Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl LII: New England vs Philadelphia

Let's resist the urge for scriptures and stay w ff. tb made excellent points about Pennington.

Having Brady has admittedly given BB a leg up. that's not being disputed. But could Brady have done all he's done w Herm Edwards as HC?

I actually don't think that's a knock. I always thought that Pennington was an excellent QB despite being on teams with poor coaching, combined with him being injured a lot. I think Pennington would have been an elite QB had he been able to stay healthy and on a team with better coaching. I wouldn't exactly call Groh, Herm, and Mangini anything better than below average HC's. Yet, under their coaching, Pennington still completed over 65% of his passes, 7.2 ypa, and a passer rating just under 89. In Brady's first 6 seasons under Belichick, he didn't attain those numbers.

In Pennington's 61 starts in NY, he completed 66.2% of his passes (1182-1785), for 12,889 yards with 80 TD's and 52 Int's. He averaged 7.22 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 90.15. In Brady's first 61 starts, he completed 61.5% of his passes (1215-1975), for 13,647 yards with 95 TD's and 51 Int's. He averaged 6.91 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 87.41. Knowing that, why would you think it's a bad thing to be compared to Chad Pennington?

Yet, he ends up as Chad Pennington. Any QB in the NFL is an example of a great achievement in sports.

Yet Tom Brady is clutch beyond any QB in history. I think all of his SB victories were 6 points or less. No greater closer especially when coaching is is not being the deciding factor in the games.

Lol no way Brady does what he's done even with Tomlin.

Hell no

He would have won superbowls for other coaches. Those guys screwed the teams they coached just like belichick has done with NE. Brady wins with crappy RBs and crappy receivers consistently.

He's awfull, he has won more Super Bowls them any other coach and he consistently keeps screwing the team up every singe season.

No owner of any team should put up with his actions.

Yet, he ends up as Chad Pennington. Any QB in the NFL is an example of a great achievement in sports.

Yet Tom Brady is clutch beyond any QB in history. I think all of his SB victories were 6 points or less. No greater closer especially when coaching is is not being the deciding factor in the games.

I'm confused by your "logic" here, so I'm just going to say, we agree to disagree and end it here.

Just gonna jump in for fun. Brady and Bell work so well together because they both have almost the exact same work style. Prepare like no one else, dont make mistakes, and let the other team beat themselves. And of course, dont quit.

Both of them would have been successful with other teams, (Lets be honest, Bill has gotten better at coaching and development, and Brady has gotten better as a QB as well, both of those things would have happened independent of each other).

But as much as I hate it, the two of them in tandem have become the GOAT respectively.

Annoying little pissant

Yeah, that dude wasn't thinking too clearly. That kid is already more wealthy than that radio guy, and she's only 5.

"The Patriots were so dominant that opposing fans couldn't believe it was true... that it was legit... that what they were seeing was really happening - game after game, year after year, Super Bowl after Super Bowl. Every time a headset malfunctioned or a ref smiled, there was suspicion and a belief that finally NE's "magic trick" had been figured out. Even opposing players and coaches were lured in by the mystique, believing rumors and suffering paranoia. And that's just it right there... that's the proof right there... even after all the Lombardi's and records have been added up... it's the intangible and the paranoia that cement them as the greatest ever - they were so dominant that nobody could even believe it... the entire system was designed to create parity and it worked for everyone except Belichick & Brady."

~unknown

Right - except that the "parity" thing backfired only because NE has no resistance due to the AFC sucking every year. If This current Pats team had to deal with the 1990's Cowboys, Bills, Or any of the TRUE super teams they'd be .500 at best. Those are the facts. They are lucky to have this crap going on when they do. Enjoy it. It will the most easily forgotten team ever sincee its all based on smoke, mirrors, cheating and a very dodgyu track record. Sorry.

Disagree, the Patriots won't be easily forgotten.

What they have done is dominate, and do it when they weren't also the best team on paper.

They have been doing it really in most part with less, because they have a great coaching staff.

Others have had more talent, but have come short when it comes to coaching.

I think it's been a great ride and as a football fan I really have enjoyed watching them do what they do and the way they do it.

