Sign in to follow this  
Agrajag

Great Virtual League Needs Owners

I've been a fantasy league fan for decades but always kept my eye out for something a bit "deeper". Then I came upon different type of football sim that's become my mainstay.

The game is called Deep Route. I don't own it, have no part in it other than being an owner in one of their leagues and a big fan of it.

I find this far more satisfying for a number of reasons:

1. It isn't tied to the NFL so it runs all year long.

2. It has its own varied types of leagues with different speeds (number of games per week) and rules.

3. The community is quite active in most of the leagues and willing to help out new owners.

4. It's something you can do for free but also has nice value-add options that don't impact your ability to win.

5. It's as complex as you want it to be including creating your own very detailed playbooks.

On the downside, it's populated with virtual players -- not NFL players. This is likely a turn-off for many but it's shortsighted. I now care more about my imaginary team of players than I ever did about actual NFL players.

If this sounds interesting to you, feel free to drop me any questions you might have. my team is the Ft. Worth Firebirds in League 37. We're the "slowest" league in the game with games every Tuesday and Saturday. We play about 2.5 seasons per year. Most of the leagues in the game play FIVE games a week for the truly addicted.

I'm sending this out as our league recently lost of few of its oldest owners and so we suddenly have a number of openings for some motivated Fantasy fans.

You can read my original review of the product here: http://slashcomment.com/entertainment/twist-on-fantasy-football/