Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

Yup. At some point the players will realize they are turning a lot of people off, costing themselves. Just like the NBA players did.

It's been two years. Keep holding your breath.

They will stop doing when they get something in return. How many times do I have to tell you?

Tiny, tiny, miniscule, tiny part of it. Maybe

Then why is the NFL reacting to only this part of their problem? Why not the bigger issues?. What do you think the reason is?

It's been two years. Keep holding your breath.

They will stop doing when they get something in return. How many times do I have to tell you?

I'm the one that said that. A while back. Pay attention Newbie.

Fine. Attendance down, ratings down, merchandise down means revenue down. That means no increase in the salary cap and a possible reduction in it. Have at it geniuses. You bet the players will agree to stand in time. The league will Make some donations and let them wear a purple ribbon or some jive. But they will stand. Mark it.

The players dont care their careers are short and they already have their money. It is too late for the NFL, the game has been exposed for the sham it is. The players will never agree to pro rice more or harder and that is the heart of their problem. They really dont care bout the game.

Then why is the NFL reacting to only this part of their problem? Why not the bigger issues?. What do you think the reason is?

They've reacted to others. Overturned their decision about not allowing rehearsed TD celebrations.

Newbie lost this thread; even to the ones agreeing with him.

Shocking! A racist wants to agree with other racists who think they're accomplishing something with their fake boycott

Shocking! A racist wants to agree with other racists who think they're accomplishing something with their fake boycott

I'm no more a racist than you are an intellectually sound individual.

Yeah, I wiped the floor with these two eagles fan idiots. They have no clue how the salary cap/pool works. I read MDC in another thread say how strong the NFL players union is. It's not. It's considered the weakest of the big 3 sports unions. Loses in court all the time and their strikes have all been disasters. Caved when the owners locked them out. He also has no clue.

Yup. At some point the players will realize they are turning a lot of people off, costing themselves. Just like the NBA players did.

I hope they come to the realization that they are complete idiots for faking their outrage, grow up and stop it.

That might be a little to much to ask when they have the losers/newbies of the world praising them for validating they're own phony outrage.

NBA players realized protesting was hitting then in the wallet and knocked it off eh?

NBA players realized protesting was hitting then in the wallet and knocked it off eh?

Kneeling isn't the only behavior that turns fans off. Man you are simple. But the league realized That's why they have to stand after that Muslim Rauoff or whatever was doing his bullshit. The players agreed to it. Then again, Jews run the NBA. Smart.

Kneeling isn't the only behavior that turns fans off. Man you are simple. But the league realized That's why they have to stand after that Muslim Rauoff or whatever was doing his bullshit. The players agreed to it. Then again, Jews run the NBA. Smart.

Unlike the nfl standing is also in their bylaws. Good luck getting that through in football.

Unlike the nfl standing is also in their bylaws. Good luck getting that through in football.

Yeah, and those idiots in the NFL, namely Goodell(liberal) let it get out of hand. The NBA nipped it in the bud. Smart. Like Michael Jordan said, republicans buy sneakers too.

The NFL owners are taking baby aspirin and Quaaludes instead of getting a tourniquet around this thing.

God I miss Quaaludes!!!

Best drug I ever did!!

Here’s what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-rulebook-a62-63-national-anthem-rule/

Heres what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

thanks for proving my point. There can't be a rule that tells people they can't protest. There already is a rule about standing for the national anthem. What do you really expect the league to do about it? They're kneeling to put an end to some of the social injustice is like police brutality. How could the league possibly refuse them the chance to do that. How would that make the league look? I'm sure thst to the 33% of trump supporters, it would make the league look awesome. F you black guys. I get it. I'm talking about the 67 percent of people who truly do feel like we are all created equally.

thanks for proving my point. There can't be a rule that tells people they can't protest. There already is a rule about standing for the national anthem. What do you really expect the league to do about it? They're kneeling to put an end to some of the social injustice is like police brutality. How could the league possibly refuse them the chance to do that. How would that make the league look? I'm sure thst to the 33% of trump supporters, it would make the league look awesome. F you black guys. I get it. I'm talking about the 67 percent of people who truly do feel like we are all created equally.

If it's only 33%, then what's the big deal? The other 67% should easily make up for it. God you are one stupid twerp.

Yes. I wish them good luck in getting that through in football.

Here’s what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The NFL must change the 'shoulds' to 'must' or they should go fock off.

In related news, I saw my first commercial from the nflpa tonight. Makes sense. Basically, they're trying to put lipstick on this whole kneeling Pig.

Overplayed their hand. That's the bottom line. If you're trying to draw attention? Then you do it one time. Then you Branch out to the one of 3500 different social media platforms available to these guys. Not to mention the 6000 reporters who would love to ask you about the subject.

Do it one time, get people's attention. Then move it to a more appropriate venue. Now, they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Moreover, this is a lot like the whole one whole month for breast cancer thing. It's not even close to the leading killer in terms of cancers alone much less overall.

What if I feel, rightfully so by the way, then more people die from domestic violence then from allegedly unjustified cop shootings?

What If, instead of kneeling for cop shootings I want to do interpretive dance for all the women who've been killed by their husbands and boyfriends?

Pretty soon, the national anthem looks like a Special Olympics dance off. Everybody doing their own thing for their own causes and the media stoking the Flames by wondering whether this player is being a team player because he's dancing instead of kneeling and he's laying down but he's jumping jumping jacks but...

To say the kneeling has a fraction to do with the ratings/game attendance plummeting is ludicrous. And this is just the first half of the season. Once more teams get eliminated from playoff contention, you'll see an even further decline in ratings/attendance.

It's not the only reason but it's a big part of it.

To say the kneeling has a fraction to do with the ratings/game attendance plummeting is ludicrous. And this is just the first half of the season. Once more teams get eliminated from playoff contention, you'll see an even further decline in ratings/attendance.

It's not the only reason but it's a big part of it.

Kneeling has a fraction to do with the ratings/game attendance plummeting. Few really care that much. Sorry. I know you do..I know a few here do..But know who generally hangs out on this bored. No one here is going to be contributing to the NAACP any time soon here.

But you are a very tiny little fraction of the total. I've said it before. It's no different than something like jews boycotting McDonalds cause they did something anti-semantic. It isn't what you want, but it isn't that big of a factor.

I saw a quote on barstool sports..Saying the they could totally notice the 25 missing fans at the game due to the protests.

Papa Johns--same thing. He pissed off a lot of people on the left---with his big mouth. They are claiming they are going to protest..blah blah blah..No different at ALL from this protest.

This is hugely important to a few folks here....hugely important but it's only a few of you. But you surround yourselves with like minded thinking individuals(like we all do) and believe since your few friends agree with you then EVERYONE must agree with you.

The protest has hurt attendance and ratings...a teeny bit.... and NOT at all in markets where the local team is doing well. Philly, Dallas, even Detroit to some degree cause we are so hungry for a winner.

‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings With Season Low As Raiders Win

At the halfway point now in the NFL season, the much traveled Oakland Raiders pulled off a Sunday Night Football win against the Miami Dolphins as yet again protests stole much of the game’s thunder. The Raiders’ Week 9 27-24 victory saw the Dolphins’ Michael Thomas, Julius Thomas and wide receiver Kenny Stills kneel during the national anthem.

That’s the first such protest by players for the Florida franchise since the team’s coach instituted a rule against such displays. It is also the first game for the Dolphins since their owner and the players put together an annual fund for “advocacy and social justice programs” on November 4. On yet another Sunday of big games and Daylight Savings Time catch ups, the SNF protests last night came as ratings for the league are down 5% from the numbers stumbles of last season and nearly 19% from a similar point in the 2015-2016 season.

Pulling focus to last night’s sometimes fog drenched SNF, the NBC broadcast game snared a 9.6/16 in metered market results.

