Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

New Study: Climate Change report from the White House

I'm not a scientist but I do possess common sense.

I'm going to assume man is "creating" by way of living here on earth a negative impact on the environment. Seems to pass the logical smell test. With that said, we really don't know how much exactly, and I sure as hell am not for disrupting our (USA) economy when places like India and China are the main pollutants of the Earth.

:dunno:

Per capita the US produces double China and nearly 12 times what India does. And your "we don't know how much exactly" is being borders on being intentionally obtuse.

Per capita the US produces double China and nearly 12 times what India does.

Link?

Thank you sir...

You are welcome, I have no problem linking to NEW information that hasn't been linked on this site multiple times before, in case you are wondering why I didn't follow up the earlier request.

Thank you for having actual links and data to support your position, that is much appreciated :thumbsup:

China produces like 1/3 of the worlds pollution. :doh:

And yet, they only have double the emissions of the US. I'm definitely leaning that you are being intentionally obtuse on this subject.

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - "CO2 time series 1990-2015 per region/country". Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency.

China 10,432,751

United States 5,011,687

Thank you for having actual links and data to support your position, that is much appreciated :thumbsup:

Enjoy...now I got to get back to makin' the donuts.

Maybe you two should read the report, because the harms to the poorest people are quite a bit greater if global warming continues, and one of the biggest conclusions of the report is the trillions that will be lost because of warming.

Maybe you should read the report on global cooling.

You are welcome, I have no problem linking to NEW information that hasn't been linked on this site multiple times before, in case you are wondering why I didn't follow up the earlier request.

No problem... I just don't remember seeing the debunking links... Of course I might have and just don't remember either...

I thought this thread was about Global Warming and the Environment. Honcho's link is crap. That's Co2 emmissions which is but one variable in pollution. He quickly googled some random link. :lol: And then quantified by "per capita".

Every year Yale (and others) puts out an Environmental Performance Index (EPI). The EPI is "a method of quantifying and numerically marking the environmental performance of a state's policies" This is what the United Nations uses as a the major indicator for pollution per country.

The 2018 Environmental Performance Index (EPI) ranks 180 countries on 24 performance indicators across ten issue categories covering environmental health and ecosystem vitality. These metrics provide a gauge at a national scale of how close countries are to established environmental policy goals.

Here is 2018's list:

https://epi.envirocenter.yale.edu/epi-topline?country=&order=field_epi_rank_new&sort=desc

Again, like I said previously.....I'm all for lowering the USA's pollution (who doesn't like clean air?), but not at the expense of our economy when the USA is but one country even if we went ALL CLEAN somehow it'd be a drop in the bucket. I don't agree with Trump that it's not even an issue, but China and India need to get on board or else it's fruitless.

And yet, they only have double the emissions of the US. I'm definitely leaning that you are being intentionally obtuse on this subject.

ONLY he says.

Tell you what; get China in line and we'll talk about the U.S. doing MORE for this effort. Until then, it's a garbage proposition.

The Paris Agreement was the Worst Deal In History: $1.5 Trillion A Year To Reduce Global Warming By 0.048°C

Even if every nation in the world adheres to its climate change commitments by 2030 the only difference it will make to “global warming” by the end of this century will be to reduce the world’s temperatures by 0.048°C (0.086°F).

That’s 1/20th of a degree C.

Earlier this year, Climate Change Business Journal calculated that the annual cost of the global warming industry is $1.5 trillion.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/10/cost-climate-change-1-5-trillion-year-reduce-global-warming-0-048c/

The Paris agreement allows China to increase their carbon emissions until 2030. The United States has to cut emissions between 26 and 28 percent compared with 2005 levels by 2025.

As of 2015 Chinas CO2 emissions were more than twice the emissions of the USA.

https://en.m.wikiped...oxide_emissions

The Paris Agreement was the Worst Deal In History: $1.5 Trillion A Year To Reduce Global Warming By 0.048°C

Even if every nation in the world adheres to its climate change commitments by 2030 the only difference it will make to “global warming” by the end of this century will be to reduce the world’s temperatures by 0.048°C (0.086°F).

That’s 1/20th of a degree C.

