Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Wildman's Wednesday Sessions

This is a little experiment that I'm hoping to develop into something regular. Obviously the FFToday Board discourages who should I start, drop, keep, questions but the Help Board has a small (but dedicated) group of people. The problem is it's small, which means too much time before a question is answered.

I'm probably not going to give you the best advice every time. But hopefully we'll get enough participation that you'll get even better viewpoints. I just want to take a little ownership of this board and see what we can do to develop it into something more substantial and helpful to owners.

If you have a Dynasty/Keeper league question you want to post for my response by next Wednesday, post them here. For a more helpful answer, post your scoring system, starting lineup rules, roster size, and applicable information about your team along with your question. Otherwise I'll have to preface every answer or give you either or scenarios that take more time to write and prevent me from answering as many questions as possible.

I am in a keeper/dynasty league that keeps 10 players each year. I am trying to decide on my last few keepers, and I can keep 2 of these 3 WR's: Joe Horn, Matt Jones, Troy Williamson

Other Info:

1 pt for 10 yds

6 pts for TD

3 bonus pts for 100 yard game

Other WR's on my team: Ward, Chambers, Andre Johnson (we start 3)

My team is strong and has a good chance to win this year.

I have the #6 pick in my draft and best available players right now include all rookies, Jurevicious, Wilford, Koren Robinson, Dayne, Gado

Thanks for the help.

To answer this question, you must first think about the direction of your team:

Are you looking to win now at the expense of future years?

Are you more concerned with building a strong team that will compete for years to come?

Horn gives you instant gratification, but won't last too many more years.

Troy Williamson has minimal value right now, but a ton of upside for years to come.

Matt Jones is inbetween. He will be a viable option right away and has the potential to be a strong consistent fantasy player for the next 10 years.

If you have a veteran team that is ready to win now, then keep Horn and Jones.

If you have a young team that isn't likely to do too much this year, keep Jones and Williamson.

I am in a keeper/dynasty league that keeps 10 players each year. I am trying to decide on my last few keepers, and I can keep 2 of these 3 WR's: Joe Horn, Matt Jones, Troy Williamson

Other Info:

1 pt for 10 yds

6 pts for TD

I have the #6 pick in my draft and best available players right now include all rookies, Jurevicious, Wilford, Koren Robinson, Dayne, Gado

Thanks for the help.

Obviously you will target a RB with the #6...hopefully one of the rookies. I would keep Horn and Jones. I don't rate Jones much higher than Williamson but think that ultiatmely he will be a more TD oriented player. Moreover he is in a position to make big strides with the departure of Jimmy Smith and the continuing emergence of Leftwich.

Other Info:

1 pt for 10 yds

6 pts for TD

Thanks for the help.

I'd go with Horn and Jones. You have a chance to win it all, your current WRs are young enough to play for a few more years at a high level (at least), and Horn and Jones are going to be the clear cut starters. Williamson has great athletic talent, but he's a boom bust choice. Brees to Horn is an enticing combo and Jones is primed to be the #1 WR for the Jags--and he's an even more incredible athletic talent than Williamson.

Plus with the 6th pick you should sitll have a possible shot at one of the rookie RBs...

Thanks for the responses. I was kind of leaning towards Jones and Horn, and this confirms it for me.

12 Team, 3-player Keeper League

Basic Scoring rules (no ppr)

line-up-1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, K

Here are my options:

Clear Cut Keepers: S. Alexander, C. Portis

#3 isn't as easy. It comes down to the following players.

AJ

DJax

D. Foster

W. Parker

T. Brady

M. Bulger

It's a tough call from a value standpoint. I'd hate to waste a keeper on a QB, Parker and Foster have their own issues, and AJ is an incredible but inconsistant talent. At this point DJax seems the "safe" pick, but with a 2nd knee surgery this offseason, I'm having doubts...

Thanks for taking a look...

12 Team, 3-player Keeper League

Basic Scoring rules (no ppr)

line-up-1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, K

Here are my options:

Clear Cut Keepers: S. Alexander, C. Portis

#3 isn't as easy. It comes down to the following players.

AJ

DJax

D. Foster

W. Parker

T. Brady

M. Bulger

It's a tough call from a value standpoint. I'd hate to waste a keeper on a QB, Parker and Foster have their own issues, and AJ is an incredible but inconsistant talent. At this point DJax seems the "safe" pick, but with a 2nd knee surgery this offseason, I'm having doubts...

Thanks for taking a look...

Depending on when you have to decide, I would go with Jackson. You've got a 'win now' kind of team...I wouldn't gamble too much.

I actually posted this question a couple of weeks ago but then forgot that I posted it and never read the responses (i.e. :banana: ), so I figured I'd post it again...

Keeper League:

10 Teams. 18 Player-Rosters.

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, & 1DEF each week.

Each team keeps total of 5 players, BUT you can only keep up to 3 players at any one position.

Scoring (minus defense and kicking because I'm not keeping a defense or kicker):

1 pt. = 25 yds. passing

1 pt. = 10 yds. rush/receiving

6 pts. = TD (passing/rushing/receiving)

-2 pts. = INT/Fumble

My Roster:

QB--D. Culpepper, J. Plummer

RB--D. McAllister, R. Brown, T. Jones, C. Benson, W. Parker, F. Taylor, C. Perry, C. Houston

WR--And. Johnson, J. Horn, Ant. Bryant, Mi. Clayton, Ma. Clayton

TE--B. Watson

K & DEF--S. Graham & TN Titans

Right now, I'm keeping Ronnie Brown and Andre Johnson for sure. Brown is young, talented, and looks to get plenty of carries for the Dolphins. The Texans improved their OL (which should keep Carr upright) and added a legit #2 WR opposite Andre to keep him from being double-teamed constantly.

However, I'm having trouble deciding between the final 3 picks. Right now, it's doubtful that I keep either QB since I could just re-draft Plummer, and I'm leary of Culpepper in a new offense, coming back from a very serious injury, and his penchant for injury. Honestly, I'd prefer to keep 3 RBs and 2 WRs (total).

So...

PICK 3: R. Brown, D. McAllister, T. Jones, C. Benson, W. Parker

PICK 2: And. Johnson, J. Horn, Ant. Bryant, Mi. Clayton

Or...should I keep Culpepper/Plummer (along with the RBs/WRs)???

Also...I should say that I have the #1 overall pick (not sure who will be available between dropped vets and the rookie class) if that influences your decision at all...

Thanks for any help...sorry for the long post...

Mick,

I like the long post. The more info, the higher potential for a better reply (unless anyone else reading this gets the idea to go off on tangents about something else...).

Honestly, your team looks like one that could contend if just one thing goes your way or be home for the playoffs if it doesn't. In other words, lots of talent but it either took the year off in 2005 due to injury (C-Pep, Horn, Mi. Clayton, McAllister) or other circumstances (Johnson) or it hasn't stepped up (Watson, Ma. Clayton, Brown) due to opportunity or something else.

I think you have some great potential at RB. Your WR class to me is hit or miss with a few players. QB-wise, I believe you can probably get comparable or better.

At RB, Brown is a no-brainer.

I think Benson has the potential to really flake out, but he's a talent and I think Thomas Jones is one of those players that missed his window of opportunity to become a career-long feature back, despite his talent. I'd go with him because in GM-land it's Benson's job to lose, don't you think? It's why Jones is trying to force the issue here. He got his answer too...The Bears were happy with him the past two years, but will be disappointed if he's better than Benson again...that's why they won't pay him and Benson.

That leaves you with Jones, Parker, and McAllister. If you handcuff Jones to Benson that appears safe, but you could wind up with a Ronnie Brown Ricky Williams split from last year. Now, I don't believe RBBCs are the trend. I just finished research on the subject and I believe for the most part it's a fallacy. But I think your situation is narrow enough to say the idea of an RBBC might be scary for you because your team can contend if you keep the right pieces and draft accordingly. I Chicago is less likely to go RBBC than Pittsburgh. Jones will be gone next year, because you can tell he truly believes he's a stud back with a career that hasn't turned out the way he hoped and he'll continue to try to find a place to let him prove to everyone he is the first round talent people expected...this is a risky decision. Still Jones have proven capable of handling the load and was the 11th-most consistently high scoring RB last year...tough to give him up despite the expectations for Benson. To me it's decent handcuff. If Benson proves he's ready. He'll be the man. If he goes down, Jones will do what he did for the past two years. That to me is good depth.

Parker had a great yardage year, but only 4 Tds. I'm not sold on Fast Willie. The Steelers run block as well as any team in the NFL, but Duce, Verron Haynes, and Cedric Humes could be role players. I think Willie Parker is a back that has the Steelers thinking they need a committee more than Chicago. Plus Willie is more likely to end up the #2 back in Pittsburgh after a disappointing year. In comparison Jones is more likely to end up a starter somewhere else...even if the team isn't that great (which I believe will have to be the case for him to get another great opportunity).

McCallister? He sure seems to be getting banged up lately. A torn ACL takes 2 years to heal. Look at Edgerrin James. As a rookie, he was a breakaway threat and even deep receiving threat on wheel routes. After his injury, it took him 2 years and he's no longer the guy that will take it to the house. I know the Saints keep talking about inquiries for trades concerning Mi. Bennett, but I believe McCallister won't be the same. Reggie Bush will be the man in New Orleans. In fact, I'd seriously consider drafting Bush with your #1 pick. I sometimes feel like I'm in the minority on this board, but I believe Bush will have no problem handling the ball 20-30 times per game. He may wear down a bit this year, but with his work ethic, he'll be ready for 2007. He's one of those talents where I believe he's worth the hype. A Bush, Brown, Benson stable looks very solid to me.

I'd go Brown, Benson, and Jones and draft Bush (or Addai/other back if you are one of those guys that just isn't about the Bush hype).

WRs...I think I'd go Johnson and Horn. Play to win now. Too many people play in dynasty leagues with a strategy that looks too far into the future. Scroll down the blog to see Mike MacGregor's fine entry on long view vs. short view in dynasty leagues. He should know, he's kicking butt in league where I met him and definitely changing my mind about trying to build the ultimate, dominating team with tons of "long term" guys.

I think Bryant is a breakout candidate, but not quite ready for prime time in comparison to the other two. I'd love to keep both of those Clayton Wrs, but you might get them back in the draft if you really want them. Both are mid-late round picks at this point.

Why pick Bush? For more info than what you probably have already heard, I'll make my shameless plug here.

I think you'll be able to get a QB as good or better than Plummer/Culpepper in rounds 4-7. Or you can get them back. Bledsoe and Warner seem like good picks in that range to me. If not Delhomme has less upside, IMO, but he'll probably be there.

Hope that helps!

Wildman - thanks for the offer of help !!

Dynasty/Keeper League:

10 Teams, keep 12 and draft to a 16 Player-Roster, with a 3 slot player dev squad (players must be in first two years)

Our payout changes on a 3 year cycle. In Y1 and Y2, the winner gets $150, but in Y3, the winner gets $600.

Also, after Y3, we cut down to 5 players and draft back up. 2006 will be Y2

Start 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1K, & 1DEF each week.

Scoring:

6 pts = TD (for everyone)

Yardage is tiered with bonuses, but approximates as below:

QB - 1 pt per 50 yards offense (pass/rush/rec combined)

RB/WR - 1 pt per 25 yards offense

TE - 1 pt per 20 yards offense

My Roster: (K for definite keep, X for definite cut, PD for player Dev and ?? for not sure):

QB-- P Manning (K)

D Culpepper (K)

J Kitna (K)

J Harrington (??)

RB-- S Alexander (K)

Caddy Williams (K)

M Moore (??)

K Barlow (??)

C. Houston (PD)

WR--Fitz (K)

Chambers (K)

Andre Johnson (K)

Donte Stallworth (??)

TE-- Gates (K)

DEF--Bears (K) without going into detail, the DEF score a lot of points in our league

Realistically, I will have to keep Barlow and then decide between Harrington/Moore/Stallworth; or drop the Bears to keep two of them.

I have been in 4 straight Super Bowls, and won every other time (including last year). In the upcoming draft I own the #1 and #6 picks in the draft.

When everyone is healthy, my starters are top notch across the board. I think my biggest weakness is RB depth. I am comfortable with Kitna as my #3 QB this year, but I don't like him as my #2 and would like help there too. I have stayed ahead of the curve by making a few trades each year, and so my main question is around trading vs staying pat with my team and picking Bush and best available RB at #6.

I am a bit worried about Alexander (madden (yes, I am superstitious), big new comfy contract, no more Hutchinson, super bowl hangover, etc), and so between him and the #1 pick, I have quite a bit of currency to make some moves. I am also worried about Culpepper's injury, so he could be factored in as well. Let me also say that my history is to overpay a little for a trade I want to happen, and that has helped me get where I am today.

In terms of the guys that I am highly interested in, Brady and Portis are paired up on one team, and SJax and Delhomme on another; and so I have been considering a package to make one of those happen (My #1 pick + Kitna + Chambers or something similar; or Alexander pretty close to straight up.)

The fact that this is Y2 has 2 main impacts: [1] I may be ok to wait on Culpepper for next year's big payoff rather than trade him or try to acquire Delhomme or Brady. [2] There aren't that many players to draft in the rookie class this year that will become definite keepers when we cut to 5 in two years. Bush and Leinart are the only two to me that have that possibility since De Williams, Maroney, Addai, and L White will all be in some RBBC situations for the next two years. Depending on how you look at it, that is either a reason to keep the picks to draft those two players, or trade the picks and get established players like the ones I mention trading for above. I am leaning towards the latter to go with the known commodities since I am in a good position.

I don't have a bunch of specific questions for you as much as I am curious as to your thoughts on offering one of those trades vs staying the course and drafting; and any thoughts you have on my commentary above.

Cheers & Thanks !

:wall:

Wildman - thanks for the offer of help !!

Dynasty/Keeper League:

10 Teams, keep 12 and draft to a 16 Player-Roster, with a 3 slot player dev squad (players must be in first two years)

Our payout changes on a 3 year cycle. In Y1 and Y2, the winner gets $150, but in Y3, the winner gets $600.

