Sign in to follow this  
mighty_thor

Confederate Civil War Monuments

I'm getting prepared for the upcoming Civil War Part Deux.

alsonotreally I have history of heart disease in my family and am now 41. Figured it was time. I'm naturally perfect on the outside but it's the inside I'm worried about.

Tucker Carlson: If we want to erase the past, we must prepare for the consequences

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/16/tucker-carlson-if-want-to-erase-past-must-prepare-for-consequences.html

Mark Twain once commented that “to arrive at a just estimate of a renowned man’s character one must judge it by the standards of his time, not ours.”

• Like 1

Tucker Carlson: If we want to erase the past, we must prepare for the consequences

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/16/tucker-carlson-if-want-to-erase-past-must-prepare-for-consequences.html

Nobody wants to erase the past, #silverretard.

There are civil war museums everywhere. Hell, there are civil war reenactments. No one is asking anyone to forget who Robert E Lee is. Or what the south's flag looked like. It's just that there are enough blacks who are upset about having to walk into public buildings where they work or have business to take care of and walk past the a statue of a man who wanted to keep them oppressed. These statues need to be in museums. Along with the flags. They may not bother you. That's to be expected. But it's not only about you or the white man.

Jews don't have to walk into buildings called Hitler Hall or stand by statues of him. Nor is the swastika widely displayed in Germany these days.

• Like 1

Mark Twain once commented that “to arrive at a just estimate of a renowned man’s character one must judge it by the standards of his time, not ours.”

That's a great quote and encompasses my opinion exactly. You cannot fully judge a person from hundreds of years ago based on the sensibilities of today. If Bernie Sanders was rich and born 150 years earlier he would have owned slaves too. It was the reality of the time. Unfortunate, and we thankfully progressed as a world and culture, but that's how it was.....it wasn't abnormal.

But that takes sitting down, trying to have perspective and understanding.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

--George Orwell, 1984

• Like 1

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

--George Orwell, 1984

But as long as no ones feelings are hurt and we are all safe then it was worth it right? :shocking:

Nobody wants to erase the past, #silverretard.

There are civil war museums everywhere. Hell, there are civil war reenactments. No one is asking anyone to forget who Robert E Lee is. Or what the south's flag looked like. It's just that there are enough blacks who are upset about having to walk into public buildings where they work or have business to take care of and walk past the a statue of a man who wanted to keep them oppressed. These statues need to be in museums. Along with the flags. They may not bother you. That's to be expected. But it's not only about you or the white man.

Jews don't have to walk into buildings called Hitler Hall or stand by statues of him. Nor is the swastika widely displayed in Germany these days.

Read the article Hagfish!

Four Baltimore statues linked to the Confederacy were removed from their resting places early Wednesday, just a day after city officials approved a plan for the monuments' immediate destruction

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/16/baltimore-takes-down-confederate-statues.html

Read the article Hagfish!

Four Baltimore statues linked to the Confederacy were removed from their resting places early Wednesday, just a day after city officials approved a plan for the monuments' immediate destruction

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/16/baltimore-takes-down-confederate-statues.html

Read my post. Nothing changes

The Left can't see this but they are acting exactly like the Religious Book Burnings nuts decades ago.

A growing number of people believe pet ownership is a form of slavery. If they take over.......

The Left can't see this but they are acting exactly like the Religious Book Burnings nuts decades ago.

A growing number of people believe pet ownership is a form of slavery. If they take over.......

they are acting like the Taliban, which to be honest is not surprising. They've always been on the defense of Islamic fruitcakes.

This just got serious. There was a Mayoral commission studying added signage/context to the monuments in Richmond. Removing them was not on the table. The Mayor just tweeted that removal is now on the table. This would be huge if they remove the monuments from RVA. The American Civil War museum,White House of the Confederacy, and the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier are all in RVA.

https://twitter.com/LevarStoney/status/897929399026110465

This just got serious. There was a Mayoral commission studying added signage/context to the monuments in Richmond. Removing them was not on the table. The Mayor just tweeted that removal is now on the table. This would be huge if they remove the monuments from RVA. The American Civil War museum,White House of the Confederacy, and the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier are all in RVA.

https://twitter.com/LevarStoney/status/897929399026110465

His about me says all his actual tweets are signed -LS and this post wasn't. Probably his liberal POS intern.

