Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Castillo Shooting Video Released to Public

Yes, it is irrelevant.

Just like it's irrelevant that Kiljoy96 got pulled over and didn't get shot. :thumbsup:

I got pulled over and not shot as a result of my actions. NOT my skin color. That really should not be too difficult to understand.

Irrelevant. I will tell you that regardless of race, if you act the way Kilroy described in his post you aren't getting shot. Cops aren't just walking up to cars, seeing a black person, and shooting them.

that is exactly what happened here

• Like 1

Yes, specific incidents are not relevant. The process he followed to make those incidents go smoothly is not.

Any guesses as to who taught me to interact with the cops this way? My father thats who. If oooonlyyyyy the black community had those to teach their kids.

How many of those 40 times were you black?

A white dude with dreads and baggy clothes driving a piece of sh!t acting like a thug gets treated exactly the same as a black person doing the same. A nicely dressed black person gets treated the same as a nicely dressed white person. Cut the bullsh!t.

Normally I disagree with the BLM protesters, occasionally I think they're overreacting but every once in a long while, such as in regards to Philando Castile, I'm on the same page.

Give me an upstanding, law-abiding black man (or anyone) clearly doing nothing wrong, and see if I don't go to bat for them. What happened here is tragic.

Yes, sometimes black people do have a point, and other times they are 100% right about police shootings. But they spend a lot of capital on garbage like Mike Brown and Eric Garner.

that is exactly what happened here

No, it's not. If I'm that guy in the car, when I am telling the cop that I have a gun I've got my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight. In this case they may have been in sight at the moment he told the cop but clearly he reached for something because otherwise why would the cop repeat twice "don't reach for it" TWICE before panicking and shooting? BTW, go back and watch the video again. The original video was edited. The current video shows the guy in the car handing the cop his papers, so why did he have to reach for something else AFTER telling the cop he had a gun? I'm not excusing the cop here. I think he could have handled this better. But to say this is exactly what Kilroy described is disingenuous.

I got pulled over and not shot as a result of my actions. NOT my skin color. That really should not be too difficult to understand.

You're very naïve if you don't think your chances of getting shot are EXTREMELY lower than a black guy's are. Regardless of behavior. Like Pavlov's dog, cops have it instilled in their brains that blacks are dangerous and are automatically on-edge when approaching them.

Yes, sometimes black people do have a point, and other times they are 100% right about police shootings. But they spend a lot of capital on garbage like Mike Brown and Eric Garner.

I could not agree more with this

Any guesses as to who taught me to interact with the cops this way? My father thats who. If oooonlyyyyy the black community had those to teach their kids.

I don't remember who taught me, but I act the same way when I get pulled over. I think I might have learned it in drivers ed in high school. But it just makes sense. EVERY traffic stop a cop makes could end up with them going home in a body bag. I have one interaction with a cop every 5-10 years. They have 5-10 of those EVERY shift. Do the math. If a black person is scared of a traffic stop that may only happen once in a while, imagine the anxiety cops deal with EVERY day. So putting them at ease should be at the forefront of anyone's mind when they get pulled over regardless of race. But for some reason all these black people who get killed are escalating the situation instead of not letting it become escalated in the first place by acting appropriately.

No, it's not. If I'm that guy in the car, when I am telling the cop that I have a gun I've got my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight. In this case they may have been in sight at the moment he told the cop but clearly he reached for something because otherwise why would the cop repeat twice "don't reach for it" TWICE before panicking and shooting? BTW, go back and watch the video again. The original video was edited. The current video shows the guy in the car handing the cop his papers, so why did he have to reach for something else AFTER telling the cop he had a gun? I'm not excusing the cop here. I think he could have handled this better. But to say this is exactly what Kilroy described is disingenuous.

"License and insurance"; insurance in glove box, license in wallet.

You're very naïve if you don't think your chances of getting shot are EXTREMELY lower than a black guy's are. Regardless of behavior. Like Pavlov's dog, cops have it instilled in their brains that blacks are dangerous and are automatically on-edge when approaching them.

Oh geez I wonder why that could possibly be? Could it be that blacks make up 13% of the population but commit HALF the murders? Or if you want to get more specific. BLACK MEN at 6% of the total overall population commit the majority of the murders stemming from the black community.

"License and insurance"; insurance in glove box, license in wallet.

Maybe. But again, if I'm telling a cop I have a gun I'm not doing it while simultaneously reaching for my wallet. That's rarely going to end well.

