Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

I'm here to help...ask away.

Well, my draft is two days away and I am completely ready....I'm busting at the seams with football knowledge. So I am here today to try and help answer any and all questions pertaining to this years player outlooks/who to draft/anything that goes along with the greatest armchair sport in the world.

Ask away!

1.07 - Ronnie Brown

2.06 - Larry Fitzgerald

3.07 - Donald Driver

4.06 - Chester Taylor

5.07 - Frank Gore

6.06 - Joseph Addai

7.07 - Matt Jones

8.06 - Trent Green

9.07 - Dominic Rhodes

10.06 - Musin Muhammad

11.07 - Steve McNair

12.06 - Bucs D

13.07 - Ben Watson

14.06 - Jeff Wilkins

Very good!! Brown, Taylor, Gore are all safe bets to have pretty good years. I like the upside that goes along with Gore. We all know Taylor can produce...he finally gets a shot. Addai and Rhodes, you got luck to pair these two! One of them should have pretty good value....great value getting both of them where you did.

Fitz and Driver is a pretty solid combo. Throw in the potential of Jones and it looks pretty good. I don't like Muhammed....the Bears offense is just bad, but maybe with Grossman or Griese it will improve...can't get worse!

Green will get you alot of yards, but never seems to get enough TD passes. That is why I never take him. McNair is a good qb and he has some pretty good targets in Baltimore. If he stays healthy you could have the steal of the draft.

Kickers suck, but you got one that kicks for a team that will get alot of scoring opportunities...so that is good. Buccs D should be okay, they're not the Buccs of yesterday, but they should be suffice. The problem with Watson is they throw the ball too much to different guys in NE. He'll get you great points one week, then nothing the next.

I think you did a great job with WR's. Running Backs look really good. QB is an area of concern. You simply need more TD's from Green or McNair to stay healthy.

Overall good job....I would bet after a few weeks you'll be able to trade one of you rb's to upgrade at QB....then again if your qb's step up....you might not need to.

Good job and good luck.

I'm drafting first in my 12 team PPR league.

I will take an RB (probably LJ) first. I will go WR/RB at 2.12/3.1, then 4.12 I will go RB or WR...

Now, my question is 5.1:

DO you think it is too early or ok/wise to take:

Brady

Palmer

Heap

Shockey?

What do you think?

I'm drafting first in my 12 team PPR league.

I will take an RB (probably LJ) first. I will go WR/RB at 2.12/3.1, then 4.12 I will go RB or WR...

Now, my question is 5.1:

DO you think it is too early or ok/wise to take:

Brady

Palmer

Heap

Shockey?

What do you think?

It depends on your starting requirments of course...but here is my point of view.

If you have to start a TE, then no it's not too early to get an elite TE.....IMO, Shockey, Heap, Gonzo and Gates are the elite TE's. So if you can get a TE that puts up #2 or #3 wr stats then have it! Let everyone else fight over the middle of the pack TE's.

There are potentially some other great TE's....Winslow, Davis, and a few others, but if you take a TE that you know is great, you won't have to "hope" yours turns out to be good.

As for QB. I think Palmer is a great qb and will be for a looooong time. In tonights pre-season game if he looks sharp you won't have to worry about taking him....he'll be gone by 5.1. If he is there and he's looking good with no ill effects from the injury and he's there....grab him!!

After Peyton and Carson.....I'd wait until the 6th or 7th round. Brady, Bulger, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Green, Plummer, and a few others are all pretty close. Warner is the darkhorse.....if he stays healthy, we're looking at crazy Manning-like numbers out of him! Bottom line is I think you can get a qb with the 6th or 7th round pick that has the same value as one drafted in round 5.

I would suggest going after a stellar tight end or even a third rb if a good one is there!

Good luck!!

This is my first year playing FF and while I think I got a good start in the draft, I don't really have any experience managing a team which could probably make or break my season. My question is: how often should I make roster changes and for what reasons? For example: I have very good depth at running back with LT, FWP, Mike Bell, and Thomas Jones. LT will be an obvious starter whenever he is healthy, but the difference between the last 3 could be rather minimal. Week one FWP takes on a decent defense @MIA, but Bell (@STL) and Jones (@GB) take on more suspect teams. FWP is the best RB, but should I expect one of the other backs to have a bigger game? Who should I start?

Any suggestions on how to improve my team?

12 Team Keeper League:

QBS-Bledsoe, Kitna, Young

RBS-Edge, Westbrook, Addai, Duckett, MA

WRS-Chambers, DJax, M.Jones, R.Brown, Williamson

TES-Gonzo, LJ Smith

K-Sea Bass

D-Jets

Any suggestions are much appreciated, Thanks!

This is my first year playing FF and while I think I got a good start in the draft, I don't really have any experience managing a team which could probably make or break my season. My question is: how often should I make roster changes and for what reasons? For example: I have very good depth at running back with LT, FWP, Mike Bell, and Thomas Jones. LT will be an obvious starter whenever he is healthy, but the difference between the last 3 could be rather minimal. Week one FWP takes on a decent defense @MIA, but Bell (@STL) and Jones (@GB) take on more suspect teams. FWP is the best RB, but should I expect one of the other backs to have a bigger game? Who should I start?

First off..."gobuckeyes".....Ohio State is gonna go undefeated and win the Natl' Championship and Troy Smith is gonna win the Heisman. I'm a Nebraska fan, so I'm not a Buckeye homer!

As for you question.

how often should I make roster changes and for what reasons? The season dictates that. If you are winning and all your positions are doing well....you don't need to do anything. But, no matter how good you're doing....always watch the waiver wire. You never know when someone is gonna give up on a great player after a few bad weeks. You always want upgrade your team. So if you can make your last wr better....do it. You never know when you may need them, so it's good to always try and make all your roster spots better.

Who should I start? Well, always start LT....no matter the match up. Live by this: Stars are stars...because their stars!! I mean LT will put up great stats vs the 49ers....then do the same thing vs the Steelers. That's what makes him great. For the next three....you have to feel them out.

I would go with Parker to begin the season. He is the feature back on a team that is run first. His TD numbers will certainly be up this year....I believe he's been given goal line duties...which is huge for his value.

Bell has more upside than any rb in the league. He's the starter for the best running team in football. If he is the starter on opening day we're looking at some great numbers. Tatum will steal some of his carries, but none the less...Mike should produce bigtime.

T. Jones.....Not a big fan. They don't want Benson on the bench....I think they are just waiting for him to kick in and take that job. TJ did well last year, but he didn't do much that last 10 games he had 3 TD's and 1 one hundred yard game.

Start Parker and keep a close eye on Bell to see how he's doing and how many carries he's losing to Tatum. Jones is a nice insurance rb as long as he keeps the job.

If this is your first year...I wouldn't worry about trading too much, get a feel for the league. That is the best way to win at ff is to know your league and each owners tendancies!

Good luck.

Brown, Bush, or other in Keep 2 league...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224336

You got to keep both. Brown looked like crap last night, but I put no stock in pre-season games. He is in a perfect situation. I see no reason why he can't put up top ten numbers this year. But make no mistake, he's no guarentee to do that!

Bush is STUD in the making! The knock on him is he can't carry the ball 20+ times a game. He did it twice last year at USC....went for over 250 yds each time!! Of course USC isn't the NFL, but all he needs to do is put on about 15 lbs of muscle and he'll be fine. If you have unlimited years for keepers he's the biggest no brainer keeper there is! He may not be great this year, but he is the best bet to be a star in this league that I have seen in a long time.

Good luck.

What do you think of McNabb this year ? How do you have him ranked ?

I have Chester Taylor ranked in the top 13 RB, he is my 13th am I nuts ?

Where do you rank Carolina D this year ?

I have Bulger ranked above Brady, Hasselbeck, and McNabb, again am I crazy ?

Thanks,

Any suggestions on how to improve my team?

12 Team Keeper League:

QBS-Bledsoe, Kitna, Young

RBS-Edge, Westbrook, Addai, Duckett, MA

WRS-Chambers, DJax, M.Jones, R.Brown, Williamson

TES-Gonzo, LJ Smith

K-Sea Bass

D-Jets

Any suggestions are much appreciated, Thanks!

Well, the team looks pretty good already, but there are concerns.

Bledsoe has great upside this year with Owens....problem is....will Parcells choke Owens before the season starts?? If you're not in a keeper league I'd drop Young and pick up Romo. Young is be in a rebuilding phase and I don't think he'll do anything this year. Romo could step in a put up great numbers. Of course for Romo and Bledsoe....Mr. Owens is imperative!! Kitna has great potential with Martz....definitly a good pick for a back up this year.

Westy is injury prone.....Addai isn't assured of starting and Duckett is insurance. If Westy stays healthy, he'll put up better numbers close to Edge if you get ppr. Buckhalter is starting this weekend....see how he does, might not be a bad idea to handcuff them together. MA...assuming it's Mike Anderson....if you don't drop him for Buckhalter (which I'm only suggesting if Buckhalter is named the back up) then Anderson is a good fit in Baltimores system. If Lewis' injury leaves him out for a few games, Anderson is good enough to take that job. I don't think it will happen, but it's possible. He's a good guy to hang onto.

DJax is hurting so watch his progress. I don't trust his knee....but if healthy, he's a 10-15 wr with the potential to be top 10. Jones has alot of promise, but I think he's a year away. I really like Williamson this year. Overall....Chambers is money....DJax needs to prove he's okay. Jones, Brown and Williamson have geat upside.

To improve, I would try and package DJax and another wide receiver to upgrade.....Driver, Roy, someone along those lines. I just don't trust him. And your rb's look good, but you need to handcuff one of them....Addai/Rhodes, Westy/Buckhalter.....just be safe!

