Sign in to follow this  
BREWSTER_MIL

What's up with Gronk?

Looking at drafting him with my 2nd round pick. I know it's a huge gamble but if he can play at least 10 games I think it's worth it.

Only thing I could find that sounded positive is that Gronk said he's planning playing all 16 games......

I don't think him playing 10 games is worth a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 4th, but not a 2nd.

I've watched some practice film and he doesn't look close to 100% to me. Still has a noticeable limp and isn't cutting fully on his routes. It hasn't even been 9 months since the injury. I know AD recovered that quickly, but that doesn't mean everyone does.

2nd seems to high. i might consider him in the 3rd, but it really depends on how much a gambler i'm feeling like at the time and where i pick in the 3rd.

In my main league, 14-teamer and we draft tomorrow, I don't even have a 3rd round grade on Gronk meaning I will pass on him at 33 overall. He may post a few big games but I am sure he misses time and expect Ws a shell of his former self. Graham is the only TE I would take before round 4 or so this year.

2nd does seem to high for Gronk

I was loving Gronk in the early third a couple of months ago when it seemed as if his recovery was going smoothly. Then there were the reports that he was favoring his surgically repaired knee. Of course he makes the comment that he plans on playing 16 games. That is a non story. There is really no other comment he would make. Can you imagine him saying "I plan on playing 14 games"?

One of the big downsides to Gronk is the Patriots treatment of injuries. I'm too busy on Sundays to be waiting by the TV/computer to see if Gronk is actually going to play this week or if they are resting him because of swelling. That situation seems like a nightmare to me.

I'd much rather take a dependable receiver in the 2nd and then see if Thomas is there in the third.

What's up with Gronk?

Nothing. Will soon be back to being the dominant beast he always was.

I think they're bringing him along slowly. Will likely sit out the first few games or play sparingly. Even when he is back this is a guy that's not yet a year removed from an ACL tear, on top of all the other injury issues with him.

Good player to take a gamble on since he's top two in his position if healthy, but don't get carried away. Second round is carried away IMO.

Whats up with him is a tremendous high risk/high reward guy.

Draft him around the 3rd round if you can and hope you hit the focking lottery with him is about what you can do.

Whats up with him is a tremendous high risk/high reward guy.

Draft him around the 3rd round if you can and hope you hit the focking lottery with him is about what you can do.

I'm betting on great numbers for the 10-12 games he plays followed by serious regret or the team that passed on a top WR or RB2 to draft him.

way better off taking JT in the 3rd if you're opting for a TE. In the 3rd, basically past the 25th or so pick, I don't like any of the rbs or wrs better than Thomas. This guy will be the beast you have seen gronk be in the past. Much like gronk, he gets fed by one of the best in teh history of the game, and like gronk in his prime, he plays on a ridiculously stacked offense(with said all time great qb). IMO JT is a 2nd round value, and I'm estatic to get him in the 3rd. Gronk is like the head case, super hot gf that you keep breaking up with, know it's a likely rollercoaster ride if you get back on, but just can't help yourself because of what you had 2 years ago. The high risk of injury aside, he's not the same player, nor are the pats the same team as a couple of years ago. There's no hernandez to work the 2 TE offense they ran which most teams had zero ability to understand let alone cover. The milk's gone sour charlie murphy!

Speaking Monday, Rob Gronkowski (knee) said he will play in Sunday's game against the Dolphins.

Sep 1 - 11:51 AM

Source: Jeff Howe on Twitter

From rotoworld

Speaking Monday, Rob Gronkowski (knee) said he will play in Sunday's game against the Dolphins.

From rotoworld

Yeah, but with limited snaps I believe...I might start Pita week one instead.

From rotoworld

Pats trying to keep opposing teams on their toes in game planning. Gronk may play but he won't play a lot. Still I'd say even limited snaps would be a pretty positive sign

Gronk is to high, as Gordon is to sober.

. Lol sorry about that post . I was sleeping at the wheel . Lol

Pats trying to keep opposing teams on their toes in game planning. Gronk may play but he won't play a lot. Still I'd say even limited snaps would be a pretty positive sign

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the Jimmy Graham treatment. Only in on red zone plays and maybe a couple 3rd downs. So prob good for 4/35/1-2 in week 1

May roll out Rudolph in week 1 just to observe how things are gonna shake out for Gronk early in the season before plugging him in....but am still glad to have him rostered.

Belichick today:

A day after Rob Gronkowski told reporters he would play in Sunday's regular-season opener against the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he is not ready to decide on the tight end's playing status.

"I'm glad that Rob is optimistic about his situation," Belichick said on a conference call Tuesday. "We will go through a week of practice, look at everything and everybody and see where everybody is at and try to do what's best for the team.

"With all due respect to Rob that he feels the way he does, but in the end we will have to make the decision that we feel is best for the team."

:lol: