Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Congrats gun folks!

We are advised NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but 
 we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

I encourage Americans to use critical thinking and weigh pros and cons. US gun violence and mass murder rates are ridiculous compared to the world. How much good are we getting for this sh*tty arraignment?

• Like 1

A new CDC gun study used data from 2012 to 2014 to determine that while gun homicides and accidental gun deaths among children declined, suicides of children in which guns were used showed a large increase.

Seems the problem is suicide...

The study recommended that parents keep guns unloaded, locked up, and away from children. Parents also should be aware of kids' state of mind so they don't make a rash decision with a gun while they are upset, the CDC added.

Problem solved.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/cdc-gun-study-kids/2017/06/19/id/796962/

People who advocate guns: willing to compromise on gun control issues

People who don't advocate guns: want them banned and unwilling to compromise at all

I don't know why you believe either of these two statements.

Most gun owners are reasonable regarding regulation, but the leadership in the pro-gun camp make few concessions.

And few people are advocating a total ban on firearms. Most want better registration procedures, limiting access to high capacity/rapid fire weapons and increased culpability for owners of "lost" firearms later used in a crime.

People who don't advocate guns: want them banned and unwilling to compromise at all

Couldn't be more wrong.

NRA is opposed to any and every attempt at any sort of gun law. Using that classic slippery slope argument.

To wit. Nobody is calling for a ban on guns. But that's the first thing out of these idiots mouth. And apparently yours too.

It's like anything else in America. 80% of people are for common sense. It's the 10% Fringe on either side that dictate the argument unfortunately.

Couldn't be more wrong.

NRA is opposed to any and every attempt at any sort of gun law. Using that classic slippery slope argument.

To wit. Nobody is calling for a ban on guns. But that's the first thing out of these idiots mouth. And apparently yours too.

It's like anything else in America. 80% of people are for common sense. It's the 10% Fringe on either side that dictate the argument unfortunately.

Nope. Wrong. NRA wants you to enforce the current gun laws before you try making any news ones. It seems the people who don't want guns want more laws and bans on certain things.

A legal loophole allows suspected terrorists on the government’s no-fly list to legally buy guns, but a bill to fix that will likely wither on the vine. The federal Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act, even in the wake of last week’s terrorist killing of 129 people in Paris, remains a long shot due to its rabid pro-gun opponents.

Also - The ATF's gun matching/gun records center is legally barred from having ANY computers on its property - Thanks to the NRA. - Seriously. http://www.npr.org/2013/01/08/168889491/gun-control-advocates-say-atfs-hands-have-been-tied

You guys should watch Jordan Kleppers documentary on guns in America - and he came out in favor of guns. But, like I said, he also found that the majority of responsible gun owners are for common sense legislation. (Like Stopping people on the no fly list from having guns, opposing the NRA blocking computers from being used to solve gun crimes (Unbelievable0, the NRA's efforts to block the selection of ATF Directors, etc..

Also - The ATF's gun matching/gun records center is legally barred from having ANY computers on its property - Thanks to the NRA. - Seriously. You guys should watch Jordan Kleppers documentary on guns in America - and he came out in favor of guns. But, like I said, he also found that the majority of responsible gun owners are for common sense legislation. (Like Stopping people on the no fly list from having guns, opposing the NRA blocking computers from being used to solve gun crimes (Unbelievable0, the NRA's efforts to block the selection of ATF Directors, etc..

There are no written criteria for being placed on the no-fly list. You can be placed on it if your name is similar to a known terrorist's name. There are far too many people who have been erroneously placed on the no fly list for me to use that as a basis for denying somebody their constitutional rights. The government doesn't even have to inform you that you're on the list and good luck getting your name removed, even if you've done nothing wrong.

There are no written criteria for being placed on the no-fly list. You can be placed on it if your name is similar to a known terrorist's name. There are far too many people who have been erroneously placed on the no fly list for me to use that as a basis for denying somebody their constitutional rights. The government doesn't even have to inform you that you're on the list and good luck getting your name removed, even if you've done nothing wrong.

Ted focking Kennedy was on the no fly list. Me thinks it is slightly flawed.

The ATF’s record-keeping system lacks certain basic functionalities standard to every other database created in the modern age. Despite its vast size, and importance to crime fighters, it is less sophisticated than an online card catalog maintained by a small town public library.

To perform a search, ATF investigators must find the specific index number of a former dealer, then search records chronologically for records of the exact gun they seek. They may review thousands of images in a search before they find the weapon they are looking for. That’s because dealer records are required to be “non-searchable” under federal law. Keyword searches, or sorting by date or any other field, are strictly prohibited.

The government takes making gun records difficult to search quite seriously. A Government Accountability Office report released

Alarmed headlines from conservative publications followed. A Fox News pundit falsely claimed the report found the agency had “a list of every gun owner and every gun owned.”

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/08/atf-ridiculous-non-searchable-databases-explained/

All bc the NRA scares people into thinking a database that has even a fraction of the power of say, Lotus 123 - would allow the Black Helicopters to swoop in and sieze guns and imprison gun owners. sigh...