Also that dude looks like a focking retard.

I have not decided where I stand on this issue. I probably fall somewhere on the spectrum of apathy when it comes to this issue. I could not care less if the statues stay or fall.

The only argument I could make for removing them is by looking at the groups fighting the hardest to keep them. The rally's to keep the monuments are being organized by neo-nazi and white supremacists groups. That they are leading the fight on this issue is the biggest red flag.

While we're at it, I hope we get rid of that Damn Vietnam Wall.

If civil war statues are triggering people who were born 150 years after the fact,

can you IMAGINE what that wall is doing to surviving service members?

Besides, the guys named on that wall? They're not heroes.

Most of them didn't even volunteer to serve.

They're only heroes because they died.

I like people who didn't die, okay?

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2017/08/15/functional-illiterates-trying-to-erase-history/

FUNCTIONAL ILLITERATES TRYING TO ERASE HISTORY

True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which impels them the desire to do right is precisely the same. ― Robert E. Lee

I consider myself a student of history. Ive always been fascinated by the personalities who drove events throughout history. I probably would have been a history major in college if I didnt feel the need to make enough money to support myself and my family. I chose a business major and decided studying history would be my hobby. Over the years Ive taken a particular interest in the Civil War. You could even call me a Civil War buff.

Ive probably read 60 books on the Civil War, from Bruce Catton, Shelby Foote and numerous other historians. Ive visited the Gettysburg battlefield a half dozen times, as it is only 150 miles from my home. My basement office is decorated with six prints depicting various scenes from the Civil War. One depicts Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson at Fredericksburg, another depicts Jackson leading his troops through Richmond, another depicts Grant taking command of Union forces, another shows Chamberlain leading the charge down Little Round Top, another portrays Lee and Longstreet making the fateful decision to send Picketts men on their futile charge into history, and the last showing the slaughter during Picketts charge.

Ive even taken an executive education course in leadership where the final day is a trip to Gettysburg where a park ranger guides you through the three day battle and the professor asks you to assess the leadership shown by officers on both sides during that tide turning battle. My fascination with the Civil War isnt based on rooting for one side or the other. I wanted to understand the motivations of the main characters and understand why and how they fought that bloody war. There were so many fateful decisions, errors of judgement, acts of courage, acts of cowardice, brilliantly bold maneuvers, and just plain good and bad luck.

Robert E. Lee, before the outbreak of the war, was overwhelmingly regarded as the finest military mind in the U.S. army. Winfield Scott offered him command of all Union forces at the outbreak of hostilities. But he chose allegiance to his state of Virginia, rather than the Federal government. He didnt fight for slavery. He freed his slaves. He was fighting for states rights. He was an honorable God fearing noble man. Stonewall Jackson was an extremely religious man who waged war with a passion, but also taught Sunday School to slaves. Lee and Jackson must be viewed in the context of the 19th century rather than being judged by the standards of the 21st century.

The vast majority of Confederate soldiers who did the fighting and dying during that war didnt own slaves. They werent fighting to maintain slavery. They were fighting because a foreign army had invaded their land. In 1860 this nation was more an amalgamation of states than a centralized government. States still had a tremendous amount of power and leeway to run their states the way they chose. The ever increasing power of a central authority occurred during and after the Civil War. The South were not the bad guys. Their leaders, generals and soldiers were not evil. They were Americans.

The revisionist history now being peddled by the left wing media and their non-thinking acolytes lacks a factual basis, historical context and a true understanding of history. The Civil War was the climax of decades of tension between the North and the South over states rights, economic policies, slavery, and a myriad of other complex issues. Examined within the context of generational theory, it was a Fourth Turning that was unavoidable. It was a crucial important event in U.S. history. It wasnt the shameful episode portrayed by the brain dead faux journalists babbling on CNN and MSNBC.

