Sign in to follow this  
NAn

*** LEAGUE RULES ***

VOTING RESULTS FOR KEEPER RULES

1.ZERO minimum/UNLIMITED maximum keepers

much to walt’s chagrine.

still looking over rosters it looks like just about everyone will be keeping someone(which is how i saw it playing out anyway)...i know i’ll be keeping AT LEAST fargas next year.

and of course all these rules can be revisited next offseason if we feel the need.

2.CAN trade for future draft picks, but ONLY for NEXT year

my concern was how convoluted this can become...limiting to only next year is a good compromise.

3.regardless of trade/s, players will be held to ORIGINAL draft position

this one was a no-brainer(all yes votes) but glad we addressed it before became an issue.

(yahoo registration/log-in information at bottom of rules if anyone ever needs them)

Keeper Rules

Keeper values will be determined by the draft spot that a player was chosen. A player can be kept for the following season by giving up a draft pick for the following year (-3 rounds from where the player was selected).

Example: You draft a good player in round 7. In order to keep this player the following year, you would have to give up your 4th round selection. To keep a player that you picked up in round 10, you would give up your 7th round pick the next year.

The same players can be kept the following year by giving up the new draft pick spot - 3 rounds. So, the 2 players above would cost a 1st round pick and a 4th round pick respectively.

In this system, no one taken in the top 3 rounds can be kept the following year. This will ensure a year to year change over of the known studs and will reward you for the late round steals.

Player A is drafted in round 17 and breaks out.

This year: 17th round

year2: 14th round

year3: 11th round

year6: 2nd round

year7: back in the draft

* Free agents picked up during the season cannot be keepers and are back in the draft the next season.

Scoring:

passing yrds: 1 pt for 25 yds

passing tds: 4 pts for TD pass

Ints: -1 pt

2 pt conv: 2 pts

10 yds rush/rec: 1 pt

TD rush/rec: 6 pts

2 pt conv: 2 pts

rec: 1 pt

xpt: 1 pt

FG (0-39): 3 pts

FG(40-49):4 pts

FG (50+): 5 pts

defense scoring

0 Pts Allowed (10)

1-6 Pts Allowed (7)

7-13 Pts Allowed (5)

14-20 Pts Allowed (3)

21-27 Pts Allowed (0)

28-34 Pts Allowed (0)

35+ Pts Allowed (0)

Sack (2)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Starting Lineups

QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1K, 1 Def

Rosters

* 18 man roster

* no minimum or maximum position rules

Playoffs

* 14 team league

* 8 teams make the playoffs

* Home field advantage: The team that is the higher seed in the playoff matchups will get to field an extra player for playoff games. This player can be any position player on your roster. It cannot be a defence or a QB.

* EDIT NOTE: For the SB, both teams field an extra player.

Note: My local leagues have used this home field rule for the past 5 years. It is not as big an advantage as you may think. The home team has won approx 65% of the time. It rewards teams for having a strong regular season and attempts to minimize the luck factor in the playoffs.

Free Agents

* Based on Yahoos system. Teams receive a priority ranking based on standings and recent activity.

Yahoo Registration/Log-in Information

league name: Probert League

league id#: 214720

league password: gannon

here's the link, but likely will have to join yahoo then plug in above info.

league homepage

I heart you guys. Well, except for those who voted zero minimum keeper.

A note on one item not referenced here, or on the website. Maybe this is so obvious, no one thought to write it down.

But what are the playoff tie-breakers?

Obviously, head-to-head would be first. But if someone is not eliminated or elevated by way of a sweep, will we revert to points scored?

actually we went w/highest rank according to yahoo site...not sure if h2h even came into play.

believe it was actually total pts.

i'll do some checking.

NAn:

actually we went w/highest rank according to yahoo site...not sure if h2h even came into play.

believe it was actually total pts.

i'll do some checking.

Thanks, NAn. I was originally checking to see who I could play spoiler against, but now I see an outside shot at the playoffs, if everything falls just right.

A few clarifications:

1) Zero minimum is completely wimpy and against the general idea or MO of a keeper league. :mad:

2) Any players aquired as a free agent CANNOT be kept next year as they do not have a draft pick position.

3) Scenario: you aquire a player and are then left with 2 players on your team drafted from the same round. You want to keep both. The 2nd player will be kept at the cost of the first available draft pick preceding the round that he should have been kept for. Confused?

* Player A was drafted in round 14.

* Player B was aquired via trade and also drafted in round 14

* You want to keep both

* Player A is kept in exchange for an 11th round pick.

* Player B is kept in exchange for a 10th round pick.

* If you had also decided to keep your 13th round pick, then the 10th rounder is not available, so then player B would cost you your 9th round pick.

Capiche?

I can manage this aspect during the offseason.

Walter34:

1) Zero minimum is completely wimpy and against the general idea or MO of a keeper league. :mad:

Dalem:

Walter34:

LOL

just LET IT GO you two!

like i said when decision was made, likely most if not all of us will keep somebody.

teyo/fargas will be keepers for me.

and clarification on the scoring is that WE GO BY TOTAL PTS AS TIEBREAKER.

h2h would be next but w/decimal scoring will likely never come to that.