Another Great Example: The NRA has actively worked against background checks - even though polls show most NRA members support the idea of background checks. Just as they support people on terrorist watch lists from being able to purchase guns. But it's the fringe elements at the top of the NRA that oppose the checks. In fact, Wayne LaPierre is on record supporting background checks - until he wasn't.

So, you have to show an ID to buy sudafed, but...

Despite your numbers are you more concerned about being poisoned....or being shot? Hope that helps..logically for you.

No..I don't like it because it's mentally weak. Trying to compare harmless objects used for normal purposes that have to be misused to kill vs a thing designed to kill large numbers of humans. Massive difference.

I'm more concerned about being poisoned and it's not even close. Which is why I wash my fruit before I eat them. Washing my dishes, clean surfaces after preparing chicken, fish, and other meat. I wash my hands before and after preparing food and cook my food to the proper temperature.

We have laws for the handling and transportation of our food. Just like we have gun regulations. Therefore it's a stupid argument to want to ban hot dogs even though they kill more children than accidental gun shooting.

A gun is a harmless object when used for a normal purpose and can kill when misused... just like a hot dog.

Another Great Example: The NRA has actively worked against background checks - even though polls show most NRA members support the idea of background checks. Just as they support people on terrorist watch lists from being able to purchase guns. But it's the fringe elements at the top of the NRA that oppose the checks. In fact, Wayne LaPierre is on record supporting background checks - until he wasn't.

The NRA is Pro second amendment just like the ACLU is Pro first amendment. Neither compromise on their position nor should they. It would be irrational.

in the interest of being 'Fair and UnBalanced', HERE's the arguments of those who fear that the gubmint is fixin to steal all our guns (from a mere two years ago):

Phase Four of Jade Helm

Phase Four of Jade Helm will consist of gun confiscation and there is ample evidence pointing to this strong possibility and it started with a very concerning act that involved the Secretary of State, John Kerry, as well as President Obama, as Kerry signed the illegal and unconstitutional UN Small Arms Treaty, which effectively bans all private ownership of guns. There is one provision in the treaty that has received absolutely no attention in our mainstream media and that is the section having to do with confiscation of guns and the use of foreign troops:

Oooh, there's lots more. So, them folks worried 'bout the UN and Obummer stealing our gunz have a pretty solid logical and legislative argument:

http://freedomoutpost.com/the-4th-purpose-of-jade-helm-is-the-most-dangerous-of-all/

From plain ol' Amurican Citizens Own Words!

Yesterday at my nephews baseball games in Sioux Falls, we had 4 Chinook like all white (I am guessing UN!!!) helicopters fly over the baseball field. I was so angry I was shaking. I have pictures attached that were on my phone but not very good pictures. My friend took a few on her camera and is going to email them to me but her computer was hacked so I will send the better pictures when I get them. We have National Guard drills going on right now.

Also, another friend has a son in law that had orders to go to Iraq. Those orders were changed to be deployed to Jade Helm in Texas. He is stationed in North Carolina. He is under orders not to discuss Jade Helm with anyone but his wife told her dad (my friend) that he has to be within 2 hours of the base and is getting calls for drills in the middle of the night.

Psalm 23. My prayers for the safety of all of you.

..Not sure how Jade Helm worked out. They probably jailed all the people who had their guns stolen. They're probably all now in concentration camps and 're-education centers'.

..It all starts with banning 'terrorists' from having gunz...

They also put the kaibosh on CDC research on gun violence and deaths.

They also put the kaibosh on CDC research on gun violence and deaths.

Look up. Second post on this page.

This is pure unadulterated bullshit.

Ted focking Kennedy was on the no fly list. Me thinks it is slightly flawed.

Well that drunk focker shouldnt have ever had a gun.

Look up. Second post on this page.

While the research ban was officially lifted about 5 years ago, fear of NRA backlash has stunted funding, especially from the government.

While the research ban was officially lifted about 5 years ago, fear of NRA backlash has stunted funding, especially from the government.

Regardless, the CDC's current research indicates violence and accidents are down, during a time when gun ownership rates have skyrocketed btw, while suicides are up among "children".

The last paragraph in my link provides the "common sense" solution to that problem, no legislation necessary.

If you want to charge parents with negligent homicide when their kid kills themself or somebody else with an unsecured gun, that is appropriate in my opinion.

Further restrictions on guns, magazine capacity, visual aspects, etc. are unnecessary and ineffective in reducing violent crime.

We are advised NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but 
 we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Terrorism kills fewer people in the US than lightning - we have to ban refugees.

Guns kill thousands of people per year - calm down! Nothing to see here!

:lol:

The US averaged 49 lightening deaths per year from 1985-2014

2996 people were murdered in the terrorist attacks on sept 11, 2001. Many more have died from exposure to toxins during the rescue, recovery and clean up.

