Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9 is back!

I would say you have to take a wide receiver. There are about 20 great wr's, after that, there is a big drop off. You already have three great keepers. You can start all three so you are sitting great there. If your pick comes around and you can grab either Portis or Andre Johnson.....which one is going to help you on a weekly basis? Johnson of course. I know depth is important, but not as important as your weekly starters. We want depth for two reasons: injury back-up or trade for another position that we are weak in. If you draft Portis and he's on your bench while you are starting three ho hum wr's you are going to offer Portis up in a trade to acquire a great wr.....so why waste the time. Take AJ.

I would grab one or two of your keepers back-ups in the later rounds as insurance due to injury. Even if one of your backs go down to injury you don't have to start three, so you are still okay starting two of your keepers. BTW....great Keepers!! One thing though.....I would seriously entertain the idea of trading LT this year or doing something to acquire a young RB with alot of promise (McFadden, Grant, Stewart). LT will be 30 next year and that is usually when RB's hit the wall. If you can squeeze another great year out of him it may be wise to trade him off to ensure yourself of getting a young guy (much like Addai/Barber) that will set you up for years to come!

On a side note I really believe that AJ will be a top three wideout this year. Obviously injuries killed him last year, but when he plays he is right there with Moss and Owens as far as production. He's arguably the most gifted wr in the game. He's a super pick at nine!

Good luck!!

thanks for the response.

obviously taking a RB would be for trade purposes. and id really only consider it if portis or lynch were there.. i would think if AJ was gone but one of these guys were on the board id have to take them. it just represents too much value at my pick

i hear you about LT but hes been a horse and i dont trust grant. havnt seen anything from mcfadden.... im not sure who id consider trading him for.. i think the 2 guys might already be on my team :ninja:

Strategy Question. 10 Teams. 6pt all Tds. Standard yardage scoring.

Which team do you like better?

Team 1

Eli, Garrard

Portis, Lynch, Rudi, Kevin Smith

Burress, Jennings,Holmes, S. Moss

Team 2

Romo

Jacobs, Edge, Selvin, Chris Johnson

R. Moss, Wayne, Evans, Crayton

Cooley

Team 2 and I don't even think it's that close.

Romo over Eil/Garrard in a landslide.

Moss, Wayne is a great 1-2 punch

Both teams are good no question, but Team 2 has big game potential at all spots. Team 1 will prolly be more consistant, but not near the explosiveness.

I got Willis McGahee but not Ray Rice, should I be worried?

According to Harbaugh you have no concerns. He has consistantly said:

"When Willis is healthy and ready to go, he’s our starter, but both those guys will play," Harbaugh said.

Every year there are rookies who come in and light it up in pre-season. It doesn't mean too much. Remember all the hype surrounding Hank Baskett last year. The Eagles had found a great wr finally. He was catching everything is sight and playing great in the preseason. He then proceded to catch 22 balls in the regular season. Chris Henry looked really good for Tenn last year and never got passed Chris Brown or Lendale White.

Rice will get on the field, but not enough to worry McGahee owners. He's definitly great insurance for McGahee, but they won't split carries. Rice will be no more than a change of pace back to give Willis a breather.

what do u think of my team? should i deal colston for lynch or wait and see how it turns out in miami

Garrard

Pennington

Addai

Ronnie Brown

Lendale White

DeAngelo Williams

Chris Perry

Colston

Andre Johnson

Boldin

A Gonalaze

Reggie Brown

If you can get Lynch for Colston absolutely do it! I love Colston. I think he's as solid a wr as you can get this year. However, you have AJ & Boldin, so you are sitting pretty good. Your RB stable is shaky. Ricky is going to get the bulk of the work in Miami. DeAngelo will be behind Stewart. Perry's ypc has looked awful. Lendale has Chris Johnson storming up behind him. Addai is great, but you have to get someone to go with him.

Colston will get thrown to 8-12 times per game, but Lynch will get at least 20 touches a game. Hopefully he gets more involved in the passing game to help out his fantasy value. It would definitly suck to lose Colston, but you get a super young talent in Lynch!

I'd say do it!

Does this trade really help me overall?

6pts for a passing td

Here is what was offered

Brees

Jamal Lewis

Chris Chambers

Jacksonvillie D

for

Brady

Lendale

Joey Galloway

Laveraneus Coles

Minnesota D

My team is currently

Brady, Favre

Lynch, Graham, McFadden, Lendale

Housh, Holmes, Roddy White, Burleson, Galloway, Coles

Heap

Crosdy

Minny D

Is this worth it? I dont think Brady will come near what he does but he will still be solid, however I think Brees will be the #1 QB this year

You take a dropoff in QB and defense. You give up Coles for Chambers....noway. The only advantage you get is Lewis over Lendale and that's not even guaranteed.

This is a bad trade. Brady is better than Brees. Coles/Galloway are way better than Chambers. Vikings are better than Jaguars. Not only do you not make your team better, you make it worse at three positions!

I'm very high on Brees as well. But, you have to consider even if Brady has a 25% drop off he's still throws for 4000 yds and 30+ TD's. I don't see why he would do any worse?! While I have Brees ranked #4 on my boards, I don't think he can put up Brady numbers.

I suggest you tell the guy to take a hike!! You could use an upgrade at WR, but this deal doesn't help at all!

Cuse - Great to hear from you again! I appreciate the insight into FF. Here is my predicament:

Auction draft this weekend in a twelve team league with ppr scoring - I kept four guys from last year with how much they cost me each: Matt Schaub($6) Ryan Grant ($15) Michael Turner ($6) and Brandon Marshall ($15). This leaves me with $158 cap space for 12 more picks. We start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 Def.

I plan on spending the biggest part of my $ on one more stud RB - here is who is available: LT, SJax, Gore, LJ, McGahee, and a few others along the lines of Jamal Lewis, Brandon Jacobs, etc.

I also plan on targeting two particular WR's - Colston and Calvin Johnson.

If I got SJax, Colston and CJohnson for $100 - 120 approx. That would give me 7 guys that I really like this year and 30-50 bucks to fill in the rest of my team.

Would you advise this strategy or go for more overall depth?

Sorry about the rambling, typing as I think.

Hey Cuse, just drafted in a fun league with friends for a couple bucks on the side... How do you think my draft went? I personally think I got a great team, my first couple of picks were kinda shocking I guess that they fell to me as people made some questionable picks, but you never know... btw I picked 4th and AP actually was on the board but I took a chance and went with SJax, dont really trust AP and like the upside of SJax

R1 Steven Jackson RB

R2 Marshawn Lynch RB

R3 Larry Fitz WR

R4 Andre Johnson WR

R5 Thomas Jones RB

R6 Derek Anderson QB not sure about this pick but QBs were going quick...

R7 Jonathan Stewart RB

R8 Jerricho Cotchery WR

R9 Heath Miller TE

R10 Nate Burleson how do you feel about him with Engram out, Hass gots to pass it to someone right??

R11 Seahawks D/ST

R12 Kevin Curtis WR

R13 Chris Brown RB How is Ahman doin? he always seems hurt... whould Chris be starter if Ahman out or Dayne?

R14 Jon Kitna QB

R15 Reggie Williams WR

R16 Phil Dawson K

I feel like I have good depth at every position, esp if Stewart starts off strong and gets the bulk of the carries...

Cuse - Great to hear from you again! I appreciate the insight into FF. Here is my predicament:

Auction draft this weekend in a twelve team league with ppr scoring - I kept four guys from last year with how much they cost me each: Matt Schaub($6) Ryan Grant ($15) Michael Turner ($6) and Brandon Marshall ($15). This leaves me with $158 cap space for 12 more picks. We start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 Def.

I plan on spending the biggest part of my $ on one more stud RB - here is who is available: LT, SJax, Gore, LJ, McGahee, and a few others along the lines of Jamal Lewis, Brandon Jacobs, etc.

I also plan on targeting two particular WR's - Colston and Calvin Johnson.

If I got SJax, Colston and CJohnson for $100 - 120 approx. That would give me 7 guys that I really like this year and 30-50 bucks to fill in the rest of my team.

Would you advise this strategy or go for more overall depth?

Sorry about the rambling, typing as I think.

That seems like a pretty good strategy. It's quality, not quantity in FF. Be very careful of SJax though. He turned down 7 million?! It's not looking like a deal is going to get done before the season starts. I would mainly target Gore. He seems to be slipping in drafts and I'm not real sure why? Hopefully LT, LJ, McGahee get thrown out first and you can save cash for Gore. I figure Colston will go around 28-32. Alot of people are banking on the Saints being fantasy kings this year and I think you'll have to overspend to get Coltson. Calvin 18-24...possibly more since it's a keeper league. Hopefully there are some other bigtime receivers out there that others will go after. I would think high 50's would pull in Gore. You know your league better than me....so I could definitly be off.

Having 30-50 to fill in your other 9 spots should be more than enough. You figure $1 for a K and prolly a wr, so really you'll have 35-50 for seven players and that should be more than enough. Just don't overspend so you have enough cash left for free agents. Great job grabbing Grant for 15.....imagine how much he would go for if he was available in the draft! I would definitly spend the bulk of your money on another quality QB. Schaub is good, but he's injury prone. Don't leave yourself short and end up with Trent Edwards or Brodie Croyle as your back up or you could pay the price down the road!!

Let us know what happens and if/how much you get Colston, CJ2 and your rb for!

Good luck!!

Hey Cuse, just drafted in a fun league with friends for a couple bucks on the side... How do you think my draft went? I personally think I got a great team, my first couple of picks were kinda shocking I guess that they fell to me as people made some questionable picks, but you never know... btw I picked 4th and AP actually was on the board but I took a chance and went with SJax, dont really trust AP and like the upside of SJax

R1 Steven Jackson RB

R2 Marshawn Lynch RB

R3 Larry Fitz WR

R4 Andre Johnson WR

R5 Thomas Jones RB

R6 Derek Anderson QB not sure about this pick but QBs were going quick...

R7 Jonathan Stewart RB

R8 Jerricho Cotchery WR

R9 Heath Miller TE

R10 Nate Burleson how do you feel about him with Engram out, Hass gots to pass it to someone right??

R11 Seahawks D/ST

R12 Kevin Curtis WR

R13 Chris Brown RB How is Ahman doin? he always seems hurt... whould Chris be starter if Ahman out or Dayne?

R14 Jon Kitna QB

R15 Reggie Williams WR

R16 Phil Dawson K

I feel like I have good depth at every position, esp if Stewart starts off strong and gets the bulk of the carries...

Jackson was a very, very risky pick that high for a couple of reasons. He has trouble playing a 16 game season. Two years ago he reigned supreme, but the year before and after he was injured. Then of course there's the fact that he still has not signed or been to training camp. It seems like guys that hold out....especially this long always end up getting hurt and that's especially scary in Jackson's case. Personally I think you should have taken Peterson. I'm drafting 14th this Sunday. If Jackson falls to me I will not take him!

However, I think Thomas Jones is in for alot better season that people think...great pick to pair him up with Lynch if SJax is out. Stewart is the best rookie running back to have this year. Those three are good enough, Jackson simply makes your RB's dominate.

Your wide receivers are very solid. Fitz and AJ are great. I think if AJ can stay healthy he could finish the year ahead of every wr out there.....including Mr. Moss! AJ lit it up last year until he got hurt. Cotch is a solid #3. Curtis is decent and Reggie could turn into a starter if he can get more yards and catches to go with his TD's. Solid group.

Anderson is a great pick. No reason to second guess yourself. The Browns may have the best OLine in the league. He'll have plenty of time to find his weapons through the air. He's a great QB to have (he did get a concussion last night though). Kitna is a respectable back up. I'm not too big on Heath Miller, but Ben seems to like him, especially in the redzone.

Burleson is a great guy to have this year. Even with Engram there is alot of promise surrounding Nate. He simply has to put it all together and he will make a very good #3 for you.

Ahman is in danger of getting released. He's 31 and always hurt. He hasn't even played this preseason. The Texans just signed Marcell Shipp, so that's not a good sign for Marcell, however it could be good news for you. It could ensure Brown makes the roster and possibly gets good playing time. I would definitly keep an eye on that situation. Slaton and Taylor have both looked better than Brown, but word is they want Taylor to be a fullback, so watch the progress of Slaton. It wouldn't surprize me at all if Slaton earns the job. Brown hasn't impressed anyone so far in his career even when handed the job on a silver platter. Watch for better options for sure.

Brown is a minor concern on your team. Everything else looks great. You did a great job getting top notch players at every position. IF Jackson signs and stays healthy you should definitly be the team to beat...at least I would think?!

Great job and good luck.

Ah....finally a day where I have nothing going on!

Questions will be answered fast today.......let me have'em!

Ah....finally a day where I have nothing going on!

Questions will be answered fast today.......let me have'em!

i'm in a 1-point per reception keeper league (6 pt td's for all, keepers as long as you want), and i have overal picks 2, 4, 7, and 11. i kept andre johnson. here's who's available:

QB: Roethlisberger, Derek Anderson, Favre, McNabb, Bulger, Eli Manning, Delhomme, Cutler, Rivers, Schaub, Aaron Rodgers, Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson, Trent Edwards, JaMarcus Russell, Pennington, Garcia, Leinart, Garrard

RB: Jamal Lewis, Willie Parker, Julius Jones, Mcfadden, Lendale White, Thomas Jones, Ronnie Brown, Maroney, Matt Forte, Selvin Young, Kevin Smith, Fred Taylor, Deangelo Williams, Earnest Grahm, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Jonathan Stewart, Mendenhall

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Chad Johnson, Cotchery, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Driver, Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Bernard Berrian, Chris Chambers, Santana Moss, Coles, Kevin Curtis, Lee Evans, Greg Jennings, Isaac Bruce

TE: All except Witten

position format is:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

FLEX

TE

K

DST

what i'm worried about is draft strategy - the 2nd worst team kept no players and has picks 1, 3, 5, 8, and 12 - but he's probably going to take larry fitzgerald with #3 because that was supposed to be his keeper. he knew that i'd be starved for a HB and figured that he'd drop fitz and take him with the #3 pick so he could grab what he thinks will be the best HB available at #1, instead of letting me have the top pick. it's a sound strategy because i pretty much have to go best halfback available with my first two picks.

the pick layout for the first 4 rounds works like this:

team A

me, team A

me, team A, team B

me, team A, team C, team B

me...(starts regular snake draft)

team B kept reggie wayne and torry holt, so he almost has to go HB with his 3rd round pick. team C complicates things because he kept brees, marvin harrison, and willis mcgahee.

i'd say in order of FF competence, i'd rank them: team B > team A > team C

what approach should i take?

We keep 1 player for 1 year then player is back into free agent pool. we lose the draft pick the player was chosen in the previous year's draft. it is a 10 team league with standard scoring...all td's 6 pts...NO PPR

Who is best value to keep?

B. Edwards - lose 6th round

M. Turner - lose 9th round

Do i worry about Edwards stitches? How much stock do i put into Turners pre-season mini-explosion?

TIA

I've got Adrian Peterson, but I wasn't able to get Chester Taylor in the draft. I am trying to trade for him. Is this a good trade for me?:

I get Chester Taylor and Maurice Morris

He gets DeAngelo Williams and Andre Hall.

I've got really good RBs (AP, MBIII, Jamal Lewis, Edge) so none of these players I am trading away or for would start anytime soon unless there are some big injuries. So basically I am debating whether it is worth it to give up Williams and Hall to get a handcuff for AP.

thanks

refering to post #4

You have to go with TO and the third tier QB. IMO the great WR's aren't near as deep as RB or QB this year.

If you draft Owens you can then pair him with a QB that has the potential to put up great numbers. Guys like who you have listed plus Rodgers, Favre, Warner/Leinart can all be had in later rounds and you can get top ten production out of any of them. Carson Palmer is ranked fifth on my board, but I don't think there is a big difference between him and my fifteenth ranked QB which is Aaron Rodgers. Palmer will probably go in rounds 4-5 while you can grab Rodgers, McNabb, Schuab four rounds later and they have a reasonable shot to put just as good of numbers. By taking Owens you assure yourself of a top five wr and you can grab another top twenty wr with one of your top three picks. Quality QB's can be had later.

Bottom line: If you don't have Brady, Peyton, Brees or Romo.....don't reach (or keep) on a QB early. 5-15 are all pretty even. I think you have about 20 wr's that are solid and will put up numbers. If you can keep one and possible draft another you will still get a solid QB. Where as if you keep Palmer you most likely you will be able to grab one top 20 wr in your draft, but certainly not two.

Great league! 16 owners is a challenge. Go with Owens, you'll be happy you did. Post after you draft and let me know how you did....whether you keep Owens or Palmer.

Good Luck!!

so if TO is off the board would you implement the same strategy with Larry Fitzgerald?

thanks

Hi Cuse9 - here's one for you...

ESPN basic points, 12 team league. 6 pts for TD's, point/yd, etc. I'm a hockey guy..so I need help figuring out which 4 to keep of these 7. These are how I've ranked them...but let me know if you would do it different:

1) Marion Barber III - (no brainer)

2) Andre Johnson - (no brainer - lets hope he can stay healthy)

3) Thomas Jones - (no brainer - given my roster)

4) Brett Favre (is the magic still there with a good O-line?)

------------------------------

5) Ronnie Brown - (the dreaded ACL..I could draft Ricky be Ricky as a handcuff...should I keep Ronnie?)

6) Marvin Harrison - (got stuck with him last year...sigh...guess its time to let him go)

7) Marc Bulger - (does he still play?)

Top 3 are set - I'm really only struggling as to whether I should keep Brown over Favre and/or Harrison.

Will Help in Return! Any hockey questions...let me know!

Fedorov in '08!! Ovechkin for Vice!

TnT91

Hello there new forum! I hope you guys can help me make up my mind, and hopefully I can add something to this forum. Anywho I need some help with a keeper league question. I am in a 12 team league that I took 4th in so I have the 8th pick this year. The league scoring gives 6 per td, -2 per turnover, and standard yardage points. I can keep 3 players, at different positions, giving up a pick two rounds ahead of their round drafted last year, they can be kept one more season after this one. We play 1qb, 3rb, 4wr, 1te, d, k my initial choices are in caps

RB

JOE ADDAI (1st)

Brandon Jacobs (3rd)

I am leaning towards Addai because I would be lucky to have him drop to me in the 1st and I could probably get Jacobs in the 3rd if I choose.

WR this is were things get tricky

Calvin Johnson (4th)

BRALYON EDWARDS (6th)

Wes Welker (9th)

I was 100% on Edwards, but I am really having doubts on how good the Browns are going to be this year, and also who knows if Welker can repeat?

That brings us to QB which is another crapshoot

Derek Anderson (9th)

JAY CUTLER (10th)

As you can see I definitely got fat on the Edwards-Anderson connection last year, and I have serious doubts if they can hook up 16 times again. They project about the same this year, but I also like Cutler to have a breakout year and he has a longer leash since there is no one behind him. It is also probably a good thing to rely less on one team doing well. So I am kind of in a pickle. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

We keep 1 player for 1 year then player is back into free agent pool. we lose the draft pick the player was chosen in the previous year's draft. it is a 10 team league with standard scoring...all td's 6 pts...NO PPR

Who is best value to keep?

B. Edwards - lose 6th round

M. Turner - lose 9th round

Do i worry about Edwards stitches? How much stock do i put into Turners pre-season mini-explosion?

TIA

Normally you would keep the RB is that is the everydown back. Obviously Norwood will play, but this job is Turners. However, with a rookie QB, no servicable TE, a bad wr core and a new coaching staff, Turner is a very risky keeper.

With Braylon you get the most promising young wide receiver in this years draft. He's in his fourth year coming off a 16 TD season. The Browns, dare I say, have one of the most explosive offenses in the league. They have got rb's, deep threats, red zone threats, chain movers....everything. This gives Edwards a legit threat to score a TD or two any given game and go for 100 yds. He is the #1 option and go to guy on a team that should put up alot of points. There is nothing not to like about his game.

The concerns are a mild concussion from Anderson and some stitches in BE's foot. DA will be fine and firing rockets by week one. Braylon had no damage to his foot. Nothing broken, nothing torn....simply cut it. It will have absolutely no lingering effects.

You have to keep the top three wr over the rb that will face 8 man fronts every single game. Turner could tear it up but the risk is high and likelyhood is low. Your first round pick and/or keeper should always be a solid player with massive potential. Braylon gives you both.

Good luck.

i'm in a 1-point per reception keeper league (6 pt td's for all, keepers as long as you want), and i have overal picks 2, 4, 7, and 11. i kept andre johnson. here's who's available:

QB: Roethlisberger, Derek Anderson, Favre, McNabb, Bulger, Eli Manning, Delhomme, Cutler, Rivers, Schaub, Aaron Rodgers, Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson, Trent Edwards, JaMarcus Russell, Pennington, Garcia, Leinart, Garrard

RB: Jamal Lewis, Willie Parker, Julius Jones, Mcfadden, Lendale White, Thomas Jones, Ronnie Brown, Maroney, Matt Forte, Selvin Young, Kevin Smith, Fred Taylor, Deangelo Williams, Earnest Grahm, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Jonathan Stewart, Mendenhall

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Chad Johnson, Cotchery, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Driver, Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Bernard Berrian, Chris Chambers, Santana Moss, Coles, Kevin Curtis, Lee Evans, Greg Jennings, Isaac Bruce

TE: All except Witten

position format is:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

FLEX

TE

K

DST

what i'm worried about is draft strategy - the 2nd worst team kept no players and has picks 1, 3, 5, 8, and 12 - but he's probably going to take larry fitzgerald with #3 because that was supposed to be his keeper. he knew that i'd be starved for a HB and figured that he'd drop fitz and take him with the #3 pick so he could grab what he thinks will be the best HB available at #1, instead of letting me have the top pick. it's a sound strategy because i pretty much have to go best halfback available with my first two picks.

the pick layout for the first 4 rounds works like this:

team A

me, team A

me, team A, team B

me, team A, team C, team B

me...(starts regular snake draft)

team B kept reggie wayne and torry holt, so he almost has to go HB with his 3rd round pick. team C complicates things because he kept brees, marvin harrison, and willis mcgahee.

i'd say in order of FF competence, i'd rank them: team B > team A > team C

what approach should i take?