I'm really not a big "handcuff" fan, but I think Bledsoe with Romo is a good move this year and same for one of your backs...Westy or Addai.

Looks good though....I think you'll be fine, number one concern is Westy and DJax being healthy all year.

Good luck

Rate Me Team Argh

QB. K. Warner $4

QB. C. Simms $2

QB. B. Leftwhich $2

RB. C. Williams $12 (last year keeper)

RB. W. McGhee $23

RB. A. Green $ 7

RB. M. Pittman $2

RB. L. White $4

RB. M. Barber III $1

WR. D. Driver $8

WR. L. Evans $5

WR. D. Stalworth $1

WR. T.J. Houshmanzadeh $2.50 (last year keeper)

WR. A. Bryant $2

TE. C. Cooley $2 (last year keeper)

TE. V. Davis $2

K. A. Vinatieri $4

K. M. Koenen $.50

Def. Pittsburgh $4

Def. Baltimore $1.50

I know I am a little weak at WR, I left the draft with 11 bucks still in my pocket so in retro I should have gotten a top end receiver, just couldn't find one. Its a 12 team Keeper league, you can keep up to 3 people but no more than 1 player per position. Well let me know what you think.

TGIF

Thanks for the advice. I've heard rumors that C. Benson is making himself rather disliked in the Bears clubhouse, so T. Jones looked like a really attractive #4 back. I guess I'll start the clear star of the bunch though in Parker and wait to see how the season plays out.

What do you think of McNabb this year ? How do you have him ranked ?

I have Chester Taylor ranked in the top 13 RB, he is my 13th am I nuts ?

Where do you rank Carolina D this year ?

I have Bulger ranked above Brady, Hasselbeck, and McNabb, again am I crazy ?

Thanks,

McNabb is ranked low on my board because he always gets hurt. He put up great numbers however, with Owens and before, so he is quite capable of being an elite fantasy qb.....if he stays on the field. The lack of wr means nothing.....he's done it without them before and he can do it again. I advise drafting another solid qb if you take McNabb as insurance due to injury.

As for Taylor....no you're not. You have the big 3....then a tier of about 8 rbs, then a bunch of guesses?! To assume Taylor will be a top back is not that far fetched. He's got a veteran qb, one of the top O-Lines in the league and some young wr's with tremendous upside. Plus, look at how Westy was used in Philly, I look for the same uses from Taylor. That job is Taylors for sure....so his security is there. Only thing I don't like it Richardson possible taking some TD's. None the less, the sky is the limit for him.

Carolina D....I have them Number One! They have everything to like....playmakers. Morgan needs to stay healthy to solidfy that LB core, if he does...they are top notch. Peppers and Rucker work great together, plus they get Jenkins back!! Their DB's are always good. If you throw in special teams....this group is as good as it gets!

I have Bulger ahead of Brady, Hasselbeck and McNabb as well. I already mentioned McNabb. Hasselbeck lost Hutch who was his blind side blocker....time will tell how bad he is missed. Throw in DJax' problems, you've got the makings of dissappointed Hass owners! Brady has Branch (if he signs) and that's it! Watson is a good TE, but Jackson, Caldwell and whoever else they throw in really has to step up. Brady is great, but unproven talent around him hurts his value.

Bulger was great last year...got hurt too much. Linehan said his number on priority is to get Bulger protection. If Marc stays on the field he is right up there with the best....a top three qb, with every opportunity to be #1. If he plays 16 games, he'll produce crazy numbers.

HTH!

I'm drafting 6th in a 14-team, 2-man keeper (20 total rounds). I've never drafted in a league this size so I'm wondering how soon should I consider drafting a defense?

Rate Me Team Argh

QB. K. Warner $4

QB. C. Simms $2

QB. B. Leftwhich $2

RB. C. Williams $12 (last year keeper)

RB. W. McGhee $23

RB. A. Green $ 7

RB. M. Pittman $2

RB. L. White $4

RB. M. Barber III $1

WR. D. Driver $8

WR. L. Evans $5

WR. D. Stalworth $1

WR. T.J. Houshmanzadeh $2.50 (last year keeper)

WR. A. Bryant $2

TE. C. Cooley $2 (last year keeper)

TE. V. Davis $2

K. A. Vinatieri $4

K. M. Koenen $.50

Def. Pittsburgh $4

Def. Baltimore $1.50

I know I am a little weak at WR, I left the draft with 11 bucks still in my pocket so in retro I should have gotten a top end receiver, just couldn't find one. Its a 12 team Keeper league, you can keep up to 3 people but no more than 1 player per position. Well let me know what you think.

TGIF

Fisrt...who's Koenen?

Great value at QB!! Both have good potential. Gruden made Gannon a star fantasy qb...he could do the same for Simms. Warner is in a high octane offense.....looks great if he stays healthy. Too bad you didn't get Leinart.....insurance, plus great keeper value!! I would try to get Leinart for Lefty...not a big Lefty fan, they just don't throw enough.