Also, after Y3, we cut down to 5 players and draft back up. 2006 will be Y2

Start 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1K, & 1DEF each week.

Scoring:

6 pts = TD (for everyone)

Yardage is tiered with bonuses, but approximates as below:

QB - 1 pt per 50 yards offense (pass/rush/rec combined)

RB/WR - 1 pt per 25 yards offense

TE - 1 pt per 20 yards offense

My Roster: (K for definite keep, X for definite cut, PD for player Dev and ?? for not sure):

QB-- P Manning (K)

D Culpepper (K)

J Kitna (K)

J Harrington (??)

RB-- S Alexander (K)

Caddy Williams (K)

M Moore (??)

K Barlow (??)

C. Houston (PD)

WR--Fitz (K)

Chambers (K)

Andre Johnson (K)

Donte Stallworth (??)

TE-- Gates (K)

DEF--Bears (K) without going into detail, the DEF score a lot of points in our league

Realistically, I will have to keep Barlow and then decide between Harrington/Moore/Stallworth; or drop the Bears to keep two of them.

I have been in 4 straight Super Bowls, and won every other time (including last year). In the upcoming draft I own the #1 and #6 picks in the draft.

When everyone is healthy, my starters are top notch across the board. I think my biggest weakness is RB depth. I am comfortable with Kitna as my #3 QB this year, but I don't like him as my #2 and would like help there too. I have stayed ahead of the curve by making a few trades each year, and so my main question is around trading vs staying pat with my team and picking Bush and best available RB at #6.

I am a bit worried about Alexander (madden (yes, I am superstitious), big new comfy contract, no more Hutchinson, super bowl hangover, etc), and so between him and the #1 pick, I have quite a bit of currency to make some moves. I am also worried about Culpepper's injury, so he could be factored in as well. Let me also say that my history is to overpay a little for a trade I want to happen, and that has helped me get where I am today.

In terms of the guys that I am highly interested in, Brady and Portis are paired up on one team, and SJax and Delhomme on another; and so I have been considering a package to make one of those happen (My #1 pick + Kitna + Chambers or something similar; or Alexander pretty close to straight up.)

The fact that this is Y2 has 2 main impacts: [1] I may be ok to wait on Culpepper for next year's big payoff rather than trade him or try to acquire Delhomme or Brady. [2] There aren't that many players to draft in the rookie class this year that will become definite keepers when we cut to 5 in two years. Bush and Leinart are the only two to me that have that possibility since De Williams, Maroney, Addai, and L White will all be in some RBBC situations for the next two years. Depending on how you look at it, that is either a reason to keep the picks to draft those two players, or trade the picks and get established players like the ones I mention trading for above. I am leaning towards the latter to go with the known commodities since I am in a good position.

I don't have a bunch of specific questions for you as much as I am curious as to your thoughts on offering one of those trades vs staying the course and drafting; and any thoughts you have on my commentary above.

Cheers & Thanks !

:P

Hey Derno,

Let me work from the end to the beginning. First, like you said, your team looks like it's in a good situation. I have disagree with the RBBC situations mainly because the concept of an RBBC is vastly overstated, and mainly occurs due to injury rather than plan. Williams, Maroney, Addai, and White could be in excellent situations by 2007--and I think Addai and White could be in great demand by the last half of this season. Addai is in a terrific situation, and I'd be much more inclined to draft Addai, Bush, and even Williams and White over Leinart--especially for your team that needs the RB depth.

Moore/Barlow are the guys I'd choose from to keep because they have played well in limited opportunities. Barlow has disappointed and Gore will likely get a good shot to take the job away. Taylor is already rumored to be out of shape and he hasn't proven capable of being the primary back in an NFL offense. I like Moore, but despite whether anyone agrees/disagrees with that choice, I think it's clear you need more depth for Cadillac and Alexander

In most leagues it's easy to find a good QB than a good RB. Especially with these scoring rules. I don't see Leinart helping you much this year anyhow. I'd rather have Kitna over Leinart this year. Kitna has been known to throw for a lot of yards (the INTs have been the problem) in Cincinnati. Plus the scoring system seems to point to RB/WRs getting points twice as easily as QBs.

Why invest so much in a bunch of QBs that will be available next year--or QBs of similar ability--when you can take a shot on landing a stud RB. Plus, like you said, wait on Culpepper--your team is good enough. I wouldn't want to rid myself of Chambers to pair with Fitz because those other two rec's are at a crossroads, if you know what I mean.

I think all four backs I mentioned after Bush are potential fantasy starters for several years. Plus all four of those backs are playing in front of guys with some recent injury issues. Odds are one of them will wind up the starter by the end of the year. I think that's worth a pick. While I wouldn't be suspicious of Alexander (though I'm sure if I had him and saw him on Madden...LOL...anyhow), if you are that superstitious/worried about him, trade him for Portis. I love Portis' potential this year so it's not so bad a deal if you get a little something in return. Seriously, I still believe Alexander will have a good year so I wouldn't want to tinker too much.

Trust your judgment because it sounds like you've done well enough for yourself. Still you asked, so from an outsider's viewpoint, I wouldn't change up too much. Maybe try to trade Kitna and Alexander for one of those combos you mentioned and possibly throw it a bit extra to "overpay" like you said, to get the job done.

Hi Matt

Long-time follower of your columns and articles. This is a great service that you offer for this web site and I thank you for providing help. After reading your Building a Dynasty Blog, I have self-diagnosed myself as the dynasty perpetual rebuilder and I need an impartial set of eyes.

I’ll start off with my roster/scoring:

QB -McNair, Schaub, Volek

RB - Barber, Gore, Barlow, Moats, W. Parker

WR - Branch, L.Coles, Matt Jones, C.Henry, B. Lloyd, Stallworth

TE - Troupe, Alex Smith

Rules:

In this league, you must carry a fixed number of players at each position.

(i.e. Each team roster must have 3 qbs, 5 rbs, 6 wrs, 2 tes, 2 K, 2 Def.)

Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 def

Scoring

1 pt. = 25 yds. passing

-2 pts. = INT/Fumble

I took one of the worst team in the league in 2002, with the intentions of rebuilding it with young talent. I would have done it a little bit differently, now, but it was my first dynasty league and I made some mistakes.

The good news: Each year this team has won more games than the previous, with a 7-7 record last year. I think there is some good young talent on the team, (there are a lot guys you have personally pimped on my squad.) but is too young to be consistent.

The bad news: In light of your give-and-take with Mike, I think my team is too green and I have a tendency to fall in love with unproven talent. Actually taking a critical look at it now, I’m not sure how I scratched out 7 wins last year.

My questions:

I pick at 1.6 next year in the rookie draft and wonder who I should take. My idea was to take VDavis- I’m a believer in drafting BPA and think he’s probably as sure-fire a pro as anyone in the draft. Is this wise considering I only get .25 a rec?

I do know I have a glaring hole at QB. I’m happy with my ‘developmental qb’, Schaub, but I think I need a better option at QB than Volek and McNair. Should I be trying to find a Jake Plummer-type qb instead of drafting and waiting for Lienart, VYoung, or Cutler to hatch?

Also, what do you think of selling high on W. Parker or Tiki Barber in the context of the other pieces on my roster?

Thanks Matt-

12 team dynasty league with a 53 man roster...

I'm already worried about my WR's, will my QB's be able to last a few more years before I have to draft one?

C-Pepp, Joey Harrington

Rohan Davey

Gus Frerotte

Brad Johnson

Adrian McPherson

Jake Plummer

Hi Matt

Long-time follower of your columns and articles. This is a great service that you offer for this web site and I thank you for providing help. After reading your Building a Dynasty Blog, I have self-diagnosed myself as the dynasty perpetual rebuilder and I need an impartial set of eyes.

I’ll start off with my roster/scoring:

QB -McNair, Schaub, Volek

RB - Barber, Gore, Barlow, Moats, W. Parker

WR - Branch, L.Coles, Matt Jones, C.Henry, B. Lloyd, Stallworth

TE - Troupe, Alex Smith

Rules:

In this league, you must carry a fixed number of players at each position.

(i.e. Each team roster must have 3 qbs, 5 rbs, 6 wrs, 2 tes, 2 K, 2 Def.)

Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 def

Scoring

1 pt. = 25 yds. passing

-2 pts. = INT/Fumble

I took one of the worst team in the league in 2002, with the intentions of rebuilding it with young talent. I would have done it a little bit differently, now, but it was my first dynasty league and I made some mistakes.

The good news: Each year this team has won more games than the previous, with a 7-7 record last year. I think there is some good young talent on the team, (there are a lot guys you have personally pimped on my squad.) but is too young to be consistent.

The bad news: In light of your give-and-take with Mike, I think my team is too green and I have a tendency to fall in love with unproven talent. Actually taking a critical look at it now, I’m not sure how I scratched out 7 wins last year.

My questions:

I pick at 1.6 next year in the rookie draft and wonder who I should take. My idea was to take VDavis- I’m a believer in drafting BPA and think he’s probably as sure-fire a pro as anyone in the draft. Is this wise considering I only get .25 a rec?

I do know I have a glaring hole at QB. I’m happy with my ‘developmental qb’, Schaub, but I think I need a better option at QB than Volek and McNair. Should I be trying to find a Jake Plummer-type qb instead of drafting and waiting for Lienart, VYoung, or Cutler to hatch?

Also, what do you think of selling high on W. Parker or Tiki Barber in the context of the other pieces on my roster?

Thanks Matt-

Glad to hear you've been checking out the blog. Where to start...First, you're squad looks a lot like a combination of two of my dynasty teams. At least you'll know if your team doesn't work out, I'm probably in close to the same boat :wacko:

I think you would do better draft sell high on Willie Parker and keep Tiki Barber. Barber will help you win now and I believe Parker's value is about as high as it's going to get. I could be wrong and FWP wind up as the next Priest Holmes, but I just don't see it. I think if you could package Parker and a WR or Parker and Troupe, you might be able to land a higher pick and grab a back the likes of a Joseph Addai or Reggie Bush. Just out of curiosity, I'd love to know when the owner of Corey Dillon is drafting...if he's high enough up the chain that you get Dillon and a shot a Maroney, that would be pretty nice. If you trade FWP, you'll need another sure-fire starter. I like Gore to get a shot as the feature back, but you could set your team back a serious amount if he doesn't earn the opportunity to start and you deal away Parker. You could wait until the season gets closer to see if Gore wins the job outright, then you can deal Parker in a package for QB...try to do it before the season if you can...

I can see why you won 7 games. I think your team has potential to do better this year as is...McNair will be the starter in Baltimore and Volek will play enough this year to be of value. Sure you may want more safety at QB, but I agree with you about Schaub. Talk around the Atlanta area is Vick needs to bust out this year or Schaub will be the man in 2007. Not sure how accurate that is, but you get the feeling from the organization and the fans.

Davis is a stud and I can see why you want him. That's why I suggested packaging Troupe and FWP to get an extra pick. Then you can get more depth at RB and Davis at TE. You might want to try to deal Stallworth, Stallworth may be tough to do with him rumored to be traded, but if you find someone that isn't up on that news it would ideal. Now that the rumor has come back about him being on the block, I'm not excited about his prospects.

It's hard to say how much McNair really has left. I think people are too down on him after his sternum problem. Before that, he really didn't miss a ton of games and he was pretty excellent in spurts last year. In Baltimore he could be a real surprise. I think he has 2-3 more seasons left, but it's dicey.

The riskier option would be to hold onto your QBs, package FWP and a TE or WR for a 1st round or good, veteran RB (plus whatever throw ins to make the trade legal) and then also take Davis. This would mean you'd still have to rely on your young talent to shine this year.

The more conservative option? Keep your roster intact, and pick a QB like a Plummer, dump Volek or McNair (Volek, IMO becuase Young will play at somepoint while McNair at best, could have a renaissance), and don't worry about your TEs. I don't think you really need a TE. It would be great to have the next Gates and Davis could be that....but Troupe was a starting quality TE when he played and a full year of him will probably mean bigger things. I'd only take Davis if you can't get a quality RB with the 6th pick. If you can get any of the 3 QBs you mentioned, I'd consider it and then go for a guy like Jon Kitna late...he'll be a decent plug in that can help you win games as your team grows. If you can only have 3 QBs, then I'd probably hold off on the rookie QB right now and get another veteran first.

Not sure how much that helped...hope it did. Let me know if I'm missing something...just got back from a business meeting after a few glasses of wine and I'm fading fast :rolleyes:

12 team dynasty league with a 53 man roster...

I'm already worried about my WR's, will my QB's be able to last a few more years before I have to draft one?

C-Pepp, Joey Harrington

Rohan Davey

Gus Frerotte

Brad Johnson

Adrian McPherson

Jake Plummer

53 man roster! Dang, I thought our dynasty league had a large roster (40)...

C-Pep will be fine, IMO. I think he'll be back in a big way by 2007. Davey and Frerotte are guys you can probably dump without giving a second thought. Johnson will be serviceable if necessary. I'd hang onto McPerson for another year just to see if he progresses to the #2 QB spot in New Orleans. Plummer has at least this year.

If you start only 1 QB in this league, I think you're pretty okay and can draft some mid-round/late round rookie QBs...I'd recommend Omar Jacobs, Brodie Croyle, and Bruce Gradkowski as guys to look for. I didn't watch much of McPherson, but bought into the hype from what I read last year. But when I decided to study the film of players in 2005-2006, I can tell you I feel good about the three I mentioned as eventual starters. Jacobs has the talent but needs an opportunity and seasoning. Croyle will need to stay healthy. Gradkowski just needs Jon Gruden to remain his coach for another couple of years ;)

Hey, many thanks for your offer to give us some feedback. I was hoping you could give me a little help/reassurance on my keeper choices.

