Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Trained MMA fighter vs Bodybuilder. Who ya got? (one died)

Not surprising the MMA guy won. I would say the charges are BS but he kept punching the dude in the face even after he was unconscious.

Not surprising the MMA guy won. I would say the charges are BS but he kept punching the dude in the face even after he was unconscious.

Especially in a country that is staging their own live version of The Hunger Games.

A few thoughts. The bodybuilder was stupid for fighting a trained cage fighter. What the hell did he think was going to happen?

Also, the MMA fighter should definitely be charged with manslaughter. After the bodybuilder collapsed after trying to get up after the kick, he was totally motionless on his back. Didn't even have his hands raised. Nothing further was necessary. Those 4 or 5 punches to an unconscious man's unprotected head were total pussie sh1t. He should be in jail simply for not being a human being.

A few thoughts. The bodybuilder was stupid for fighting a trained cage fighter. What the hell did he think was going to happen?

Also, the MMA fighter should definitely be charged with manslaughter. After the bodybuilder collapsed after trying to get up after the kick, he was totally motionless on his back. Didn't even have his hands raised. Nothing further was necessary. Those 4 or 5 punches to an unconscious man's unprotected head were total pussie sh1t. He should be in jail simply for not being a human being.

One less meathead....ha..jk.

Yeah guessing the fall hitting his head is what killed him...but still really crappy. Two dudes I want no part of....MMA guy and cauliflower ear guy.

At first I thought the bodybuilder was Newbie. So glad to see you're still with us. Let this be a lesson though.

One meathead against an aggressive meathead (MMA). That kick wasn't even that quick. Had the body builder not been so huge he should have been able to block it or move back.

Agree 100% with this!

They do this in MMA too.

Sometimes a last punch or 2 slips through, before the referee tackles them

They went about that all wrong.

It should have been settled with a posedown. :dunno:

They went about that all wrong.

It should have been settled with a posedown. :dunno:

Or a borsch cook off?

If someone challenges me I keep going until the threat is eliminated. Sorry, no sympathy from me.

If someone challenges me I leave. Grown men Fighting :lol:

You are correct. I should restate. If need be, I eliminate threats. I'd don't seek them.

If someone challenges me I keep going until the threat is eliminated. Sorry, no sympathy from me.

Knocked out cold with hands down to the sides is quite eliminated

I get the body builder being pummeled. Happens all the time. Body builders are usually insecure wimpy bozos who cower and are terrible pathetic fighters.

How'd I do ?

I get the body builder being pummeled. Happens all the time. Body builders are usually insecure wimpy bozos who cower and are terrible pathetic fighters.

How'd I do ?

just look at the heavyweight division in boxing throughout the years. You will never see bulky bodybuilder types. But you won't see skinny stick figures either. Or fat guys with a big gut and no neck. It's the guys who are strong yet still athletic. Those are your fighters.

How'd I do ?

Skipped the article I see. Bodybuilder was a Russian champion fighter. It doesn't mention in what, but it obviously wasn't MMA.

Skipped the article I see. Bodybuilder was a Russian champion fighter. It doesn't mention in what, but it obviously wasn't MMA.

I did

Well no sh1t the mma guy won. I've tried telling people just cause you lift weights and are big doesn't mean you can fight. People who haven't gotten into fights or hardly ever been in a fight have this mentality

Knocked out cold with hands down to the sides is quite eliminated

We do not train to be merciful here.

I have no desire to watch a video of a guy pummeling an unconscious guy to death. Perhaps that makes me a wimp, whatever. :dunno:

I have no desire to watch a video of a guy pummeling an unconscious guy to death. Perhaps that makes me a wimp, whatever. :dunno:

This.

One less meathead....ha..jk.

Yeah guessing the fall hitting his head is what killed him...but still really crappy. Two dudes I want no part of....MMA guy and cauliflower ear guy.

This... but add Krav Maga guy... MMA guys stay the fock away from them.

This all day long

That's cause in Krav Maga we are taught whatever it takes to win. Yes that involves crotch shots, neck shots, eye gauging, and how to defend against them. Also taught how to dislocate joints. Seriously man you don't realize just HOW deadly it is until you start getting trained in it.

That's cause in Krav Maga we are taught whatever it takes to win. Yes that involves crotch shots, neck shots, eye gauging, and how to defend against them. Also taught how to dislocate joints. Seriously man you don't realize just HOW deadly it is until you start getting trained in it.

Reminds me of an army book on hand to hand combat from WWII or so. Raking with the elbow across the face, biting, eye gouging, etc............it's not a new philosophy but makes you wonder why it's not taught more in all self defense classes.

Reminds me of an army book on hand to hand combat from WWII or so. Raking with the elbow across the face, biting, eye gouging, etc............it's not a new philosophy but makes you wonder why it's not taught more in all self defense classes.

Can't speak for self defense classes but with MMA and other martial arts there are rules and styles they use. Krav Maga is basically the art of killing. By any means necessary. So there's not really any rules. The guy who owned the gym in SA was a black belt in Krav Maga. For that you have to be invited to take the test which includes flying overseas to Israel and doing multiple things like taking on a group of the black belts at once. He didn't go into detail about his test but he said it was the hardest thing he's ever done.

I have a friend here who is probably 6' 5", built like a tank, and has been doing INTENSE Muay Thai for years. Goes to a gym during the school year and trains and then goes to Thailand and trains daily for two months every summer.

There was a little brawl once between some foreigners and a horde of chinamen. I'm told if he hasn't been there, things would have gotten really bad. I sure as hell wouldn't Fock with him if you gave me a baseball bat advantage.

I have a friend here who is probably 6' 5", built like a tank, and has been doing INTENSE Muay Thai for years. Goes to a gym during the school year and trains and then goes to Thailand and trains daily for two months every summer.

There was a little brawl once between some foreigners and a horde of chinamen. I'm told if he hasn't been there, things would have gotten really bad. I sure as hell wouldn't Fock with him if you gave me a baseball bat advantage.

Anyone trained in martial arts (and not did it when they were kids and stopped but does the intense stuff) is someone you don't want to mess with. Muy Thai is another deadly one cause of their use of elbows and knees. If I hadn't of done Krav Maga I would've done muy Thai. Bodybuilders are actually not that hard to take on in a fight. They don't do a lot of cardio, aren't fast at punching or kicking, and can't move as well cause of their bulk. You just can't let them get their hands on you. Had to train against fighting those types during scenario training years ago. Key there is to essentially stick and move. Place your shots. Key are is the knees. They typically are heavy guys so a well aimed kick to their knee essentially takes them out

Anyone trained in martial arts (and not did it when they were kids and stopped but does the intense stuff) is someone you don't want to mess with. Muy Thai is another deadly one cause of their use of elbows and knees. If I hadn't of done Krav Maga I would've done muy Thai. Bodybuilders are actually not that hard to take on in a fight. They don't do a lot of cardio, aren't fast at punching or kicking, and can't move as well cause of their bulk. You just can't let them get their hands on you. Had to train against fighting those types during scenario training years ago. Key there is to essentially stick and move. Place your shots. Key are is the knees. They typically are heavy guys so a well aimed kick to their knee essentially takes them out

Funniest thing I've ever seen was some dude in a bar here getting his ass kicked by a girl.

He groped her or something, and she did some kind of tai chi kung fu type sh!t. Dropped him like a sack of hammers. Is say she was maybe 100 lbs soaking wet and dressed to the 9's. We all laughed at him.

My old city was 30 miles from the shaolin temple. People come from all over the world to train there. Those are some bad mother fockers. Little guys, but tough, and fast as hell. You get in a fight with one of those, you're in big trouble.

Funniest thing I've ever seen was some dude in a bar here getting his ass kicked by a girl.

He groped her or something, and she did some kind of tai chi kung fu type sh!t. Dropped him like a sack of hammers. Is say she was maybe 100 lbs soaking wet and dressed to the 9's. We all laughed at him.

My old city was 30 miles from the shaolin temple. People come from all over the world to train there. Those are some bad mother fockers. Little guys, but tough, and fast as hell. You get in a fight with one of those, you're in big trouble.

Yep. You don't have to be big to be able to fight. Especially when you're trained. It's about using your entire body instead of just your arm for a punch like most guys do. It's also about placement of the Hit. Guarantee she knew exactly where to hit him to knock him out cold.

And yea those monks essentially do nothing but train. I watched a documentary on them and their daily activities. That sh1t is intense

I started my son in Kung Fu at the age of 5 and he loves it and hopefully will advance as he continues, hes been doing it about a year now, and gotten very good at it

One reason I chose Kung Fu, for him over the others, is because the practice itself is made for self defense, and the first move is with your voice telling them to back off. After that its throats, eyes, nuts, joints, with fingers, elbows, knees and heels

also his master is about 150 lb, and I push 240, I held a bag one day, and he knocked me on my ass with a basic punch

its all about power generations

I started my son in Kung Fu at the age of 5 and he loves it and hopefully will advance as he continues, hes been doing it about a year now, and gotten very good at it

One reason I chose Kung Fu, for him over the others, is because the practice itself is made for self defense, and the first move is with your voice telling them to back off. After that its throats, eyes, nuts, joints, with fingers, elbows, knees and heels

also his master is about 150 lb, and I push 240, I held a bag one day, and he knocked me on my ass with a basic punch

its all about power generations

I saw the show they put on at the shaolin temple a couple years back. It's touristy of course, but pretty cool. Hey, even monks gotta eat right?

Wrestling >

A guy I have worked with before had his two front teeth knocked out by Matt Hughes. Thus guy didn't know who Matt Hughes was, talked some , got his ass kicked, and then regretted focking with him.

I did Rex won do for a few years. Pretty intense.

Krav maga..... crap that reminds me of a story. So when I was a director at the Y one of our other directors said he had an incident with an employee girl and the dad was mad about it and wanted to come talk to him. So he asked if I would sit in there with him just as a witness just in case things got heated. So I don't know who it is and I say okay.

Guy walks in the room and I'm like oh crap its the krav maga guy....

He got a little agitated but nothing out of line. We got done and I look over at my buddy and told him "Tom we could have thrown every chair in the room at this guy and it wouldn't have made any difference."

A guy I have worked with before had his two front teeth knocked out by Matt Hughes. Thus guy didn't know who Matt Hughes was, talked some ######, got his ass kicked, and then regretted focking with him.

He could probably take him now. May be time for a rematch?