Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

The help master is here.

Okay, I've got all day to kill. If you're stuck with a decision on who to keep or draft or whatever. I'll give my insightful opinions. I have a good idea on just about every player there is so ask away and I'll try to help.

I do this simply because alot of help board questions don't get answered or if they do it's not for a couple days. So, I am here to help you win your league....just mail me 10% of your winnings :thumbsdown:

I'm looking for some late round fliers. On the list, to give you some idea, are James Jones, Maurice Stovall, Brodie Croyle, Kenneth Darby. Is anyone making unexpected waves in their camp?

J

12 man league with 500 to the winner. I had the 5th pick, its a pretty balanced league as far as tds and yards go with turnovers being -3.

1. Shaun Alexander

2. Ronnie Brown

3. Torry Holt

4. Reggie Brown (i was drunk and really wanted brown)

5. Lee Evans (i should have picked him in the forth and brown in the 5h so it worked out)

6. Julius Jones

7. Braylon Edwards

8. Eli Manning

9. Ladell Betts

10. Lamant Jordan

11. Randy McMichael

12. Greg Jennings

13. Chad Pennington

14. Ben Watson

15. Buffalo D

16. Sean Kasay

We are allowed 3 trades then the 4th is 5 and 5th is 10 and so on. Is there anything i should do to my team before the season. should i be worried about my qb or te situation? thanks

I'm looking for some late round fliers. On the list, to give you some idea, are James Jones, Maurice Stovall, Brodie Croyle, Kenneth Darby. Is anyone making unexpected waves in their camp?

J

Maurice Stovall is a very intriguing choice! At 6'4 the guy has the size to be a great endzone target! Garcia can create time to get him the ball. Galloway is about done, Boston has been done and Clayton is bout gone. Stovall has tremendous upside this year!

James Jones is a very strong kid! There is a big buzz around this kid's electric play. However, Driver is #1 and Jennings is #2. He definitly has the talent, but the same things were being said about Jennings last year and he put up decent numbers, but nothing great. Jones is a great guy to draft if you have four solid wr's and can afford to sit on him and see how they use him. Especially if injury hits Driver or Jennings.

Brodie Croyle doesn't strike me as the answer in KC. I think Trent Green was a more talented QB and he was never a great fantasy qb. He was good, but not a guy you had to have. I would not bother drafting Croyle based on his potential and most of all the lack of wr's in KC.

Kenneth Darby was a seventh rounder, he has decent size and alot of heart. He is way behind Caddy in the talent department and way behind Pittman is the knowledge department. I highly doubt he'll have any impact this year. He's nothing more than a reminder to Caddy and Pittman that somebody always wants their job.

Others:

Laurent Robinson. Much like Jones, this is a guy to watch and see what happens. Jenkins and White have proved they cannot catch the ball consistantly. Robinson has good speed and size which would compliment Horn nicely. With Horn moving the chains and Crumpler as a the endzone target, Robinson fits in nicely as the stretch the field guy. However, he is a rookie and must pass Jenkins and White, but if he does......Marques Colston!!

Demetrius Williams. Last year he showed signs of his big play potential. Neuhiessel really wants bigger plays this year and Williams is that guy. Clayton and Mason are the main guys, but Williams is more than capable of knocking Mason out, which I expect him to do. Of course the worst part is McNair must stay healthy!

Jacoby Jones is looking very good. If they don't sign Ferguson then Jones could put nice numbers.

There is only one rb (other than the obvious ones) that I think you can get later that could pay big dividends.

Dominic Rhodes. They already had an okay group of RB's. Rhodes fits in great with Kiffin's offensive scheme. I think he will put up very good numbers for bye week fill in. He will get overlooked in drafts due to his suspension, but when he comes back I expect him to contribut immediatley.

Brady Quinn is a kid that looks like he's gonna produce right away. Even if he don't start the year, there no reason to believe he'll stay one the bench for long. With Winslow, Edwards, Joe J and Jamal Lewis he has some very good options around him that could help him put up good stats. He's a Brown, so he gets drafted very, very late.

12 man league with 500 to the winner. I had the 5th pick, its a pretty balanced league as far as tds and yards go with turnovers being -3.

1. Shaun Alexander

2. Ronnie Brown

3. Torry Holt

4. Reggie Brown (i was drunk and really wanted brown)

5. Lee Evans (i should have picked him in the forth and brown in the 5h so it worked out)

6. Julius Jones

7. Braylon Edwards

8. Eli Manning

9. Ladell Betts

10. Lamant Jordan

11. Randy McMichael

12. Greg Jennings

13. Chad Pennington

14. Ben Watson

15. Buffalo D

16. Sean Kasay

We are allowed 3 trades then the 4th is 5 and 5th is 10 and so on. Is there anything i should do to my team before the season. should i be worried about my qb or te situation? thanks

First problem is: If you get in a league that gives out $500 to the winner, you don't get drunk!!

Your top five picks were very good. You're right, should have took Evans before Brown, but hey, it worked out! I think your top five will do a good job.

Jones, Betts, Jordan. All are split carry guys so I don't expect any of them to be world beaters this year. They are great fill ins. Hopefully when you need them they'll have big days! Edwards and Jennings are nice back-up wr's. Both have alot of talent and are ready to break out. Nice guys to have and see if it happens. Since you're set with your starters, you can afford to see what happens with them.

Not a big fan of your TE's. Watson is great. He has just as much talent as any TE in the league. The big problem is that NE spreads the ball around too much. He'll have great games...then dissappear. I'm not high on McMichael either. The Rams have never used their TE's much. Of course they haven't had one this good, but I expect a big drop in numbers from last year.

Manning and Pennington. I do not like Eli as a #1. He is a #1 talent, but the offensive philosphy in NY isn't suited for fantasy. He has all the weapons you would want though. Jacobs, Shockey, Burress, Smith, Moss....even 55 year old Toomer. Pennington is nothing more than a fill in guy. I would defintily try and upgrade your qbs. At the very least get rid of Pennington and find a guy with more potential.

Overall I think you have a good team. It's not the greatest, but it's pretty good. There is no reason to believe that you can't win your league.

I'd address the QB situation though. Get Schuab, Leinart, Quinn, Losman.....a younger guy with better upside.

Good luck.

wow thanks for the input. I was drinking, writing in all the picks, and making my picks at the same time. There were already 11 qbs gone by the time i picked manning and even though leinart was still around and what not i couldnt leave eli for some reason. When it got back to me again losman was gone, leinart was gone, schaubb was gone. i think delhomme might be on waivers along with harrington, croyle huard. should i wait to see what happens with my guys or act before the season?

wow thanks for the input. I was drinking, writing in all the picks, and making my picks at the same time. There were already 11 qbs gone by the time i picked manning and even though leinart was still around and what not i couldnt leave eli for some reason. When it got back to me again losman was gone, leinart was gone, schaubb was gone. i think delhomme might be on waivers along with harrington, croyle huard. should i wait to see what happens with my guys or act before the season?

Definitly hang onto Eli! I don't like the system in NY, but like I said he's got so many weapons. If they throw up some bigger plays and get Smith and Moss involved he could prove to be a steal. Alot of playmakers on that team.

What else is out there to replace Pennington. Mangini is a run first guy and he don't take alot of chances. I think we all know exactly what we'll get out of him.

At least with Delhomme you have big play potential in Smith and Jarret. Not to mention the big play potential of a dump off to Foster or Williams. The problem with Delhomme is he has Carr (who may be better) waiting to come in if Delhomme plays like he did last year. In any event I'd rather have Delhomme over Pennington. I believe the first 9-10 games are very favorable for Delhomme to put up great numbers.

Harrington is a nice guy to watch. He's in a system built to put up numbers. Two problems. First, it's hard to believe in Joey! Second, we don't know if Petrino can make his sytem work in the pros?

Croyle/Huard....pass!!

alright sounds good, i really like my backups to have huge upsides and penn will be pretty standard at best. delhomme it is. thanks man

alright sounds good, i really like my backups to have huge upsides and penn will be pretty standard at best. delhomme it is. thanks man

I still like having Quinn, Schuab, Leinart and a few others more, but Delhomme has the chance to be a star.

Watch for two things:

One, watch how his play is going and the talk of Carr coming in. If Carr comes in that could be it!

Two, His schedule after week ten is tough! One stretch he'll have Jaxonville, Seattle, Dallas in weeks 14-16. Could be tough for him during our playoffs.

That is nice of you, to answer everyones questions.

Tell me what do you think of this team I drafted last night out of the 11 slot.

Jon Kitna

Jay Cutler

Reggie Bush

Travis Henry

Adrian Peterson

Jerious Norwood

Torry Holt

Lee Evans

Calvin Johnson

DJ Hackett

Santonio Holmes

I guess you cant get the jest of it from that... Very limited bench.

It's not my league, but I helped a friend draft a team. I think I ended up pretty well.

i really dislike Kitna though, I think I'll end up playing Cutler alot.

That is nice of you, to answer everyones questions.

Tell me what do you think of this team I drafted last night out of the 11 slot.

Jon Kitna

Jay Cutler

Reggie Bush

Travis Henry

Adrian Peterson

Jerious Norwood

Torry Holt

Lee Evans

Calvin Johnson

DJ Hackett

Santonio Holmes

I guess you cant get the jest of it from that... Very limited bench.

It's not my league, but I helped a friend draft a team. I think I ended up pretty well.

i really dislike Kitna though, I think I'll end up playing Cutler alot.

You drafted about the same as I would have. I really like taking upside guys with my back ups. Kitna looks to be pretty solid. The only thing that will hurt him is his interceptions. If your league don't take points away for int's then he is gold this year! I like Cutler, but after Javon alot of unproven/new players. Marshall, Scheffler haven't got enough PT and Henry/Graham are new. He'll get it down, but it will be hit or miss with him and his fantasy numbers. In any event great 1-2 for qbs this year.

RB, We've already had the Henry debate. If he stays on field for 16 games then he will post great numbers. Prolly career numbers. I still don't believe in him though, but with your depth.....I would take the chance. Bush is the next great thing for fantasy, can't go wrong. Peterson looks like he's going to be a stud. I love Norwood this year. Dunn is hurt and it looks like it doesn't matter. Bush was great at Louisville and Norwood will assume that role in Petrinos offense.

Again, great studs mixed with great potential! Holt and Evans are solid #1/#2. CJ2 is gonna put up great #3 numbers this year. Hackett and Holmes both are in situations to excell way beyond expectations. I love your wr core!!

Overall you have top tier players at each position coupled with top tier prospects underneath them. You did an excellent job of balancing out your team. The key is winning week by week. You didn't stack one position to be weak at another. You managed to make your weekly starting line up very tough, while drafting great potential bye week fill ins or trade bait.

Great job.....good luck.

Hey man, im much appreciative for your help already, but if your really bored could you rank the teams in my league real quick and then i could make an article about it.

Rd Team America the shockers Red Stripe Herby Lean like a cHoLo

1 J. Addai (RB-Ind) M. Booker (WR-Mia) P. Manning (QB-Ind) J. Brown (PK-Sea) D. Akers (PK-Phi)

2 M. Barber III (RB-Dal) M. Bradley (WR-Chi) B. Westbrook (RB-Phi) J. Campbell (QB-Was) D. Branch (WR-Sea)

3 D. Clark (TE-Ind) C. Brown (RB-Ten) C. Portis (RB-Was) J. Cutler (QB-Den) I. Bruce (WR-StL)

4 D. Clark (TE-Chi) J. Galloway (WR-TB) M. Colston (WR-NO) V. Davis (TE-SF) A. Crumpler (TE-Atl)

5 M. Clayton (WR-Bal) A. Gates (TE-SD) S. Moss (WR-Was) J. Elam (PK-Den) D. Foster (RB-Car)

6 K. Curtis (WR-Phi) T. Glenn (WR-Dal) J. Shockey (TE-NYG) T. Henry (RB-Den) S. Jackson (RB-StL)

7 B. Favre (QB-GB) A. Green (RB-Hou) B. Berrian (WR-Chi) V. Jackson (WR-SD) C. Johnson (WR-Cin)

8 S. Gostkowski (PK-NE) T. Houshmandzadeh (WR-Cin) P. Rivers (QB-SD) M. Lynch (RB-Buf) D. McNabb (QB-Phi)

9 R. Gould (PK-Chi) J. Losman (QB-Buf) Dallas (DST-Dal) T. Owens (WR-Dal) H. Miller (TE-Pit)

10 E. James (RB-Ari) D. McAllister (RB-NO) D. Bennett (WR-StL) A. Peterson (RB-Min) M. Muhammad (WR-Chi)

11 E. Kennison (WR-KC) R. Moss (WR-NE) M. Stover (PK-Bal) L. Smith (TE-Phi) B. Roethlisberger (QB-Pit)

12 J. Kitna (QB-Det) M. Pollard (TE-Sea) M. Turner (RB-SD) D. Stallworth (WR-NE) H. Ward (WR-Pit)

13 J. McCown (QB-Oak) N. Rackers (PK-Ari) Seattle (DST-Sea) L. Washington (RB-NYJ) C. Williams (RB-TB)

14 S. Smith (WR-Car) T. Romo (QB-Dal) B. Scaife (TE-Ten) Carolina (DST-Car) C. Wilson (WR-Pit)

15 D. Williams (RB-Car) L. Tomlinson (RB-SD) T. Green (QB-Mia) Cincinnati (DST-Cin) Minnesota (DST-Min)

16 Baltimore (DST-Bal) Philadelphia (DST-Phi) M. Vick (QB-Atl) San Diego (DST-SD) Tampa Bay (DST-TB)

Rd Vijay's Skeez Heinekin Hustlers Army of the Potomac Coasties Daddy Didnt Draft My Team

1 T. Bell (RB-Det) D. Brees (QB-NO) M. Bell (RB-Den) R. Bush (RB-NO) T. Brady (QB-NE)

2 C. Benson (RB-Chi) R. Curry (WR-Oak) A. Boldin (WR-Ari) J. Cotchery (WR-NYJ) P. Burress (WR-NYG)

3 M. Bulger (QB-StL) W. Dunn (RB-Atl) L. Coles (WR-NYJ) N. Davenport (RB-Pit) J. Garcia (QB-TB)

4 C. Chambers (WR-Mia) C. Johnson (WR-Det) S. Graham (PK-Cin) T. Gonzalez (TE-KC) T. Heap (TE-Bal)

5 D. Driver (WR-GB) L. Johnson (RB-KC) D. Henderson (WR-NO) R. Grossman (QB-Chi) J. Horn (WR-Atl)

6 A. Gonzalez (WR-Ind) M. Jones (WR-Jac) T. Jones (RB-NYJ) M. Harrison (WR-Ind) B. Jacobs (RB-NYG)

7 F. Gore (RB-SF) A. Lelie (WR-SF) D. Mason (WR-Bal) M. Hasselbeck (QB-Sea) S. Janikowski (PK-Oak)

8 D. Graham (TE-Den) A. Smith (TE-TB) W. McGahee (RB-Bal) S. Holmes (WR-Pit) D. Jarrett (WR-Car)

9 B. Leftwich (QB-Jac) C. Taylor (RB-Min) S. McNair (QB-Bal) B. Jackson (RB-GB) N. Kaeding (PK-SD)

10 M. Lewis (TE-Jac) A. Vinatieri (PK-Ind) V. Morency (RB-GB) D. Jackson (WR-SF) J. Lewis (RB-Cle)

11 J. Medlock (PK-KC) R. Wayne (WR-Ind) C. Palmer (QB-Cin) J. Jurevicius (WR-Cle) L. Maroney (RB-NE)

12 J. Porter (WR-Oak) L. White (RB-Ten) B. Quinn (QB-Cle) O. Mare (PK-NO) D. Rhodes (RB-Oak)

13 A. Randle El (WR-Was) T. Williamson (WR-Min) F. Taylor (RB-Jac) W. Parker (RB-Pit) R. Williams (WR-Jac)

14 J. Wilkins (PK-StL) J. Witten (TE-Dal) W. Welker (WR-NE) T. Scheffler (TE-Den) R. Williams (WR-Det)

15 Chicago (DST-Chi) Cleveland (DST-Cle) K. Winslow (TE-Cle) Green Bay (DST-GB) Miami (DST-Mia)

16 St. Louis (DST-StL) Denver (DST-Den) Pittsburgh (DST-Pit) New England (DST-NE) NYJ (DST-NYJ)

Rd Sweatpants Erections The Midnight Stealth

1 S. Alexander (RB-Sea) C. Cooley (TE-Was)

2 L. Betts (RB-Was) R. Droughns (RB-NYG)

3 R. Brown (WR-Phi) L. Fitzgerald (WR-Ari)

4 R. Brown (RB-Mia) M. Furrey (WR-Det)

5 B. Edwards (WR-Cle) J. Hanson (PK-Det)

6 L. Evans (WR-Buf) A. Johnson (WR-Hou)

7 T. Holt (WR-StL) R. Johnson (RB-Cin)

8 G. Jennings (WR-GB) K. Jones (RB-Det)

9 J. Jones (RB-Dal) M. Jones-Drew (RB-Jac)

10 L. Jordan (RB-Oak) M. Leinart (QB-Ari)

11 J. Kasay (PK-Car) J. Norwood (RB-Atl)

12 E. Manning (QB-NYG) G. Olsen (TE-Chi)

13 R. McMichael (TE-StL) M. Schaub (QB-Hou)

14 J. Delhomme (QB-CAR) J. Walker (WR-Den)

15 B. Watson (TE-NE) V. Young (QB-Ten)

16 Buffalo (DST-Buf) Jacksonville (DST-Jac)

seriously if you dont want to do it no hard feelings at all. and i really appreciate your help, i pick up delhomme

Thanks for the insight in advance. You're right, many folks don't repond in any sort of depth to postings.