12 Team league. Each team keeps 4 players, though each player may only be kept twice before returning to the draft. Lineup: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, D/ST. Scoring: 4/Pass TD; 6/Rush TD; 6/Rec TD; 4pt Bonus for 80+ yd TD's, 2pt Bonus for 40-79yd TD's; 1/20yds Pass; 1/10yds Rush; 1/10yds Rec; -2/INT.

My Current Roster:

QB Hasselbeck, Brees

RB S Jackson, D Davis, M Moore, Portis (Portis may not be kept)

WR D Jackson, S Moss, Housh, Bruce, Wilford

TE Gates, Cooley

K Graham

D/ST Vikings, Broncos

As you can probably guess, I won the title last year and should be in good position to shoot for the first repeat champ in our league's history (heading into year 8).

SJax and DDavis seem like sure things and right now I'm leaning toward Hass and Gates to round it off (QB's and RB's always get picked up very quickly in this league), but I'm wondering if DJax should sneak in there somewhere instead.

I'll pick #12 in rounds 1 & 2 of the draft and then #1 in round 3. The first round of our draft is reverse order of the previous year's finish, followed by the usual snake draft again in reverse order of finish. I'm thinking that I should be easily able to grab, at worst, the remaining player I didn't keep when it gets to my pick, so I'm probably just overthinking this situation anyway.

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Yes! :ninja:

Definitely solid team and too bad you can't keep Portis but you dodged a bullet with Davis/Bush there. I'd keep who you mentioned and try for one of those WRs (Jackson, Housh) in the 3rd round or tailend of the second, depending in the remaining talent pool.

Good job with your team there...

Keeper league, can keep up to 7 players, standard scoring, a draft pick is forfeited for each player kept. Lineup requirements: 1QB, 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR, TE, K

My definite keepers: Palmer, Jordan, Tiki, Westbrook, SSmith, Fitz

My nominees for keeper #7: Ward, Heap, Delhomme, no-one

Ward is the highest rated player of the three, but assuming my other two WRs stay healthy (which is a bit of a leap of faith w SSmith), Ward starts at best two games for me.

With Heap I'd be keeping a starter, who probably is in line for at least as well as he did last year with McNair on board, plus he'd most definitely be the best TE available if I throw him back into the pool (Gates, Gonzo, Shockey will all definitely be kept by other owners), although there is a wide range of 2nd tier TE options (McMichael, Crumpler, Cooley, etc).

Delhomme I'm also considering as an insurance policy for Palmer's uncertainty for the first part of the season.

Or I could roll the dice with six, get an extra draft pick in round 7 and hope an upgrade is sitting there.

What would you do? TIA

Chat with the GutCheck! I will be telling NOBODY in my league about my new secret weapon.

Anyhoo onto my diagnostic session...

14-team keeper league. 14 man roster - play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 6 bench.

The Squad...

C. Benson (Chi - RB)

R. Brown (Mia - RB)

Ma. Clayton (Bal - WR)

N. Davenport (GB - RB)

L. Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)

S. Gado (GB - RB)

Ma. Jones (Jac - WR)

B. Leftwich (Jac - QB)

E. Manning (NYG - QB)

T. Owens (Dal - WR)

S. Smith (Car - WR)

L. Tomlinson (SD - RB)

M. Turner (SD - RB)

K. Winslow (Cle - TE)

My team was doing really well last year until T.O. went crazy, L.T. faded down the stretch, and Leftwich broke his ankle. I finished 4th, meaning I've got the 11th pick in the draft, which we're having this week. The way the league does the draft is if you want to pick up a free agent or rookie you drop someone off your roster. I grabbed Davenport and Winslow off the waiver wire at the end of the year dropping kicker and Defense.

I've got someone on the hook to trade me Indy's DEF for Leftwich, since I think Eli will make "the leap" this year. So, I'll have to pick up a kicker (Vinateri's available) and backup QB. Therefore, I see my choices with the first pick being...

(1) backup QB - I'm thinking about Rivers

(2) kicker - again, Vinateri's available

(3) best available RB - Dayne or rookie that may still be available with 11th pick.

What would your priority be in the draft?

Who would you drop off the current roster to make room for the additions?

Keeper league, can keep up to 7 players, standard scoring, a draft pick is forfeited for each player kept. Lineup requirements: 1QB, 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR, TE, K

My definite keepers: Palmer, Jordan, Tiki, Westbrook, SSmith, Fitz

My nominees for keeper #7: Ward, Heap, Delhomme, no-one

Ward is the highest rated player of the three, but assuming my other two WRs stay healthy (which is a bit of a leap of faith w SSmith), Ward starts at best two games for me.

With Heap I'd be keeping a starter, who probably is in line for at least as well as he did last year with McNair on board, plus he'd most definitely be the best TE available if I throw him back into the pool (Gates, Gonzo, Shockey will all definitely be kept by other owners), although there is a wide range of 2nd tier TE options (McMichael, Crumpler, Cooley, etc).

Delhomme I'm also considering as an insurance policy for Palmer's uncertainty for the first part of the season.

Or I could roll the dice with six, get an extra draft pick in round 7 and hope an upgrade is sitting there.

What would you do? TIA

My first inclination would be to keep Heap. His value should be the same or better with McNair and that means he can be a top 3 TE. Like you said, he'll be the best TE you can get at this point. Ward is a fine player, but you have a better chance to get a comparable WR in the draft since you have other players at RB and TE locked up. Palmer should be a guy that will take a little longer to see the field this year, but you can get serviceable QB until that time, especially with your team.

But if you know Crumpler or Cooley will most likely be available, keep Delhomme and take your chance on acquiring one of those two guys. Because the difference in a good/bad QB is a bit more than a top TE and "good" TE.

Good luck!

Chat with the GutCheck! I will be telling NOBODY in my league about my new secret weapon.

Anyhoo onto my diagnostic session...

14-team keeper league. 14 man roster - play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 6 bench.

The Squad...

C. Benson (Chi - RB)

R. Brown (Mia - RB)

Ma. Clayton (Bal - WR)

N. Davenport (GB - RB)

L. Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)

S. Gado (GB - RB)

Ma. Jones (Jac - WR)

B. Leftwich (Jac - QB)

E. Manning (NYG - QB)

T. Owens (Dal - WR)

S. Smith (Car - WR)

L. Tomlinson (SD - RB)

M. Turner (SD - RB)

K. Winslow (Cle - TE)

My team was doing really well last year until T.O. went crazy, L.T. faded down the stretch, and Leftwich broke his ankle. I finished 4th, meaning I've got the 11th pick in the draft, which we're having this week. The way the league does the draft is if you want to pick up a free agent or rookie you drop someone off your roster. I grabbed Davenport and Winslow off the waiver wire at the end of the year dropping kicker and Defense.

I've got someone on the hook to trade me Indy's DEF for Leftwich, since I think Eli will make "the leap" this year. So, I'll have to pick up a kicker (Vinateri's available) and backup QB. Therefore, I see my choices with the first pick being...

(1) backup QB - I'm thinking about Rivers

(2) kicker - again, Vinateri's available

(3) best available RB - Dayne or rookie that may still be available with 11th pick.

What would your priority be in the draft?

Who would you drop off the current roster to make room for the additions?

If your league is many like I play, defenses don't score enough or frequently enough to trade away for a QB--esepcially one like Leftwich who I like a lot more as a backup to Eli than Rivers. If defensive scoring is really tricked out for your league, then I guess I could see why this might make more sense.

If defensive scoring is standard, I'd worry less about that position and focus on the best available RB--which will be one of the rookies if they fall (Bush, Addai, Maroney, Williams, or White). Dayne could be fine, but Bell is lurking (and maybe even Cobbs eventually). Plus your RBs look good enough that you should win with them now. I just don't see you starting Dayne over Brown, Benson, or LT!

If defensive scoring is set up so the point totals equal a QB's scoring or exceeds it (which is rare for a league) then trading Leftwich for indy would make more sense and then taking your chance with Rivers or a guy like Kitna might not be bad...depending on who else is available. I'd bench Turner and the two GB runners. I know Gado has a lot of hype, but if Green is healthy, it's his job. Gado isn't better than the other RBs you have. Davenport is promising, but not better than what you have.

So Gado, Davenport, and Turner would be ditched if it were me. The other players look very promising like WR Mark Clayton and TE Winslow. The rest are good starters. Looks like a good team that should contend for a title again. Good luck!

Hey, I like the dynasty blog so far...

I just had a trade proposed to me, and I don't think there is any way I would do it, but it gave me an idea to try and do a trade... do you think it would be fair/or would I be giving too much?

First off, my Dynasty Team and starting requirments are in my sig. We get 1pt/25ydss pass, 1pt/10yds rush/rec, 1pt/reception, and -2pts for int/fumble.

I traded away my 1st round rookie pick for this year during our initial draft. I took 2nd place, so I have picks at 2.11 and 3.11 (12 team league if that's not in the sig).

The trade proposed to me was:

Player A would give me 1.09

I would give my 1st round rookie picks in 2007 and 2008.

Now, I don't like this trade very much (I'd like it more if I was gauranteed Chad Johnson), but like I said it gave me an idea. Would it be a good idea to trade away my 1st rounders in 2007 and 2008 to get a top 5 pick this year? I figure since next years draft class isn't very deep, and assuming I finish in the top 4 the next 2 years, it would be an alright trade to get one of the top 5 rookie RB's this year.

I know that I need help at WR the most, but I have not had any luck trying to get WR's like Horn for my 2.11 pick.

Also, who would you be targeting if you had my team at 2.11? And the people I have listed as drops in my sig...what do you think of those?

Thanks for the help!

Hey, I like the dynasty blog so far...

I just had a trade proposed to me, and I don't think there is any way I would do it, but it gave me an idea to try and do a trade... do you think it would be fair/or would I be giving too much?

First off, my Dynasty Team and starting requirments are in my sig. We get 1pt/25ydss pass, 1pt/10yds rush/rec, 1pt/reception, and -2pts for int/fumble.

I traded away my 1st round rookie pick for this year during our initial draft. I took 2nd place, so I have picks at 2.11 and 3.11 (12 team league if that's not in the sig).

The trade proposed to me was:

Player A would give me 1.09

I would give my 1st round rookie picks in 2007 and 2008.

Now, I don't like this trade very much (I'd like it more if I was gauranteed Chad Johnson), but like I said it gave me an idea. Would it be a good idea to trade away my 1st rounders in 2007 and 2008 to get a top 5 pick this year? I figure since next years draft class isn't very deep, and assuming I finish in the top 4 the next 2 years, it would be an alright trade to get one of the top 5 rookie RB's this year.

I know that I need help at WR the most, but I have not had any luck trying to get WR's like Horn for my 2.11 pick.

Also, who would you be targeting if you had my team at 2.11? And the people I have listed as drops in my sig...what do you think of those?

Thanks for the help!

Definitely agree the first trade is a no-go...As much as I like some of the Rbs in this draft, unless you are getting R. Bush, I wouldn't want to give up two first round picks. I think it's hard to say what a good or bad draft class truly is until years AFTER the draft. Plus first round picks in a rookie ff draft should be starting quality players on your roster within two years, IMO. Think about it this way. Would you trade Cadillac Williams and Jeremey Shockey for Bush, Addai, Maroney, Williams, or White? Would you trade Ronnie Brown and Larry Fitzgerald for one of them?

I think your team could use WR and RB help, but it's a good roster enough to compete now. Youll need a reception-oriented RB and a strong #1A receiver to look like you could go over the top without injury help from other teams. So if you believe Addai or Bush can be had with a package deal, it's a big risk-reward scenario. I'd be more comfortable with trying to get a more established RB like DD or Westbrook for a ppr league.

WRs to target? T.J. Houshmandzadeh...the guy was the 12th most consistent WR on my crank scores for PPR. He's over looked but undervalued. Or target an older guy like Galloway who was even better. Both of them should be good receivers that qualify either as a guy that can outscore your #1 WR on any given week. You should be able to get these guys as a late two, or even a late third pick. I'll see if I can find more later for you an respond then...

I need some advice regarding a keeper league I am in. It is a 12 team league we start QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WRorTE,K,DEF. All touchdowns are 6 points, 10 yards = 1Pt (rush and rec), 25 yards passing = 1Pt. We also have bonuses for TD's of more than 40 yards. I have the following players from which I can keep 1 player:

Marc Bulger

Aaron Brooks

Brad Johnson

Mike Anderson

Tatum Bell

Ryan Moats

Antowain Smith :cry:

Larry Fitzgerald

Chris Chambers

Joe Jurevicius

Reggie Brown

Darrell Jackson

I am leaning towards keeping Fitz. Please tell me I am doing the right thing.

I need some advice regarding a keeper league I am in. It is a 12 team league we start QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WRorTE,K,DEF. All touchdowns are 6 points, 10 yards = 1Pt (rush and rec), 25 yards passing = 1Pt. We also have bonuses for TD's of more than 40 yards. I have the following players from which I can keep 1 player:

Marc Bulger-You can get comparable talent in the draft that has a better track record of durability.

Aaron Brooks-Can he start the whole season? I think so, but again you can get him late or get a better QB

Brad Johnson--Worst of the three on paper, could be the best because he's durable. Still not worth keeping.

Mike Anderson--Lewis is still the main guy if healthy.

Tatum Bell--I'm not sold on him, but he has talent and a good offense around him.

Ryan Moats-I love this guy's talent, but he's a #2 RB.

Antowain Smith :blink: :dunno:

Larry Fitzgerald

Chris Chambers--Maybe it will be a closer between Chambers and Fitz next year, but not this year.

Joe Jurevicius--Nope

Reggie Brown--See comment for Chambers...but not as likely

Darrell Jackson--coming off injury and isn't as dynamic as the frist two WRs on your list

I am leaning towards keeping Fitz. Please tell me I am doing the right thing.

See above as to why I think you are doing the right thing.

