Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

NFL draft weekend is here

FAs have been moving around the league for a few months but it's now that time of the offseason when all the new players are being shuffled into the league and next years' rosters are really taking form. You should get a preliminary idea of who you like and what you expect to happen about now. Just pencil it all in and keep an eraser handy. The CCMDL draft is still a long ways off, it's pushed back as far back as we can push it, that's when it is. Deep in the preseason after the third games in. So you can get a good long look at all these rookies and FAs and how they adapt and shake out before having to make a final selection.

Holy Crap!!! A Cult Classic Dynasty League Post!!! Just kidding. I didn't even read it yet but I've been watching the draft and already thinking about my strategy.

Whoo Hoo!

I never come in here since football is deep in it's offseason hibernation. I think I've checked for activity in this forum twice since the season ended. Both ties: nothin' Then I make one post and get a reply the same day. That's cool. :headbanger:

This is the way it'll work:

Sometime during training camp, I'll get the urge to go around and wake folks up out of their offseason slumber to make sure that they want to participate again. At that point, I'll need 14 posters saying "I'm still here" if you want to participate again.

Then ... ah... more waiting and observing. I want you to get as much data/research/info/hype as you want by following training camps and watching 3/4 of preseason games before making a choice. We're really delaying this rookie/FA draft for as long as we can.

You have a 22-man roster and you can cut as many players as you want. However many spots you clear, that's how many rounds you draft. Clear two spots-draft two rounds, clear six spots-draft six rounds.

Final roster cuts are the Thursday after week two/before week three's preseason games. Before that though, by the Monday after preseason week two, we have a second check-in. You must have cut at least one player and/or be active in the league forums by that time. It's crucial that by that Monday everyone has checked in a second time so we know that you are around and aware of what's going on. Don't let us get nervous that you've disappeared. Any team still with 22-players on that Monday and who's not got an explanation in the forum explaining why they've made no cuts will look inactive and likely to be quickly replaced. The draft is for both rookies and free agents so whoever gets cut by that Thursday, those players are the pool of players available. If we have to scramble for an emergency replacement owner, the players they cut will also be thrown into the pot. It'll give you three days to go over all your choices.

As soon as the final whistle of the last week three preseason game blows- We START! The 2012 rookie/FA draft timer will be turned on: eight hours. Week one traditionally starts on the Thursday evening after the fourth preseason game. We have eleven days-plenty of time.

Once the draft is over, FCFS opens up for waiver pickups through kickoff week one. Any players cut though at this time will be unavailable until after week one with the first set of waivers. Last season, I allowed a cut player to be immediately picked up in FCFS. Seemed reasonable enough to me but one owner was so upset that he quit the league since I didn't reverse it ... maybe he had a valid point. :dunno:

im back and looking to build off my late season success with the team i did not draft.

look out

As defending league champ, it's only right that I should be here.... :banana:

I'm in and already thinking about who I'm going to take at the 1-2 turn. :pointstosky:

I'm in and already thinking about who I'm going to take at the 1-2 turn. :pointstosky:

<_< Pure luck. That's what I say. ;)

im back and looking to build off my late season success with the team i did not draft.

look out

Hey... didn't you bet me something last year that you would do better than me? <_<

There isn't a 1-2 turn.

You pick last each round.

I will be in this for sure. I wont be cutting much though, since my team is so focking stacked. :headbanger:

Hey... didn't you bet me something last year that you would do better than me? <_<

and i did, some weeks..... :lol:

i don't remember what we bet, sig bet? there was a thread here on it but yes im assuming you won. i know you had the better record but you did insist it was strictly a my team vs yours, how we would have done against each other each week type thing.

and i did, some weeks..... :lol:

i don't remember what we bet, sig bet? there was a thread here on it but yes im assuming you won. i know you had the better record but you did insist it was strictly a my team vs yours, how we would have done against each other each week type thing.

LOL. I can't remember what we bet either. I just remember that you said you would outscore me every week and I think I won hands down. ;)

But now this reminds me of an actual bet I made... I made a sig bet with kilroy that Jabar Gaffney would score about the same fantasy points as MJD for the season....

OH KILROY.... Sig bet!!!!! PM me for the details of bet. :lol:

I'm in for next season.

Can you post the draft order please? Thanks.

Didn't we kick you out of the league? ;)

I'm in for next season.

Can you post the draft order please? Thanks.

Whoever replaces you will draft first. Hth

There isn't a 1-2 turn.

You pick last each round.

Oh, that sucks the BIG ONE!! I'm going to get hosed.... :(

Oh, that sucks the BIG ONE!! I'm going to get hosed.... :(

I pick just before you if that's any consolation.

did we ever come to a conclusion on where TBBOM picks in the draft order?