Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Harvin

What can we expect from a healthy Harvin with an improving Russell Wilson throwing the rock? Homers please chime in!!

I generally have zero faith in him. If he falls I'd draft him but the guy is notorious for playing when he wants to.

In MINN he had "migraines" then the MINN medical staff feared he had a brain tumor and suddenly what do you know his migraines go away.

Goes to Seattle can't seem to play all year but made sure to play against MINN and in the Superbowl.

Bottom line he plays when he wants to play. I'd avoid him at all costs unless he falls to you where he's BPA.

Just checked adp and he's about the 20th receiver off the board. IMO that's great value. He could be a steal this year now that he's healthy.

I generally have zero faith in him. If he falls I'd draft him but the guy is notorious for playing when he wants to.

In MINN he had "migraines" then the MINN medical staff feared he had a brain tumor and suddenly what do you know his migraines go away.

Goes to Seattle can't seem to play all year but made sure to play against MINN and in the Superbowl.

Bottom line he plays when he wants to play. I'd avoid him at all costs unless he falls to you where he's BPA.

Are you serious?

I don't think Seattle will let this happen. My only concern is health.

Are you serious?

LOL.....that was a tough evaluation!!

Oft-injured (and that's an understatement) and plays in a conservative, run first offense

Harvin's talent is undeniable but otherwise I am not seeing a lot to like :dunno:

• Like 1

How can you trust him as a starter ? . He plays for a run first offensive and he can't ever seem to stay healthy .

I predict that Seattle will no longer be considered a run-first offense after this year, and Wilson will be considered a top--shelf fantasy QB.

I don't think Seattle will let this happen. My only concern is health.

LOL.....that was a tough evaluation!!

Look, migraines are real and no joke. I've had them. It's debilitating. Harvin has them bad, and it's a tough thing to solve. He's goin a way to treat it finally, but it's not some easy fix for some people.

And the other comment made was silly too. The guy was recovering from hip surgery.

I'd never draft Harvin, but the issues he's had are real.

For everyone saying Seattle is a run first offense this is true but when has Minnesota been any different? Even with favre it was still AP first. And his best year came on the season after Favre retired. Seattle's play calling should have no affect on his value it's just a matter of staying on the field.

• Like 1

Oft-injured (and that's an understatement) and plays in a conservative, run first offense

Harvin's talent is undeniable but otherwise I am not seeing a lot to like :dunno:

I think the way the seattle offense played this preseason, along with wilsons maturation, it seems like an offense that will make another step forward. If he is their #1 option and healthy, he could be in for one hell of a season.

I think the way the seattle offense played this preseason, along with wilsons maturation, it seems like an offense that will make another step forward. If he is their #1 option and healthy, he could be in for one hell of a season.

I agree. If you can snag him as a 3rd WR there's A LOT to like.

There's some truth to this. Percy has always flashed talent, but in his contract year dude was MVP the first half of the year. Played much more aggressively. Showed a real nasty streak. Lowered his shoulder and took guys on. If he plays like that, dude is top 5....easy. If not, he's got enough talent to make plays here and there, but won't be the dominant player he could be.

And I agree with FBN. I don't think SEA will remain status quo on offense. I think they open it up a little more in the passing game this year.

I agree. If you can snag him as a 3rd WR there's A LOT to like.

As a 3rd WR, sure. But he's typically being drafted as a 2. And he may pan out but basically you're hoping that he stays healthy AND that Seattle becomes more of a passing team. Each could happen but those are a couple big gambles

As a 3rd WR, sure. But he's typically being drafted as a 2. And he may pan out but basically you're hoping that he stays healthy AND that Seattle becomes more of a passing team. Each could happen but those are a couple big gambles

Again, I don't understand your point about Seattle having to become a more passing team. Harvins career year in 2011 Mcnabb and Ponder combined for less than 3000 passing yards. Harvin is an offensive weapon he just needs to be on the field.

I think he'll end the season as a top 5 fantasy WR.

top 5 for the Seahawks? YES :thumbsup:

top 5 in NFC West? POSSIBLY. :dunno:

top 5 in the NFC? bwahahahaha :lol:

top 5 in the entire league? HELL NO, and that's a :lock:

In response to the NFL's change to a more pass oriented league, my league's make-up puts added emphasis on WRs.

As a result, I went WR-heavy with my draft. I have Harvin as my no. 3 behind Dez and Julio. I think he can do some things in that role. We'll see.

he'll lead all WR's in rushing yards - and real shot at 1000 receiving. 10 TD's would be my guess. Top 5.

Seattle is planning on abusing him (in a good way, in terms of usage). As long as the wheels don't fall off this horse, he's a great WR2 and unreal WR3.

he'll lead all WR's in rushing yards - and real shot at 1000 receiving. 10 TD's would be my guess. Top 5.

Seattle is planning on abusing him (in a good way, in terms of usage). As long as the wheels don't fall off this horse, he's a great WR2 and unreal WR3.

If he only gets 1000 and 10 he will need some serious rushing totals to get to top 5 status. That puts him at 160 points in a standard league which was good for beating out Pierre Garcon for 14th place last year. I like his upside, but he really needs targets to get to WR1 status. I have him as a WR3 in 2 leagues, and I would say he easily surpasses that level. (if he avoids the migraines and mary jane)

If healthy.......Rock solid WR2 with WR1 upside.

I hope they abuse him in a bad way too :ninja:

Harvin, I think it would be best described, as suffering from little man syndrom.

He thinks he is as bell cow RB like a Adrian Peterson, and plays the game as such.

Which is awesome and make him the value you want to have on your roster.

But in fact he is a danty WR and will have problems staying healthy for a full season.

This is the only reason to be reserved about picking him up. Of taking him as a WR3 or WR4.

What I do not get in this thread is the notion that he plays when he wants to. I have only ever heard this descibed of Moss (recall that was due to his frustration with how Culpepper failed to scan the entire field.).

The only knock that is Harvin is the last half of his last season with the Vikings. Lot of this had to do with what there was for QB's, Ponder and their offense.

Talent wise, combined with coaching ability in Seatle. I see no problem his getting yards and scores.

Only concern, in a ppr sense, is if he is used in some sort of limited role (e.g. equivalent to a third down back), In an effort to have him available for an entire season. Which come to think of it, would be the best way to maximize his talent,

oft injured tag is not accurate. He missed 3 games in Minny with migraines (sleep apnea diagnosed, and took care of problem), before he had the serious injury 2 season ago vs Seattle which ended his MVP run that year. I expect he gets 2-4 rush attempts per game - with some goal line work. Avg 7-9 yards per. so 350-400 yrds rushing with 3-5 TD's.

I'm a Seattle homer, and have been following them close this offseason. Boys - if he stays healthy he's bonafide WR1.

Harvin is a lottery ticket - and although I don't know if he's a winning ticket, i do know you have to buy and hit on guys like this to win a league.

• Like 1

Harvin is a lottery ticket - and although I don't know if he's a winning ticket, i do know you have to buy and hit on guys like this to win a league.

This describes the situation perfectly :pointstosky:

• Like 1

I think he is undervalued because of all the concerns above, he has been relatively cheap in auctions this summer.

That said our Offensive line is horrid, Wilson has a real chance of being killed this year. The pass rush from the other NFC teams is vicious...I am legitametly terrified the Rams Defensive Line kills a QB this year. Please god let it not be Saint Russel. :shocking:

Noob - what makes you think the line is any worse than last year? I don't feel the same as you - Sweezy and Carp are both better than a year ago. Okung needs to shake some rust, Unger is solid, and Britt just became the reason Eric Winston got let go.

Harvin back to practice today - flying around as ususal. Look for him on some sweep plays early on Thursday along with Lynch up the gut to slow down the outside speed rush of the Packers

I personally wouldn't draft him unless he fell another 2-3 rounds.

I have no faith in his ability to stay healthy.

He seems like more of a gimmick WR than a pure volume type of guy. Too streaky for my taste.

I think i can pick him up as a WR3......I actually don't feel confident drafting him as a WR2. His health is a MAJOR concern but his potential to blow up is through the roof!

Everybody sleeps on this guy. I swear most people have never actually watched him in a game.

His injury concern is overblown too.

I just swapped Gore and Stacy for Bush and Harvin to shore up my WR3 sport and I couldn't be happier.

Everybody sleeps on this guy. I swear most people have never actually watched him in a game.

His injury concern is overblown too.

I just swapped Gore and Stacy for Bush and Harvin to shore up my WR3 sport and I couldn't be happier.

I love harvin as much as the next delusional harvin fanatic, but to say injury prone is inaccurate is wrong.

I bought into it this year...he is my WR3 and hope he produces. If he can stay healthy, the potential is there...and he had a solid (for him) pre-season

12 team league start 3 WR

I'm trotting him out with Dez and Cruz...ahead of Amendola and Reggie Wayne

There aren't many WR's that are going ~5th round or later that can blowup into the top 10. I think Harvin, Maclin and Crabtree have that ability. Talented No.1 WR's in a decent enough situation to prosper.

I targeted Brown, Garcon and Gordon for exactly that reason last year and that worked out better than I could have possibly imagined. The only difference is this 2014 group is more injury prone so there's a little greater risk.

I love harvin as much as the next delusional harvin fanatic, but to say injury prone is inaccurate is wrong.

I didn't say inaccurate, I said overblown.

As in there is no evidence that this guy's body is any more likely to give out on him than any other player in the league's body.

He has an injury history. Every player is prone to injury in the world's most violent sport.

Noob - what makes you think the line is any worse than last year? I don't feel the same as you - Sweezy and Carp are both better than a year ago. Okung needs to shake some rust, Unger is solid, and Britt just became the reason Eric Winston got let go.

Harvin back to practice today - flying around as ususal. Look for him on some sweep plays early on Thursday along with Lynch up the gut to slow down the outside speed rush of the Packers

Sweezy hit the weight room this offseason and won't be as bullied by the DL of the NFC West this year. Cool. I like it.

Carpenter has been a colossal bust in every sense thus far, so if a serviceable season is had from Carpenter, praise Jesus.

Okung is still limping badly as of today. There is zero chance "gimpy" gets resigned after this year. He's got tons of talent, but he just can't function.

Unger was playing with one arm last year, so he will be fine this year.

I have no idea why Winston got cut. Britt is the worst pass blocking OT in the league going by camp and preseason stats/observations. He will end up getting Wilson killed. Yet, Winston, who has some clue at zone pass blocking, gets cut. I suspect Tom Cable is a mole sent to get Wilson decapitated. Why else would every single OL pick he coerced early in a draft been a complete and utter bust?

And the backups are severely lacking.

Oh, yeah. Harvin will get tons of balls in space, the offense is built around him, and he will be a tremendous asset.