How about this....12 team, 5 keepers

Scoring

1 point every 50 yards passing...5 point bonus at 250...3 point bonus at 300

1 point every 25 yards rushing and recieving....5 point bonus at 100, TEs get recieving bonus at 50 yards

1 point per reception for wr's and te's

all 6 point tds

we start 1qb, 2 RB's, 2 Wr's, 1 flex RB or WR, 1 TE, 1K and 1 Def

potential keepers

LT2

S. Alexander

Steven Jackson

Corey Dillon

Chad Johnson

Donald Driver

Randy McMichael

Carson Palmer

leaning towards: Palmer, Tomlinson, Alexander, Jackson and Johnson

10 team league, keep 4 or keep 3 and get a supplemental (pre 1st round) pick.

QB: C. Palmer

RB: L. Jordan, J. Lewis, W. Parker, W. McGahee, D. Davis

WR: C. Johnson, D. Driver, J. Walker

Very basic scoring:

4 pts Pass Td

6 pts Rush/Rec Td

6 pts per 100 yards Rush/Rec

6 pts per 250 yards Pass

3 pts per 20+ TD Rush

3 pts per 40+ TD Rec/Pass

So, long TD pass (40+) is worth 7 to the QB and 9 to the rec (4 + 3 distance bonus), (6 + 3 distance bonus).

Jordan and Johnson are the two obvious keepers. I'm not thrilled about Jamal Lewis' situation, D. Davis' ankle, McGahee's offensive line, and Parker possibly getting vultured at the goal line. 80 yard rush games are worth 0 points, you need workhorses who will rush for 100+ and/or get you TDs. Though Parker's breakout potential is tempting for the long TD run bonuses and such, I feel I may be looking through rose-colored glasses as I'm a Steelers fan.

I have very few draft picks, as I tried to make a run late last season, but it didn't come together. I'm trying to pawn some players off for picks, but trades don't open till July 1.

Although I do not like the set-up exactly the way it is, I am in a one-keeper league. QBs & top RBs fly off the board because we start 2 RBs & 2 QBs and they get 6 pts per TD pass and after the first 100 yds they get 1 pt/10 yds. passing.

Based on this would you keep Bledsoe (ranked in top 7-8 QBs in most preseason rankings) or Delhomme? Or would you keep Edge?

How about this....12 team, 5 keepers

Scoring

1 point every 50 yards passing...5 point bonus at 250...3 point bonus at 300

1 point every 25 yards rushing and recieving....5 point bonus at 100, TEs get recieving bonus at 50 yards

1 point per reception for wr's and te's

all 6 point tds

we start 1qb, 2 RB's, 2 Wr's, 1 flex RB or WR, 1 TE, 1K and 1 Def

potential keepers

LT2

S. Alexander

Steven Jackson

Corey Dillon

Chad Johnson

Donald Driver

Randy McMichael

Carson Palmer

leaning towards: Palmer, Tomlinson, Alexander, Jackson and Johnson

Sorry for the delay--was out of town. I like your picks. Palmer, when healthy, will be a yardage king at QB so the rules favor him. LT2 and Alexander are obvious and give you great starters for the short-intermediate future. Johnson is a definite keeper. I'd also pick Jackson over the receivers, because you get great depth and the rest aren't as promising or "high" picks that are worth keeping. If you want them, you can probably get some of them back in the draft. Good luck!

10 team league, keep 4 or keep 3 and get a supplemental (pre 1st round) pick.

QB: C. Palmer

RB: L. Jordan, J. Lewis, W. Parker, W. McGahee, D. Davis

WR: C. Johnson, D. Driver, J. Walker

Very basic scoring:

4 pts Pass Td

6 pts Rush/Rec Td

6 pts per 100 yards Rush/Rec

6 pts per 250 yards Pass

3 pts per 20+ TD Rush

3 pts per 40+ TD Rec/Pass

So, long TD pass (40+) is worth 7 to the QB and 9 to the rec (4 + 3 distance bonus), (6 + 3 distance bonus).

Jordan and Johnson are the two obvious keepers. I'm not thrilled about Jamal Lewis' situation, D. Davis' ankle, McGahee's offensive line, and Parker possibly getting vultured at the goal line. 80 yard rush games are worth 0 points, you need workhorses who will rush for 100+ and/or get you TDs. Though Parker's breakout potential is tempting for the long TD run bonuses and such, I feel I may be looking through rose-colored glasses as I'm a Steelers fan.

I have very few draft picks, as I tried to make a run late last season, but it didn't come together. I'm trying to pawn some players off for picks, but trades don't open till July 1.

Cday,

I agree on the backs. If you were to pick another back it would be Jamal Lewis. Mike Kruger, our publisher, is feeling pretty good about Lewis at this point. I can see why: Lewis is fully recovered from his injury that hindered him due to the inability to rehab in the federal pen and the presence of McNair bolsters the passing game. I think Mike Anderson is nothing more than depth in case Lewis falters for some reason. I'd take the chance on Lewis before I would the rest of your backs. I don't think Parker has proven enough as a fantasy player. He's clearly proven that he can play, but is he situational-change of pace guy that had one great year or will he be something more? Davis' knee is still swelling and he has been taking the rehab very slow before this occured...not a great sign (look at Vernand Morency later in your draft).

I like Driver and Walker as possible choices, but I'd choose Driver due to health and familliarity with Favre. Still both should be available to draft later. I think it will be hard to trade anyone for the value you hope to get unless it's Jordan or Johnson. People will lowball you for Driver because he's always unsung. They'll lowball Walker due to the ACL and switch to Denver. Lowball Lewis due to his poor 2005 . Davis could be a decent trade if the person isn't concerned about his injury.

I think it comes down to Jordan, Johnson, and:

a. Palmer and Lewis

b. Palmer or Lewis and take the 1st pick.

If you think you can get a back you're more comfortable taking with the pre-1st round pick, then drop Lewis. I'd want to keep Palmer because he'll still be decent enough even if his mobility is limited a bit this year. His offense is so good and he was excellent. Johnson is one of the best deep threats in the game, so I can see why your team was making a run last year. I'd keep that combo and take the chance on Palmer hitting his stride by mid-season and helping you down the stretch. It's a bit of a risk due to his healthy, but the rules match his game well.

Although I do not like the set-up exactly the way it is, I am in a one-keeper league. QBs & top RBs fly off the board because we start 2 RBs & 2 QBs and they get 6 pts per TD pass and after the first 100 yds they get 1 pt/10 yds. passing.

Based on this would you keep Bledsoe (ranked in top 7-8 QBs in most preseason rankings) or Delhomme? Or would you keep Edge?

Bledsoe and Delhomme are players with exciting prospects. If you know that QBs are drafted in the first round like RBs in other leagues, then I'd strongly consider Bledsoe. Glenn, T.O., and Witten are more explosive than Johnson, Smith, and Seidman...If you look at last years' draft and see Bledsoe and Delhomme as picks in the mid-rounds, I'd consider James and bump up Bledsoe and Delhomme at least 2 rounds higher than they were a year ago.

Do you have your last draft? What round did those three players go? If you list your first 2-3 rounds, I'll give you a clearer answer (though the answer may become clearer to you as you list it).

Thanks for the help. I'm a bit handcuffed as well since I have no 1st or 2nd round pick this season, traded them away. Working on a deal to move Jamal and Walker for a 1st and a 6th .. having that 1st round pick is absolutely vital to me fielding a competitive squad. Gotta project some keepers from current lineups and see how it's likely to shake out.

