Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Opinion: Should it be illegal to be a stay at home mom?

none of anybody's business

The article specifically mentioned mothers of school aged children. Obviously it shouldn't be illegal for them to stay home. It does raise the question though:

What the hell does a stay-at-home mom do all day if her kids are in school?

The article specifically mentioned mothers of school aged children. Obviously it shouldn't be illegal for them to stay home. It does raise the question though:

They eat bon bons and fock killroy.

Just more drivel from the regressive left. I would like to see more families return to traditional values and have the women stay home.

• Like 1

Although toooooo be honest. I have not focked a single married woman...Since I have been single...This time. Not one. And that used to be my go to back in the day.

That's what you consider a great article?.... :lol: :lol:

In the article, the author even states that feminists can't gain the control over women that they want to. I am actually surprised the article didn't come from yahoo. It was pretty poorly written and about something that will never actually happen. Not saying it shouldn't be explored, but to even try to act like this movement has any traction is absurd :lol:

Although toooooo be honest. I have not focked a single married woman...Since I have been single...This time. Not one. And that used to be my go to back in the day.

Married AND single ??? That's a good gig.

:bench:

:lol:

They eat bon bons and fock killroy.

I'm killroy, killroy, killroy, killroy.

Just more drivel from the regressive left. I would like to see more families return to traditional values and have the women stay home.

:first:

Married AND single ??? That's a good gig.

:bench:

:lol:

you would be surprised how some of these people describe their relationship on.....Some of these sites.

Interesting article.

If I was hard pressed I can see their point that it doesn't help the women's movement to have wimmen stay home regardless of how valuable that is in many instances. But illegal? No.

Not sure how you FORCE someone to work at a job job.

Nothing new or groundbreaking here. Figuring out how to care for children is a major issue that families have to deal with and we all have to find a way. There's a variety of ways to do it. By choice or circumstance, single motherhood seems to be the most difficult, most stressful, and the least successful method but who am I to criticize?

My wife was a real estate executive with a prestigious job, who gave it up to raise kids. We live with my MiL there's another adult (then my BiL too, he's a burn victim who got dumped by his wife and moved in with us ... that's another story). Anyway, I hope that we'd be judged based on how successfully we're raising our kids rather than how much money we could be making if my wife had never given up her job. There's a lot of screaming and aggravation at homework time, focking Chinese school system, but otherwise a pretty happy family that's turning out be be just what I wanted/ hoped for.

Let people make their own choices in life. SAHM get good results, I'm happy with mine.

• Like 1

More parents should stay home and raise their kids. I don't care if it's mom or dad, every family dynamic is different but at least one of you should stay home with them.

If you can't afford to do that, you prolly shouldn't be having kids imo. :dunno:

More parents should stay home and raise their kids. I don't care if it's mom or dad, every family dynamic is different but at least one of you should stay home with them.

If you can't afford to do that, you prolly shouldn't be having kids imo. :dunno:

We'll be in the minority but...... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Harder to raise kids than have a career. Which is maybe the point in a circuitous way.

Bugs me when people demean the value of raising kids. Bet those people don't have the chops to do it. It's ten times harder to be a stay at home Mom than having a 9-5 job. It's more equitable to being an entrepreneur and starting/growing a business

Harder to raise kids than have a career. Which is maybe the point in a circuitous way.

Bugs me when people demean the value of raising kids. Bet those people don't have the chops to do it. It's ten times harder to be a stay at home Mom than having a 9-5 job. It's more equitable to being an entrepreneur and starting/growing a business

No question. It would be far easier for me to go back to work than stay home. Not going to pull the schoolteacher poor me bit...ill just say alot of long days.

Agreed...its great for the kids early on...and damn it makes things easier now that they are in a crap ton of activities.

Agreed...its great for the kids early on...and damn it makes things easier now that they are in a crap ton of activities.