I don't remember who taught me, but I act the same way when I get pulled over. I think I might have learned it in drivers ed in high school. But it just makes sense. EVERY traffic stop a cop makes could end up with them going home in a body bag. I have one interaction with a cop every 5-10 years. They have 5-10 of those EVERY shift. Do the math. If a black person is scared of a traffic stop that may only happen once in a while, imagine the anxiety cops deal with EVERY day. So putting them at ease should be at the forefront of anyone's mind when they get pulled over regardless of race. But for some reason all these black people who get killed are escalating the situation instead of not letting it become escalated in the first place by acting appropriately.

Well now you are just talking stupid shitt. Personal responsibility and such.

Maybe. But again, if I'm telling a cop I have a gun I'm not doing it while simultaneously reaching for my wallet. That's rarely going to end well.

I agree, but it's pretty easy to say in hindsight. He told the cop he had a weapon, so he may have felt that he was safe reaching for the license that had been requested. I'm sure he'd take a mulligan on it given the chance.

I agree, but it's pretty easy to say in hindsight. He told the cop he had a weapon, so he may have felt that he was safe reaching for the license that had been requested. I'm sure he'd take a mulligan on it given the chance.

Probably. I think this could have been handled better on both sides.

Oh geez I wonder why that could possibly be? Could it be that blacks make up 13% of the population but commit HALF the murders? Or if you want to get more specific. BLACK MEN at 6% of the total overall population commit the majority of the murders stemming from the black community.

:golf clap:

You finally figured it out. No one is arguing why. But you claiming you were never shot because you never did anything to warrant it. You would be alive if you did the exact same things that Castillo did with the exact same cop.

He owned the gun legally.... you can't say you can own and possess a gun legally but give 10 million nuances and unwritten rules

He announced he had a firearm and followed orders

End of story

He owned the gun legally.... you can't say you can own and possess a gun legally but give 10 million nuances and unwritten rules

He announced he had a firearm and followed orders

End of story

No, the end of the story is a dead black man. And that's likely what will happen to the next person who reaches in to their pants immediately after telling a cop they have a gun. So, you can try to learn something from this incident or you can just let that man die for nothing. Either way, I don't care.

No, the end of the story is a dead black man. And that's likely what will happen to the next person who reaches in to their pants immediately after telling a cop they have a gun. So, you can try to learn something from this incident or you can just let that man die for nothing. Either way, I don't care.

ROFL. Even with video, there's always a few racist ass holes who will always claim it's the black guy's fault. :doh:

I could not agree more with this

Yep. I'm with Hardcore Dumbledore on this one as well.

The split becomes....one faction seemingly gets hyper focused on specific instances where a group is misguided, and uses that as permission to tune out and dismiss the whole......the other faction dismisses those specific instances of being misguided, and chooses to focus on the big picture societal issue at hand.

It's human nature. Everyone has the same ability within them depending on the issue being broached.

Irrelevant. I will tell you that regardless of race, if you act the way Kilroy described in his post you aren't getting shot. Cops aren't just walking up to cars, seeing a black person, and shooting them.

I am as white and preppy as they come.

My father taught me that when pulled over, you roll down the window, turn off the stereo, and put your hands on the wheel.

Do nothing until explicitly asked to. Announce every movement in advance. Yes officer. Thank you officer. Have a good day officer.

That's how you avoid getting shot.

To expound on HT's point of the ridiculousness of some of the people BLM claim were murdered, go look at their list of demands.

Reparations, demilitarizing of police, retroactive decriminalization of offenses drug related, prostitution related, etc....

:wacko:

To expound on HT's point of the ridiculousness of some of the people BLM claim were murdered, go look at their list of demands.

Reparations, demilitarizing of police, retroactive decriminalization of offenses drug related, prostitution related, etc....

:wacko:

Reparations and demilitarization are absurd. Non focking starters.

Retroactive decriminalizaion of minor weed offenses and prostitution I have no problem with.

Harder drugs tough sh!t. Although I'm willing to look into the sentences of crack vs. other hard drugs and adjust.

Of course, out for profit prison and scam "probation" systems would never allow it. Both systems should be utterly destroyed.

Reparations and demilitarization are absurd. Non focking starters.

Retroactive decriminalizaion of minor weed offenses and prostitution I have no problem with.

Harder drugs tough sh!t. Although I'm willing to look into the sentences of crack vs. other hard drugs and adjust.

Of course, out for profit prison and scam "probation" systems would never allow it. Both systems should be utterly destroyed.

The private prison complex has lots of Wall Street money behind it. Their stocks went way up when Trump won. They aren't going anywhere for the time being. And

let's face it, unless these prisoners start dying or getting tortured in these prisons no one is going to really care. I find it hard to believe this was ever allowed in the first place.

The private prison complex has lots of Wall Street money behind it. Their stocks went way up when Trump won. They aren't going anywhere for the time being. And

let's face it, unless these prisoners start dying or getting tortured in these prisons no one is going to really care. I find it hard to believe this was ever allowed in the first place.

Me too. Military and justice are the two core functions of the government. We have allowed privatization of both to varying degrees.

Absurd

Me too. Military and justice are the two core functions of the government. We have allowed privatization of both to varying degrees.

Absurd

While privitization of the military went too far, it is necessary to an extent.

Especially when it comes to technical jobs.

While privitization of the military went too far, it is necessary to an extent.

Especially when it comes to technical jobs.

Sure. That I can see. They need scientists and whatnot that don't wish to actually enlist. I get that. But dudes carrying guns? No.

Yeah it's a shame that little girl isn't going to have a father to teach her how to behave when pulled over. Damned inconvenient the cops shot him.

Yeah it's a shame that little girl isn't going to have a father to teach her how to behave when pulled over. Damned inconvenient the cops shot him.

You think she needs another lesson on that topic? I'd say she got the idea.

You think she needs another lesson on that topic? I'd say she got the idea.

😉 No wonder 'they' take the bus so much.

I am as white and preppy as they come.

My father taught me that when pulled over, you roll down the window, turn off the stereo, and put your hands on the wheel.

Do nothing until explicitly asked to. Announce every movement in advance. Yes officer. Thank you officer. Have a good day officer.

That's how you avoid getting shot.

How hard is that crap? I mean really? There is a sop for being pulled over. You do everything you can to put the cop at ease.

Would not have worked in this case though. As soon as the officer heard gun his mind flipped and went into defense mode.

My thing is. Who that intends to shoot you tells you they are armed. Is this the wild west. Are we gonna duel at noon? If some is telling you they are armed that should make you feel better as a cop.

How hard is that crap? I mean really? There is a sop for being pulled over. You do everything you can to put the cop at ease.

Would not have worked in this case though. As soon as the officer heard gun his mind flipped and went into defense mode.

My thing is. Who that intends to shoot you tells you they are armed. Is this the wild west. Are we gonna duel at noon? If some is telling you they are armed that should make you feel better as a cop.

This case is a really sh!tty situation.

Clearly the guy should never have been given a gun and a badge. He panicked and a man died for it.

There is no way to do justice here. Putting that guy in prison for years won't bring the dead man back. But still, he accepted the burden of being a cop, and there are consequences to focking up like that.

I certainly understand why people are outraged over this one. If that guy had been my son, and the cop walked, the cop better run far and fast.

Talking about yourself in a third person sense is annoying.

You should ALWAYS be calm when pulled over by authorities. As you say they have the power and that's that. Just listen to them, do exactly what you're told and take the ticket if you get one.

What do most of these unarmed (or in this case armed) shootings have in common? Someone escalating the situation and catching an attitude with someone who can send you to prison or the morgue.

What are you talking about? When I was talking about me I used the word I. I was responding to the people who questioned how the woman in the car remained so calm, not discussing how you should behave in the presence of a police officer. It's common sense and part of respect for authority that you treat a police officer with reverence and follow directions. In the video did you hear the victim act or speak disrespectfully to the police officer? (I didn't see it)
  • Like 1

What are you talking about? When I was talking about me I used the word I. I was responding to the people who questioned how the woman in the car remained so calm, not discussing how you should behave in the presence of s police officer. It's common sense and part of respect for authority that you treat a police officer with reverence and follow directions. In the video did you hear the victim act or speak disrespectfully to the police officer? (I didn't see it)

when I saw his post, I reread yours 3 times trying to figure out what he was talking about. I think it's just a matter of him not being intelligent enough to know what speaking in the third person means.

What are you talking about? When I was talking about me I used the word I. I was responding to the people who questioned how the woman in the car remained so calm, not discussing how you should behave in the presence of a police officer. It's common sense and part of respect for authority that you treat a police officer with reverence and follow directions. In the video did you hear the victim act or speak disrespectfully to the police officer? (I didn't see it)

I don't think you'd have any trouble convicting this guy in a jury of geeks. Seems fairly general agreement the officer focked up huge.

I don't think you'd have any trouble convicting this guy in a jury of geeks. Seems fairly general agreement the officer focked up huge.

pretty much

Using the word you isn't third person, btw.

Lol @ Strike and drobs. Some people will defend anything.