Anyhow, my league scoring for offense is as follows:

PaTD - Passing TD 30 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 1 PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 20 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 60 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 2 points for every 1 ReYd

Recpt - Reception 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 60 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 1 RuYd

I drafted today and my team is:

D Brees

J.P. Losman

A Peterson (CHI)

B Jacobs

M Jones-Drew

B Jackson (GB)

G Jones

M Lynch

M Pittman

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

C Chambers

C Henry

D.J. Hackett

T Williamson

D' Stallworth

L Evans

R McMichael

O Mare

D Raiders

D Broncos

We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR), TE, K, DST.

A few questions:

1. Am I too invested in the Bills' O? Evans definitely shows patches of elite status, but is he too inconsistent? Would starting Lynch and Evans be counterproductive to my team?

2. Is Stallworth falling out of favor with Brady? After the draft, some guys were talking about the fact that Stallworth is running poor routes and that the coaches and Brady are not thinking too highly of him. Since I have Brees, might it be a good idea to explore getting Devery Henderson?

3. Is Pittman's value way down because he'll replace Alstott as a FB?

4. Finally, some general feedback on my draft would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks so much.

You drafted about the same as I would have. I really like taking upside guys with my back ups. Kitna looks to be pretty solid. The only thing that will hurt him is his interceptions. If your league don't take points away for int's then he is gold this year! I like Cutler, but after Javon alot of unproven/new players. Marshall, Scheffler haven't got enough PT and Henry/Graham are new. He'll get it down, but it will be hit or miss with him and his fantasy numbers. In any event great 1-2 for qbs this year.

RB, We've already had the Henry debate. If he stays on field for 16 games then he will post great numbers. Prolly career numbers. I still don't believe in him though, but with your depth.....I would take the chance. Bush is the next great thing for fantasy, can't go wrong. Peterson looks like he's going to be a stud. I love Norwood this year. Dunn is hurt and it looks like it doesn't matter. Bush was great at Louisville and Norwood will assume that role in Petrinos offense.

Again, great studs mixed with great potential! Holt and Evans are solid #1/#2. CJ2 is gonna put up great #3 numbers this year. Hackett and Holmes both are in situations to excell way beyond expectations. I love your wr core!!

Overall you have top tier players at each position coupled with top tier prospects underneath them. You did an excellent job of balancing out your team. The key is winning week by week. You didn't stack one position to be weak at another. You managed to make your weekly starting line up very tough, while drafting great potential bye week fill ins or trade bait.

Great job.....good luck.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

The team would have been able to be even more stacked, if it weren't for the limited roster space.

Oh well... I think it shaped up pretty well, especially drafting so late.

Thanks for the insight in advance. You're right, many folks don't repond in any sort of depth to postings.

Anyhow, my league scoring for offense is as follows:

PaTD - Passing TD 30 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 1 PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 20 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 60 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 2 points for every 1 ReYd

Recpt - Reception 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 60 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 1 RuYd

D Brees

J.P. Losman

A Peterson (CHI)

B Jacobs

M Jones-Drew

B Jackson (GB)

G Jones

M Lynch

M Pittman

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

C Chambers

C Henry

D.J. Hackett

T Williamson

D' Stallworth

L Evans

R McMichael

O Mare

D Raiders

D Broncos

A few questions:

1. Am I too invested in the Bills' O? Evans definitely shows patches of elite status, but is he too inconsistent? Would starting Lynch and Evans be counterproductive to my team?

2. Is Stallworth falling out of favor with Brady? After the draft, some guys were talking about the fact that Stallworth is running poor routes and that the coaches and Brady are not thinking too highly of him. Since I have Brees, might it be a good idea to explore getting Devery Henderson?

Thanks so much.

Who was your 1st round pick? I don't see a 1st round pick...

P Rivers A QB

L Maroney A RB

W Parker A RB

J Galloway A WR

L Coles A WR

L Fitzgerald A WR

D Clark A TE

J Brown A K

D Ravens A DST

M Leinart RS QB

J Norwood RS RB

T Duckett RS RB

B Scaife RS TE

D Cowboys

What's your input on this team?

D Brees

J.P. Losman

A Peterson (CHI)

B Jacobs

M Jones-Drew

B Jackson (GB)

G Jones

M Lynch

M Pittman

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

C Chambers

C Henry

D.J. Hackett

T Williamson

D' Stallworth

L Evans

R McMichael

O Mare

D Raiders

D Broncos

A few questions:

The Bills have a very tough schedule: Pats, Jets, Phins twice, Denver, Pitt, Dall, Balt, Cinci, Jax, Philly.....wow.....TOUGH!! I like Losman, Evans and Lynch, but holy cow do they have a tough schedule!! Evans and Lynch are both good starts in any event.

Stallworth was never in favor with Brady. He's a FA trying to fit in on a stellar team. It's gonna take time for them to get their chemistry down. I would still rather have Henderson over Stallworth. The Pats spread the ball around so much you can't expect alot from Donte on a weekly basis. IF Henderson can hold down the #2 he will be a great guy to have on your bench. Definitly watch the battle for #2 and find out how much Copper/PatteRn/Meacham are going to factor in.

No. People simply think Caddy will bounce back and have a much better year. Pittman's value should be up if anything. Being fullback only means he'll be on the field even more. That's a helk of alot more chances for catches and carries. His value only went up with Alstott out.

I don't know how many teams are in your league and that makes a huge difference! QB you're solid. Brees has two good years under his belt, so he is proven and Losman keeps getting better and better.