Illegally pulling down statues of Confederate soldiers and taking videos of brave unemployed liberal arts major social justice warriors kicking the Confederate soldier is what passes for activism in todays warped society. Liberal mayors and city councils across the south are falling all over themselves wasting time and taxpayer money to remove statues of Confederate generals to appease the left and make a display of how anti-racist they can be. Meanwhile, their cities are bankrupt, their infrastructure is decaying, black crime is rampant and their education systems matriculate functionally illiterate deranged snowflakes into society.

These courageous left wing politicians, like the mayor of New Orleans, have statues removed in the middle of the night to avoid protests by those who understand you cannot erase history by removing statues and names. In a hysterical development, Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh on Monday said in a statement she intended to move forward in removing several city statutes, including those of Lee and Stonewall Jackson. I suppose the soaring murder rate, blacks rioting and burning down neighborhoods, crumbling infrastructure, failing schools, and white flight is due to a few Confederate statues. Its good to see this diverse mayor has her priorities in order.

The ignorance and disregard for history knows no bounds for generations taught to feel rather think in our government run indoctrination centers known as public schools. The left wing media reinforces their ignorance with misinformation, fake news and government sanctioned propaganda. Snowflakes across the land melt at anything they are instructed to find offensive. Everything and everyone who doesnt agree with their half baked views are declared racists.

Pointing out that leftist antifa thugs, without permits to protest, initiated the violence in Charlottesville is racist. The uproar against Trumps truthful assessment of the situation by CNN, MSNBC and Fox proves there isnt a wit of difference among these corporate media outlets. True colors are revealed. The ongoing coup attempt against Trump continues unabated.

Trumps impromptu press conference and his push back of this false narrative was a thing of beauty. The hypocrisy of the left and their utter contempt for facts must be thrown back in their faces at every opportunity. Across the country, 718 Confederate monuments and statues remain, with nearly 300 of them in Georgia, Virginia or North Carolina. There are also 109 public schools named for Robert E. Lee, Confederate President Jefferson Davis or other icons of the Civil War-era South. Will the left be satisfied when all 718 monuments are destroyed and all 109 schools are renamed Oprah Winfrey Middle School? No. They will find something else to be offended about, and violently attack again.

The funniest part about watching these social justice warriors wail and gnash their teeth about the racism of these monuments is knowing these unemployed functional illiterates couldnt tell you when the Civil War occurred, name two major battles, name five generals, provide a death count within 250,000, or fill in the blank in the phrase Surrender at __________. They dont know jack about history, the Civil War, Lincolns true feelings about blacks, or the fact the Democratic Party is the party which suppressed blacks for one hundred years following the Civil War. Only truly ignorant snowflakes think they can erase history by protesting it and trying to destroy monuments to those who fought and died for a cause they believed in.

Do these left wing zealots have any sense of awareness? Maybe they were too busy studying for their gender studies finals to see the reports of the Taliban destroying ancient Buddhist monuments in territory they had captured. Zealots, terrorists, and extremists attempt to destroy symbols that offend them as a way to prove their strength and power. In reality, they destroy what others have built in a feckless effort to boost their self-esteem. Intellectual lightweights attempt to bring others down because they realize their lack of intelligence and inability to get ahead in life has to be blamed on someone else.

If these social justice warrior weaklings were transported back in time 154 years to the Gettysburg battlefield where real men displayed real courage and bravery, they would be covered in their own urine cowering behind a tree as Picketts charge commenced. Could you imagine any of the Soros paid professional antifa protestors charging across an open field towards certain death? Those pussies would be high tailing it south as fast as their fashion designer sneakers would take them.

Trump was absolutely correct in asking, Where does it end? Washington owned slaves. Do we get rid of all dollar bills and quarters? Do we change the name of our capital? Do we change the name of Washington & Lee University to Obama & Spike Lee University? Do we blow up the Washington Memorial? Jefferson owned slaves. Do we get rid of nickles? How about the Jefferson Memorial?

Why stop only in our country? The Egyptian pyramids were built by slaves. Should we tear those down? If these are symbols of hatred and racism that must be destroyed, why do we never hear calls from the left for the destruction of the Nazi death camps. Talk about symbols of hate. Why would we want to remember the holocaust? It couldnt be that it doesnt fit the lefts narrative.

