Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Little League Baseball - Parents

HOLY FOOOOCK are they annoying.

Watching my son practice today and these fock stick parents where annoying the p1ss out of me.

1. Do not enter the dugout. That is for player and coaches only

2. Do not coach players during the game or during practice. Let the coach do that and you can work on stuff at home. The only thing coming out of your mouth is encouragement for all the players

3. If the coach sets up different stations for the kids do not follow them around the field. They are looking at you and not paying attention to the coach or exercise.

4. Let your kid make mistake

5. Let your kid make new friends. I swear 3 parents where playing catch with only their kids just before practice. My kid got his glove and asked one of the other kids to throw with him.

Bottom Line: Get to practice on time, get your kid in the dugout, set your chair up, and STFU and watch.

I recently saw on our local news a story about Silent Saturdays. Something they had to invent to keep the annoying parents in check during games. Sad.

I recently saw on our local news a story about Silent Saturdays. Something they had to invent to keep the annoying parents in check during games. Sad.

When i was a director at a YMCA i pressed every year for one No Parent Saturday per season...where kids got dropped off and parents went and go focked themselves, or each other, whatever. Just not near their kid.

Board rejected it every time unfortunately.

Parents are the worst.

Was that for soccer?

All of this can be addressed with a simple note to parents at the beginning of the season. I used to do it for baseball and I do it now for football.

Add to the list - don't bring food to your kid on the bench. Fatty McFattness can wait until after the game to chow down those hot dogs. I need him ready to clog the base paths this inning.

Was that for soccer?

All of this can be addressed with a simple note to parents at the beginning of the season. I used to do it for baseball and I do it now for football.

Add to the list - don't bring food to your kid on the bench. Fatty McFattness can wait until after the game to chow down those hot dogs. I need him ready to clog the base paths this inning.

I think so. I don't think it was for Little League, but it's sad that it gets a name and makes the 5 o'clock news because people are such focking morons.

Maybe you guys should sell alcohol at the games..

Only for coaches. I coached softball for ten years. Can't tell you how many times I wish I wanted to be Buttermaker. Some of the experiences I had were the best. The worst were the parents. The girls were great. They love you. Parents, are hateful trash. I had police called out to a championship game once.

When the coaches did the draft at the beginning of the season, I loaded up with the athletes. Had twelve girls plus. Six were African American. Three Mexicans, three white girls, and My and the other coaches daughter. Both good pitchers. We beat the sh!t out of the other teams. My girls got along and knew we were good. We rocked.

The teams we played were somewhat intimidated. When you have a 5'3 catcher 100 lbs (b cups) handling the plate, it's easy. This was 11-12 Dixie.

Parents for the other team? Momma watching her 4'2 60 lbs daughter get slaughtered at the plate by my Asia? To much fun. There were times I wish I had beer in hand. There were times I wish I could kuntpunt mommas on the other team.

My favorite story about coaching those kids involving sex was a coach from another team. We were tied up and the time had run out. Was a late game. 11:00 and they all had exams the next morning.Blue said "let's play one more inning!" Me: Tell butterface coach I'm in. Blue: Butterface?

Me: Incredible body. But....... Blue: Game!

Wut if you are an assistant coach?

Watching my son practice today and these fock stick parents where annoying the p1ss out of me.

2. Do not coach players during the game or during practice. Let the coach do that and you can work on stuff at home. The only thing coming out of your mouth is encouragement for all the players

3. If the coach sets up different stations for the kids do not follow them around the field. They are looking at you and not paying attention to the coach or exercise.

5. Let your kid make new friends. I swear 3 parents where playing catch with only their kids just before practice. My kid got his glove and asked one of the other kids to throw with him.

Bottom Line: Get to practice on time, get your kid in the dugout, set your chair up, and STFU and watch.

Amen

I think so. I don't think it was for Little League, but it's sad that it gets a name and makes the 5 o'clock news because people are such focking morons.

I wouldnt make the news if the other team's parents wouldnt fight back. :mad:

No way would I ever agree to coach other people's kids.

Every school I've worked at in china has asked me to coach basketball. They see that in really tall, and don't realize I have zero athletic ability whatsoever.

I always refuse. You WILL get parents angry with you, and that is the ONLY way you get fired here. They don't really give a sh!t what I do as English teacher. But don't let THEIR kid be the star point guard? Oh hell no.

Just imagine what it would be like if they were allowed to drink at the park like Sho Nuff thinks is okay...