Seems like your hands are tied. With only AJ as your keeper, you almost have to go with a RB your first two picks. I would go with McFadden, Maroney as your 1-2 selections. If you can keep a player as long as you want you'll get two guys that should put up over a 1000 yds for years to come. Kevin Smith is another guy I would try and get. I wouldn't worry too much about a quarterback until you get a couple rb's and wr's. If Fitz would fall to you.....great, but I see what the guy did, and you're right, he'll draft him again. There really isn't any "must have" wr's after that. CJ2 and Holmes are nice, but the rest are good receivers who either don't have a ton of potential or are getting old.

I'd definitly target rb's with your first few picks. Especially McFadden, Maroney and Smith.

Good luck.

I've got Adrian Peterson, but I wasn't able to get Chester Taylor in the draft. I am trying to trade for him. Is this a good trade for me?:

I get Chester Taylor and Maurice Morris

He gets DeAngelo Williams and Andre Hall.

I've got really good RBs (AP, MBIII, Jamal Lewis, Edge) so none of these players I am trading away or for would start anytime soon unless there are some big injuries. So basically I am debating whether it is worth it to give up Williams and Hall to get a handcuff for AP.

thanks

Great trade for you!! You get Taylor paired with Peterson and a possible starter out of Seattle!! You lose a guy who will surely get pushed to the back in Carolina and a Broncos running back. I'm surprized you got a such a good deal! What do you lose? Hall is a third down back for Denver and Williams will give breathers to Stewart. Morris will get quality carries in Seattle IF he isn't named starter. That race isn't over by any means. Taylor would not only be an invaluable back up should Peterson go down to injury, he also gets enough carries that he is better than Hall or Williams anyway.

Make this deal and never look back!!

Good luck.

refering to post #4

so if TO is off the board would you implement the same strategy with Larry Fitzgerald?

thanks

Obviously I don't have Fitz as high, but he is definitly in the top six wr's. The loss or potential loss of Boldin will not affect Fitz in any way. Fitz is a 100-1300-8 guy. I would put Fitz in the Owens mix, but I wouldn't feel quite as good about itl. TO brings alot to the table. You take a drop off in the big play potential with Fitz, but none the less a top wr that will not be easy to get this year.

Hi Cuse9 - here's one for you...

ESPN basic points, 12 team league. 6 pts for TD's, point/yd, etc. I'm a hockey guy..so I need help figuring out which 4 to keep of these 7. These are how I've ranked them...but let me know if you would do it different:

1) Marion Barber III - (no brainer)

2) Andre Johnson - (no brainer - lets hope he can stay healthy)

3) Thomas Jones - (no brainer - given my roster)

4) Brett Favre (is the magic still there with a good O-line?)

------------------------------

5) Ronnie Brown - (the dreaded ACL..I could draft Ricky be Ricky as a handcuff...should I keep Ronnie?)

6) Marvin Harrison - (got stuck with him last year...sigh...guess its time to let him go)

7) Marc Bulger - (does he still play?)

Top 3 are set - I'm really only struggling as to whether I should keep Brown over Favre and/or Harrison.

Will Help in Return! Any hockey questions...let me know!

Fedorov in '08!! Ovechkin for Vice!

TnT91

Your line-up doesn't look bad. There are alot of questions surrounding Favre, but he's a good guy to bet on. Harrison is being drafted late and if he's healthy this year he will post top ten wr numbers. Brown has talent out the ying yang. He will struggle this year due to his knee injury. Bulger is an okay QB. He's lost some critical weapons and these aren't the Rams of five years ago, but he is still decent. I like Favre more than Bulger though. Bulger is the only guy I would think about getting rid of. But, as a back up....I wouldn't mind having Bulger at all.

Team looks fine to me....don't worry about it.

Hockey Question for you: Was the Rob Probert/Ty Domi bouts the best the NHL has ever offered. Probert was a beast!!

Hello there new forum! I hope you guys can help me make up my mind, and hopefully I can add something to this forum. Anywho I need some help with a keeper league question. I am in a 12 team league that I took 4th in so I have the 8th pick this year. The league scoring gives 6 per td, -2 per turnover, and standard yardage points. I can keep 3 players, at different positions, giving up a pick two rounds ahead of their round drafted last year, they can be kept one more season after this one. We play 1qb, 3rb, 4wr, 1te, d, k my initial choices are in caps

RB

JOE ADDAI (1st)

Brandon Jacobs (3rd)

I am leaning towards Addai because I would be lucky to have him drop to me in the 1st and I could probably get Jacobs in the 3rd if I choose.

WR this is were things get tricky

Calvin Johnson (4th)

BRALYON EDWARDS (6th)

Wes Welker (9th)

I was 100% on Edwards, but I am really having doubts on how good the Browns are going to be this year, and also who knows if Welker can repeat?

That brings us to QB which is another crapshoot

Derek Anderson (9th)

JAY CUTLER (10th)

As you can see I definitely got fat on the Edwards-Anderson connection last year, and I have serious doubts if they can hook up 16 times again. They project about the same this year, but I also like Cutler to have a breakout year and he has a longer leash since there is no one behind him. It is also probably a good thing to rely less on one team doing well. So I am kind of in a pickle. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Personally I think it's a no brainer. Anderson, Addai and Edwards. You get a top six QB, RB, WR. Tough to get better than that. Why would you doubt the Browns. They have one of the best OLines in football this year. A very good RB. Weapons out the ying yang for Anderson. This offense should be top notch this year. You could argue they have the second best offense in the league. Cutler is in an offense that doens't put out great fantasy QB's and he'll be without Marshall for three games. Rookie Eddie Royal is slated to be the starter opposite Marshall when he comes back.

