Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl LII: New England vs Philadelphia

Mmm without Gronk in the last Super Bowl I think the Pats had a amazing come from behind wn.

And I think the Falcons were a better team expecally on the offense side of the ball then the Eagles.

I see a double digit Patriots victory.

Now do I need too say that I'm not a Pats fan, it seems too be the custom in some post, like it makes it even more meaningful.

Maybe not.

Mmm without Gronk in the last Super Bowl I think the Pats had a amazing come from behind wn.

And I think the Falcons were a better team expecally on the offense side of the ball then the Eagles.

I see a double digit Patriots victory.

Now do I need too say that I'm not a Pats fan, it seems too be the custom in some post, like it makes it even more meaningful.

Maybe not.

Pretty sure the Eagles just faced a team that was one of the best, statistically speaking, defenses in the past 10 years and hung 38 on them.

The Eagles defense hasn't allowed a second half point in the playoffs.

They might not win, but this team isn't losing by double digits to anyone

Yes , yes indeed I'm saying they will.

We will soon see.

Psalm 53:1

Pretty sure the Eagles just faced a team that was one of the best, statistically speaking, defenses in the past 10 years and hung 38 on them.

Seahawks week 13

and the Superbowl

Brady doesn't need too run around like Wilson.

So any QB under Belicheck would be a Tom Brady clone? Crazy.

Who said that? I didn't. All I said was that Belichick is more responsible for the NE success than Brady.

If Brady could run around like a jack-rabbit, maybe...Eagles win by double-digits.

:lol:

Who said that? I didn't. All I said was that Belichick is more responsible for the NE success than Brady.

How many playoff games did Belichik win without Brady?

How many playoff games has Brady won without the Hoody?m

It's a great fit.

Hebrews 10:19.

How many playoff games did Belichik win without Brady?

I noticed you used "playoff" in front of games. LOL. Nice deflection. We saw Belichick take a QB who never took a snap in college or in the pros until Brady went down (Matt Cassel)... and the Patriots won 11 games that year. Did we ever see Brady win even one game without Belichick on the sidelines?

How about last year when the overwhelming consensus was 'how are the Patriots going to make the playoffs when they start 0-4 without Brady'? Then as it happens, they went 3-1.

Philly is a really good team - they could very well beat NE.

And if they do, good for them.

Win or Lose, NE will be back in the SB again next year... the Pats will have the best off season of any team in the NFL getting their best defensive player (Donta' Hightower) and best WR (Julian Edelman) back.

There's nothing left to do or prove for NE - it's a thoroughly blissful enjoyment to be back in the SB without a care in the world... everything is gravy... and there are no signs that the gravy is gonna' stop for quite a while.

So are you trying too cuddle Yourselve ?

The Gravy train can come too a complete stop very quickly.

If the Pats do indeed lose this Super Bowl Pats fans should take note, it could be the last one.

There is no guarantee about next season or the seasons too come.

I noticed you used "playoff" in front of games. LOL. Nice deflection. We saw Belichick take a QB who never took a snap in college or in the pros until Brady went down (Matt Cassel)... and the Patriots won 11 games that year. Did we ever see Brady win even one game without Belichick on the sidelines?

How about last year when the overwhelming consensus was 'how are the Patriots going to make the playoffs when they start 0-4 without Brady'? Then as it happens, they went 3-1.

How many playoff games did Belichik win without Brady? I'm not sure what that number is.

How many playoff games did Belichik win without Brady? I'm not sure what that number is.

The same amount as Brady won without Belichick.

Brady won less games in his career without Belichick than Belichick without Brady. That's all you really need to know. That trend will continue if Belichick leaves New England after this season.

The same amount as Brady won without Belichick.

Brady won less games in his career without Belichick than Belichick without Brady. That's all you really need to know. That trend will continue if Belichick leaves New England after this season.

I think Belichick actually had 1 playoff win. Nothing else to talk about with QBs not named Brady. It's not Brady's fault NE drafted him. He is the best QB to ever play football.

I think Belichick actually had 1 playoff win. Nothing else to talk about with QBs not named Brady. It's not Brady's fault NE drafted him. He is the best QB to ever play football.

