Sign in to follow this  
DrG

2015 Breakout TE

Kelce + (ASmith dumpoffs and an upgrade at WR (Maclin) provide upside here)

Ebron - (not sure I trust Stafford to get him the rock)

JHill + (someone has to catchem in NO

Sleeper: Tim Wright, NE

Kelce + (ASmith dumpoffs and an upgrade at WR (Maclin) provide upside here)

Ebron - (not sure I trust Stafford to get him the rock)

JHill + (someone has to catchem in NO

Sleeper: Tim Wright, NE

Kelce had a break out season last season .

Ladarius Green - Gates best years are behi...............................................................ever mind.

• Like 3

Not really sleepers - ASJ, Josh Hill, Kelce

Kinda sleepers - Rudolph, Amaro, Clay, Cameron

Shots in the dark - Housler, Wright, V Davis

Crazy prediction: Delanie Walker has one more year of good/great production left, great in redraft as a late round get.

The Kelce hype train is not going to put him in the sleeper category. Right now Kelce is the 3rd TE off the board. I don't think you can call a player being drafted top 12 in the position as a sleeper. Right now it is Gronk, further behind Graham/Kelce, then a bunch of JAGs.

Vernon Davis could be considered a sleeper. He was a massive disappointment last year but you can't underestimate how playing with a bad back effected him last year. He is currently by drafted as TE17 and could outplay that spot like he has done many times in the past.

Larry Donnell is another player that has been forgotten. At TE19 he has the potential to play into the top 12.

I think Kyle Rudolph and Jordan Cameron will be a guys a lot of people forget on draft day after injury riddled seasons that will provide great value.

I really like Josh Hill in NO if the price stays low but I could see the "experts" pimping him out everywhere as their guy and greatly overinflating his ADP.

Really deep sleeper will be any TE that impresses in Green Bay's camp this summer.

I like Cameron also I have him right now ranked at number five at te and I also think that M Rivera of the Raiders might also make a bigger impact this season .

I like Cameron also I have him right now ranked at number five at te and I also think that M Rivera of the Raiders might also make a bigger impact this season .

I thought so too since Carr really seemed to like throwing to him but they took the 2nd best TE in this draft in Walford pretty high so he'll cut into Rivera's production.

You want a super sleeper especially in a dynasty/keeper league? Well here it is

MyCole Pruitt for the Vikes

Hand picked by Norval himself and he also has a great first name. No way not even remotely close will Kyle Rudolph make it through a season and if and when he goes down Vikes will know there's no need to re up that rookie contract. Then MyCole will be MyPick for sleeper

Agree re Rudolph's health and Pruitt. As for Rivera and the Raiders, I don't think the rook will necessarily cut into Rivera's development.

I am going to predict that Bellicek has already analyzed the grouping of NE's opponents and decided they are going to ground/pound a little more this year to protect Brady and guide the team through the suspension. Won't surprise me to see 3 TE sets with Gronk, Chandler and Wright ... This will compensate not only for Brady, but losses in the defensive secondary. Predicting a slight downturn for Gronk and should he go down, either Chandler and/or Wright become low-end #1s.

I thought so too since Carr really seemed to like throwing to him but they took the 2nd best TE in this draft in Walford pretty high so he'll cut into Rivera's production.

I thought that walford was hurt ?

Not really sleepers - ASJ, Josh Hill, Kelce

Kinda sleepers - Rudolph, Amaro, Clay, Cameron

Shots in the dark - Housler, Wright, V Davis

Crazy prediction: Delanie Walker has one more year of good/great production left, great in redraft as a late round get.

Nothing crazy about that Delanie prediction. He's gonna eat this year.

Really liking Zach Ertz this year. Expecting huge jump in TDs, possibly double digit. Ertz is my 2nd ranked TE currently in non-ppr, and 3rd ranked TE in ppr behind Gronk and Kelce.

Fyi

Patriots waived TE Tim Wright.

A former wide receiver at Rutgers, Wright flashed NFL-caliber "move" tight end ability when he posted 54-571-5 for the Bucs as a UDFA rookie in 2013. The Patriots gave up stud guard Logan Mankins to acquire him a year ago, but he was often an innocent bystander late in the year (10 snaps in three playoff games). Scott Chandler will move forward as Rob Gronkowski's backup, with rookie AJ Derby, Fred Davis and blocker Michael Hoomanawanui also in the mix. Wright, who is subject to waivers, should garner interest as a cheap pass-catching tight end. He's scored 11 touchdowns across the last two seasons. Jun 11 - 9:55 AM

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Would you take for Josh Hill over Martllus Bennett?

No

Would you take for Josh Hill over Martllus Bennett?

It's close, but I prefer Hill over Bennett this year.

Hill has shown only glimpses to date and NO is moving to a power run attack. The black unicorn has proven talent and Fox/Gase have proven they know how to utilize TEs - especially in the red zone. Bennett is very undervalued right now and I'd take him over Hill. But if Bennett holds out then it's going to hurt his stock.

Right now I've got Bennett as the #6 TE and Hill as #12.

Bennet I have at 7 and Hill I have at 9 .

Gronk

Graham

Olsen

Kelce

Cameron

Walker

Bennet

Daniels

Hill

Don't write off or overlook Witten this year. His usage was down last season due to the unforeseen emergence of Murray. Murray is gone. Two stats to track are.....Witten still averaged over 11 yards per catch and he and Romo connected at a 71% clip. Witten will be needed and utilized, as this Cowboy window begins to close. Dez , Murray, and Romo was not sustainable

I have Witten back in the top 5

Really liking Kelce, while he was somewhat freed last season in KC, he still hasnt reached his potential ceiling yet. And now that Fasano is gone his production should only increase. I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Kelce becomes a top 3 TE this season.

Like Jordan Cameron in Miami. Has tremendous upside, and he actually has a QB throwing to him now. Though his durability is a concern.

Delanie Walker in Tennessee and even though Tenn offense has been a mess the past few seasons, Walker still managed to rack up 890 rec yds. which trailed only Gronk, Olsen and Bennett.

Possible sleeper? Rookie TE Maxx Williams in Baltimore. With Pitta starting the season on the PUP list, still dont think he'll return, he's nuts if he does....and Owen Daniels gone. Williams will be getting a lot of work from Flacco!

You people ranking Bennet so low are crazy. Cameron? Did anyone watch football last year? Martellus is no lower than the 5th te. I could argue thats too low. Josh Hill? Yea im sure he will just slide into Grahams spot.

Gronk

Graham

Olsen

Bennett

Doesnt matter

• Like 1

You want a super sleeper especially in a dynasty/keeper league? Well here it is

MyCole Pruitt for the Vikes

Hand picked by Norval himself and he also has a great first name. No way not even remotely close will Kyle Rudolph make it through a season and if and when he goes down Vikes will know there's no need to re up that rookie contract. Then MyCole will be MyPick for sleeper

I still believe in Chase Ford

I've been hearing some poor reports on Hill so far this summer. I'm keeping my eye on Eifert as a late round TE now.

• Like 1

Actually I expect Clive Walford to make Rivera disappear by Week 1. A tight end needs to be able to block, and Rivera was the worst in the NFL according to PFF. At 240 lbs he had big problems even chipping opposing DE's. It's a big reason the Raiders signed Lee Smith, a run blocking TE from Cincy. They drafted Walford at the TOP of round three, rather than making a run at one of the top guards left on the board like AJ Cann or Jeremiah Poutasi. The fact they still have a gaping hole at RG tells all what they think of the Miami kid and how they intend to use him.

I hadn't heard of any type of major injury, and would recommend a late round flyer on him.

You people ranking Bennet so low are crazy. Cameron? Did anyone watch football last year? Martellus is no lower than the 5th te. I could argue thats too low. Josh Hill? Yea im sure he will just slide into Grahams spot.

Gronk

Graham

Olsen

Bennett

Doesnt matter

I think Kelce should be on that list and then comes doesn't matter .

Gronk

Graham

Olsen

Bennett

Doesnt matter

I think Kelce should be on that list and then comes doesn't matter .

I think I'd tend to agree, but I'm cautious on the Kelce hype that's run rampant this offseason.

He just couldn't find his way on the field at times last season, and he played less than 70% of the Chiefs snaps on offense. Anthony Fasano shouldn't be relegating anyone to the bench, let alone a guy with this much hype surrounding him.

PFF ranked Kelce as the best run-blocking tight end in the league. So my question is: Why wasn't he getting more snaps? With his ADP already at the third TE off the board and going at the end of the 4th round in 12 team leagues, I need to see more from him in camp/preseason.

Of course, he'll be a guy that many are looking at during training camp and the preseason. One good preseason game and I'd expect his ADP to challenge Graham as the second TE off the board. And that is just too much for my liking given Andy Reid's history of so-so production at the tight end spot.

I think I'd tend to agree, but I'm cautious on the Kelce hype that's run rampant this offseason.

He just couldn't find his way on the field at times last season, and he played less than 70% of the Chiefs snaps on offense. Anthony Fasano shouldn't be relegating anyone to the bench, let alone a guy with this much hype surrounding him.

PFF ranked Kelce as the best run-blocking tight end in the league. So my question is: Why wasn't he getting more snaps? With his ADP already at the third TE off the board and going at the end of the 4th round in 12 team leagues, I need to see more from him in camp/preseason.

Of course, he'll be a guy that many are looking at during training camp and the preseason. One good preseason game and I'd expect his ADP to challenge Graham as the second TE off the board. And that is just too much for my liking given Andy Reid's history of so-so production at the tight end spot.

All Kelce owners were completely frustrated and perplexed last season. He was EXTREMELY productive when used. As to your question of why?

Can't blame you for missing it but this was widely reported during the deadest part of the off-season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/308880/travis-kelce-limited-role-was-part-of-a-plan

Travis Kelce revealed he wasn't cleared to resume running until a month before training camp last year, and the Chiefs limited his early-season reps as part of a predetermined plan.

Kelce was coming off microfracture surgery. He revealed that Chiefs coaches and medical staff planned the limited role before unleashing Kelce late. "I still wasn't full strength last year," he said. "Which is why I'm excited about this year. Because now I get the time to take a full offseason and get my legs ready. ... I didn't really feel that comfortable on the field (in 2014)." Kelce finished as the No. 8 overall fantasy tight end and was the No. 4 tight end over the season's final five weeks.
  • Like 2

The fact that Kelce was a rookie last season played a big part of Fasano getting that playing time over Kelce . I don't know right now I think he should be in the top five .

The fact that Kelce was a rookie last season played a big part of Fasano getting that playing time over Kelce . I don't know right now I think he should be in the top five .

Technically Kelce was in his 2nd year last season

All Kelce owners were completely frustrated and perplexed last season. He was EXTREMELY productive when used. As to your question of why?

Can't blame you for missing it but this was widely reported during the deadest part of the off-season.

Nice. Thanks Les. Though, this demoralizes me in the thought of getting him at a discount for re-drafts.

Looking at some adp I see Walker listed in PPR at number 12 , anyone else thank that's low for him . I like him right now at number 6 .

Tan - You left Ertz and Kelce off yer list. YER SLIPPIN BRAH!!

I dont even recognize Ertz as a player in the nfl let alone a draftable te. Kelce I will keep an eye on.

I dont even recognize Ertz as a player in the nfl let alone a draftable te.

Care to elaborate on that ridiculous statement?