Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

He is risen!

your missing the joy of a small church with good people and good fun. Its a totally different experience than you think it is. Thats what all you haters have wrong.

Yep

This song will give you goosebumps every time.

Pretty much should be the unofficial soundtrack of Easter.

This song will give you goosebumps every time.

Pretty much should be the unofficial soundtrack of Easter.

Again.....can someone give me one example of proof of an afterlife......without using the Bible or a verse as your "proof"?

Again.....can someone give me one example of proof of an afterlife......without using the Bible or a verse as your "proof"?

No more so than you can give me proof there is none or no God.

And proof of the war on Christians from earlier is also funny...when you worry about Google Doodles or coffee cups...your argument is pretty much a focking joke.

"Yay verily, I tell you thus;

It is far easier for a Camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than

a Dooshbague to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. "

17: Dallas - NewEngland 24.

No more so than you can give me proof there is none or no God.

Sho: There's purple teradactyls flying around

Me: No there's not

Sho: Prove they aren't!!

Wait what? You're making the claim of existence. Not me.

"Yay verily, I tell you thus;

It is far easier for a Camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than

a Dooshbague to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. "

17: Dallas - NewEngland 24.

Well....I'm convinced now. :)

Well....I'm convinced now. :)

Very good. Now come sit on Father Wiffle's lap - and I'll give you a special blessing!

Not much different than any other group activity.

Some, but certainly not all.

Not all group activities are positive. Nor, are they philanthropic. Nor do they make the community a better place.

I cannot, and I stopped searching for it long ago.

Sho: There's purple teradactyls flying around

Me: No there's not

Sho: Prove they aren't!!

Wait what? You're making the claim of existence. Not me.

You're making the claim of it doesn't exist.

I said nothing as far as making claims to you.

You're making the claim of it doesn't exist.

I said nothing as far as making claims to you.

Oh yes...forgot you posted this. Captain fencerider.

I have always found the faith of others amazing when it comes to denying the existence of God. Our bodies are running rampant with all sorts of systems that have to work in unison...and somehow they do to sustain life. Our brains allow for intelligent thought (sometimes :) ) and emotions and love and yet it all just appeared from nothing at all.

I think it takes a TON more faith to believe that everything we see around us just spontaneously arrived here somehow. With regards to my own faith, that was a jumping off point many, many years ago...it's evolved now into something much richer and assured.

Just my two cents. I was sincere in making my first sentence. I really do find faith in nothing at all to be pretty amazing.

Lol now you know exactly how you sound with your ridiculous generalizations

Double down stupid. Quit now.

...Really makes me wonder how they celebrate Easter in Alexandria.

Jeebus rises from the dead, freeing all of mankind from sin.

- and Rick stabs him in the haid with a railroad tie.

:huh:

I have always found the faith of others amazing when it comes to denying the existence of God. Our bodies are running rampant with all sorts of systems that have to work in unison...and somehow they do to sustain life. Our brains allow for intelligent thought (sometimes :) ) and emotions and love and yet it all just appeared from nothing at all.

I think it takes a TON more faith to believe that everything we see around us just spontaneously arrived here somehow. With regards to my own faith, that was a jumping off point many, many years ago...it's evolved now into something much richer and assured.

Just my two cents. I was sincere in making my first sentence. I really do find faith in nothing at all to be pretty amazing.

And I think that's where we differ respectfully.

You see everything in the world and figure it cannot possibly happen randomly or spontaneously therefore it must be a god at work. Essentially attributing everything unknown to a god.

Which is fine. I'm just saying most of you follow a God for this afterlife. You alter so many things in your life to achieve this.

I'm just asking for any tangible proof this exists

And I think that's where we differ respectfully.

You see everything in the world and figure it cannot possibly happen randomly or spontaneously therefore it must be a god at work. Essentially attributing everything unknown to a god.

Which is fine. I'm just saying most of you follow a God for this afterlife. You alter so many things in your life to achieve this.

I'm just asking for any tangible proof this exists

My uncle's thing was "well you can't reproduce blood so it must be the work of God, they have this and that and X and Y, but you can't make blood, so ha! There is all the proof you need!" well now they do and he has come up with other BS to compensate his lack of facts. I am sure this is the vicious cycle that has been going on for two thousands years. At least now you don't get killed for it though.

My uncle's thing was "well you can't reproduce blood so it must be the work of God, they have this and that and X and Y, but you can't make blood, so ha! There is all the proof you need!" well now they do and he has come up with other BS to compensate his lack of facts. I am sure this is the vicious cycle that has been going on for two thousands years. At least now you don't get killed for it though.

The thing is I would think that religious folks could easily prove this. I mean if I'm going to alter my entire life and live my life a certain specific way for this Grand reward upon my death I would think that I would want to make sure that it's a actual thing.

The thing is I would think that religious folks could easily prove this. I mean if I'm going to alter my entire life and live my life a certain specific way for this Grand reward upon my death I would think that I would want to make sure that it's a actual thing.

And let's just say me and you are wrong and it turns out all these fairytales are in fact true... well in my opinion instead of me thinking it is all lies I would then think God/Jesus are a$$holes. I mean what father would send his son to burn forever just because someone didn't believe in him. What a d!ck. Talk about tough love. :shocking:

Jesus died over 2000 years ago and the non believers are still afraid of him and his teachings of love thy neighbor, do not steal, do not murder, etc.