RB's you're okay. I'm not a big believer in MJD...he's good, but I don't know if he can duplicate last years performance. Peterson and Jones are desperate fill ins at best. Jackson has a chance to be a steal, but he hasn't shown much thus far and I think Morency will be the workhorse in GB....but Jackson is a good one to hang onto just in case Morency can't do it. Jacobs is solid as is Lynch.

TJ is a consistant guy that will not disappoint this year. Evans should continue to have big years and I think he will be much more consistant this year while still having some huge games. Hackett and Chambers both are in offenses that will give them every opportuntiy to have good years, around 1000 is what I would expect. Very good #3's. Henry is kind of a waste....in fantasy and real life. Williamson has promise, but it's dwindling away. If Rice and Wade start over him I would drop him in a heartbeat!

Both of you D's are pretty good. Denver has some nice match ups to start the season. I'm not high on McMike, the Rams don't use their TE's much.

If it's a fourteen team league then your team is okay. You're lacking the big studs. Every team needs a stud or two to cancel out the other teams studs. Then you let the middle round draftees win the game for you. You have good depth at each spot. I would try and package something together to bring in a top ten rb/wr.

Who was your two picks and was this a keeper league?

Who was your 1st round pick? I don't see a 1st round pick...

This is a 12-team keeper league where each team can keep up to 3 players. Due to this, RBs are important so I kept MJD and Jacobs. I had Tiki last year, who I suppose would have been my #1 keeper. I also had Lamont Jordan last year, yikes! So after my keepers, I drafted Marshawn Lynch, Housh, Evans and Brees in that order in the first 3 rounds. At the point I started drafting, the following RB were taken:

McGahee, Westy, Addai, Bush, Portis, TJones, Steven Jackson, Shaun Alexander, LJ, Henry, LT2, Gore, FWP, Rudi, Edge, MB3, Ronnie Brown, Benson, Maroney

P Rivers A QB

L Maroney A RB

W Parker A RB

J Galloway A WR

L Coles A WR

L Fitzgerald A WR

D Clark A TE

J Brown A K

D Ravens A DST

M Leinart RS QB

J Norwood RS RB

T Duckett RS RB

B Scaife RS TE

D Cowboys

Why do you only have three WRs?

This is a 12-team keeper league where each team can keep up to 3 players. Due to this, RBs are important so I kept MJD and Jacobs. I had Tiki last year, who I suppose would have been my #1 keeper. I also had Lamont Jordan last year, yikes! So after my keepers, I drafted Marshawn Lynch, Housh, Evans and Brees in that order in the first 3 rounds. At the point I started drafting, the following RB were taken:

McGahee, Westy, Addai, Bush, Portis, TJones, Steven Jackson, Shaun Alexander, LJ, Henry, LT2, Gore, FWP, Rudi, Edge, MB3, Ronnie Brown, Benson, Maroney

Considering your recent response, who might you package together and for whom? I am not against trading MJD and a WR with my depth for a more studly RB. For purposes of this situation and so I don't post all other teams, let's assume that any RB or WR is fair game to trade for.

P Rivers A QB

L Maroney A RB

W Parker A RB

J Galloway A WR

L Coles A WR

L Fitzgerald A WR

D Clark A TE

J Brown A K

D Ravens A DST

M Leinart RS QB

J Norwood RS RB

T Duckett RS RB

B Scaife RS TE

D Cowboys

I like Leinart for your starter over Rivers. I'd rather have the guy throwing to Boldin and Fitz over Jackson and ???. Either way they're a comfortable two to have. I really like Maroney/Parker/Norwood...very nice trio. Hopefully Duckett will get some TD's if you need him during a bye week. Nice starting wr's, but why not have one more. Dallas Clark is a good TE and there is no need to have Scaife when you have no wr's on your bench.

I like the team. My dislikes are Duckett and Scaife. I would definitly want another wr on my bench. I also think there are prolly better options on your waiver wire over Duckett.

Your starters are very good, You'll be a good team based on them. However should a wr go down....you'd be in trouble. Go get a wr and see if you can upgrade Duckett on your bench.

Good luck.

Okay....I gotcha. Alot of people were in the same boat that owned Tiki. Either they had Jacobs and are hoping he pans out or they had nothing! Good thing you grabbed Lynch, he may end up being an excellent keeper.

Considering your recent response, who might you package together and for whom? I am not against trading MJD and a WR with my depth for a more studly RB. For purposes of this situation and so I don't post all other teams, let's assume that any RB or WR is fair game to trade for.

Maybe you should package Drew Brees and Brandon Jacobs for a couple of players.

Maybe something along the lines of Brees and Jacobs for Hasselbeck and Travis Henry.

or.. Brees and Jacobs for Hasselbeck and Reggie Bush.

Maybe you could even try to get Adrian Peterson some kind of way. That way you could have Lynch and Peterson to keep for a while..

I'm not sure who would trade what, but just trying to throw some ideas out there.

See who's high on who in your league? Hackett is getting alot of hype right now. Alot of people think MJD is a top ten back. I wouldn't get rid of Housh, I think he is consistant and has not reached his potential.

Send some emails to owners and let them know you're interested in obtaining a top tier rb/wr. See what they send you or what they're willing to part with?

I would send an email to the guy with Caddy and see if he is interested in Pittman and contact the owner of Morency and see what he wants....three way trade maybe. You need to sure up some of your rb spots.

I gotta go to work now, in the mornig I'll check back in and look at the other teams and see if I can see anything that looks like you could get a deal out of.

Thanks for your offer. Perhaps you will have a chance to chuckle here before you offer some advice.

My team is the result of an auction style draft with a $400 (pretend money) salary cap. It is also a keeper league where the first keeper is 50 and the second keeper if 100 if you choose to keep a second. I kept Steven Jackson but let Tom Brady go, thinking I could pick hiom up for less than 100. He went for 101 and I resisted going over that thinking it was too high (QBs never go for that much and only rarely to the RBs). I found myself desperately bidding Drew Brees up to $130 before relinquishing him. I got McNabb for 102. Craziness!

(All Tds count 6, all receptions count 1, there are bonuses for yds/carry, yds/rec, completion %, FG distance, and pts allowed. Must field QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, Def.)

QB - D. McNabb, J. Delhomme

RB - S. Jackson, M. J-D, LenDale Whites and Priest Holmes (stop snickering)

WR- R. Wayne, D. Driver, T. Glenn, J. Galloway

TE - Ben Watson, Desmond Clark

K - J. Scobee, R. Longwell

Def - New England, Green Bay

My main question: Of these undrafted RBs, with whom would you replace Priest Holmes.

Leon Washington - NYJ

Chris Henry - TEN

Tony Hunt - Phi

B. Leonard - STL

Jesse Chatman - Mia

Ahmad Bradshaw - NYG (possible sleeper?)

Kenny Watson - Cin

Buckhalter - Phi

K. Faulk - NE

DeDe Dorsey - Ind (sleeper?)

. . . and a cast of others

Why Priest you may ask? I play with several KC homers, including the LJ owner. I thought he might bite on P Holmes handcuff for baby fit Larry Johnson. We all pray the priest is well. Anyway, he didn't bite. I am tempted to keep him and see what develops over the next couple of weeks but if you or anyone thinks there is a diamond hiding out there please let me know.

Thanks, J-Mo

Just a quick and hopefully simple question. I already have and idea but second opinions are always good.

Just getting your input on keepers. I get 2 and of course give up the round they were picked and FA start giving up at pick 8.

Last years picks and keepers:

Cedric Benson 5

Joey Galloway 6

Deion Branch 7-K (1 more year as a keeper if chosen)

Tom Brady 8-K (1 more year as a keeper if chosen)

Byron Leftwich 9

Tony Gonzalez 10

Jaguars Defense 11

Rex Grossman FA

Chris Henry FA

Kellen Winslow FA

Nate Kaeding FA

Cowboys Defense FA

12 Teams: 1QB, 1RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DST and 1FlexWR/TE/RB

was just offered TO and JJ for ocho and brandon Jackson im thinking i can get more for ocho than JJ and TO? my other wideouts are Fitz and walker

I like Leinart for your starter over Rivers. I'd rather have the guy throwing to Boldin and Fitz over Jackson and ???. Either way they're a comfortable two to have. I really like Maroney/Parker/Norwood...very nice trio. Hopefully Duckett will get some TD's if you need him during a bye week. Nice starting wr's, but why not have one more. Dallas Clark is a good TE and there is no need to have Scaife when you have no wr's on your bench.

I like the team. My dislikes are Duckett and Scaife. I would definitly want another wr on my bench. I also think there are prolly better options on your waiver wire over Duckett.

Your starters are very good, You'll be a good team based on them. However should a wr go down....you'd be in trouble. Go get a wr and see if you can upgrade Duckett on your bench.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it. BTW, I'm gonna take the advice and drop T.J, but who do you think I should add? These guys are the top on the waiver wire so far.

Curry, Ronald WR OAK

Jarrett, Dwayne WR CAR

Crayton, Patrick WR DAL

Furrey, Mike WR DET

Williams, Reggie WR JAC

El, Antwaan Randle WR

Davis, Craig WR SD

Toomer, Amani WR NYG

Henderson, Devery WR

Mason, Derrick WR BAL

Rice, Sidney WR MIN

Curtis, Kevin WR

Jurevicius, Joe WR

Ginn Jr., Ted

Thanks for your offer. Perhaps you will have a chance to chuckle here before you offer some advice.

My team is the result of an auction style draft with a $400 (pretend money) salary cap. It is also a keeper league where the first keeper is 50 and the second keeper if 100 if you choose to keep a second. I kept Steven Jackson but let Tom Brady go, thinking I could pick hiom up for less than 100. He went for 101 and I resisted going over that thinking it was too high (QBs never go for that much and only rarely to the RBs). I found myself desperately bidding Drew Brees up to $130 before relinquishing him. I got McNabb for 102. Craziness!

(All Tds count 6, all receptions count 1, there are bonuses for yds/carry, yds/rec, completion %, FG distance, and pts allowed. Must field QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, Def.)

QB - D. McNabb, J. Delhomme

RB - S. Jackson, M. J-D, LenDale Whites and Priest Holmes (stop snickering)

WR- R. Wayne, D. Driver, T. Glenn, J. Galloway

TE - Ben Watson, Desmond Clark

K - J. Scobee, R. Longwell

Def - New England, Green Bay

My main question: Of these undrafted RBs, with whom would you replace Priest Holmes.

Leon Washington - NYJ

Chris Henry - TEN

Tony Hunt - Phi

B. Leonard - STL

Jesse Chatman - Mia

Ahmad Bradshaw - NYG (possible sleeper?)

Kenny Watson - Cin

Buckhalter - Phi

K. Faulk - NE

DeDe Dorsey - Ind (sleeper?)

. . . and a cast of others

Don't you hate hindsite!! You could have kept Brady for 100 and end up getting McNabb for more....doh!! If McNabb stays healthy he's gonna battle for fantasy MVP, so you didn't do too bad!!

As for who to pick up the safest thing to do is to get Leonard. You have Jackson and most likely Leonard will take over if Jackson gets hurt. As we've seen so many times when the starter goes out the back up usually posts the same numbers, hence the neverending question....is it the player or the system?

Let's rule out:

Tony Hunt, Buckhalter....if Westy goes down it will be some sort of committee to replace him.

Kenny Watson. Rudi is a tank...you can't hurt a tank.

Jesse Chatman has been in the league too long and done nothing, no reason to think he'd have value, even if Brown goes down.

Dede Dorsey has looked bad. I wouldn't be at all surprized if the Colts pick up some vet to fill in as back up (StDavis, Dillon..???)

Bradshaw looked very good the other day, but I would think Droughns would be the replacement if Jacobs goes down.

That leaves: Kevin Faulk, Leon Washington and Chris Henry. You have three ways to go about it.

Henry would be a nice pick up because you have Lendale. It would definitly be a good idea to handcuff those two together. I would rather handcuff him to Chris Brown though.

Washington would be a good one for the fact that he will get touches and prolly get around 30 yards a game. TJones is an all around back and I don't expect him to give way on third downs, goal line carries or anything else. However, Jones is a bit nicked up. It's not serious, but any type of injury raises some eyebrows. What if his strain is more serious that what everyone is being lead to believe?

Faulk is old reliable. Maroney is a much better all around back than Dillon so I don't expect Faulk to have the numbers (which weren't great) but none the less he'll find his way onto the field for 2-4 catches every game. If you need a bye week fill in you know he's gonna play and get opportunities. He has made a fantasy career out of being the bye week fill in.

So, in order, I would pick them up like this.

Brian Leonard

Chris Henry

Leon Washington

Kevin Faulk

Forget Holmes....they won't even let the poor guy practice! I really like having my studs back up.

Great looking team though. The Brady thing didn't work out for you, but it looks like everything else did!

Good job and good luck.

Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it. BTW, I'm gonna take the advice and drop T.J, but who do you think I should add? These guys are the top on the waiver wire so far.

Curry, Ronald WR OAK

Jarrett, Dwayne WR CAR

Crayton, Patrick WR DAL Owens will allow Glenn to catch a pass...that's about it.

Furrey, Mike WR DET

Williams, Reggie WR JAC He's in danger of being cut.

El, Antwaan Randle WR Just not a good option.

Davis, Craig WR SD

Toomer, Amani WR NYG He just turned 50 and he's not 100%

Henderson, Devery WR

Mason, Derrick WR BAL Again, too old.

Rice, Sidney WR MIN

Curtis, Kevin WR

Jurevicius, Joe WR I love Joe, but Cleveland don't know how to put up numbers.

Ginn Jr., Ted

This is easy! Kevin Curtis in a landslide. McNabb loves to chuck the ball and has had good success with guys who I can't even remember. This year he has a great 1-2 punch in Brown and Curtis. I look for Curtis to flourish being out of the shadow of Holt and Bruce. Curtis has all the tools to be a great wr. His only negative is that he's white....lol!

Curry is a great sleeper, too bad nobody can throw the ball in Oakland.

Henderson could come up big, but I think Copper and possibly Meacham will cut into his catches/time.

Davis & Jarrett. Great potential, but not this year.

Ginn....he's a return specialist and has to learn the ropes. Booker and Chambers will be the wr's.

Rice. I love this guy, but we need to see what Minny will do this year. Williamson, Wade and the other have had their chance and done nothing. The #1 spot is his to take!

Furrey was so good last year....unfortunatly not good enough to keep Calvin off the field.

Good luck.

was just offered TO and JJ for ocho and brandon Jackson im thinking i can get more for ocho than JJ and TO? my other wideouts are Fitz and walker

Man, this one is tough! The big thing is going to be what Jackson does week one. It's been announced that he will be the opening day starter. That's by default because Morency has been hurt. I think Morency is a more polished back. However, once the real season starts you never know what rookies will do!?

Julius...same ole, same ole. 1000 yds, no td's.

TO vs Ocho. CJ had such a bad fantasy year last year. Yeah, his numbers look great at the seasons end but they were so misleading! He got about half of his yards in five games. He had five of his seven TD's in two games!!

TO is a complete douche, but he is very good. I don't like his drops or potential to explode/implode at any given moment.

I think you keep what you got. No Henry means more chances at least the first 7 or 8 games. Jackson may end up keeping the starting job, but I don't think he will. Very interesting trade though. CJ and Owens are so close in talent. CJ should get more yards and catches, but Owens will most likely have more TD's. Tough, but I say don't do it.

Just getting your input on keepers. I get 2 and of course give up the round they were picked and FA start giving up at pick 8.

Cedric Benson 5

Joey Galloway 6

Deion Branch 7-K (1 more year as a keeper if chosen)

Tom Brady 8-K (1 more year as a keeper if chosen)

Byron Leftwich 9

Tony Gonzalez 10

Jaguars Defense 11

Rex Grossman FA

Chris Henry FA

Kellen Winslow FA

Nate Kaeding FA

Cowboys Defense FA

12 Teams: 1QB, 1RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DST and 1FlexWR/TE/RB

Keep Brady for sure. I'd gladly give up and 8th for a guy who now has Moss, Welker and Stallworth! You have to keep Benson. I do not like him, but to have a starting RB and lose a 5th rounder is tough to top. I would entertain the idea of keeping Gonzo just because you don't lose a good pick.

Brady and Benson. Anyone else you could prolly draft that same round anyway.

Hey man, im much appreciative for your help already, but if your really bored could you rank the teams in my league real quick and then i could make an article about it.