This Confederate monument narrative is designed by the left to provoke a backlash from whites who are tired of being scorned, ridiculed, belittled and called racists, rednecks and deplorables by so called open minded progressives. Its working. The cold race war is beginning to turn hot. The president has no intention of trying to bring the two sides together because its impossible at this point. Thats how Fourth Turnings roll. The mood of the country will continue to darken. Reactions to these types of events will intensify. More blood will be shed. Its too bad these functional illiterates didnt pay attention in history class or ever read a book. They are going to learn some harsh lessons over the next decade

I have not decided where I stand on this issue. I probably fall somewhere on the spectrum of apathy when it comes to this issue. I could not care less if the statues stay or fall.

The only argument I could make for removing them is by looking at the groups fighting the hardest to keep them. The rally's to keep the monuments are being organized by neo-nazi and white supremacists groups. That they are leading the fight on this issue is the biggest red flag.

This is where I fall on the statue issue. I personally couldn't care less if there are still statues up. Same as I feel about the confederate flag. They don't offend me in the slightest. But if they do offend a large portion of our population, then take them down or move them to a museum. It seems that those who are the most diligent about leaving them where they are are doing so to spite African americans. Because they want to send a message that they don't care if you're offended or not. I just never understood that mindset. If it doesn't make you racist, it certainly makes you a .

This is where I fall on the statue issue. I personally couldn't care less if there are still statues up. Same as I feel about the confederate flag. They don't offend me in the slightest. But if they do offend a large portion of our population, then take them down or move them to a museum. It seems that those who are the most diligent about leaving them where they are are doing so to spite African americans. Because they want to send a message that they don't care if you're offended or not. I just never understood that mindset. If it doesn't make you racist, it certainly makes you a ######.

I'm with you to an extent. I mean I'm pretty apathetic to it but it's the reasoning. I don't think they should be taken down because a group of white hipsters is offended and wants them taken down.

And it's also the hypocrisy of which statues are being taken down. Because I'm sure we can take down some democrat leftist ones too but they won't protest those. It just reeks of not being very genuine

Remove them, they are just participation trophies for losers.

Kind of ironic. Conservatives love to spout off about participation trophies. How it's the pussification of America. But they cry like little pussies when we want to take a loser like Robert R Lee's trophy away.

Kind of ironic. Conservatives love to spout off about participation trophies. How it's the pussification of America. But they cry like little pussies when we want to take a loser like Robert R Lee's trophy away.

You know Robert Lee opposed Confederate Statues right?

“I think it wiser,” the retired military leader wrote about a proposed Gettysburg memorial in 1869, “…not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.”

Just saying.

You have pictures of your family around the house? Get rid of them too.

Wow, you killed two birds with one stone, being unfunny and illogical. Good job. :thumbsup:

Why do we still honor the South by allowing it to be a part of the United States? We should get rid of it and all the memories associated with it. :thumbsdown:

Why do we still honor the South by allowing it to be a part of the United States? We should get rid of it and all the memories associated with it. :thumbsdown:

This guy gets it. :thumbsup:

You know Robert Lee opposed Confederate Statues right?

“I think it wiser,” the retired military leader wrote about a proposed Gettysburg memorial in 1869, “…not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.”

Just saying.

I do know that...so we should honor his wishes.

Wouldn't bother us much.

Oh, and you wouldn't have a military left after that.

Wouldn't bother us much.

Oh, and you wouldn't have a military left after that.

Hey, I'm just trying to take this whole retarded concept to it's logical conclusion. Enough with this incremental bullsh!t.

Let's just put up a statue of Sherman next to every one and call it even.

Let's just put up a statue of Sherman next to every one and call it even.

Hemsley?

Do people protest the Pyramids? You know who built those, don't you? Probably the wrong color slaves tho...

How long before these jacka$$es start wanting currency changed?

That's already happened. Aren't they putting Rosa Parks on the $10?

How long before these jacka$$es start wanting currency changed?

Not to mention those who support gay rights will soon want to legalize bestiality. Slippery slopes, my brutha . Be scared. Be very scared.

That's already happened. Aren't they putting Rosa Parks on the $10?

A $6 bill?