I'll break your balls for a lot of sh!t man but not for being a dad to your kids. Good for you, and them, for spending this time with them while you can. Make the best of it! :cheers:

I'll break your balls for a lot of sh!t man but not for being a dad to your kids. Good for you, and them, for spending this time with them while you can. Make the best of it! :cheers:

It's more like chauffeur these days. Get some stuff and work done til it's time to drive somewhere else.

Lots of homework gets done in the car waiting for the other one to be done with an activity.

It's more like chauffeur these days. Get some stuff and work done til it's time to drive somewhere else.

Lots of homework gets done in the car waiting for the other one to be done with an activity.

That's important though. Its still quality time with your kids that they could spend doing less constructive things if you weren't involved.

Totally dumb. My wife stayed home for about 12 years. Made our lives easier and it shouldn't be all about money. Our kids have 2 parents who are involved in the lives and upbringing.

Bass Ackards thinking. With more people in the world + more technology / innovation = less jobs.

A stay at home parent whom doesn't rely on "help" is ideal in the future.

Should be illegal to abort a baby. That's murder, f'n baby killing b!tch.

Easy to preach when you aren't the one who is pregnant. Amazing how people love to rage against welfare parents, but when they want to abort the pregnancy in early stages, they then rage against that too. Aborting a rape pregnancy should always be allowed.

Easy to preach when you aren't the one who is pregnant. Amazing how people love to rage against welfare parents, but when they want to abort the pregnancy in early stages, they then rage against that too. Aborting a rape pregnancy should always be allowed.

Then you really might know what it's like.

I didn't know you had a uterus. I didn't say anything about persons on welfare. Also, parents by definition means they had the baby. Dumbass.

What a retarded equivalency the left has endorsed, this whole "you don't care about them after they are born". No, just asking people to be responsible before, during and after. If you can't, use birth control. That's so much to ask?

Take them to school, clean the house, grocery shop, take to doctors and dentist appointments, pick up from school , take kids to after school activities/sports, help with homework, mentor/mother. You know...raise YOUR children.

Novel idea. Just crazy talk.

message boards

Take them to school, clean the house, grocery shop, take to doctors and dentist appointments, pick up from school , take kids to after school activities/sports, help with homework, mentor/mother. You know...raise YOUR children.

Novel idea. Just crazy talk.

A lot of that is done after school. The only things done during school hours that you mentioned are cleaning and grocery shopping. That leaves a lot of idle time.

What a retarded equivalency the left has endorsed, this whole "you don't care about them after they are born". No, just asking people to be responsible before, during and after. If you can't, use birth control. That's so much to ask?

This is your best attempt at trolling here? That's why you aren't RP, because RP would have come up with a much better response.

So abortion is still legal... you lose.

I don't get this idea at all. Who cares if a mother stays home during the day while the kids are at school?

If she spends her day shopping and going to yoga class, I say good for the husband.

I didn't know you had a uterus. I didn't say anything about persons on welfare. Also, parents by definition means they had the baby. Dumbass.

I used a general term for the person who is pregnant, so that makes me a dumbass? Ahh forget it. You are too easy. Go on and call me names if it makes you feel better. You need it more than me.

This is your best attempt at trolling here? That's why you aren't RP, because RP would have come up with a much better response.

Liberals believe that inner city animals are incapable of sexual control, so free birth control and abortions for everyone$#@!

• Like 1

Man, he did a number on a bunch of you soft as charmin twats. Get over him, he can't hurt you anymore.

Liberals believe that inner city animals are incapable of sexual control, so free birth control and abortions for everyone$#@!

So you feel ok calling them inner city animals, yet you still want to make sure they don't have an abortion... I mean, you don't see the contradiction there? Odd.

Man, he did a number on a bunch of you soft as charmin twats. Get over him, he can't hurt you anymore.

I actually would be interested to find out why you became so sensitive. What's it like not being able to control your emotions? Do you start crying at the drop of a hat? It must suck. I kind of feel bad for being hard on you...