Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Roger Goodell contract to be finalized by end of the week.

I'm guessing a 5 year deal, 200 million, and look who won the pony.

What say you?

I don't like it, but this is confirmation that everything he has done is what the owners wanted or expected to include:

* mishandling the Ray Rice incident

* botching the deflate gate incident and paying out millions in legal fees

* ignoring the protests causing ratings to decline

Go ahead billionaire owners! Sign him on for 5 more years and pay him millions to be your whipping boy.

I don't like it, but this is confirmation that everything he has done is what the owners wanted or expected to include:

* mishandling the Ray Rice incident

* botching the deflate gate incident and paying out millions in legal fees

* ignoring the protests causing ratings to decline

Go ahead billionaire owners! Sign him on for 5 more years and pay him millions to be your whipping boy.

All the owners care about is making more money and that's exactly what Goodell has done. He's helped build the NFL into the most watched sport in the US and is spreading it world wide.

If ratings continue to drop, they'll have real problems.

Nascar was once really popular too. Not so much today. People barely even care about the Daytona 500 anymore.

I know that Nascar is not and never was what the NFL is, but my point is, if you take it all for granted it can turn south in a hurry.

Nascar's current president is an idiot that took a sport SUPER rich in tradition and trashed it all. Then, he wondered what happened? Why did the fans leave?? lol

If the NFL continues to look stupid, their ratings will continue to fall. Thus, less ad dollars etc.

FF will continue to prop up the NFL to record heights. The game is not less popular, it's more. Every season people whine but every year around this time football fever heats up.

I think ff is more popular then the game itself.

I know a lot of people that play in ff but don't watch much of the games themself.

They turn in to see highlites and things of that nature, but to sit and watch a three plus hour game nope not nearly as much.

I think the same thing as happen to all sports, people have changed over time we want things to happen quicker and sports like NASCAR and Baseball that have been trying to reduce the amount of time it takes to complete an event knows that and has been trying to change their system to fit what the young adults of today want and like, and that indeed is quicker games and events.

I don't think the game of football itself is any different.

A lot of people here in Reno bet on football games but they don't really watch the games, they just want to see the final result.

So ratings have indeed fallen off and will continue to do so.

And head injuries will force the NFL and football as a whole to add more changes to the game which again will lose even more fans, not ff fans but fans of the game itself.

I think ff is more popular then the game itself.

I know a lot of people that play in ff but don't watch much of the games themself.

They turn in to see highlites and things of that nature, but to sit and watch a three plus hour game nope not nearly as much.

I think the same thing as happen to all sports, people have changed over time we want things to happen quicker and sports like NASCAR and Baseball that have been trying to reduce the amount of time it takes to complete an event knows that and has been trying to change their system to fit what the young adults of today want and like, and that indeed is quicker games and events.

I don't think the game of football itself is any different.

A lot of people here in Reno bet on football games but they don't really watch the games, they just want to see the final result.

So ratings have indeed fallen off and will continue to do so.

And head injuries will force the NFL and football as a whole to add more changes to the game which again will lose even more fans, not ff fans but fans of the game itself.

FF has made the NFL more popular but FF is not more popular than football itself. I bet there are more people who watch football but don't play FF compare to people who play FF and don't watch. Gambling is a big reason for the popularity as well but I would also bet there are more people who bet and watch compared to people who bet and don't watch. I know a lot of professional bettors don't always like to watch but the majority of casual bettors like to watch. Usually the reason people bet on football is just to make it more interesting for them.

All the owners care about is making more money and that's exactly what Goodell has done. He's helped build the NFL into the most watched sport in the US and is spreading it world wide.

Jerry Jones has made fellow owners and the league far more $$$ than Goodell.

When greedy bastard owners are willing to pony up $40m a year to a figure head - you know just how much damn $$$ they are really making.. Rog is being paid to be the bad guy for all the domestic abuse/behavior headaches and take the fall for the CTE fiasco.

40 mil to take a fall. Jesus christ, you can sodomise me with a rusty iron for 40 mil. When all is said and done. I won't say a word, and you'll never see my a$$ again!

Jerry Jones has made fellow owners and the league far more $$$ than Goodell.

When greedy bastard owners are willing to pony up $40m a year to a figure head - you know just how much damn $$$ they are really making.. Rog is being paid to be the bad guy for all the domestic abuse/behavior headaches and take the fall for the CTE fiasco.

Goodell has done a lot and there is data to back it up. I'm not familiar with what Jones has done for the NFL.

Goodell has done a lot and there is data to back it up. I'm not familiar with what Jones has done for the NFL.

Rog has contributed for sure.. But nobody has put more $$$ in owners pockets than Jerry.

In a long list of achievements, Jerry will best be known for teaching owners how to profit off their own brand/stadium and for delivering the biggest television payday sports has ever seen...Rog may have gotten in on the celebration coattails, but those weren't his doing - that was Jerry.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/08/16/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-named-finalist-pro-football-hall-fame-2017-class-contributor

Disagree.

I would think more people are into ff then the watching the game itself.