Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

That was a great game last night but, damn, they have to figure out how to play a game in less than 5 hours. Between the replays, mound visits and all of the normal BS, it made a pretty exciting, back-and-forth game tedious.

I went to bed at 8:30, woke up at 4:30 and watched it without commercials and mound visits

I went to bed at 8:30, woke up at 4:30 and watched it without commercials and mound visits

I passed out at 12:00, got caught up at 1:00, passed out again and then woke up at 2:00 to review the final inning.

Sox were up by 1 run in like the 6th inning and I was thinking to myself, "Fock it, I am going to bed". Not sure whether that says something about me being old or the game being too focking long. :o

Smoke and mirrors

They have done that through 108 wins in the regular season and are a game away from the World Series. Maybe teams just aren't as complete as they used to be. The Sox bullpen is atrocious, but their 2 out RBI's have masked it.

Boston has an extremely adequate bullpen and starting pitching to win it all. Hell, I think they were top 10 in total team ERA for the regular season. You couple that with a top 3???? offense and that equals a front runner for a WS winning team. Obviously.

Boston had to go through the Yanks and Astros, two teams that can make any teams pitching staff look bad in any given series. They are an extremely well balanced team. Far from a "smoke and mirrors" team.

And I strongly dislike the Red Sox

ETA: Machado fined 10 grand. Chump change.

So, where are all the stat nerds that say defense isn't a big deal? Last nights 8th and 9th inning say differently.

So, where are all the stat nerds that say defense isn't a big deal? Last nights 8th and 9th inning say differently.

I think the stat nerds say the opposite :dunno:. That's why the WAR and DRS/UZR stats are so widely used.

Shocked Cora put Byung-Hyun Kimbrel in to close it out.

Cora can do no wrong right now

One weakness (they have very few) the Red Sox have, believe it or not, is hitting left handed pitchers. They ranked in the bottom third of MLB against lefties.

The Dodgers have 4 very good to great left handed starters. I believe one, maybe two, have been moved to the bullpen. Plus, the Dodgers can hit. It should be a good WS.