Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl LII: New England vs Philadelphia

Hate to say it but I can honestly care less.

Could NOT care less :doh:

This one annoys me almost as much as mute point

Could NOT care less :doh:

This one annoys me almost as much as mute point

Preboard a flight.

Do you get on before you get on?

The iggles are a pretty damn solid team. I'd feel a whole lot better if Wentz was in there. I still don't have alot of confidence in Foles. But still. They're a good all around team. It'll be a good game.

I give the Patriots alot of credit this year though. They're not plowing through anyone. They've shown that they are beatable this year. But in the end, they keep pulling it out. To me, that's even more impressive than just being the best team out there, week after week.

• Like 2

I expect the game to go over and the patriots to win... I don't expect the patriots to cover however....

I don't know, I'm not excited to gamble on this game.

At least we get the best matchup also. I think Jacksonville versus either isn't very exciting. And I wasn't really clamoring for a Minnesota matchup.

I don't know, I'm not excited to gamble on this game.

I'm going to Vegas this weekend, I'll have to see what a parlay of Eagles vs. spread and the under would pay out. It's tempting.

Eagles have to be aggressive. Cannot play zone on D. Must be man to man regardless of score. Brady destroys PIT every time because hey are too dumb o realize that zone doesn't work against Brady. If they go zone, they may as well go home.

On O they also need to be aggressive. I think Doug P has that covered.

Could anyone see the Eagles whooping the Patriots like the Seahawks did to the Broncos years ago?

Could anyone see the Eagles whooping the Patriots like the Seahawks did to the Broncos years ago?

It's possible but my take on this is that NE has the advantage of handling the 2 weeks off better than Philly because they have been there so many times over recent years.

I called the Eagles over Minni without much internal debate as I have thought they have been the best complete team all year long. The obvious apprehension of being without Wentz is what keeps me from saying that Philly is a lock. I think they are a better team than NE other than the obvious 2 players in Brady and Gronkowski who both will benefit from 2 weeks off.

This superbowl is set up perfectly for NE to win this year, but I like Philly that much to say, I'm out of the betting.

My own line on this game is: NE-3.5 - O/U 47.5 .

I would like too see the Eagles players and coaches and fans win this game.

But I'm going too be betting on the Pats.

I thought the line would have been bigger.

Proverbs 23:12

Exodus 15:2&18.

Odds as of 1/22 at 8am ET:

New England -6

Over/Under 48

I'll take the points and the over. I'll double up by betting the Eagles on the money line. Eagles are +220. I'd drop $100 to double my money... if I were a gambler.

I'm used to the other team screwing up and the Pats eaking out a win vs a better team. Seattle, Atlanta, back in the early 2000s - the Rams.

I suspect this game will be pretty lame. Honestly, when the same team keeps getting ot the SB it does make it hard to get into unless you are from that teams geographical area. Cant blame people. Its boring. Just no reason to bother and I bet the ratings will reflect this. Even rooting against NE doesnt work because *something* always happens to hand them the game anyway. Feels scripted & cheesey at this point. So the "watching the game to see Voldemort & Darth Sidious get taken down" isnt worth your Sunday evening.

But - The Pats "run" is as much about the AFC truly sucking as much as anything else. Those are the facts. When The Ravens, Broncos, and Colts had decent counters they won some of these playoff games and at least made it interesting. Now? My goodnss its sooo bad that each season NE can rest their starters by week 8 and get the red carpet ride to the #1 seed every year. Yawn.

Ya'll go ahead and watch the nonsense. For the first year in like ever.... Im not watching the SB and I wont be the only one. ;)

Even rooting against NE doesnt work because *something* always happens to hand them the game anyway.

*something* usually means Brady

"The Patriots were so dominant that opposing fans couldn't believe it was true... that it was legit... that what they were seeing was really happening - game after game, year after year, Super Bowl after Super Bowl. Every time a headset malfunctioned or a ref smiled, there was suspicion and a belief that finally NE's "magic trick" had been figured out. Even opposing players and coaches were lured in by the mystique, believing rumors and suffering paranoia. And that's just it right there... that's the proof right there... even after all the Lombardi's and records have been added up... it's the intangible and the paranoia that cement them as the greatest ever - they were so dominant that nobody could even believe it... the entire system was designed to create parity and it worked for everyone except Belichick & Brady."

~unknown

the Eagles win with Foles. Book it.

I wouldn't book it personally, but so be it. I think it could be a very good game end to end.

I don't want the Pats to win, but everything I've seen and read about Philly fans this week, is making it hard to pull for them. Is there a worse fan base?

I don't want the Pats to win, but everything I've seen and read about Philly fans this week, is making it hard to pull for them. Is there a worse fan base?

I'm in the same boat. Go Patriots! Generally, Eagles fans have always been the worst.

I'm a Bears fan and even I think GB fans are the best in football.

Fans, the Patriots will simply win the game.

Double digit victory.

Put Brady on Eagles and Foles on NE, Eagles win this year.

Put 2018 Brady on the Eagles? Sure, because Brady has already been coached by Belichick. I don't think Tom Brady is in the NFL right now if he were drafted by the Eagles.

Aside from that, I think the Eagles are going to win this year anyway.

Put 2018 Brady on the Eagles? Sure, because Brady has already been coached by Belichick. I don't think Tom Brady is in the NFL right now if he were drafted by the Eagles.

I think the Eagles could beat the Pats as-is, but Brady has the ability to pull out wins better than any other QB in history.

I don't think NE with Brady has won a superbowl by more than 6 points. Takes a good QB to win close games like that.

I think Brady is probably better than Foles no matter what team.

So any QB under Belicheck would be a Tom Brady clone? Crazy.

So any QB under Belicheck would be a Tom Brady clone? Crazy.

I wouldn't agree with any, but Brady wouldn't have all those rings without Bill and Bill might have more if had say, Manning.

And then again with Manning, Bill could even have less rings.

I wouldn't agree with any, but Brady wouldn't have all those rings without Bill and Bill might have more if had say, Manning.

Peyton Manning:

Was on 2 teams that won a superbowl. With the Colts they beat one of the worst superbowl teams in history in the Rex Grossman led Bears. With the Broncos they won despite Manning. All year long was talk about him needing to be benched but oh, how can you bench a Manning? He sucked, the Broncos defense was great.

Belichick would have never put up with his pre-snap spastic behavior because he knows how to run a gameplan without a mega-ego Manning involved.

Eli Manning:

He was on 2 superbowl winning teams that would not have even gotten to the playoffs without over the top defense. Not always in stats, but in reality. Eli Manning is as overrated as the other one.

Tom Brady:

Losing count on how many superbowls he is winning. He is team first, unlike Peyton Manning, and does things on the field that pulls out victories more than all 3 Mannings put together can even dream of in their past careers (that includes eli by the way, cause he is finished where Brady is not).

Peyton Manning:

Was on 2 teams that won a superbowl. With the Colts they beat one of the worst superbowl teams in history in the Rex Grossman led Bears. With the Broncos they won despite Manning. All year long was talk about him needing to be benched but oh, how can you bench a Manning? He sucked, the Broncos defense was great.

Belichick would have never put up with his pre-snap spastic behavior because he knows how to run a gameplan without a mega-ego Manning involved.

Eli Manning:

He was on 2 superbowl winning teams that would not have even gotten to the playoffs without over the top defense. Not always in stats, but in reality. Eli Manning is as overrated as the other one.

Tom Brady:

Losing count on how many superbowls he is winning. He is team first, unlike Peyton Manning, and does things on the field that pulls out victories more than all 3 Mannings put together can even dream of in their past careers (that includes eli by the way, cause he is finished where Brady is not).

Here's the problem with your argument. You're comparing Peyton who wasn't coached by Bill to a Bill coached Brady. Peyton with Bill would have been better and Brady without Bill would be worse. Who knows how much better or worse. It's a hypothetical argument that doesn't have an answer and isnt worth discussing really.

Here's the problem with your argument. You're comparing Peyton who wasn't coached by Bill to a Bill coached Brady. Peyton with Bill would have been better and Brady without Bill would be worse. Who knows how much better or worse. It's a hypothetical argument that doesn't have an answer and isnt worth discussing really.

If hypothetical discussions were not introduced into sports talk, there would be very little sports talk.

It would be stats only.

The BK official prediction:

Iggles 31

Pats 30

Legarrette Blount - MVP

Having been to the "city of brotherly love" I am forced to root for NE. And for the fact that Brady is just about the only player left older than me. So at this point, we old guys gotta stick together.

If Gronk cant play though, I think its philly's game to loose.