And it's even more fun to watch fans of other teams wiggle with jealousy.

I bet on them for this upcoming Super Bowl and so I hope they indeed win.

Thank you.

I hope Brady keeps this up at least five more years winning the Super Bowl every year...

Lol I agree.

I hope Brady keeps this up at least five more years winning the Super Bowl every year...

:thumbsup:

Disagree, the Patriots won't be easily forgotten.

What they have done is dominate, and do it when they weren't also the best team on paper.

They have been doing it really in most part with less, because they have a great coaching staff.

Others have had more talent, but have come short when it comes to coaching.

I think it's been a great ride and as a football fan I really have enjoyed watching them do what they do and the way they do it.

And it's even more fun to watch fans of other teams wiggle with jealousy.

I bet on them for this upcoming Super Bowl and so I hope they indeed win.

Thank you.

Hmmm. Not sure about this. The "way they do it"? You mean the extreme controversy starting with the tuck rule? Then the allegations and even some data that they cheated? And how every super bowl win is by the skin of their rear end via a Vinatieri field goal or by some miracle collapse by the other team? Like Atlanta or Seattle’s awful play calling? The list goes on and on. It’s always something.

I think a lot of people legitimately have a problem too with every possible call going their way. Every. Single. One. How many no catch calls did NE benefit from? Or, phantom pass interference calls that seem to magically happen right then they need a drive to get back into the game? Let’s not even get into how Gronk shoves people out of the way every play but has a hissy fit if he gets touched. Whatever....

This is a big problem I have: Belichick and Brady are SORE losers. When they lose, they disappear faster than the speed of light.

I hope they win the next ten Super Bowls. I really do. But I’d like to see them win just ONE without some extenuating, strange circumstances. Just focking blow the eagles out would you please? Don’t have it come down to a call. Don’t have it come down to some strange ruling. Just mow them down and show me how awesome you are.

Then I’ll be a full believer in your dominance.

And how every super bowl win is by the skin of their rear end.

This is what happens when a team has a great QB. They win close games in spectacular fashion. How can you say that the teams that play the Patriots in the SB are all of a sudden stupid? I could just as easily say that the Patriots choked vs. Atlanta and nearly lost the game in the first half alone.

The Patriots win because they are well coached and have the best QB that ever played.

And when any team loses a close game in the playoffs, their fans complain about bad calls. It happens every game.

Philly has a better team in my opinion in this game. Let's see how they handle the pressure though.

My rooting interest in this game is that the league's worst fans watch their team lose and then go back home to Philadelphia and resume beating up on each other instead of other teams fans.

Minnisota fans should go out in full force today and throw unopened beer cans at anyone wearing a philly jersey or hat.

My rooting interest in this game is that the league's worst fans watch their team lose and then go back home to Philadelphia and resume beating up on each other instead of other teams fans.

Minnisota fans should go out in full force today and throw unopened beer cans at anyone wearing a philly jersey or hat.

LOL , agree. Who still hasn't won a Super Bowl???

PHILLY PHILLY

seems like 90% of all tv, radio shows, folks you run into say its the Eagles that win today. Vegas thinks differently.

Im wondering if all of these so called experts, nfl players, etc who are picking PHILLY are doing this as an educated guess?

I think its ENVY

Patriots win 26-23.

Gostkowski hits four 50+ yard FGs, including on the final play, to win MVP

How was that not a penalty???! :mad:

Sucks when Refs arent up your ass

Not a good game for the kickers

just checked the score. I see the the "script" is setup perfectly. They sucked everyone back in for the second half as directed. I hope no one is dumb enough to think Philly has a prayer in this game. Its so over. Oh well. Is what it is. :)

just checked the score. I see the the "script" is setup perfectly. They sucked everyone back in for the second half as directed. I hope no one is dumb enough to think Philly has a prayer in this game. Its so over. Oh well. Is what it is. :)

You know the script would have another TD taken off the board with the catch rule

Retribution! You dont overturn unless its irrefutable

Retribution! You dont overturn unless its irrefutable

They've been using more commonsense in the playoffs.