Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Never Forget? 9/11? If you bring it up every 9/11 how can we forget?

Can't we do it every 5 years like a reunion?

I hate people sometimes.

Exactly edjr... I was wondering in 50 years if they will still be reading the names of the people who lost their lives...

Exactly edjr... I was wondering in 50 years if they will still be reading the names of the people who lost their lives...

Just like they do with Pearl Harbor.. Oh wait

American dead numbered 2,403

In time the event will become more of a footnote, with interest dwindling, eventually the location will be redeveloped, maybe in our grandkids lifetime, with some measure of remembrance incorporated into the location. But as time passes the need or desire to maintain the spot as a monument will be seen as less and less important.

I am sure there was a time when St Cripen's Day was herladed and never missed, but now, not so much....

Plus every year people go nuts from fear wondering what the terrorists will do to mark the occasion. Good job assisting the terrorists in their goal, dummies :doh:

Plus every year people go nuts from fear wondering what the terrorists will do to mark the occasion. Good job assisting the terrorists in their goal, dummies :doh:

Didn't Benghazi happen on 9/11? On Obama's watch?

Yep. Four people died and years later you guys are still carrying on the terrorists' victory. Perfect example of what I'm talking about :thumbsup:

Yes. The Anniversary of Bush's biggest failure will always be a target date for terrorists.

Thanks, GW Retard. :thumbsdown:

Never forget...that entire planes worth of men on the planes were too chicken to stand up to poosy azz ragheads with plastic knives. Im a punk beeyotch myself but id have had the wherewithall to rally the men on the plane to take control of it long before it crashed.

On 9/11 2001 ... Pulling away from the Chelsea Peirs to New Jersey, i remember looking back. 2 things I remember crystal clear.

1 is I said, "This has got to be worse than Pearl Harbor."

And another is some woman said, "How could anyone hate us this much?" and I said, "Have you heard of these people in Afghanistan? They have blown up ancient Bhudist temples ... women can't listen to music ...."

A man says: The Taliban!

Me: Yeah, the Taliban.

That was about 4 PM EST ...

The Vice President later patted himself on the back for realizing right away that it was "a terrorist attack".

About 9:15 AM, I confirmed with someone, 2 planes crashed into the WTC ... and I said out loud, "That's a terrorist attack."

About 11 AM I checked into the fftoday geek club from downtown Manhattan.

"Confirmed. Both towers hit. Will report later."

There used to be a PDF of that thread, I used to have it.

Changed me, forever.

It used to make me really mad when people would say, "I saw the second plane crash live on TV."

As a mater of fact, that particular period of time, all I remember is chaos and people screaming and crying, I was right there in Sinatra Park across the river ... i don't know exactly what I saw ... i think my mind may have blocked it out. I never saw the second plane hit, that I remember. I do remember seeing people jumping though, once I was in Manhattan.

Pretty much the worst day of my life. Worse than when my brother died.

But that sealed it for me, when this guy and his girlfriend confirmed to me, 2 planes, minutes apart. He was hugging his girlfriend, I kinda grinned and nodded as my mind processed that they were telling me the truth. "That's a terrorist attack!" and I ran to catch the last PATH train into downtown.

In the heat of battle, I went towards the problem. Of course, there was nothing I could do. That was the overwhelming feeling for me at the end of the day ... there was nothing I could have done to help anybody. I felt so powerless.

The only time I really feared for my life, was while I was on that PATH train, underneath the Hudson River.

I remember looking at my Movado watch, that I still have but it needs service, and seeing 9:30 and I was at 7th Ave and 16th street. Half hour late for work.

That PATH train was fast. Blew past the Wallstreet stops, let us off at 14th street. That's the image that is burned into my brain, come up from the train, turn around ... Looking straight down 7th avenue ... Yep, both towers hit. About 9:25. Saw ppl jumping, turned away ... couldn't watch it.

Then came the lies. The smear campaign by TarheelBoy. About 11 AM I was at St. Vincent's and there was a big line of people to give blood. People were even passing around food like bananas in case, like me, I had not eaten yet that day.