Nice RB's. Caddy and Willis are great 1-2 punches!! Ahman is a great pick up for $7....if he stays healthy, he could get well over 1300 yds and 10-15 TD's easy!

Your wr's are very good IMO. Driver should easily top 1000 yds and get close to ten TD's. Evans is one of the best bets to breakout and have a huge year.....even with JP throwing the ball. I think Donte is past the injury bug and will finally put up good numbers this year. Housh is solid and Antonio will get well over 1000 yds. I think you have a nice group that will produce.

Again, you did very well at TE. Cooley is very good and Davis has more potential than any TE in the league.

Pitt and Balt.....great!

You did a phenomenal job if you ask me. You didn't blow you cash on one or two guys. It looks like you sat back and let all the superstuds go and then took a bunch of second tier guys.....which is always better. You are solid at every position.

Marion Barber $1....steal of the draft right here. Barber will win the job in Dallas. He's too good and he stays healthy. If I had to put money on one rb to come out of nowhere and put up big numbers.....Marion is my guy!

Good luck.

I'm drafting 6th in a 14-team, 2-man keeper (20 total rounds). I've never drafted in a league this size so I'm wondering how soon should I consider drafting a defense?

I've been in fouteen team leagues for over ten years.....so this is what I'm best at.

Defenses will usually go in the fifth round. That is when the top defense will go. However this year there are quite a few good ones. I have Carolina #1, but Pitt, Chic, Giants, Skins, Colts, Hawks....there are quite a few that look very good. I wouldn't take one until after a couple have been selected. Problem is....it usually goes in spurts. One guy will take Pitt....then within the next 10 picks, 5 defenses will be selected. So if you wait too long, you could end up with a mediocre....this is where it's nice to be in the middle of a spurt....so you have a better idea is you should take one....if you're at the end of one and you miss out on the top 10 defenses.....hold off until rounds 11-13 to pick one up.

Good luck.

who would you start week 1?

delhomme vs atlanta

rivers vs oakland

also, i have gates for san diego and foster for carolina and he has s. smith for carolina and LT2 for san diego.

so if i went delhomme more than likely his s. smith would cancel at least 1 of delhomme's tds and take away some of my own, foster's opportunities. also ATL is tough on the pass. but delhomme is my stud QB and a proven player and id hate to sit him first week.

if i went rivers i would be going with an unproven QB, who could step right in and fill brees's shos or he could be crap, so this move does make me nervious. however, OAK's D is not good to say the least. my rivers would potentially cancel out his LT2 with a TD or at least limit his opportunities. also i would have a nice QB-TE combo in rivers and gates for double points on a gates TD.

i may be overthinking this one but i have a tough matchup with one of the leagues better teams this first week and i really want to start the season off with a bang

btw. im not a fan of "you should always start your studs" and will be sitting ronnie brown vs PITT week 1 already.

thanks bro

Alright I could use another opinon on this. I play in a standard 12 team 2 keeper PPR league. We start 1 qb/2 rb/3 wr/1 def/1 k

I am keeping LJ and Holt and due to some trading have 6 picks in rounds 3-6 (3.5, 4.1, 4.8, 5.3, 5.11, 6.10)

I want to make sure I use these picks to be build a great team so I am resisting doubling up at rb at 3.5, and 4.1 right now. I anticipate the following players to be left at 3.5. What should I do?

J. Jones, C. Taylor, D Foster, Ward, Wayne, R. Williams, Driver, Burress,

Chambers and Dunn or KJ may slip as well. How do you rank these players?

I have really gone back and forth on what to do with these picks. Part of me thinks I should build our my starting lineup early with these picks than build depth, or take rb's early and fill in wr's or try and draft Chambers or Ward at 3.5, Driver or Wayne at 4.1 and then get the Addai/Rhodes, Foster/Williams, or Benson/Jones hancuff. What do you think.

I don't want to blow these extra picks. If I use them wisely it could really set me up. What is your breaking point on rb's at 3.5 over wr's. I am thinking pass on everyone but KJ, C. Taylor, or Dunn?

who would you start week 1?

delhomme vs atlanta

rivers vs oakland

also, i have gates for san diego and foster for carolina and he has s. smith for carolina and LT2 for san diego.

so if i went delhomme more than likely his s. smith would cancel at least 1 of delhomme's tds and take away some of my own, foster's opportunities. also ATL is tough on the pass. but delhomme is my stud QB and a proven player and id hate to sit him first week.

if i went rivers i would be going with an unproven QB, who could step right in and fill brees's shos or he could be crap, so this move does make me nervious. however, OAK's D is not good to say the least. my rivers would potentially cancel out his LT2 with a TD or at least limit his opportunities. also i would have a nice QB-TE combo in rivers and gates for double points on a gates TD.

i may be overthinking this one but i have a tough matchup with one of the leagues better teams this first week and i really want to start the season off with a bang

btw. im not a fan of "you should always start your studs" and will be sitting ronnie brown vs PITT week 1 already.

thanks bro

Delhomme is a proven qb in the league. Last year he did okay vs Atl, he threw for 164 and 163 in the two games and 2 TD's apiece in both games. Not great, but not bad. Rivers has to prove he can play let alone earn consideration to be a fantasy starter. I have Delhomme ranked very high. He has all the weapons he could ask for. He'll prolly start for you all year....regardless of who he plays.

