Sign in to follow this  
Gipaldo

Serious lack of TE's this year? I'm hurting...

Play in a 12 team league, I drafted Doyle who has been injured most of the season. Even if/when he comes back, Ebron has been playing so well I'm not even sure how reliable he would be. Picked up ASJ, who also hasn't done much filling in for Doyle, but was just placed on IR. I have decent depth at both RB and WR, but anyone in the league with two decent TE's isn't interested in trading.

Any suggestions? Anyone else feeling the TE blues this year?

The current top 10 available on waivers in my league

Jesse James

O.J. Howard-Injured

Mark Andrews

Rhett Ellison,

Ricky Seals-Jones,

Josh Hill,

C.J. Uzomah

Evan Engram,

Virgil Green

Maxx Williams,

Howard or Engram.

On that list get Engram ASAP.

Going for Brate this week. Musical bums every week. Vance did nothing, dropping that bum. Everyone but the top few are just dart throws.

Engram, like now.

OJ Howard would be next on the list...but...Winston loves him some Brate

I think i would go James after that. But Engram is a mile better than the other options.

Is Olsen on your wire? Lots of leagues dropped him when he broke his foot, but he appears likely to play in the next few weeks.

Otherwise, Engram > Howard > RSJ and ignore the rest.

Missed Brate, might have to roll the dice on Vance again. Howard is on the wire but hes out at least another week, prob more, not sure why people so hot to pick him up. Cant afford to stash him yet.

Read that Olsen will need surgery after the season.

Just don’t see how any one could trust him.

Thanks.

Jesse James is worth a hold for when Mcdonald inevitably gets hurt.

Why in the world would you waste a roster spot -- holding onto a worthless TE like James -- while waiting for an injury like hes some stud RB handcuff? James is not someone I would ever recommend to anyone, with or without McDonald in the picture.

The obvious standouts are Engram & Howard.

Why in the world would you waste a roster spot -- holding onto a worthless TE like James -- while waiting for an injury like hes some stud RB handcuff? James is not someone I would ever recommmed to anyone, with or without McDonald in the picture.

Agree on James, agree Engram is the obvious pickup. Howard though is still out at LEAST 1-2 more games and was only getting a few targets a game during the best run in QB history to start a season.

Why in the world would you waste a roster spot -- holding onto a worthless TE like James -- while waiting for an injury like hes some stud RB handcuff? James is not someone I would ever recommmed to anyone, with or without McDonald in the picture.

Well I guess I was thinking larger rosters. I am holding James in a dynasty since Howard was out for me.

I agree on Uzomah.

I dropped Howard for Mcdonald in redraft. Brate will be Winston's preferred target at tight end, so he isn't very valuable in redraft imo.

Immediately stop reading these posts and go grab engram before the ten year olds in your league figure it out

Put in the request for Engram and landed him on waivers last night. Problem is, he is on a short week with a Thurs game and still Q to play, leaving me yet again with no tight end. Glad I got him for the rest of the season, but still hurting this year.

Might drop Doyle for Uzomah for the week and then just ride Engram rest of the season once back and healthy

Niles Paul.

he saw 9 targets in the second half after the starter got hurt. starter is out til week 11

Put in the request for Engram and landed him on waivers last night. Problem is, he is on a short week with a Thurs game and still Q to play, leaving me yet again with no tight end. Glad I got him for the rest of the season, but still hurting this year.

Might drop Doyle for Uzomah for the week and then just ride Engram rest of the season once back and healthy

Good plan. I also saw Vernon Davis got time, wondering if Reed got hurt (again).

I scooped up Kittle earlier after he started slow and was dropped. Next week he went off. Last night I plucked Olsen off WW because apparently nobody was looking. :dunno: I went from having NOTHING starting Njoku to Kittle/Olsen...wtf?

Niles Paul.

he saw 9 targets in the second half after the starter got hurt. starter is out til week 11

Shhhhhhhh....

Niles Paul.

Picked him up just now, expecting goose egg as usual feom all my weekly sure things.

Engram has been ruled out for Thursday night. Drop Doyle and grab Uzomah as fast as you can. Play the matchups with Uzo and Engram the rest of the way and you should be fine.

Engram has been ruled out for Thursday night. Drop Doyle and grab Uzomah as fast as you can. Play the matchups with Uzo and Engram the rest of the way and you should be fine.

To be fair, Uzomah has done absolutely nothing all year and hype for him is nothing but speculation at this point.

To be fair, Uzomah has done absolutely nothing all year and hype for him is nothing but speculation at this point.

Absolutely true. It is a fact though, that he is now the #1 TE on an offense that is playing well. With the void of players available at the position that makes him a solid add IMO.

Absolutely true. It is a fact though, that he is now the #1 TE on an offense that is playing well. With the void of players available at the position that makes him a solid add IMO.

Oh I didn’t see Kroft got hurt. That makes it a lot better.

TE is always pretty lacking of depth.

There's a few gouys worth having and past that you're bascially scavenging the WW and playing TD roulette.

That said, Engram is one of the few TEs worth having when healthy.

He's out this week due to a short week, thursday game.

He should be back next week.

Stash him on your bench.

I picked up Niles Paul but might drop him for Uzomah. Im confident either way Ill pick wrong so it doesnt really matter.

Uzomah

But after this week I really like the Cowboys TE As the true sleeper. (Rookie SWAIM)

OJ Howard (who I have) is active and expected to start in his normal role, vs. the Falcons terrible defense. I picked up Niles Paul. Who should I start? I think Howard coming off an MCL strain in his knee needs a week or 2 more to get back so I have N Paul starting in there right now, have to decide soon.