Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Alrighty Investment Chums.. Vanguard IRA's

So out of curiosity.. I took my investment strategy I use for my retirement and swapped out the government funds with Vanguard IRA funds.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/plainsmouse/Mobile%20Uploads/Vanguard%20Funds%20Mix_zpshjza1nk5.jpg

The results are really very similar. I think the return rates for the last 5 years are really promising. If I retire I may move all my gov retirement 401k type to something similar for much more freedom.

What do you guys think?

So out of curiosity.. I took my investment strategy I use for my retirement and swapped out the government funds with Vanguard IRA funds.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/plainsmouse/Mobile Uploads/Vanguard Funds Mix_zpshjza1nk5.jpg

The results are really very similar. I think the return rates for the last 5 years are really promising. If I retire I may move all my gov retirement 401k type to something similar for much more freedom.

What do you guys think?

What's an ITA?

If you mean IRA, yeah, Vanguard has some great very low cost funds. Go for it. If and when the hits the fan you can call their toll free number for assistance.

I'll wait for iam90sbabys professional opinion. He's in his 20s and mostly just plays with fidget spinners all day, but he saw Wall Street 2 with Shia Lebouf so he's basically an expert.

• Like 1

Yearly rates of return since 2013: 30.04%, 15.44%, 22.55%, 24.66%, and nearing 10% ytd.

Those are some pretty big returns cumulatively. Thats doubling your investment in less than 5 years.

Anyway.. it's not get rich overnight, but it's hooge in my book when your talking 100k numbers.

Yearly rates of return since 2013: 30.04%, 15.44%, 22.55%, 24.66%, and nearing 10% ytd.

Those are some pretty big returns cumulatively. Thats doubling your investment in less than 5 years.

Anyway.. it's not get rich overnight, but it's hooge in my book when your talking 100k numbers.

There is a reason the historical average return in the market is right around 12%. Don't be foolish thinking these returns will continue forever.

There is a reason the historical average return in the market is right around 12%. Don't be foolish thinking these returns will continue forever.

Hrrmm... well not saying that. Here is the original chart I took the funds equivelants from. 30'ish years good enough data for ya?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/plainsmouse/Mobile%20Uploads/tmj100-1_zpsoskthmnl.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/plainsmouse/Mobile%20Uploads/tmj100%20Averages_zpslkeyrv96.jpg

As compared to the S&P500's 11.64% Average for the last 29 years.

Well AD whatchya think?

Also anyone have a site I can get those Vanguard funds ror's back a bit further than 5 years? I'd like to see how that whole 30 year run pans out.

I think that at least one of those Van funds is less than 5 yo though

Well AD whatchya think?

Also anyone have a site I can get those Vanguard funds ror's back a bit further than 5 years? I'd like to see how that whole 30 year run pans out.

I think that at least one of those Van funds is less than 5 yo though

I have no idea what you linked. Sorry.

I have no idea what you linked. Sorry.

Those are the returns for the last 3o years using funds the gov has in our retirement system that are equivelant to those Vanguard funds.

So.. average rate of return for 30ish years being 19%+... I'll take it.

Point was... this system beats the buy and hold S&P500 the vast majority of the time.

Those are the returns for the last 3o years using funds the gov has in our retirement system that are equivelant to those Vanguard funds.

So.. average rate of return for 30ish years being 19%+... I'll take it.

Point was... this system beats the buy and hold S&P500 the vast majority of the time.

Great. Can't beat those returns.