I'm not blaming Brady for anything. All I'm simply saying is that Belichick is more responsible for the Patriots than Brady is. Just because a someone thinks that person one is better, or more important than person two... it doesn't mean that he thinks person two sucks or isn't any good.

I'm not blaming Brady for anything. All I'm simply saying is that Belichick is more responsible for the Patriots than Brady is. Just because a someone thinks that person one is better, or more important than person two... it doesn't mean that he thinks person two sucks or isn't any good.

Belichick was not very successful until Brady came along. And he had a franchise QB in Drew Bledsoe. :dunno:

Also not nearly as successful in Cleveland, no Brady there. :dunno:

Then a year with Matt cassel where they did not even make the playoffs. Was a bit of a fluke given their record, but still. With Brady theyve been in the AFCCG or better damn near every focking year.

Mind you, I think theyre both great and thats why the Pats have dominated the league for 17 years now. But there isnt really all that much evidence for your argument.

Belichick was not very successful until Brady came along. And he had a franchise QB in Drew Bledsoe. :dunno:

Also not nearly as successful in Cleveland, no Brady there. :dunno:

Then a year with Matt cassel where they did not even make the playoffs. Was a bit of a fluke given their record, but still. With Brady theyve been in the AFCCG or better damn near every focking year.

Mind you, I think theyre both great and thats why the Pats have dominated the league for 17 years now. But there isnt really all that much evidence for your argument.

Bledsoe a franchise QB? Really? Go look at his numbers. What leads you to believe he was a franchise QB? He had 4 seasons where he completed 60% of his passes. His career high passer rating is 87.7. He has 251 TD's and 206 Int's. That's an awful ratio. AT BEST, he was an "adequate starter". I wouldn't call him a "franchise QB".

Belichick's lack of success in Cleveland certainly is in part his own, but it's also in part of the Browns ownership. He wanted to get rid of Kosar as well as some other fan favorites, but the organization wouldn't allow it. You know, the same kind of thing that happened last off-season when Belichick wanted to move on from Brady for Garoppolo, but Kraft said "No."

Having an 11-win season with Cassel and 3-1 last year may not be "all that much evidence" for you, it is more evidence than your argument.

Bledsoe a franchise QB? Really? Go look at his numbers. What leads you to believe he was a franchise QB? He had 4 seasons where he completed 60% of his passes. His career high passer rating is 87.7. He has 251 TD's and 206 Int's. That's an awful ratio. AT BEST, he was an "adequate starter". I wouldn't call him a "franchise QB".

Belichick's lack of success in Cleveland certainly is in part his own, but it's also in part of the Browns ownership. He wanted to get rid of Kosar as well as some other fan favorites, but the organization wouldn't allow it. You know, the same kind of thing that happened last off-season when Belichick wanted to move on from Brady for Garoppolo, but Kraft said "No."

Having an 11-win season with Cassel and 3-1 last year may not be "all that much evidence" for you, it is more evidence than your argument.

Thats a whole bunch of yeah-buts

Bledsoe a franchise QB? Really? Go look at his numbers. What leads you to believe he was a franchise QB?

The head coach scheming didn't help Bledsoe much. But when Brady came along, all of a sudden Belichick is great in your eyes.

Good argument dude.

I’m sure the Vikings thought no one would hang 38 points on them until it happened. The SB isn’t just another game. It wouldn’t surprise me if Foles turns back into a pumpkin.

Gronk returns to practice.

Now it's time to double up on the Patriots.

Be nice if Mike could make a place to only vote, no explanations or who u think or want on who wins.

Just make a pole and dont read any comments :dunno:

Im sure the Vikings thought no one would hang 38 points on them until it happened. The SB isnt just another game. It wouldnt surprise me if Foles turns back into a pumpkin.

The problem all postseason has been that people have focused on Nick Foles and not the 21 other starters for the Eagles. This team has a lot of talent in necessary spots, especially in the trenches...and its all being overlooked because the anti-Foles sentiment is the loudest talking point.

The Eagles defense gets pressure without blitzing. Keenum was under pressure on nearly 50% of his dropbacks. That's primarily with just the front four too. If you're going to send pressure against the Patriots, they need to get home or Brady will burn you. Having only a 4 man rush that generates pressure like that allows extra help in coverage.

The Eagles offensive line has been one of the best all season as well, despite losing Jason Peters. Ball control is critical against the Patriots. Can the Patriots defensive line stop the Eagles running game? Maybe if Ricky Jean Francois plays a bunch of snaps...

As for Nick Foles...he has three playoff starts. He has ZERO turnovers. He has a QB rating over 100 each game.

Something I also found interesting prior to last week's game: Nick Foles rarely gets sacked more than 2 times in a game. That's big. Again, he doesn't have to win the Super Bowl. He just needs to not be the reason to lose it. If he can keep from taking sacks and losing yards, the Eagles can make it a field position game.

I'm expecting the Eagles to lose...because I've been classically conditioned to expect it.

But honestly, it really wouldn't surprise me if this was a laugher in the other direction too.

• Like 1

Without belichick, they don't beat the ravens in the "read the rule book" game, so that's at least one super bowl gone.

I doubt they beat the greatest show on turf either.

Brady is an all-world preparer. That preparation consists of him memorizing exactly what belichick tells him to do. Charlie Weiss told a story once that brady wasn't even allowed to throw to an open receiver in practice if a DB fell down. He can only throw it to who the play was designed for against a specific coverage.

He is all-world at following instructions. Take away the guy giving him the instructions and he becomes chad pennington.

• Like 1

Good post nobody I think that's it exactly.

Thats a whole bunch of yeah-buts

HA! You got me. I can't believe it took me this long to figure out you were trolling. Well done my friend. LOL :thumbsup:

Without belichick, they don't beat the ravens in the "read the rule book" game, so that's at least one super bowl gone.

I doubt they beat the greatest show on turf either.

Brady is an all-world preparer. That preparation consists of him memorizing exactly what belichick tells him to do. Charlie Weiss told a story once that brady wasn't even allowed to throw to an open receiver in practice if a DB fell down. He can only throw it to who the play was designed for against a specific coverage.

He is all-world at following instructions. Take away the guy giving him the instructions and he becomes chad pennington.

So if a 14 year old girl can follow instructions, she can then be the next greatest QB that ever played the game? Because all those other QBs under Belichick were on pace to be that great.

So funny how how so many don't see the game in front of them.

The head coach scheming didn't help Bledsoe much. But when Brady came along, all of a sudden Belichick is great in your eyes.

Good argument dude.

Seriously.

seafoam1 53:1

So if a 14 year old girl can follow instructions, she can then be the next greatest QB that ever played the game? Because all those other QBs under Belichick were on pace to be that great.

So funny how how so many don't see the game in front of them.

Why do you always take this to ridiculous extremes? Again, just because people think Belichick is more responsible for the Patriots success, it doesn't mean they think Brady stinks. Geez.

Why do you always take this to ridiculous extremes? Again, just because people think Belichick is more responsible for the Patriots success, it doesn't mean they think Brady stinks. Geez.

Brady is the only QB that could carry Belichick. He is the only QB that has been able to do that.

He was called Chad Pennington without belichick.

Lol agreed.

Every single time,,it likex to take it a different level.

Like when it was comparing drafting L Bell number one and a second grader.

What?

seafoam 21:2

Exactly

IBTL :banana:

IBTL. Is Brady The Last?

Yes. And the greatest QB of all time. Belichick will never win it all without him.

He was called Chad Pennington without belichick.

I actually don't think that's a knock. I always thought that Pennington was an excellent QB despite being on teams with poor coaching, combined with him being injured a lot. I think Pennington would have been an elite QB had he been able to stay healthy and on a team with better coaching. I wouldn't exactly call Groh, Herm, and Mangini anything better than below average HC's. Yet, under their coaching, Pennington still completed over 65% of his passes, 7.2 ypa, and a passer rating just under 89. In Brady's first 6 seasons under Belichick, he didn't attain those numbers.

In Pennington's 61 starts in NY, he completed 66.2% of his passes (1182-1785), for 12,889 yards with 80 TD's and 52 Int's. He averaged 7.22 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 90.15. In Brady's first 61 starts, he completed 61.5% of his passes (1215-1975), for 13,647 yards with 95 TD's and 51 Int's. He averaged 6.91 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 87.41. Knowing that, why would you think it's a bad thing to be compared to Chad Pennington?