Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Todd Gurely

Being an UGA fan, I knew Gurley was something special, and that's not me just being a homer. He was just naturally better than everyone around him... one of those that you can't wait to see what he does the next time he touches the ball.

I still don't know exactly what happened with the Rams last year, but, Sean Mcvay appears to have changed the culture in LA in a very short amount of time. The Rams and Gurley are killing it!

i only played in 2 redrafts this year- ffpc with the 4th pick, and a league on this bored.

for ffpc, you can draft and play the players who played the thurs game (elevated kkc, nep dropped). with the 4th pick i wanted hunt, then was contemplating zeke, brown, mccoy, freeman. went with brown in the first due to zeke suspension and high upside from brown. after drafting gurely in the 1st the year before, did not want to take him as my #1 back (would have been ok with him as my rb2). had the 2.09. gurely went 2.08. wanted rb and ajayi was available. ended up with fournette in the 3rd. it was a bizarre draft. many players i was targeting went quite a bit early.

Gurley is a different player this year than he was in the last 2. It's undeniable, he stunk the last 2 years because of everything I said. He couldn't break tackles, he didn't hit holes, and he didn't out run anyone. He was a below average RB. That is a FACT! This year, he's breaking tackles, hitting holes, and is out running people. Is that talent? Coaching? Teammates? Or him just being more healthy, now 3 years removed from an ACL surgery? I don't know. I don't really care either. Points are points. Next year, I would consider him in the first round, but that doesn't mean I'm going back on what I said in August. For this current season, he was coming off 2 years were he was a mediocre to below average RB. I'm not taking that guy in the 2nd round.

Recency bias at it's best! You were still dead wrong!! I recognize now that you're not mature enough to admit it. That's ok.

Recency bias at it's best! You were still dead wrong!! I recognize now that you're not mature enough to admit it. That's ok.

I wasn't wrong... I was telling what I thought of him coming off of 2 years where he wasn't very good. The analysis that came from the data available is what determined the opinion. What he did this year does not change the past. If he rushed for 200 yards and 3 TD's every game this year doesn't change the FACT, that he was a middling player for 2 years. What this year's performance does is change the data going forward. If you want to call it "recency bias", then that's fine, but that's how the world runs. Meaning, when the data/information changes, so do decisions. The data/information on Gurley changes NEXT year, it doesn't change LAST year.

The players I was WRONG on, were Winston and Evans. I said that both would be Top 3 to 5 in their positions when there wasn't enough information to support that.

I wasn't wrong... I was telling what I thought of him coming off of 2 years where he wasn't very good. The analysis that came from the data available is what determined the opinion. What he did this year does not change the past. If he rushed for 200 yards and 3 TD's every game this year doesn't change the FACT, that he was a middling player for 2 years. What this year's performance does is change the data going forward. If you want to call it "recency bias", then that's fine, but that's how the world runs. Meaning, when the data/information changes, so do decisions. The data/information on Gurley changes NEXT year, it doesn't change LAST year.

The players I was WRONG on, were Winston and Evans. I said that both would be Top 3 to 5 in their positions when there wasn't enough information to support that.

People win at this by using analysis to predict future performance. It's why free agency and players changing teams matters. When D Murray first joined the Titans did you have him ranked #50? If you did, then that was wrong or at least terrible analysis and ranking. Coaching changes matter. Upgrades to the offensive line matter. You should be trying to determine what is going to happen for the upcoming year, not what happened the last 2.

People win at this by using analysis to predict future performance. It's why free agency and players changing teams matters. When D Murray first joined the Titans did you have him ranked #50? If you did, then that was wrong or at least terrible analysis and ranking. Coaching changes matter. Upgrades to the offensive line matter. You should be trying to determine what is going to happen for the upcoming year, not what happened the last 2.

The best predictor of the future... is the past. In Gurley's case, there was a coaching change, but that doesn't affect how he personally performs as himself. Meaning, as I've said many times, a new coach doesn't help you break tackles - you have to do that yourself on the field. A new coach doesn't help you out run people - you have to do that yourself on the field. A new coach could help you hit holes, but that never was a problem for him until AFTER his ACL surgery, so I believe that was in his head. Personally, I believe the biggest reason for Gurley's improvement is Gurley's head. He ran this year like he did in college, which is completely different than the last 2 seasons. I think he's more comfortable with his knee and more mentally healthy concerning it. One thing I've heard many surgeons say is that your biggest obstacle in recovery is your brain. His brain was slowing him down. It didn't this year. If you were able to get into his head and predict that, then how come you can't predict the lottery? Or the perfect roster every year? Because I'm guessing it would take that kind of clairvoyance to know such things.

What do you all expect from Gurley this week?

Seems to me he has a good matchup.

What do you all expect from Gurley this week?

Seems to me he has a good matchup.

He'll probably do fine, normal, but I wouldn't exactly call playing the 6th best team vs RB (fantasy points-wise), a "good matchup".

He'll probably do fine, normal, but I wouldn't exactly call playing the 6th best team vs RB (fantasy points-wise), a "good matchup".

Seems I underestimated the Titans...

Titans are a pass funnel defense. Gurley would still be a good candidate to get you 20 ff points in this game, but he'll do more damage in the passing game than rushing. Good game to stack Goff, Woods and Gurley.

I haven't been on here in a long time but this thread popped up in my head just the other day. Boy, somebody was WAY off on his thoughts about Gurley. It's nice to see a coach that can use his talents the right way.

The best predictor of the future... is the past. In Gurley's case, there was a coaching change, but that doesn't affect how he personally performs as himself. Meaning, as I've said many times, a new coach doesn't help you break tackles - you have to do that yourself on the field. A new coach doesn't help you out run people - you have to do that yourself on the field. A new coach could help you hit holes, but that never was a problem for him until AFTER his ACL surgery, so I believe that was in his head. Personally, I believe the biggest reason for Gurley's improvement is Gurley's head. He ran this year like he did in college, which is completely different than the last 2 seasons. I think he's more comfortable with his knee and more mentally healthy concerning it. One thing I've heard many surgeons say is that your biggest obstacle in recovery is your brain. His brain was slowing him down. It didn't this year. If you were able to get into his head and predict that, then how come you can't predict the lottery? Or the perfect roster every year? Because I'm guessing it would take that kind of clairvoyance to know such things.

Except that I told you Coach Sean McVay turned Fat Rob into a 1k back. That's basically a guy with 3rd string talent (see this year stats) putting up RB1 numbers. You said that didn't matter. You were wrong and can't admit it. That's fine. Everyone on the board can see the arguments that you have made here against him and ones that I made for him and see who was dead wrong. lol lol

Except that I told you Coach Sean McVay turned Fat Rob into a 1k back. That's basically a guy with 3rd string talent (see this year stats) putting up RB1 numbers. You said that didn't matter. You were wrong and can't admit it. That's fine. Everyone on the board can see the arguments that you have made here against him and ones that I made for him and see who was dead wrong. lol lol

Somewhere in Dallas, Alfred Morris (who ran for 2900 yards and 20 TD's the two years prior to McVay being was Washington and then 1800 yards and 9 TD's in the two years with McVay), is laughing at your blind faith in McVay... especially when your argument of a 1k rusher falls apart when you see that Kelley only rushed for 700 yards.

Somewhere in Dallas, Alfred Morris (who ran for 2900 yards and 20 TD's the two years prior to McVay being was Washington and then 1800 yards and 9 TD's in the two years with McVay), is laughing at your blind faith in McVay... especially when your argument of a 1k rusher falls apart when you see that Kelley only rushed for 700 yards.

Youre assessment of Gurley was wrong. Its that simple.

Youre assessment of Gurley was wrong. Its that simple.

How so? I said that in his previous two seasons he wasn't all that good. That he wasn't breaking tackles, hitting holes, and running away from people. That WAS my assessment... and it WAS right. I said, based on that information - which again, was RIGHT, I wasn't taking him in the 2nd round.

What he did this year and what he did the last two seasons were not at all the same. Going into next season, the information changed, and so will my opinion. Had the information not changed and he wasn't all that good again, my opinion would not have changed.

He had over 1000 yards in his rookie season plus 10 rushing tds and avg more yards per rush then he's done this season.

I don't see two bad seasons before this season.

I see one.

Based in on that many where calling him a rb1, many others where saying he's over rated.

Happy New Year.

Revelation 20:4