You forgot to mention a major scenerio with your thinking. What happens if you start Rivers and then LT gets all the TD's....very possible. Especially week one, they aren't gonna go full bore in the first game. While sitting Rivers, Delhomme throws three TD passes...two to Smith.....the guy you are playing has the major advantage.

I never look at who my opponent is playing when deciding my starters. It doesn't matter. You want to start your best players.....Delhomme is clearly the choice here until/or if ever Rivers proves he should start. You lose alot more than you stand to gain by sitting Delhomme.

I agree....Delhomme should be your stud qb....and you know the rule: Never sit your studs.

Good luck.

Alright I could use another opinon on this. I play in a standard 12 team 2 keeper PPR league. We start 1 qb/2 rb/3 wr/1 def/1 k

I am keeping LJ and Holt and due to some trading have 6 picks in rounds 3-6 (3.5, 4.1, 4.8, 5.3, 5.11, 6.10)

I want to make sure I use these picks to be build a great team so I am resisting doubling up at rb at 3.5, and 4.1 right now. I anticipate the following players to be left at 3.5. What should I do?

J. Jones, C. Taylor, D Foster, Ward, Wayne, R. Williams, Driver, Burress,

Chambers and Dunn or KJ may slip as well. How do you rank these players?

I have really gone back and forth on what to do with these picks. Part of me thinks I should build our my starting lineup early with these picks than build depth, or take rb's early and fill in wr's or try and draft Chambers or Ward at 3.5, Driver or Wayne at 4.1 and then get the Addai/Rhodes, Foster/Williams, or Benson/Jones hancuff. What do you think.

I don't want to blow these extra picks. If I use them wisely it could really set me up. What is your breaking point on rb's at 3.5 over wr's. I am thinking pass on everyone but KJ, C. Taylor, or Dunn?

I would definitly get your 1 back and 2 wr's with those first three picks. Fill out your starters with the first few picks. The only time I wouldn't do that is if you drafted Foster, Dillon....injury prone guys and you needed another back as insurance. I would prolly go with a QB with your fourth pick....but wouldn't hesitate to take another wr or rb with that pick.

Anyway you look at it you should be sitting pretty good.

I rank your players like this:

Wayne....best of the bunch, could surpass Harrison if he does....he's top five!

Chambers...great opportunity this year with CPepp, great offense

Dunn....with Duckett gone, I see TD's going up.

Roy........massive upside with Martz in town, crazy ability and skills!

Chester..Great offensive line, great coach to use him.

KJones...haven't seen anything from him yet, Martz gets the best out of players...we'll see!

Driver....#1 target on a team that will throw alot!

Foster....Great potential if he stays healthy....IF he stays healthy.

Burress..Eli is gonna be big this year and Burress is his #1 target.

Ward....the hammy is very concerning, could last all year...stay away.

J. Jones..I don't think he'll hold the job, I look for to Barber taking the job.

Good luck

I have been offered my #1 pick (#5 overall) and my 2nd round pick (#16 overall) for the #1 pick in the draft. Non-keeper only 10 teams.

I am thinking of doing it because it is a small league only 10 teams.

Leave link will help.

Noway in hell do you do this!! Like you said, it's only a ten team league. There is plenty of talent and you don't need the 1st pick. You will get two players of much more talent combined than what you would get with the first and whatever else you got.

Keep your picks!!

I have the 1 pick in a 12 team redraft league. Standard scoring.

The guy with the #3 pick is asking me what it would take for him to get the #1 pick?

I have no clue. What would be fair? I like the #3 draft position this year but what is a fair trade?

1.1, 2.12, 4.12, 6.12

FOR

1.3, 2.10, 4.10, 6.10

Too much? Too little?

Is it even worth it?

So how does my team look. and howd I do

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL 6.09 

McNabb, Donovan QB PHI 4.09

Barber, Tiki RB NYG 1.09

Jordan, LaMont RB OAK 2.04

Bell, Mike RB DEN 9.04

Jones, Thomas RB CHI 7.04

Driver, Donald WR GB 3.09

Jackson, Darrell WR SEA 5.04 

Jones, Matt WR JAC 8.09

Stallworth, Donte' WR NO 13.04

Winslow, Kellen TE CLE  10.09

Hilton, Zach TE NO 14.09

Tynes, Lawrence K KC 15.04

Feely, Jay K NYG 12.09

Jets, DST DST NYJ 16.09

Jaguars, DST DST JAC 11.04

I have the 1 pick in a 12 team redraft league. Standard scoring.

The guy with the #3 pick is asking me what it would take for him to get the #1 pick?

I have no clue. What would be fair? I like the #3 draft position this year but what is a fair trade?

1.1, 2.12, 4.12, 6.12

FOR

1.3, 2.10, 4.10, 6.10

Too much? Too little?

Is it even worth it?

I don't think there is a difference between the first and third pick.

I would offer your 1.1 and 4. 12

for his: 1.3 and 3.10

Try and move up one entire round with the second pick. He told you he wants the pick, so he's prolly willing to do something like this!

Moving up two picks in three rounds really won't give you that much of an advantage, but if you can get one pick moved up an entire round, you can get a much, much better player that way.

Good luck.

Either way, I would do some trade.....you get LJ, LT or SA anyway you look at it...and they are all the same to me!

Try and move up one entire round with the second pick. He told you he wants the pick, so he's prolly willing to do something like this!

Moving up two picks in three rounds really won't give you that much of an advantage, but if you can get one pick moved up an entire round, you can get a much, much better player that way.

Good luck.

Either way, I would do some trade.....you get LJ, LT or SA anyway you look at it...and they are all the same to me!

Thanks.

I'll throw it out there and see if he bites.

So how does my team look. and howd I do

Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL 6.09 

McNabb, Donovan QB PHI 4.09

Barber, Tiki RB NYG 1.09

Jordan, LaMont RB OAK 2.04

Bell, Mike RB DEN 9.04

Jones, Thomas RB CHI 7.04

Driver, Donald WR GB 3.09

Jackson, Darrell WR SEA 5.04 

Jones, Matt WR JAC 8.09

Stallworth, Donte' WR NO 13.04

Winslow, Kellen TE CLE  10.09

Hilton, Zach TE NO 14.09

Tynes, Lawrence K KC 15.04

Feely, Jay K NYG 12.09

Jets, DST DST NYJ 16.09

Jaguars, DST DST JAC 11.04

Like I've mentioned earlier....I'm not big on DJax and that injury, so I think you'll need a better #2. Driver should post good numbers...I like him this year. I like Stallworth to have his best year this year. I think Jones is a year away from really being a great player, but as the year goes on I see him getting better and better. Your running backs are great! All have either put up great seasons or have the potential. You need TJones to keep the starting job, if he does, you have excellent back ups that can be used to upgrade....QB!

Bledsoe needs Owens....I don't see Owens making it! The year hasn't even begun and Parcells looks like he wants to strangle him! He is good insurance for McNabb. When a healthy McNabb (Cuse grad :dunno: ) takes the field he is one of fantasy's elite qb's. Problem is it's always one thing or another with him. QB position doesn't seem real stable.

Defense? The Jets....The J-E-T-S? That's going waaaaaay out on a limb! Jags are okay, but if you have the Jets as back ups, they better get the job done!

Overall I like the team. Your rb depth should help you as the season goes on to upgrade if you need to. But, with Owens....Bledsoe is gold....unless of course Romo takes the job!

Good job....good luck.

I will now be taking my one hour lunch break....see ya back here at 1:30-2:00 est

Good luck.

Don't you mean his 3.03 pick?

Don't you mean his 3.03 pick?

Yeah, that too! lol...I was looking at the 10's pick....didn't even enter my mind that odd numbered would be different!!

Good catch :mad:

Would you mind checking out my team too? I already posted it in "A little help" thread "Team evaluation_(newbie)..." I'm really looking for some advice and you seem to be a great source.

J

Dude...I've been wrestling with this one for a couple days. My draft is tonight and I need to decide on my keeper strategy.

The keeper rules are: You had to have drafted the player (and he had to stay on your roster all year) that you are keeping this year. You lose the round in this years draft in which the player was taken last year.

So my dilemna is this: I have the 8th overall pick. I have the enviable choice between keeping Tiki (drafted in the first round last year) or Caddy in the 3rd round.

I'm thinking that I am going to keep Caddy in the 3rd, draft an elite WR like Chad Johnson in the first and then get a Kevin Jones type (top 2nd tier RB) on the swing back up (the 13th pick).

It's either that or keep Tiki with the 8th pick in the draft, jump on the next tier of backs with the 13 pick and hope to get a very good WR at pick 28 (Chris Chambers maybe).

Other projected keepers: LT (1st round), LJ (7th round), Edge (1st round), Ronnie Brown (5th round), Chester Taylor (13th round), Willie Parker (12th round), Fitzgerald (8th round), S. Smith (4th round), Owens (3rd round).

Just trying to weigh which strategy nets me the best value. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Would you mind checking out my team too? I already posted it in "A little help" thread "Team evaluation_(newbie)..." I'm really looking for some advice and you seem to be a great source.

J

Starters:

QB: Eli Manning......great upside I think he's in for a monster year.

RB: Shaun Alexander....gets no better than Alexander.

WR: Dion branch NE....Red Flag! He was given permission to seek trade, terrible timing, he's gonna be a waste if he signs with anyone but Branch.

WR: Eric Parker SD...SD is a run first team and when they do pass it'll be to Gates or McCardell....Parker is a long shot to do anything of signifigance.

TE: Jeremy Shockey...great target for Eli. The sky is the limit for this kid.

OP: DeAngelo Williams...great Back-Up....if Foster is healthy, Williams will be a sideline ornament...ONLY if Foster gets hurt does Williams have value. Great talent, but I think he's a year or two away from having good value. Foster is injury prone, but if he can keep it together he will hold that job.

D/ST: Bears great defense with alot of playmakers....arguably the best in the NFL.

K: Jay Feely scored more than Rackers last year...great pick for a kicker.

BENCH:

Reuben Droughns - RB He should be your other starter (OP spot) consistant performer who needs to score more TD's, with Braylon, Joe and Kellen....he should hit 10+ TD's.

Joe Horn WR Definitly like Coles better than Horn, but I'd keep Horn and drop White!

Tatum Bell - RB Hang onto him, if Mike Bell can't carry the load, then Tatum will have a huge year if he gets the start.

Drew Bledsoe If Romo don't take his job and Owens plays...great QB. But he has to have Owens to have Top value.

Roddy White - WR Wasted pick. Anyone on Atlanta's wr core is not worth drafting.

Marcedes Lewis TE I really like Lewis. A great target who can hurt people after the catch. Problem is Del Rio hasn't ever used his TE's. If he does, Lewis is more than capable of putting up nice numbers.

Hank Baskett - WR A long shot to put up numbers, but he has the chance. Watch Pinkston this weekend, if Pinkston looks bad it's most likely that Baskett will get the start.

Overall it's not a bad team. I like Eli, SA, Shockey and the Bears. At wr, you are in trouble. I would much rather have Horn and Coles over anyone else you have. Horn is a consistant wr. Last year was a fluke....bad year due to injury. I expect him to be back and put up nice numbers. If Pennington starts, Coles could be back to form. He had his best year with Pennington a few years ago, no reason to think they can't do it again.

Don't get over excited about Williams. Pre season means nothing. He looked great last night with that incredible kick off return, but once the regular season begins, he'll be a back up and change of pace back. Don't start him until you see what he does.

Main thing you need to do is to get your wr's upgraded.

Good luck

Dude...I've been wrestling with this one for a couple days. My draft is tonight and I need to decide on my keeper strategy.

The keeper rules are: You had to have drafted the player (and he had to stay on your roster all year) that you are keeping this year. You lose the round in this years draft in which the player was taken last year.

So my dilemna is this: I have the 8th overall pick. I have the enviable choice between keeping Tiki (drafted in the first round last year) or Caddy in the 3rd round.

I'm thinking that I am going to keep Caddy in the 3rd, draft an elite WR like Chad Johnson in the first and then get a Kevin Jones type (top 2nd tier RB) on the swing back up (the 13th pick).

It's either that or keep Tiki with the 8th pick in the draft, jump on the next tier of backs with the 13 pick and hope to get a very good WR at pick 28 (Chris Chambers maybe).

Other projected keepers: LT (1st round), LJ (7th round), Edge (1st round), Ronnie Brown (5th round), Chester Taylor (13th round), Willie Parker (12th round), Fitzgerald (8th round), S. Smith (4th round), Owens (3rd round).

Just trying to weigh which strategy nets me the best value. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I agree with what you are thinking. Keep Caddy. He has a much bigger upside and is in an offense that will utilize all of his skills. Clayton and Galloway are good wr's so Caddy should always have minimum fronts to run against. Barber is great, but he's got to start going down hill and this year is most likely the year. Not due to his skills diminishing, but due to Eli having a better understading of the offense. I think they can open the playbook up and let Eli wing it all over, which will mean a drop for Tiki.

Taking CJ....great! He is my keeper in two leagues. The guy has a great attitude and can do it all! Getting KJ or a similar talent in the next round should work for you.

I would definitly keep Caddy....then try for CJ, but keep your mind open, you never know who will fall to you....if a great running back falls to you take him and go with a wr with the next pick....I think you're on the right track and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

How did I do? I had the 10th pick in a 10 team league

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224443

Thanks

J

QB's: C. Palmer, T. Green

RB's: Edge,Caddy,J. Lewis, M. Barber,L. Maroney

WR's: Harrison, Horn,Driver,Branch, M. Jones

TE: Witten

DEF/ST: Bucs & Ravens

K: Graham

QB: Palmer is a great QB. I don't think his knee will be a problem and he will be up to his form he was at last year in no time. Green is an excellent back up. I don't like him as a starter due to lack of TD production. But he is very stable. I think he hasn't missed a game since his horriffic injury in 99. He'll get alot of yards, just not TD's.

Edge and Caddy are stellar, two great backs. If Lewis gets his head out of his butt, he could be a huge steal for alot of people this year....he has the talent, does he have the heart!? I love Barber, I think he'll start this year and post nice numbers. Maroney is a gem....just dont' know when we'll get to see him. Most likely Dillon will hold down the fort this year....but if Maroney does get in...could be bye bye Dillon!