The fact that it bothers them that others believe and they don't speaks volumes...

True analogy:

There's a lot of confusion as to whether it was the Romans (Pontius) or The jews killed Christ.

The Jewish High Priests basically ran the show on a local level.

But the Romans were in charge and pretty much ran the Jewish High Leaders.

When Pontius said he "washed his hands" of the whole affair, it didn't mean he was disinterested in the outcome

No, very much the opposite; Still, if shiit went south, he wanted the Jewish Leadership to take the proverbial bullet.

So, as one can clearly see, The Jews were the Vichy Government to the Roman Nazi Occupation.

- The Scottish Feudal Lords to their British Overlords.

- The Darth Vader to Emperor Palpitine.

I hope this clears tings up for you.

Jesus died over 2000 years ago and the non believers are still afraid of him and his teachings of love thy neighbor, do not steal, do not murder, etc.

The fact that it bothers them that others believe and they don't speaks volumes...

Well, technically, Jeebus wasn't so much about all the "thous shalt nots..."

That was pretty much Moses' schtick.

Jeebus was more about love they neighbor and faith alone is the key to salvation and whatnot.

Really, if you think about it, Jesus was the beginning of the slippery moral slope we find ourselves upon today.

Moses had some rock solid (so to speak) hard and fast rules that were NOT open to interpretation.

Then Jesus with his long hair and sandals and whoares and homeless guys walks around saying

"Pffft - That's what Moses says, but I am the Son of God, and MY convenant is MUCH easier!"

...So everybody went and followed him. - Except those stick up the butt Jews.

Two thousand years later and Kaitlynn Jenner is doing underwear ads on national TV.

Thanks a LOT Jesus. Just HAD to be Mr. Popular, didn't you?

Look, you can either be their Friend OR their Savior, but you can't be both.

It sends a mixed message. And then I have to be the bad guy. :nono:

Not scared of him or it at all.

But asking for any shred of tangible proof of something you are altering your entire life on.....and nobody can do it....speaks massive volumes.

Religion in this country is becoming less popular because people just get smarter from one generation to the next. I bet that, deep inside, at least 50% of "believers" actually doubt there's a man in the sky. But it makes them feel good and that's never a bad thing. Some of the nicest guys I know go to church every Sunday. I have no problem with anyone who believes. As long as they don't get preachy about it.

But asking for any shred of tangible proof of something you are altering your entire life on.....and nobody can do it....speaks massive volumes.

How am I altering my life?

There is plenty of archaeological proof and other kinds of proof that Jesus existed. You are basically saying his claims were crafted to manipulate or that he was crazy. Everything he said and did fulfilled a whole heapload of previous scripture. The odds of someone doing that are astronomical. For me, there was enough proof to begin my pursuit of truth.

But, that was nearly 30 years ago. At this point, I'm pretty far down the road. I've seen God work in my life in so many tangible ways, it would be impossible to name them all. I don't continue to pursue a relationship with God because of what I get out of it- I pursue it because it's all that truly matters from my perspective. You are saying Christians approach God with the mindset of "What's In It For Me"- like a bunch of greedy relatives who visit an aging uncle repeatedly hoping they get to be in the will. Maybe that is how some people function. But, for many Christians, it's about discovering the truth about who we truly are and where we came from and making that truth the focal point of our existence. I haven't looked back...not for a long time.

I am also fairly certain that had I not been compelled to step out in faith, I wouldn't be able to see what I see now. So, I don't think you're crazy for not seeing it on your own. Of course it looks bizarre or fake or both. My hope for anyone who sees it that way is that they'd give it another look without all the baggage attached.

There is plenty of archaeological proof and other kinds of proof that Jesus existed. You are basically saying his claims were crafted to manipulate or that he was crazy. Everything he said and did fulfilled a whole heapload of previous scripture. The odds of someone doing that are astronomical. For me, there was enough proof to begin my pursuit of truth.

But, that was nearly 30 years ago. At this point, I'm pretty far down the road. I've seen God work in my life in so many tangible ways, it would be impossible to name them all. I don't continue to pursue a relationship with God because of what I get out of it- I pursue it because it's all that truly matters from my perspective. You are saying Christians approach God with the mindset of "What's In It For Me"- like a bunch of greedy relatives who visit an aging uncle repeatedly hoping they get to be in the will. Maybe that is how some people function. But, for many Christians, it's about discovering the truth about who we truly are and where we came from and making that truth the focal point of our existence. I haven't looked back...not for a long time.

I am also fairly certain that had I not been compelled to step out in faith, I wouldn't be able to see what I see now. So, I don't think you're crazy for not seeing it on your own. Of course it looks bizarre or fake or both. My hope for anyone who sees it that way is that they'd give it another look without all the baggage attached.

No one is saying Jesus didn't exist. Most atheist believe that yeah, there probably was a guy named Jesus 2,000 years ago. We are just calling BS on everything else.

Like do you really think Moses gather one male and one female of every species? Really?

Like do you really think Moses gather one male and one female of every species? Really?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh oops that was Noah, sorry I mix them up, just goes to show how little effort I have put into the #1 selling fiction book of all time. Glad I didn't know.