Rd Team America the shockers Red Stripe Herby Lean like a cHoLo

1 J. Addai M. Booker P. Manning J. Brown D. Akers

2 M. Barber III M. Bradley B. Westbrook J. Campbell D. Branch

3 D. Clark C. Brown C. Portis J. Cutler I. Bruce

4 D. Clark J. Galloway M. Colston V. Davis A. Crumpler

5 M. Clayton A. Gates S. Moss J. Elam D. Foster

6 K. Curtis T. Glenn J. Shockey T. Henry S. Jackson

7 B. Favre A. Green B. Berrian V. Jackson C. Johnson

8 S. Gostkowski T. Housh P. Rivers M. Lynch D. McNabb

9 R. Gould J. Losman Dallas T. Owens H. Miller

10 E. James D. McAllister D. Bennett A. Peterson M. Muhammad

11 E. Kennison R. Moss M. Stover L. Smith B. Roethlisberger

12 J. Kitna M. Pollard M. Turner Stallworth H. Ward

13 J. McCown N. Rackers Seattle Washington C. Williams

14 S. Smith T. Romo B. Scaife Carolina C. Wilson

15 D. Williams L. Tomlinson T. Green Cincinnati Minnesota

16 Baltimore Philadelphia M. Vick San Diego Tampa Bay

Rd Vijay's Skee Hustlers Army Coasties Daddy

1 T. Bell D. Brees M. Bell R. Bush T. Brady

2 C. Benson R. Curry A. Boldin J. Cotchery P. Burress

3 M. Bulger W. Dunn L. Coles N. Davenport J. Garcia

4 C. Chambers C. Johnson S. Graha T. Gonzalez T. Heap

5 D. Driver L. Johnson D. Hend R. Grossman J. Horn

6 A. Gonzalez M. Jones T. Jones M. Harrison B. Jacobs

7 F. Gore A. Lelie D. Mason M. Hassel S. Janikowski

8 D. Graham A. Smith W. McGah S. Holmes D. Jarrett

9 B. Leftwich C. Taylor S. McNair B. Jackson N. Kaeding

10 M. Lewis A. Vinati V. More D. Jackson J. Lewis

11 J. Medlock R. Wayne C. Palmer J. Jurevicius L. Maroney

12 J. Porter L. White B. Quinn O. Mare D. Rhodes

13 A. Randle El T. William F. Taylor W. Parker R. Williams

14 J. Wilkins J. Witten W. Welker T. Scheffler R. Williams

15 Chicago Cleveland K. Wins Green Bay Miami

16 St. Louis Denver Pittsbur New England NYJ

Rd Sweatpants The Midnight Stealth

1 S. Alexander C. Cooley

2 L. Betts R. Droughns

3 R. Brown L. Fitzgerald

4 R. Brown M. Furrey

5 B. Edwards J. Hanson

6 L. Evans A. Johnson

7 T. Holt R. Johnson

8 G. Jennings K. Jones

9 J. Jones M. Jones-Drew

10 L. Jordan M. Leinart

11 J. Kasay J. Norwood

12 E. Manning G. Olsen

13 R. McMichael M. Schaub

14 J. Delhomme J. Walker

15 B. Watson V. Young

16 Buffalo Jacksonville

seriously if you dont want to do it no hard feelings at all. and i really appreciate your help, i pick up delhomme

I assume this was an auction?!

I honestly can't tell who has the best team. This is a damn good league. Usually there is one knucklehead who just sucks, but not here. The best team would only be by ones opinion on what they project. I don't think anyone could say one team is the worst or best....but here is my attempt!

The best: Midnight Stealth, I think he's got the best balance of anyone.

The Worst: Herby....Unproven QB's and weak wr core.

Red Stripe...noway did he draft Michael Vick?!

Red Stripe: Sidenote, I went to Jamacia a couple years ago and that is all they drink! I ordered a Coors Light and I thought I was gonna get shot!!

Very good league!!

awesome thanks, he just did that to be funny at the end of the draft, last night he dropped vick for steve smith. herby had the best draft last year and only lost 2 games including the champ game which he lost to me because LT couldnt get in the endzone week 17. i guess overall the boys did pretty well, this is our second year and were a bunch of 20 year olds but i really like where we are headed

Draft coming up this weekend. We are keeping 2 players and I have the 1st pick in my draft. I have to decide between these players to keep: Westy, Rudi, Maroney and Travis Henry. Im leaning towards Westy and Rudi. And the way it looks I will have these players available with the 1st pick: FWP, Maroney, Henry, Ocho Cinco, Steve Smith, Torry Holt and Reggie Wayne. Im wondering if I should take a stud WR with my first pick then hope a player like A Peterson, Ahman Green or even Caddy be there in the 2nd round or take a RB then pick up the best available WR with my 2nd and 3rd pick. Thanks

This is a cross-post with this: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=280607

I'm in a 10 team league, and I drafted really well last year, so I've got some tough decisions regarding who to keep. In this league you are required to keep 2 players, and for whoever you keep from last year, you give up this year's draft pick for the round that player was drafted in (I think that is standard but not sure).

League scoring is a little screwy, 20 yards per point receiving/rushing, 50 yards/pt for passing, all TDs are 6, 0.5 ppr

This year I will have the 8th pick in the odd number rounds and 3rd pick in even number rounds (standard snake-style draft)

Here are the players I'm considering keeping, and the pick I'd have to give up. Please help me pick two.

1.8 RB, Larry Johnson

3.8 WR, Marvin Harrison --> probably not going to keep him

7.8 WR, TJ Housh

9.8 QB, Marc Bulger

Thanks so much!

Brees, Drew QB NO

McAllister, Deuce RB NO

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD

Branch, Deion WR SEA

Moss, Randy WR NE

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Cooley, Chris TE WAS

Stover, Matt K BAL @C

Jaguars, DST DST JAC

Grossman, Rex QB CHI

Henry, Chris RB TEN

Jackson, Brandon RB GB

Jordan, LaMont RB OAK

Williamson, Troy WR MIN

How does this team look?

Bad WR situation here.

I have some depth at RB though. I have been offered DJax for Duece. First inclination is to say no thanks and roll wishbone with Reggie Brown at WR and keep RB depth. If I pull this trade am I hitting the panic button too quick?

Bad WR situation here.

I have some depth at RB though. I have been offered DJax for Duece. First inclination is to say no thanks and roll wishbone with Reggie Brown at WR and keep RB depth. If I pull this trade am I hitting the panic button too quick?

Well, you're not going to get alot more for Deuce. There is so much hype that surrounds Reggie that people forget that Deuce 1000 yds and 10 TD's last year!

We know Deuce will prolly reproduce what he did last year. DJax is the #1 option on a team that has a huge upside. The two big concerns are DJax injury history. Nothing worse than trading for a player and he's on the IR half the year. We also don't know exactly how effective DJax will be in the Niners system.

Normally I'd say no. However, if you have really good rb depth and very bad wr depth, then this may be a trade you cannot turn down. A great RB on your bench and a lousy WR starting don't make much sense. How does that help you win.

I would like to see your wr's and rb's to be sure of how to answer.