• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lamb of God

Lamb of God

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:56 PM

I have 63$ left in my faab account. Flacco is my qb now and Im thinking Winston as my #1 was claim. How much would u wager? Right now Im in for 15$ but also have claims in for some other guys but hes my first choice to get me set at qb as thats my gaping hole in my lineup right now.

#2 mark32esu

mark32esu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

You won’t be eating many Ws relying on Winston, he’s a terrible quarterback.

#3 Lamb of God

Lamb of God

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

So if I’m reading into your amazing reply I should keep Flacco?

#4 TennisMenace

TennisMenace

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

I happen to think Winston is a great pickup.
1. Loves to throw
2. Great toys to throw to
3. Little running game
4. Horrible defense, so playing from behind a lot
5. Loves to scramble, especially for tds.
6. Great schedule

I’m all in on JW. But I don’t know how much he is worth to you, can’t answer that one. Sorry.
2018 .5 PPR, 10 team. Flex:w/r/t

4-3
QB: MRyan, JWinston
RB: MMack, JWhite, CThompson, NChubb, MBreida, and The Duke
WR: OBJ, Hopkins, Golladay, TQ Smith
TE: Ertz
D: Chiefs (stream)
K: Zuerlien

#5 TennisMenace

TennisMenace

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

I disagree.
2018 .5 PPR, 10 team. Flex:w/r/t

4-3
QB: MRyan, JWinston
RB: MMack, JWhite, CThompson, NChubb, MBreida, and The Duke
WR: OBJ, Hopkins, Golladay, TQ Smith
TE: Ertz
D: Chiefs (stream)
K: Zuerlien

#6 Einstein's Dog

Einstein's Dog

FF Geek

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:42 PM

Get Winston.  The starter in Tampa is better than Flacco.  Get Winston and start him immediately against Atlanta.

I'm thinking your $15 should do it.  It seems like you're in at least a 12 man league (if you're down to starting Flacco).  Looks like you probably had about $100 FAABs to start.  

Look at the other teams who need a QB and how much they have left to spend.  Also look at how much Fitz went for when he was acquired. 

If your missing piece is QB, don't let Winston slide by, you will regret it.  Winston will get you Fitz type numbers, the situation is the same - bad D, bad running game, multiple receiving weapons.  Shoot outs are on the way.

#7 mark32esu

mark32esu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:52 PM

He’s Black Bortles but with better weapons and less productivity. He had these same weapons last year and didn’t do much on a consistent fantasy basis. Everything you’re all sayin was supposed to happen last season too.

#8 Lamb of God

Lamb of God

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Get Winston.  The starter in Tampa is better than Flacco.  Get Winston and start him immediately against Atlanta.

I'm thinking your $15 should do it.  It seems like you're in at least a 12 man league (if you're down to starting Flacco).  Looks like you probably had about $100 FAABs to start.  

Look at the other teams who need a QB and how much they have left to spend.  Also look at how much Fitz went for when he was acquired. 

If your missing piece is QB, don't let Winston slide by, you will regret it.  Winston will get you Fitz type numbers, the situation is the same - bad D, bad running game, multiple receiving weapons.  Shoot outs are on the way.

I did just this and looked at all the teams and only one team may need a qb and he has dalton and tanahill so I upped my faab to 20$ and yes its a 12 man league with luckily the guys on bye those teams have legit backups so they prob wont bid. I need this guy for my team so Im willing to bid prob higher than most but if I get him Ill be set at qb with his bye week behind. Thats my thinking anyway

#9 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,026 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:21 PM

He’s Black Bortles but with better weapons and less productivity. He had these same weapons last year and didn’t do much on a consistent fantasy basis. Everything you’re all sayin was supposed to happen last season too.

you should try pulling stuff out of your ass more.  Look up the consistency ranks on this very website for last year and you will discover that Winston was the 5th most consistent QB.  Whatever formula ESPN uses has him lower be he's still top 12.  Guy was like QB8 in the games he played last year.  I'm all-in on Winston.  

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#10 pee-diddy

pee-diddy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:12 PM

Some geeks on this site swear by FFIndex (mag) and FWIW they had him ranked at the #3 QB this season. I agree that I think he's going to be a hog for reasons already mentioned above. Grab him.

#11 rallo

rallo

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:22 AM

He is going to eat in garbage time... he could be top 10 rest of the way if he could limit TOs... although that has been a concern his entire career

shark-NATE-o
12 Team Redraft

A. Luck

M. Ingram, J. Stewart, J. Bell, D. McFadden, K. Davis
J. Jones, A. Johnson, M. Evans, T. Williams, E. Royal
D. Walker
D. Bailey

Detroit

#12 TBayXXXVII

TBayXXXVII

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

Over their last 46 games (Winston's whole career), this is the number of times each of these QB have recorded at least 16 fantasy points....

• Luck - 37
  • Stafford - 33
  • Winston - 30
  • Newton - 30
  • Wilson - 29
  • Flacco - 19

Most of those guys, historically, will have higher ceilings... but they also have fairly similar floors.  If you're looking for a backup, Winston is about the best/safest you could ask for.