Up a scant 2%, that’s pretty steady with last week’s SNF season low when the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Detroit Lions and SNF faced a very dramatic Game 5 of the 2017 World Series. That 8:30 – 11:30 PM ET game result went on to draw an NFL tepid 4.8/15 among adults 18-49 and 13.86 million viewers. Even with a season of ratings slides, that was a rare loss of a Sunday for the NFL and the Comcast-owned net to the 5.3/17 and 18.94 million that the baseball game and Fox scored.

Year-to-year, last night’s Raiders vs. Dolphins battle declined 18% from the early numbers of the comparable game of last year, which Oakland won.

Back on November 6, 2016, the Raiders solidly took down the Denver Broncos 30-20 at home in the Bay Area on SNF. Also no longer facing a World Series, that Week 9 game of last year eventually ended up with a 6.6/20 rating and 18.33 million viewers. That result was the best SNF had done after several weeks of ratings tackles.

In non-time adjusted fast affiliates, last night’s SNF delivered a season low 4.0/14 among adults 18-49 and 11.67 million viewers. That’s a tumble of 7% in the demo and 1 million from the fast affiliates of the October 29 SNF of the Steelers vs. the Lions and up against Game 5 of the World Series. Right now, NBC is winning the night with a 3.6/12 and an audience of 10.73 million

Lacking the double dose of sports competition, most of the rest of the Big 4 were pretty steady last night, kind of.

With its primetime pushed back 30 minutes due to NFL overruns, CBS saw a 7:30 PM ET starting 60 Minutes (2.4/8) inflated up 60% over last week’s basically football-less Sunday. Wisdom of the Crowd (1.1/4), NCIS: Los Angeles (0.9/3) and Madam Secretary (0.7/3) bopped up 36%, 12% and 17% with the NFL’s help. All of those numbers will likely be adjusted in the final numbers.

For you gridiron fans, that Dallas Cowboys’ late afternoon win over the Kansa City Chiefs handed the House of Moonves a 14.2/26 metered market result. A result that is up 11% over the Week 9 game of 2016 and the best national game MM rating for the net this season.

Yep...............and a fraction could be anywhere from 1/64th to 63/64ths. :doh:

Win!!

Could be 65/64ths too right?

Kneeling has a fraction to do with the ratings/game attendance plummeting. Few really care that much. Sorry. I know you do..I know a few here do..But know who generally hangs out on this bored. No one here is going to be contributing to the NAACP any time soon here.

But you are a very tiny little fraction of the total. I've said it before. It's no different than something like jews boycotting McDonalds cause they did something anti-semantic. It isn't what you want, but it isn't that big of a factor.

I saw a quote on barstool sports..Saying the they could totally notice the 25 missing fans at the game due to the protests.

Papa Johns--same thing. He pissed off a lot of people on the left---with his big mouth. They are claiming they are going to protest..blah blah blah..No different at ALL from this protest.

This is hugely important to a few folks here....hugely important but it's only a few of you. But you surround yourselves with like minded thinking individuals(like we all do) and believe since your few friends agree with you then EVERYONE must agree with you.

The protest has hurt attendance and ratings...a teeny bit.... and NOT at all in markets where the local team is doing well. Philly, Dallas, even Detroit to some degree cause we are so hungry for a winner.

This guy is giving Honcho a run for his money as the biggest dummy.

Oh, let them have their fantasy. Their orange messiah is hovering around 30% approval and the guy has failed at every turn. Let them have this one. If they want to think that a few racists pretending to be boycotting football is doing some damage. just give it to them. They've had a pretty tough year.

Oh, let them have their fantasy. Their orange messiah is hovering around 30% approval and the guy has failed at every turn. Let them have this one. If they want to think that a few racists pretending to be boycotting football is doing some damage. just give it to them. They've had a pretty tough year.

This literally has nothing to do with the conversation. But thanks?

30% approval rating and STILL America would elect him over Hillary. Guess we got this election right. :banana:

30% approval rating and STILL America would elect him over Hillary. Guess we got this election right. :banana:

Supertramp said it best...."Dreamer..you stupid little dreamer"