decide if I want unlimited roster moves in a league next year. I like having some limit in place to make the decision to pick up/drop someone matter a bit more, but maybe faab fixes all of that if you require every move to cost some amount of faab? What are you guys doing? Unlimited moves?

Will I can see your point.

I like it because it does indeed make it more difficult.

And I like a bigger challenge.

I'm going to tell the other owners in the 14 teamer I'm in.

I dont like it. It takes a game with lots of luck mixed in already and turns it into even more of a does my guy roll an ankle, get concussed or suspended? If so, I lose situation.

Im currently trying to decide if I want unlimited roster moves in a league next year. I like having some limit in place to make the decision to pick up/drop someone matter a bit more, but maybe faab fixes all of that if you require every move to cost some amount of faab? What are you guys doing? Unlimited moves?

That's how I feel.

I feel like at this point of the season these are your best owners, so bad luck shouldn't be a determining factor in who wins this, and that's what I think this caters to.

Just my opinion though.

The NFL does not allow for waivers in the playoffs and my leagues try to mirror real life football.

In the NFL Dec 29 the deadline is at 4:00 pm NY time for waiver requests in 2017, except for "special waiver requests which have a 10 day claiming period, with termination or assignment delayed until after the Super Bowl.

It would be unheard of for a playoff team in my leagues not to have a backup QB before the playoffs. Heck, a backup kicker is often on a playoff roster and our roster size is only 16.

It definitely makes it harder and involves more strategy going into our playoffs. We like it and have been doing it this way for 23 years.

I've lost playoff matchups because the lesser team would drop players for matchups.

And sometimes that works out really good for that other owner.

I like that lock out for the playoff system.

Seems to favor the better team even more, and makes it more interesting the last few weeks getting or team ready based on players that might sit.

I really like that ideal it adds to the difficulty of playing ff.

If theres unlimited moves, then maybe it could work out okay. Everyone would have a bench full of cuffs and backups I assume?

So what if you have 2 QB's and they both get hurt?

Locking it during the playoffs is stupid as long as there is no bullshit going on. Or you can limit it to 3 add/drops per week during playoffs like we do.

So what if you have 2 QB's and they both get hurt?

Locking it during the playoffs is stupid as long as there is no bullshit going on. Or you can limit it to 3 add/drops per week during playoffs like we do.

SOL, maybe you should have had 3 QBs.

The way you do it is perfect and everyone else is stupid if they don't do it your way. Okay, got it.

The NFL does not allow playoff teams to add players off of waivers during the playoffs, why does your league allow a random number of three?

For me, I like to be in a fantasy league that mirrors as close to possible real life NFL football.

The way you do it is perfect and everyone else is stupid if they don't do it your way. Okay, got it.

The NFL does not allow playoff teams to add players off of waivers during the playoffs, why does your league allow a random number of three?

For me, I like to be in a fantasy league that mirrors as close to possible real life NFL football.

NFL teams have 53 man rosters. Is that what each team in your league has?

Im one of those psychos who wants the better, more involved owners to have a better shot of winning each week and overall. And I certainly not interested in having a weird technicality like not being able to make a reasonable roster move if disaster strikes in the playoffs. Theres just too many super random injuries every season down the stretch.

Thats why Im considering pushing for more moves or maybe some level of unlimited moves each week in the leagues Im in..they currently have some number of limited acq for the season. Once youre out, youre out unless you get moves in a trade. We had a dude give a guy faab for roster moves. Crazy stuff. But the late-season rolled ankles can put reasonably managed teams in bad spots unfairly.

The NFL does not allow for waivers in the playoffs and my leagues try to mirror real life football.

I'm curious about your scoring system in this league. What round do starting left tackles usually start falling off the board in your draft. I used to dominate my keeper league when I had Jeff Saturday at Center, but I've been struggling to find a good replacement ever since he retired.

FWIW, All sarcasm aside, the NFL may not have waivers in the playoffs, but teams can sign free agents.

• Like 1

We can only have 2 qb's, 4 rb's, 4 wr's, 2 te, 2 kickers and 2 def/st on our roster. Anything other than that is an illegal lineup.

I'm curious about your scoring system in this league. What round do starting left tackles usually start falling off the board in your draft. I used to dominate my keeper league when I had Jeff Saturday at Center, but I've been struggling to find a good replacement ever since he retired.

FWIW, All sarcasm aside, the NFL may not have waivers in the playoffs, but teams can sign free agents.

:doublethumbsup:

• Like 1