Sign in to follow this  
The Hunter

clinton portis for chad johnson and warrick dunn...

standard scoring (point per ten rec/rush yards), no ppr

starting lineup: qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, rb/wr, te, def, k

my team:

qb - chad pennington, mark brunell

rb - shaun alexander, clinton portis, maurice morris, ladell betts, brandon jacobs, jerious norwood

wr - darrell jackson, t.j. houshmandzadeh, joey galloway, jerricho cotchery, aaron moorehead (may start instead of wayne)

te - l.j. smith

def - dallas cowboys

k - josh brown (have a waiver wire bid on david akers)

his team:

qb - donovan mcnabb, charlie frye, steve mcnair

rb - ladainian tomlinson, warrick dunn, michael turner, stephen davis, maurice drew

wr - chad johnson, derrick mason, lee evans, keyshawn johnson, antwaan randle el

te - ben watson

def - baltimore ravens

k - neil rackers

he has proposed that i trade him clinton portis for chad johnson and warrick dunn.

i countered with clinton portis, chad pennington and l.j. smith for chad johnson, warrick dunn, donovan mcnabb and ben watson.

should i take either deal, or sit tight?

I like both trades for you, the second gives you a better qb. Portis played well last week so he's at a higher value, but his tendency to get injured is a bit worrisome. I would make either trade taking the second 1st but being just as happy with the 1st trade. JMO.

i've also been offered a deal by the following team (deal 3):

his team:

qb - matt hasselbeck, trent green

rb - chester taylor, fred taylor, lamont jordan, travis henry, chris brown, mewelde moore

wr - larry fitgerald, reggie brown, troy williamson, berdnard berrian, doug gabriel

te - jason witten

def - st. louis rams

k - shayne graham

should i trade clinton portis, maurice morris and t.j. houshmandzadeh for chester taylor, larry fitzgerald and fred taylor? or should i take one of the original two deals?

I like third deal, you get Fitz and 2 starting RBs for Portis and TJ plus Morris.

You give up a backup and #2 Wr with Portis for 2 starting RBs and a top 5 WR, I'd say do it now.

Only downside to the trade is if Alexander is out for awhilw or gets hurt again you'll have to rely on Freddy a little more. I think Chester will be solid in the Vike offense all year plus no RBBC.

Good luck.

I like third deal, you get Fitz and 2 starting RBs for Portis and TJ plus Morris.

You give up a backup and #2 Wr with Portis for 2 starting RBs and a top 5 WR, I'd say do it now.

Only downside to the trade is if Alexander is out for awhilw or gets hurt again you'll have to rely on Freddy a little more. I think Chester will be solid in the Vike offense all year plus no RBBC.

Good luck.

I concur.. the 3rd deal is best

I would honestly only give up Portis for something good. I would only take that counter offer that you gave. To me, the others arent offering enough for Portis. I think he showed that he's healthy enough to play last week.

Help with mine, please.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=237990

don't see your counter getting accepted...thus #3 is the best deal...assuming you think Fragile Freddy will stay healthy.

I would absolutely take either of the first two deals if you can still get them. Not as keen on the third deal but I also have a bias against the Fragile One.

Separately, what are you hunting? Dove season here in TX was just average. Good luck with your trade.

Of the 3 deals, #2 is a slam dunk- McNabb is a nice upgrade at your weakest position.. #3 is a toss-up- I don't think you're getting fair value there for Portis at RB but you are definitely improving at WR... deal #1 I would not do under any circumstances.. Johnson has diasppointed a bit (while Housh and Henry have excelled) and while Dunn is a nice RB, he's no Portis.... I think your WR core as is can win, so for me it's #2 and maybe #3...

kmgator

Hold off to see if he accepts your counter. This is better for you but he would be crazy to accept. Just a matter of time before Penny goes lame in the shoulder and Smith seems to be always hurt.

this is getting tougher and tougher. i've been sold on taking all three proposals to some degree, or staying put. i look at it like this, now, having to decide which starting roster is the best and most effective one when alexander comes back.

team one (stay put): chad pennington, shaun alexander, clinton portis, darrell jackson, t.j. houshmandzadeh, joey galloway, l.j. smith

team two (deal one): chad pennington, shaun alexander, warrick dunn, chad johnson, darrell jackson, t.j. houshmandzadeh, l.j. smith

team three (deal two): donovan mcnabb, shaun alexander, warrick dunn, chad johnson, darrell jackson, joey galloway, ben watson

team four (deal three): chad pennington, shaun alexander, chester taylor, fred taylor, larry fitzgerland, t.j. houshmandzadeh, l.j. smith

all things considered, team four looks to be the most evenly balanced team and consistently competitively high-scoring team. team one looks to be the most explosive, but could have some games where the flex, galloway, gives us nothing. team two is barely behind two four in terms of consistent and competitive scoring, giving me three stud-level wideouts. team three is very top heavy, but flex and tight end aren't too strong.

any other thoughts?

if he goes for the counteroffer, i dont think you can pass that up, replacing pennington is a big bonus. i dont like the 1st deal, the 3rd could go either way.

despite that you are week at qb, if you trade portis you will be very weak at RB and I dont think you want that. I wouldn't do those trades. Dunn hasnt been reaching the endzone so you wont be gett big points.

i like the first two,and iff you could get mcnabb all the better.stay away from the 3rd one i don't think it's anyway near the first two offers

team 1 has formally proposed the following trade:

chad johnson, keyshawn johnson and warrick dunn

for

clinton portis and ladell betts

what do you think of this deal?

but completing one of these trades gives me more depth and trade bait. also, next week, clinton will be my only running back essentially, since morris/alexander is gone and i only have back-ups. also, if clinton gets hurt, i have nothing.

Don't think the latest deal is worth it. Marginal upgrade at WR for a drop in #2 back quality.

If the team is dumb enough to accept your initial counter, take it.

deals 1 adn 2 seem fine..

but you already appear ok at WR...why give up a stud RB in portis for just decency in Dunn.

And why would that guy give up his only real WR for Portis?

You can play 3 RBs...and after SA and Portis...you are extremely weak. (though I have not read how many teams in the league...so you may be fine...if larger than 12...sorry).

The 3rd one sounded better in getting Chester and Fred...but with Drew looking good, that would worry me a bit.