Harrison is as solid as it gets. Driver should post 1200-8 with no problem. Horn should be back to form after having a nagging injury all year. He is undervalued this year. Branch...don't like the whole situation....if he gets traded, his value goes down the tube! Jones is a year away.....I look for him to show some flashes of brilliance, hopefully it's the weeks you have to play him!

Witten is a solid TE, Baltimore is always a great D, Buccs are a respectable back up.

The team looks good....you could prolly upgrade at wr, but really you don't need to. The team should compete for the league crown as is.

Good job and good luck!!

I like my team, but I'm wondering if I'm hanging onto the right bench players at the moment.

Starters:

QB: M. Bulger

RB: L. Johnson, ??? (Gore or Indy RB likely)

WR: T. Holt, Ro. Smith, M. Jones

TE: H. Miller

K: M. Nugent

D: Miami

QBBN: M. Vick

RBBN: J. Addai, D. Rhodes, V. Morency, J. Norwood

WRBN: T. Williamson

I had a trade go through this morning and grabbed Norwood with an empty bench slot, but looking at my bench I have hardly any WR depth. The guys on the wire aren't overly impressive, and the ones with potential have the same bye week as Williamson and Jones (week 6). Morency and Norwood could be value now or later in the year, which is one thing that's helped me win in the past, but I think I might be RB heavy.

I had Morency because I had DD, but just got rid of him in a trade and the other owner didn't want to make room for Morency.

Top WW players:

WR: B. Engram, C. Jackson, R. Curry, D. Gabriel, Troy Brown, R. Caldwell, H. Baskett

*Note: Patriot WRs have the same bye as Jones and Williamson, thus nearly nullifying their pickup right now unless I drop Williamson and only grab one Pat WR and someone else on this list.

Should I stick with my lineup, or should I drop one or more players and grab one of these guys on the wire? Thanks man!

I like my team, but I'm wondering if I'm hanging onto the right bench players at the moment.

Starters:

QB: M. Bulger

RB: L. Johnson, ??? (Gore or Indy RB likely)

WR: T. Holt, Ro. Smith, M. Jones

TE: H. Miller

K: M. Nugent

D: Miami

QBBN: M. Vick

RBBN: J. Addai, D. Rhodes, V. Morency, J. Norwood

WRBN: T. Williamson

Top WW players:

WR: B. Engram, C. Jackson, R. Curry, D. Gabriel, Troy Brown, R. Caldwell, H. Baskett

Should I stick with my lineup, or should I drop one or more players and grab one of these guys on the wire? Thanks man!

Throw Vick in the trash. He has done nothing to warrant being on a fantasy team. There has got to be better qb's than him!

I would stick with your wr's before dropping them for any of those that are on the ww. I like Curry alot, but I want to see what happens with Porter before pimping Curry out! You have good enough wr's. I would put Williamson in the starting line up and let Jones sit until you see what he is gonna do. Williamson is the number one wr on a team that will throw the ball alot.

As for Gore or an Indy RB....Gore all the way.....he will get better and better as the season goes on.

Not too bad, I think you'll do okay......Good luck.

Thanks for spending time on this board to help out :headbanger:

No problem Wildman.....I enjoy trying to help....makes my day go quicker and it helps me out for my drafts as well!!

hey Cuse cool ure here to answer all day anyhoot heres my team and what im wanting to do

starters

qb- mcnabb

wr- holt, ward, m jones

rb- l jordan, droughns

te- heap

wr/rb- mike bell

k- reed

def- tampa

bench- mark clayton, t williamson, thomas jones, chris brown, j wiggins

i think i have enough depth to trade for donald driver as i love the packers and think he will be huge in my starting line up with holt and ward, what can i offer to get him, ex: mike bell and matt jones for him maybe?

not sure but would like ure input

Hi,

I have completely confused myself and am in need of some advice on which player to keep in and auction league. (100m slaary capy 10 team 16 rounds)

Chris Chambers (5m)

DeShawn Foster (3.5m)

Julius Jones (1m)

I think Chambers may be the safest play as a number 2 WO. I have pretty much ruled out JJ because of RBBC. That leaves me with DeHurt Foster. In reality he will probably cost me 15 to 20 million because the other owners will introduce him D Williams) into the draft early and I am sure I will pay top dollar for Williams. I am leaning torwards chambers because of this;

At 5 million he represents a value of at least 10 million, maybe more. I figure he will go 15-20 in the field.

At 3.5 Foster is good but I will pay top dollar for Williams when he comes out early. Probably 10 to 17 million.

The worst case senario with Foster/Williams is RBBC in which I would be screwed. Knowing my luck, I could see this happening much the way it did last year with JJ as my keeper.

With Chambers I have no such problem with RBBC he has looked great in Pre. This would also free up 10 million or so to use to get another RB or even Foster and Williams much later in the draft at around the same price possibly

Any advice would really help

Thanks

RD