Earlier this year, Climate Change Business Journal calculated that the annual cost of the global warming industry is $1.5 trillion.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/10/cost-climate-change-1-5-trillion-year-reduce-global-warming-0-048c/

The Paris agreement allows China to increase their carbon emissions until 2030. The United States has to cut emissions between 26 and 28 percent compared with 2005 levels by 2025.

As of 2015 Chinas CO2 emissions were more than twice the emissions of the USA.

https://en.m.wikiped...oxide_emissions

These weather/climate groupies are so arrogant thinking that people's actions on this earth are affecting climate to any noticeable degree.

I have an idea:

Maybe if everyone in the world were to be coordinated to run in the same direction at the same time we can spin the world backwards and go back in time.

What if the Earth is supposed to be warmer, and we are just helping it get to the correct temperature?

Its a great argument, but I guess people are just assuming negative outcomes for humans so they want to keep it like it is right now, social change = just find, environmental change = horror show....

What if the Earth is supposed to be warmer, and we are just helping it get to the correct temperature?

I wonder if the earth ever got warmer and colder prior to Al Gore's existence? I'm starting to think given all this incredible data these weather scientists are turning up if there actually ever was and ice age? And if there was one, why didn't it stick around forever? That damn automobile invention.

• Like 1

I miss the days where environmental concern were things that actually matter like air pollution, cleaning up the oceans, toxic waste etc. Those are things that we can control and make a difference.

• Like 1

China produces like 1/3 of the worlds pollution. :doh:

So even though the US produces a lot as well, do you think is there is no benefit to us leading the way in environmental initiatives?

Im not saying getting China and India (and the rest of the world) on board isnt important, but we can still make an impact while trying to convince others to join in. Like a CBF starting a diet, its better to cut some calories than give up because its impossible to reach the goal weight immediately.

Also, why are people convinced green initiatives will ruin the economy? Certainly some sectors will lose jobs and money (petrochemicals), but why cant those be offset by more environmentally friendly businesses and savings from the negative impacts of climate change?

You can’t sustain a planet of 8 billion, soon 9, without polluting and slowly decaying the environment. It’s the price of progress.

there is no room for pilfering of the treasury in this scenario so please stop with that insanity

You can’t sustain a planet of 8 billion, soon 9, without polluting and slowly decaying the environment. It’s the price of progress.

No one is suggesting eliminating pollution altogether.

The planet is around 7.2 billion...

No one is suggesting eliminating pollution altogether.

No but it's been acknowledged that the premise of the Global Warming 'Crisis' was to destroy capitalism.

So even though the US produces a lot as well, do you think is there is no benefit to us leading the way in environmental initiatives?

Im not saying getting China and India (and the rest of the world) on board isnt important, but we can still make an impact while trying to convince others to join in. Like a CBF starting a diet, its better to cut some calories than give up because its impossible to reach the goal weight immediately.

Also, why are people convinced green initiatives will ruin the economy? Certainly some sectors will lose jobs and money (petrochemicals), but why cant those be offset by more environmentally friendly businesses and savings from the negative impacts of climate change?

We are leading the way in environmental issues, we didn’t need an agreement. The Paris Agreement was nothing more than a power and money grab and Obama’s tool toward worldwide wealth redistribution.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, back in reality..........Florida freezing, record cold November in several cities.

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/2018-11-27-winter-misery-index-awssi-extreme-start-november-2018

The weather mob has this covered. They first started out on global cooling many years back. Then started throwing out global climate disruption, global warming, and global climate destabilization.

So if anyone logically refutes what they spew, they add another term to broaden their push. Whatever gets them more $$

• Like 1

Global warming aside, weather and the climate are not the same thing. HTH.

Riddle me this Batman; then why do they blame the hurricanes on global warming/climate change? :doh:

Riddle me this Batman; then why do they blame the hurricanes on global warming/climate change? :doh:

Because a warmer ocean creates more powerful tropical storms?

Because a warmer ocean creates more powerful tropical storms?

We've got a real Jim Cantore on our forum fellas. Stand back and let him school us with his vast knowledge of Earth science!

• Like 1

The weather mob has this covered. They first started out on global cooling many years back. Then started throwing out global climate disruption, global warming, and global climate destabilization.

So if anyone logically refutes what they spew, they add another term to broaden their push. Whatever gets them more $$

at some point, they're just going to call it "Global" so they won't have to add terms anymore.

"Hey, the earth is warming/cooling/stable because of GLOBAL!!!"