We're blessed with a great group of parents on our 10U boys team. All the kids are having fun with it and enjoying the games and being on the field, we don't have parents complaining about who's playing when or how much, we have a head coach who played ball at the JuCo level and watches pitch counts so we don't have a 10 yr old throwing 197 pitches in 3 days, and we (as the coaches) seem to be accommodating to helping all the kids grow individually and as a team, no matter their talent level from the kid who rakes and is trying to be recruited by all the other teams to the kid who is still figuring out how to hold his glove when catching. It's really been a lot of fun.

My wife took on coaching for our daughter, 8U machine pitch and it's a bit different cause some of the girls want to be there and at least one of them didn't. Wasn't a built team but rather an inherited team because they didn't have enough coaches. Was still a lot of fun helping with that team, but yes the dad sitting there yelling at his daughter as she's in the box telling her what she's doing wrong looks like a fool, and really isn't helping his daughter what-so-ever.

What's funny is watching how sad some of the other coaches are. Some taking it way too serious, some going to blow kids arms out by the time they are 13, and some thinking they are handing out scholarships after the game is over. For the most part though I find we're all there for the right reason, the kids.

Did you tell your parents this before the season started? If not, you only have yourself to blame... You need to set the ground rules before everything started to say what is expected of them...

Did you tell your parents this before the season started? If not, you only have yourself to blame... You need to set the ground rules before everything started to say what is expected of them...

That's great in theory but you're asking parents to listen to a volunteer coach. And parents especially mothers tend to do whatever the heck they want anyway. And you can't list every stupid thing parents do for your rules list.

I mean I could be on here all day telling you guys stories of bizarre crap parents did in my youth leagues. It was Non-Stop

That's great in theory but you're asking parents to listen to a volunteer coach. And parents especially mothers tend to do whatever the heck they want anyway. And you can't list every stupid thing parents do for your rules list.

I mean I could be on here all day telling you guys stories of bizarre crap parents did in my youth leagues. It was Non-Stop

In theory yes... But when I coached basketball for 5th/6th graders I told the parents that I was volunteering to coach and if they didn't like how I ran practice or games, I was more than willing to step down and they could coach for me...

I never had one issue in the two years that I coached...

The same with soccer... I have coached there for almost eight years and never had one issue with parents... I told them the same thing... I guess I have gotten lucky...

In theory yes... But when I coached basketball for 5th/6th graders I told the parents that I was volunteering to coach and if they didn't like how I ran practice or games, I was more than willing to step down and they could coach for me...

I never had one issue in the two years that I coached...

The same with soccer... I have coached there for almost eight years and never had one issue with parents... I told them the same thing... I guess I have gotten lucky...

Ha that's actually probably a great way to handle it. Usually people don't want to coach.

No way would I ever agree to coach other people's kids.

Every school I've worked at in china has asked me to coach basketball. They see that in really tall, and don't realize I have zero athletic ability whatsoever.

I always refuse. You WILL get parents angry with you, and that is the ONLY way you get fired here. They don't really give a sh!t what I do as English teacher. But don't let THEIR kid be the star point guard? Oh hell no.

I coach 3 sports because my kids play. If they didn't, there's no way I would.

Most kids are great and have a lot of fun. But some don't wanna be there, and others are just ashholes.

Parents are another matter entirely. I've been fortunate to have pretty decent parents so far. But it only takes one to ruin a season. And this past baseball season I had that one parent and his kid.

Kid was the most talented on the team but a real head case. He cried and threw a fit every time something didn't go his way. Tried several different strategies to help him, but nothing worked. Things came to a head when he came running off the field saying his teammates sucked. Benched him again, he kept mouthing in the dugout, unil I finally told him to leave the field.

His dad was also an asst coach and a world class sh!thead. Private schools, family money, nose in the air, arrogant doosh. Of course, he envisions his 9 yr old son as the next Mike Trout.

They both went off the rails when the rest of the coaches voted my son the MVP over this kid. His kid would have been a shoe-in based on ability, but he was the worst possible teammate.

You'd think this dad would use this opportunity to teach the kid about the importance of teamwork, sportsmanship, etc. But, no. He'd rather run around town complaining to anyone who will listen that his son got hosed and I'm playing daddy ball. He's such an idiot. He knows I didn't even vote for my own kid.

It's not reasonable to expect that everyone you come in contact with will like you, but I'm really not into having enemies in the community. Now, because of this, this entire family hates me, my

and my sons.

Has me rethinking things a bit.

If you want to coach, then coach. Otherwise, STFU and enjoy the game.

I'm not a coach.

I have coached before and yes I lay these ground rules out.

Only coached rec (although I had some really good players, and some not so good ones). Parents were great, kids were great. Had 4/5 kids who would play a travel game, then race over to play a rec game with their friends without a complaint from them or their parents.