And then someone came out, a doctor ... asking for certain blood types, and I still dunno my blood type ... It's kinda common, But I always forget for some reason. So, we were turned away. A cop was actually in the intersection there, yelling at people, "The best thing you can do to help, is go home." So, that's what we did. Me, my Mom and Step Dad, we went and ate lunch and formulated a plan.

They wanted to stay in Manhattan, I wanted to get back to New Jersey. We had an Isuzu Rodeo at the apt in Hobokken. Worst case scenario, jump in that truck and head west as fast as possible.

So ... some sick ppl, I dunno why, turned that into that I lied about helping people on 9/11. I guess, to improve my status here. It lasted for years, until one day I was sick of it. I made a bet with Tarheel. I bet him that he could not prove I ever lied about anything. Not my poker stories, not my fights, not 9/11 ... because I know they are all true. I said, "You prove I lied one time, I will leave forever. You can't prove it, you leave."

Look who's still here.

What's really interesting, is many years later, as other's stories have been written, it backs up, exactly like I described it. A line a block long of people wanting to give blood, wanting to do anything they could to help.

And not once ... has anyone here said, "I'm sorry for doubting your story." which is 100% true.

Someone once said, that when faced with actual warfare, a man will either run towards the problem, or away from the problem. No matter how well he is trained, and what that man believes, he wont know exactly how he is going to react until actually put in that battle situation.

I went towards it. Learned something about myself.

Anyway, there is a lot of value in "never forget". Never forget how America came together in the face of evil.

Never forget. I feel it.

Course ... I couldn't forget if I wanted too.

:o

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Giants Fan. View it anyway?
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Giants Fan. View it anyway?

What's really interesting, is many years later, as other's stories have been written, it backs up, exactly like I described it. A line a block long of people wanting to give blood, wanting to do anything they could to help.

And not once ... has anyone here said, "I'm sorry for doubting your story." which is 100% true.

So...because you can copy and paste or re-tell other people's story of that day, we should apologize to you for focking up every 9/11 thread by trying to make it about you rather than what really happened on that day?

Fock off, seriously.

:o

Ditto...

I am guessing he destroyed another thread...

So...because you can copy and paste or re-tell other people's story of that day, we should apologize to you for focking up every 9/11 thread by trying to make it about you rather than what really happened on that day?

Fock off, seriously.

This.

And the fact that you use 911 as an excuse for your pathetic failure to grow up and be a man is doubly pathetic.

There was another kamikaze plane but GFIAFP stopped it by personally challenging the terrorist leader to a 1 on 1 winner take all poker game and winning! I know this happened CUZ I WAS THERE! If im lying ill leave forever, swear on my life! I triple pinky swear! the dude was like "This mother effer, all night he check, check, check! He trap me!" then hes like "Pay him...pay that man his money."

Never Forget.... that the FAA knew locking c0ckpot doors would prevent hijackings, much like many European airlines had been doing for decades, yet the FAA did nothing about it until it was too late and still never took any blame for the tragedy. Never forget....

Yes. The Anniversary of Bush's biggest failure will always be a target date for terrorists.

Thanks, GW Retard. :thumbsdown:

Don't forget to thank Billy for leaving it up to to a fool to stop it....... The hijacking pilots started training in the US under Billy's watch, Billy and his FBI team knew of the Bojinka plot in 1995. Special agents Nancy Floyd and John Anticev both alerted Carson Dunbar (supervisor) it was going to happen - nobody listened, all under Billy's watch.

Don't forget to thank Billy for leaving it up to to a fool to stop it....... The hijacking pilots started training in the US under Billy's watch, Billy and his FBI team knew of the Bojinka plot in 1995. Special agents Nancy Floyd and John Anticev both alerted Carson Dunbar (supervisor) it was going to happen - nobody listened, all under Billy's watch.

Carter! :mad:

Carter! :mad:

CIA :mad:

I blame George Washington. Without him there never would've been a country for Obummer to eventually ruin

I blame George Washington. Without him there never would've been a country for Obummer to eventually ruin

Marquis de Lafayette

:mad: