Sign in to follow this  
phan a tic

Men hugging men

And I'm not talking about sexually. I'm referring to a greeting or farewell.

Twenty years ago you never saw it. Then as time went by, the man on man hug, in lieu of a handshake, was used in very special occasions. And that was appropriate imho.

Around 1999 I took my older brother and his wife to the airport after a several days visit with me. I hadn't seen him before that visit in a few years and probably wouldn't again for some time. As I dropped them off at their airlines, I hugged his wife and as I started to hug him, he pulled back and refused the hug. He stated 'men don't hug other men'. I laughed at him and said they do in special occasions. And for me that was how it shouldf be. Special occasions.

But now every godam time a handshake is appropriate, I see men hugging and now there's the multiple pat on the back during the hug. The NFL Commissioner hugs every focking draft choice that walks on stage. Seems a bit convoluted.

And yesterday, I saw a neighbor at our local Home Depot and a wave or quick hello would have been fine but no, he comes over to me and hugs me. Now it doesn't offend me nor do I mistake it for a sexual advance. It just seems seems over the top.

If the hug is the new handshake, what is the new hug? Kissing?

Hug a neighbor? nope

Hug one of my buddies? nope

Hug my dad or son or grandpa or nephew or brother (if I had one) on some happy or significant day? absolutely yes.

• Like 1

The bro hug is much more common than it used to be. I think that is okay in some situations. Definitely not the neighbor or your regular friends.

The hugs where he goes behind you and starts humping is really not cool in any situation for me. NTTIAWWT

White Folks just couldn't keep up with the slap happy negroes, high fives, low fives and whatever they do, plus many turned ghey thanks to the Monsanto gmo soy so they just went for it. :wave:

I've got a friend that always wants to do a hug.

Hi how are ya? Hug.

Bye, it was good seeing you. Hug.

I don't like it. Informal sort of handshake is my go to. Maybe a hug if you haven't seen the person in like forever or something especially bad or good happened to them? But not every focking time

Hi how are ya? Hug.

I don't like it. Informal sort of handshake is my go to. Maybe a hug if you haven't seen the person in like forever or something especially bad or good happened to them? But not every focking time

did it move?

Hi how are ya? Hug.

Whip out your c0ck as he approaches. See if he gets the hint.

Us NY guineas bro hug and kiss on each cheek. Got a problem with that ? If you do my uncle Vito will pay you a little visit.

Whip out your c0ck as he approaches. See if he gets the hint.

:banana: :banana:

Big fan of the man hug

Nothing worse than when they can squirm away

I hug my uncle goodbye sometimes but not always. Other than that, no. I feel uncomfortable hugging a guy. I think it's weird.

Yeah, the Bro Hug seems to be the new Man-shake. I hate it.

But then again, I hate guys who seem to feel the need to shake my hand

EVERY FOCKING TIME THEY SEE ME!

You know what? I met you before. That's good enough. Really seemed

to be much worse in Texas. WTF? I don't know where you focking hand has been.

If it's a first time situation - business meeting, meeting your sister's fiance, whatever - fine.

I've even known a few guys who - when they get drunk - want to keep shaking my hand

over and over again. I think guys who feel the need to shake hands every single time just

need some kind of validation. "He's my friend! He shook my hand, See?"

...So if I hate the regular man-shake, I sure as hell hate the jive-hands, chest-bump, hug crap.

Good friends and family always get a hug. They sometimes get a pat on the ass too.

Good friends and family always get a hug. They sometimes get a pat on the ass too.

In my family we grab the women by the pu$$Y.

i dont alway do the man hug thingy, but when i do, i get a little pooper grab for kix.

Mos gonna be mos

bros before hoes

I thought this was going to be about UFC.

I thought this was going to be about footballguys.

I thought this was going to be about Friday night at drobeski's house.

Whichever is funniest. :dunno:

Not a fan of the bro hug. I have one friend who does it every. focking. time. we meet. He's a total right brained touchy feely dood; teaches psychology at a CC, does some consulting on positive thinking... the rest of us in the group are engineers/scientists or should have been, it's kinda funny actually.

My bro and FIL are not huggers so that is good.

Interesting, I'm having breakfast tomorrrow with an old friend from college who is in town for business, haven't seen him in years. I think he might be a hugger. I'll do the proactive shake/grab the right arm with the left, and negotiate for the chest bump. :thumbsup:

Not a fan of the bro hug. I have one friend who does it every. focking. time. we meet. He's a total right brained touchy feely dood; teaches psychology at a CC, does some consulting on positive thinking... the rest of us in the group are engineers/scientists or should have been, it's kinda funny actually.

Interesting, I'm having breakfast tomorrrow with an old friend from college who is in town for business, haven't seen him in years. I think he might be a hugger. I'll do the proactive shake/grab the right arm with the left, and negotiate for the chest bump. :thumbsup:

you spelled dump wrong

You had to bring the Jews into this conversation - you are making my Uncle Vito :mad:

Us NY guineas bro hug and kiss on each cheek. Got a problem with that ? If you do my uncle Vito will pay you a little visit.

You have and Uncle Vito too? I didn't know there were other Sicilians here.

You have and Uncle Vito too? I didn't know there were other Sicilians here.

And a less tougher Uncle Basil. Uncle Guissepie was the silent type. Vito is the bad asss of the bunch.

Big fan of the man hug

:thumbsup: Me too. Sadly, my dad and son are not fans, so I rarely receive hugs. However, I hug some of my female cousins and most of their children no matter if male or female. :D

I think it mostly has to do with my mom. EVERYONE loved my mom and she touched many lives. Since she died, I have tried to step in like she did, although I am not nearly as good as she was.

Actually, one of my cousins and I freaked out the family once. We were very close growing up and had not seen each other in 20 years. Well, we finally saw each other at an event and when I went up to her to give her a hug, somehow, we ended up kissing, ON THE MOUTH.

My mother even asked me after the event, "What the hell was that?" :lol:

I said I had no idea and did not plan that at all. It just happened.

She said "Remind me not to leave you two alone again." LOL

Update$#@! He is not a hugger. Handshakes only. :thumbsup:

Update$#@! He is not a hugger. Handshakes only. :thumbsup:

Handshakes suck. :thumbsdown:

A lot of people don't wash their hands after wiping their ass or picking their nose. Fock that shtt. Disgusting. :thumbsdown:

Handshakes suck. :thumbsdown:

A lot of people don't wash their hands after wiping their ass or picking their nose. Fock that shtt. Disgusting. :thumbsdown:

I'd hug you man. :cheers:

• Like 1

I'd hug you man. :cheers:

I'd watch you two hug and think hmm... not that there is anything wrong with that. :cheers:

• Like 1

just give it up for the guy, faag.

I find that virtually every man enjoys a good handy.

And, as long you moisturize and trim your nails, it feels pretty much just like a woman-handy.

But better.

Because we know all the good spots. :wub:

Really cuts the tension at business meetings.