As for the being welcomed to the boards. Have fun in here and take everything with a grain of salt. Alot of dilholes in here who just like to sling mud. If you sort through all the crap, which is usually fun, this is the best FF site there is. Just like my thread, all I try and do is give some opinions and throw out some facts to help you see another side of your options. You can agree or disagree, but either way I hope I can bring something to your attention to help your decision making. This is a great site and if you can bring in decent knowledge and get into debates with an open mind and have fun then you will definitly add to the boards in a positive way, which we could always use.

Good luck!!

take a look at the thread i posted "Kitna vs Russell"

i currently have jon kitna as a 3rd qb but i thinking of taking jamarcus of waivers instead. I thinking of just waiting to see how he play for a few weeks of the regular season but i dont know because jamarcus could do really good fantasy wise

Heres my team to help u:

QB1:Brees

WR1:R.Moss

WR2:H.Ward

WR3:Chambers

RB1:Mcgahee

RB2:Lynch

TE:Winslow

BNH:Delhomme,Kitna,Stallworth,Lendale White,F.Taylor,Gaffney

No question. Take Russell. You have Brees who should post massive numbers. Bush, Colston, Shockey, Meacham....Brees is in for a big year!! Kitna is old and don't offer much potential. Russell is smart QB who has some decent options around him. With Walker, Curry and Miller he'll have some legit targets. Fargas and McFadden are capable of big plays as well. If the OLine can find some pride and give Russell time he could turn into a good fantasy starter or at least a guy with good trade value for you down the road.

BTW....I don't go outside of my thread to answer questions. It's easier to do them in them in here. I see you're new here so here is my lesson for you.

To post a question/link into another thread simply do this:

First copy your question address from the address bar on top.

Then inside my thread write your thread topic like this: Kitna vs Russell

Then highlight your topic thread.

Then click on the little box with the green plus (insert link) in it.

Paste your address in the box and wala.....it's easily accessable in my thread: Kitna vs Russell

You will find this is very helpful in your coming years on FFToday. You will use is several times in here and on the main board.

Good luck.

Your line-up doesn't look bad. There are alot of questions surrounding Favre, but he's a good guy to bet on. Harrison is being drafted late and if he's healthy this year he will post top ten wr numbers. Brown has talent out the ying yang. He will struggle this year due to his knee injury. Bulger is an okay QB. He's lost some critical weapons and these aren't the Rams of five years ago, but he is still decent. I like Favre more than Bulger though. Bulger is the only guy I would think about getting rid of. But, as a back up....I wouldn't mind having Bulger at all.

Team looks fine to me....don't worry about it.

Hockey Question for you: Was the Rob Probert/Ty Domi bouts the best the NHL has ever offered. Probert was a beast!!

Thanks for your response Cuse9. I'll keep Barber, Jones, Andre and Favre. I'll see if I can get better at WR through the draft..and possibly pick up Ronnie Brown in a later round (since MIA has already listed Ricky be Ricky as the No. 1).

To your hockey question (god I love hockey questions)..yes..those were the "days" when it comes to hockey. They were always good for a good throwdown. However..with the new NHL..I don't think we'll see much of that anymore. "Goons" like Georges Laraque and Donald Brashear have given way to "goons" like Dion Phaneuf...who's really not a goon..but just lays down some serious hits. But watch out for the "Boogeyman"! Derek Boogard in the AHL (has since moved to the ECHL). The "Boogeyman" is 6'7" and is not happy about it.

He has made it to the show a couple of times...but he's an AHL lifer...he even runs a "fighting camp" in Regina. Thanks again for your response. Go Wings! Go Caps!

UPDATE!!

Any concerns with Steven Jackson not signing are now over. He's still an injury risk (seasons 14, 15, 16, 12 games played last four seasons), but he is in camp and has plenty of time to get into football condition.

Steven Jackson has decided to end his holdout and will report to the Rams on Wednesday evening.

He's scheduled to practice Thursday afternoon. The sides have not agreed on a new contract, but Jackson is confident enough that an agreement will be reached to report. He has 18 days to get up to speed in the offense, which is plenty in our opinion. Jackson's fines for missing camp totaled $408,132, although most if not all of that will likely be waived. He remains our No. 3 back in standard leagues. We have Jackson fourth in PPR settings.

Hey, Cuse9.

I'll try to be concise...but my league is unique in its scoring and drafting.

I'm in a 12-team keeper league with the following scoring format:

PaTD - Passing TD 30 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 1 PaYd

ReTD - Receiving TD 60 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 2 points for every 1 ReYd

Recpt - Reception 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 60 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 1 RuYd

Each team can keep up to 3 with no team allowed to keep more than 2 at a particular position. I kept MJD, Marshawn and Brees. I pick 11th. Keepers were just made public to all owners and many teams kept only one player and will have the opportunity to pick until all teams have 3 players. That's when the whole league starts drafting. So, for a team who kept 1 player, they pick 2 from the non-keeper pool and eventually all teams will have 3. That's when the entire league starts drafting in a serpentine format.

So, with that said, I feel I have to go WR with my first 2 picks. I also hope to snag Witten maybe a round earlier than I should because in this scoring format, I think he can put up WR #s.

Here are the players kept:

QB-Brady, Manning, Brees

WR-Wayne, Andre Johnson, R. Moss, Fitz

RB-Portis, Maroney, LJ, LT2, SJax, ADP, Addai, Lynch, Westy, Grant, R. Bush, MBIII, Gore, McGahee, Turner, MJD

So who do I covet with my first 2 picks? Should I go 2 WR? In my mind, players in the Santonio Holmes and Cotchery tiers will be available. Another thing to consider is that players who run back kicks get 1 point per return yard. So, players like Nate Burleson, Cribbs, Hester, Ginn, Ahmad Bradshaw may put up consistently good numbers and be had later.

All in all, I'm looking for a solid draft strategy considering these factors.

Thanks so much!

Hey, Cuse9.

I'll try to be concise...but my league is unique in its scoring and drafting.

I'm in a 12-team keeper league with the following scoring format:

PaTD - Passing TD 30 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 1 PaYd

ReTD - Receiving TD 60 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 2 points for every 1 ReYd

Recpt - Reception 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 60 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 1 RuYd

Each team can keep up to 3 with no team allowed to keep more than 2 at a particular position. I kept MJD, Marshawn and Brees. I pick 11th. Keepers were just made public to all owners and many teams kept only one player and will have the opportunity to pick until all teams have 3 players. That's when the whole league starts drafting. So, for a team who kept 1 player, they pick 2 from the non-keeper pool and eventually all teams will have 3. That's when the entire league starts drafting in a serpentine format.

So, with that said, I feel I have to go WR with my first 2 picks. I also hope to snag Witten maybe a round earlier than I should because in this scoring format, I think he can put up WR #s.

Here are the players kept:

QB-Brady, Manning, Brees

WR-Wayne, Andre Johnson, R. Moss, Fitz

RB-Portis, Maroney, LJ, LT2, SJax, ADP, Addai, Lynch, Westy, Grant, R. Bush, MBIII, Gore, McGahee, Turner, MJD

So who do I covet with my first 2 picks? Should I go 2 WR? In my mind, players in the Santonio Holmes and Cotchery tiers will be available. Another thing to consider is that players who run back kicks get 1 point per return yard. So, players like Nate Burleson, Cribbs, Hester, Ginn, Ahmad Bradshaw may put up consistently good numbers and be had later.

All in all, I'm looking for a solid draft strategy considering these factors.

Thanks so much!

First, I like the scoring. I'm in a league like that. 80 pts for a TD plus the yards. -40 for an int and so on. It's cool because it's different.

Second, very good keepers. I love Brees this year. Lynch and MJD are too pretty solid RB's. I don't like the limited potential of MJD, but none the less he's a solid player.

I 100% agree with you going after two WR's with your first two picks. However, with your second pick don't be afraid to take Witten. The reason I say this is because I think the wr position this year is very weak. I wouldn't take a wr with your second pick that isn't a solid pick when you can get Witten, Gates, Winslow with that pick.

If you have the 11th pick in the first round it's basically like having the 11 pick of the fourth round. I would think Holmes, Jennings, Bowe and possibly some bigger names like Burress, Boldin will fall to you. With your second though, Witten is a great choice if you have to pick between any of those guys and Witten remember this: Witten put up better numbers than most of them last year. The Cowboys plan to use him at wideout even more this year so don't look for his production to go down at all! If you don't take Witten with your second pick you surely won't get him with your third round pick. You can get a wr in round three that isn't much different than the quality you'll get in round two, so take the TE because the depth drops dramatically after the top TE's are gone!!

Good luck!

what up cuse

need to know what I should be thinking with pick 9 in a 12 team league

Standard scoring accept .5 ppr

6Pts for all TDs

I am thinking Portis if available. Second Lynch. Third Moss. Fourth Gore. Do you agree with my logic?

For round two I am thinking of going WR with Fitz.

Any suggestions on WR2's and RB2's to target in round three and 4?

Thanks for your help. You helped me out a bit last year and gave sound advice. :cheers:

:dunno:

what up cuse

need to know what I should be thinking with pick 9 in a 12 team league

Standard scoring accept .5 ppr

6Pts for all TDs

I am thinking Portis if available. Second Lynch. Third Moss. Fourth Gore. Do you agree with my logic?

For round two I am thinking of going WR with Fitz.

Any suggestions on WR2's and RB2's to target in round three and 4?

Thanks for your help. You helped me out a bit last year and gave sound advice. :headbanger:

:shocking:

I have a draft this weekend and I have Portis projected to go ninth. The nine spot is a great spot to be in this year. You will have a ton of talent to choose from at the nine spot and with your second pick at sixteen.

Picking from this spot really depends on what type of risks you want to take. Portis is solid. He'll go for 1300+ and get you about ten TD's. He's a great pick that you know you will be able to depend on week in and week out. Others guy such as Barber, Lynch, LJ, Grant could/should be there, but carry a much bigger risk/reward scenerio.

I think you have two great options if you want to go rb/wr. I would take Portis with the ninth pick and hope Reggie Wayne was there in the second. I like Fitz, AJ and others, but none of them offere the security of Wayne. Wayne is the #1 option for Peyton Manning. Both are always healthy and put up great numbers year after year. Fitz has Leinart, an angry Boldin and an aging rb and he seems to get nicked up every year. Don't get me wrong, I really like Fitz, but we have to nitpick when it comes down to choosing stud wr's. There are not alot this year and when pickikng them we need to weigh out every detail. I like Portis and Wayne with your 1-2

Second scenerio is taking Randy Moss with the #1. Moss will prolly put up more points than Portis, Lynch or anyone else you can get at #9. The question is who will be there with your second round pick? Honestly this comes to "how well do you know your league". If you think you can get Grant, Lynch, MJD or possibly LJ in the second then I would take Moss in the first. Just like Portis, he's a solid bet to put up great numbers. The thing is with Moss he has much bigger game potential over Portis. If the strategy is going wr/rb or rb/wr with your first two picks, then why not grab the greatest wr in the game?!

I do like the strategy, but make no mistake in rounds 3-4-5 you will have to do your homework on the lower tiered rb's. When you have to decide between Turner, Young, White, Graham, McFadden, K. Smith, Forte and a few others you'll really need to know who you want to take. No matter how you go this year the top notch talent falls quick! So, I would use your strategy and go rb/wr, but be sure you know the potential ups and downs of the rb's ranked 15-25. Your first two picks will be pretty easy, but your third and fourth rounders will be much harder choices.

Good luck

Auction draft this Saturday. It is a partial keeper league, so not everyone is available. I am looking for some guys that I can get cheap, but yet get pretty good value out of.

For instance, last year someone suggested on here I get Matt Schaub, I got him for a buck and he was certainly worth that!

One guy I hope to get cheap this year is Robert Meachem - WR for the Saints - I like the offence he plays in and I like his upside.

Help me out and give me (and others) some names!

Thanks!

Auction draft this Saturday. It is a partial keeper league, so not everyone is available. I am looking for some guys that I can get cheap, but yet get pretty good value out of.

For instance, last year someone suggested on here I get Matt Schaub, I got him for a buck and he was certainly worth that!

One guy I hope to get cheap this year is Robert Meachem - WR for the Saints - I like the offence he plays in and I like his upside.

Help me out and give me (and others) some names!

Thanks!

Guys I would target to get cheap:

QB:

JT O'Sullivan. He's starting in SF and has alot of decent weapons around him. Gore, Bruce, Br. Johnson, Morgan, Davis. If his OLine can give him protection and he can run Martz offense he could become a decent option at QB in case of injury or bye weeks.

RB:

Steve Slaton. Sitting behind Ahman, Chris Brown and Chris Taylor, Slaton's outlook didn't look good. However, with Ahman being hurt, Taylor seeing alot of time at FB and Chris Brown....well....being Chris Brown, the door has swung open for Slaton. I don't think he'll become the primary back, but I think he will fill a Bush/MJD type role. He's easily the teams quickest back and has alot more potential than any of them.

WR:

Sidney Rice. He's got great size & speed. He's a decent route runner and has great hands. With Berrian there he'll stretch the defense to allow Rice to move the chains and eat up chunks of yards at a time. Obviously Tavarious has to step up, but Rice has bigtime wr written all over him and he can be had cheap.

**I agree with Meacham. He's a guy you can probably get for $1 late in the draft. The problem with Meacham is he seems to be a Kevin Curtis type guy. He's a big, big play waiting to happen and that don't happen very often. If you get him and have to start him he's gonna be boom or bust in your starting line-up. If he can evolve into a better possession guy then his stock goes way up. None the less, a great cheap pick up.

Good luck!!

Who should I keep. I play in a 8 team league and can keep 2 players.

Tom Brady

Randy Moss

Jospeh Addai

or Steven Jackson

Thanks

Need help with the Chris's....

Chris Henry - just signed - pick up or leave alone?

Chris Perry - is Rudi Johnson's time up, and Chris Perry's time to shine?

(both would be backups on my team)

THANKS!

Who should I keep. I play in a 8 team league and can keep 2 players.

Tom Brady

Randy Moss

Jospeh Addai

or Steven Jackson

Thanks

WOW, great keeper list.

You have to go with Brady and Moss. Being it's only 8 teams you can still pick up two very good running backs with your first two picks. Addai will lose carries to Rhodes, Jackson seems to get hurt alot. Brady and Moss, seriously, have not a single negative! The points they can get you week in and week out are rediculous!! It's tough to let Addai and Jackson go, but having Brady and Moss gives you the #1 QB and WR and that's a pretty good deal.

Need help with the Chris's....

Chris Henry - just signed - pick up or leave alone?

Chris Perry - is Rudi Johnson's time up, and Chris Perry's time to shine?

(both would be backups on my team)

THANKS!

Chris Perry no question!

He's been named the starter and he has all the tools to be a very effective fantasy back. Great hands, speed, elusive. The only thing he hasn't been able to elude is injury. While his injury risk is high so is his potential this year. Henry is a third wr, that's no comparison to a starting rb. Besides, Henry is very inconsistant.

I'd take Perry any day of the week on this one.

12 team league we play QB, WR, WR,WR, RB, RB, W/R, W/T, K, DEF plus 3 Bench players.

QB Ben Roethlisberger

WR Terrell Owens

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

WR Jerricho Cotchery

RB Frank Gore

RB Selvin Young

TE Jason Witten

W/T Zach Miller

W/R Rashard Mendenhall

K Stephen Gostkowski

DEF Minnesota

BN Sidney Rice

BN Bobby Engram

BN Eli Manning

Would you make any moves? I've noticed a bunch of people picking up Chris Henry and DeSean Jackson. Should I pick either one of those guys up? If so who should I drop? Hester and Olsen are also available. I appreciate your help.

I need to start 2 out of these 5 wideouts:

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Dwayne Bowe

Jerricho Cotchery

Reggie Williams

Obviously Marshall is out for the first few weeks and Andre Johnson is one of the two starters for me. But, I am really liking Calvin Johnson this year and I was thinking about trading for him. Taking into consideration this receiving corps, would that be a good idea? I am a little worried about the injuries for Johnson and Marshall (and Marshall's suspension), that is why I brought up trading for CJ, your help is appreciated.