6 pt TD, 1 pt/10yds, 2nd year dynasty

Santana Moss for Jerrious Norwood?

I own Norwood (Tiki, McAllister, M. Moore - start 1-2) (Harrison, Houshy, Driver, Randle El, K. Washington - start 3-4)

He owns Moss (Also owns Dunn & Duckett)

TIA

6 pt TD, 1 pt/10yds, 2nd year dynasty

Santana Moss for Jerrious Norwood?

I own Norwood (Tiki, McAllister, M. Moore - start 1-2) (Harrison, Houshy, Driver, Randle El, K. Washington - start 3-4)

He owns Moss (Also owns Dunn & Duckett)

TIA

Seems to me backs are more valuable with your scoring system. Your first three receivers give you a decent lineup--if not much better than decent. I'm a fan of Houshmandzadeh and for he and Driver to be your #2 and #3 looks good if this is a 12 team league or higher.

I can see why you're asking though--your RBs don't look as promising as they did a year ago. Norwood is quickly making Duckett expendable. I saw enough of Norwood that I think he can be a fine starter. It will be a surprise if he ascends to that status any earlier than 2007.

Moss gives you a strong starting WR rotation Norwood could wind up starting, but that will only happen if Dunn gets hurt. It seems to me he's giving the player you should command if Dunn got hurt and Norwood started--while I think that's probable down the line--it's no guarantee.

If you would like some recommendations on RBs that might be available, give me a short-to-medium sized list and we'll see if it really works for you. I think on the surface this offer seems too tantalizing to pass up, but I just find it hard to believe Norwood won't be starting by 2007. He's picking up the blitz, catches the ball well, and is very good runner. I'm not inclined to believe Deuce is going to be a player you'll be happy with this year--same with Moore. Both will be good in spurts, but making that guess as to when might be too tough. Still, Norwood isn't really it for you either--unless Dunn gets hurt.

I'd hate to give up Norwood because I think it's 90% likely he'll be the future, but Moss is just too good to pass up.

Bledsoe and Delhomme both went in the early mid-rounds last year, but honestly they will both be coveted this year based on last yr and the additions to WR on both teams this yr. Is it a good Idea to keep Bledsoe, then in the 2nd and 3rd rounds just grab best available QB and RBs? Is essence I will be using a 1st round pick on Bledsoe though?

Cday,

I agree on the backs. If you were to pick another back it would be Jamal Lewis. Mike Kruger, our publisher, is feeling pretty good about Lewis at this point. I can see why: Lewis is fully recovered from his injury that hindered him due to the inability to rehab in the federal pen and the presence of McNair bolsters the passing game. I think Mike Anderson is nothing more than depth in case Lewis falters for some reason. I'd take the chance on Lewis before I would the rest of your backs. I don't think Parker has proven enough as a fantasy player. He's clearly proven that he can play, but is he situational-change of pace guy that had one great year or will he be something more? Davis' knee is still swelling and he has been taking the rehab very slow before this occured...not a great sign (look at Vernand Morency later in your draft).

I like Driver and Walker as possible choices, but I'd choose Driver due to health and familliarity with Favre. Still both should be available to draft later. I think it will be hard to trade anyone for the value you hope to get unless it's Jordan or Johnson. People will lowball you for Driver because he's always unsung. They'll lowball Walker due to the ACL and switch to Denver. Lowball Lewis due to his poor 2005 . Davis could be a decent trade if the person isn't concerned about his injury.

I think it comes down to Jordan, Johnson, and:

a. Palmer and Lewis

b. Palmer or Lewis and take the 1st pick.

If you think you can get a back you're more comfortable taking with the pre-1st round pick, then drop Lewis. I'd want to keep Palmer because he'll still be decent enough even if his mobility is limited a bit this year. His offense is so good and he was excellent. Johnson is one of the best deep threats in the game, so I can see why your team was making a run last year. I'd keep that combo and take the chance on Palmer hitting his stride by mid-season and helping you down the stretch. It's a bit of a risk due to his healthy, but the rules match his game well.

Bledsoe and Delhomme are players with exciting prospects. If you know that QBs are drafted in the first round like RBs in other leagues, then I'd strongly consider Bledsoe. Glenn, T.O., and Witten are more explosive than Johnson, Smith, and Seidman...If you look at last years' draft and see Bledsoe and Delhomme as picks in the mid-rounds, I'd consider James and bump up Bledsoe and Delhomme at least 2 rounds higher than they were a year ago.

Do you have your last draft? What round did those three players go? If you list your first 2-3 rounds, I'll give you a clearer answer (though the answer may become clearer to you as you list it).

Bledsoe and Delhomme both went in the early mid-rounds last year, but honestly they will both be coveted this year based on last yr and the additions to WR on both teams this yr. Is it a good Idea to keep Bledsoe, then in the 2nd and 3rd rounds just grab best available QB and RBs? Is essence I will be using a 1st round pick on Bledsoe though?

I like Bledsoe more than Delhomme so if you were going to keep one QB then yes, Bledsoe. Like I said, if QBs really go in the 1st two rounds then I am guessing that Bledsoe (based on what you're telling me) would a late second round, early third round pick, at worst. I'd probably rather get a good RB in round 1 and not keep Bledsoe, because there's still a greater difference between RBs 1-10 than QBs 1-10

I'm in a 12 Team dynasty with 22 player rosters, 1 IR spot, and a 3 man rookie/taxi squad roster. Scoring is traditional, 6 pts/TD, 1pt/10 yds rushing/recieving and start 2 RB/3WR.My WR/RB roster is as follows:

RB

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 5

Fason, Ciatrick MIN RB - 6

Faulk, Marshall STL RB - 7

Jackson, Steven STL RB - 7

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB - 4

Morris, Maurice SEA RB - 5

Taylor, Chester MIN RB - 6

(Rook) Daniels, P.J. BAL RB - 7

(Rook) Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 5

WR

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR - 9

Henderson, Devery NOS WR - 7

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR - 5

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR - 5

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 9

Taylor, Travis MIN WR - 6

(IR) Bradley, Mark CHI WR - 7

My dilemma is my WR's. As you can tell, I have little depth behind my 3 starters (Smith,Boldin, Djax). Currently on our waiver wire are Justin McCareins and Doug Gabriel. Should I pick one of them up and drop Devery Henderson or Brandon Jacobs? Brandon Jones with Tennesee is also available, but I'm not sure how the WR mess is going to shake out there.

Or am I making too big a deal out of my WR depth, and it's actually better than I'm giving it credit for?

I'd drop Henderson. He can't catch and Mike Hass IMO, will beat him out for the #3 spot. That may seem bold, but I think it's quite possible. McCareins has delivered in the past, but he has problems catching the ball at times. I think he's more likely to start than Gabriel, but I like Gabriel's talent more. I'd keep Jacobs because if Tiki Barber goes down, he gets his chance (although Mike Cloud may split time with him) and is still a favored redzone option.

Considering Moss' injury history, I might go with Gabriel for higher upside.