Did you know that your odds of being killed by a foreign terrorist are about 1 in 45,000? That's around 10 times less likely than dying in a bicycling accident. Your odds of being killed by a refugee terrorist are less than one in 45 million!

It's true! :lol:

Regardless, the CDC's current research indicates violence and accidents are down, during a time when gun ownership rates have skyrocketed btw, while suicides are up among "children".

The last paragraph in my link provides the "common sense" solution to that problem, no legislation necessary.

If you want to charge parents with negligent homicide when their kid kills themself or somebody else with an unsecured gun, that is appropriate in my opinion.

Further restrictions on guns, magazine capacity, visual aspects, etc. are unnecessary and ineffective in reducing violent crime.

The US has rates of gun deaths (homicide, suicide, and accidental) which exceed every developed country, and a lot of undeveloped ones. Even if some components of gun violence are improving, we don't have enough long term data to know if the downtrend is real.

I agree with harsher penalties for unsecured guns, but that isn't on the table as far as I know, and certainly not advocated by the NRA.

And you have no idea if further restrictions would make a difference, but there is enough correlation between gun availability and gun deaths (again, ALL deaths) that it isn't preposterous to create some additional restrictions.

Did you know that your odds of being killed by a foreign terrorist are about 1 in 45,000? That's around 10 times less likely than dying in a bicycling accident. Your odds of being killed by a refugee terrorist are less than one in 45 million!

It's true! :lol:

My BIL recently crashed on his bike. He was riding down a steep grade at a high rate of speed when his front tire blew. He flew over the handlebars, hit the pavement, slid for a while and slammed into a tree.

He broke his clavicle, multiple ribs, his hip (I think) and got a sh!t ton of road rash. All while avoiding oncoming vehicles.

He's lucky to be alive.

The US averaged 49 lightening deaths per year from 1985-2014

2996 people were murdered in the terrorist attacks on sept 11, 2001. Many more have died from exposure to toxins during the rescue, recovery and clean up.

I'm not sure the relevant comparison is lightning versus terrorism so I'm not sure your point. However let's use those numbers for perspective.

Approximately as many children are shot in gun violence every single day as total number of Americans who died from lightning in an entire year.

And approximately as many children are killed in gun violence in any given year as were killed on 911 the most shocking day in recent history.

After the deaths of 911 we responded by spending trillions of dollars both domestically and overseas. Completely revamping our intelligence services and our surveillance systems as well as Air transport in general.

In the 16 years Each of which totaled as many children being shot and killed as were killed in 911 very little has changed in the way of gun legislation.

My BIL recently crashed on his bike. He was riding down a steep grade at a high rate of speed when his front tire blew. He flew over the handlebars, hit the pavement, slid for a while and slammed into a tree.

He broke his clavicle, multiple ribs, his hip (I think) and got a sh!t ton of road rash. All while avoiding oncoming vehicles.

He's lucky to be alive.

Sorry to hear that. At least he didn't die by choking on food or drown while taking a bath - both more likely than being killed by a foreign terrorist on US soil.

Ty ty. I out a lot of personal work into this.

This is pure unadulterated bullshit.

Sure it is. Coming from you it HAS to be true

The US has rates of gun deaths (homicide, suicide, and accidental) which exceed every developed country, and a lot of undeveloped ones. Even if some components of gun violence are improving, we don't have enough long term data to know if the downtrend is real.

I agree with harsher penalties for unsecured guns, but that isn't on the table as far as I know, and certainly not advocated for by the NRA.

And you have no idea if further restrictions would make a difference, but there is enough correlation between gun availability and gun deaths (again, ALL deaths) that it isn't preposterous to create some additional restrictions.

Of course we do. We have 325 million people with 300 million guns in this country. It stands to reason that our "gun violence" numbers would be higher than almost anywhere. The fact that the issue is as statistically insignificant as it is should be applauded in my opinion.

The NRA does more to further gun safety in this country than any other organization. They simply don't believe more gun control is the answer.

The Clinton "Assault Weapons Ban" had zero impact on violent crime, contrary to what was sold to pass the ban. Thankfully, it had a sunset clause. That is all the evidence I need to ignore the hyperbole.

Of course we do. We have 325 million people with 300 million guns in this country. It stands to reason that our "gun violence" numbers would be higher than almost anywhere. The fact that the issue is as statistically insignificant as it is should be applauded in my opinion.

The NRA does more to further gun safety in this country than any other organization. They simply don't believe more gun control is the answer.

The Clinton "Assault Weapons Ban" had zero impact on violent crime, contrary to what was sold to pass the ban. Thankfully, it had a sunset clause. That is all the evidence I need to ignore the hyperbole.

RATES are adjusted for population. And it is a statistically significant difference.

The NRAs beliefs aren't supported by data. I'm not reposting the numerous studies which suggest gun deaths increase with gun availability, and decrease with stricter gun control. It isn't just violent crime I'm interested in either.

Sure it is. Coming from you it HAS to be true

And others who called you out for BS.

Calling the game n side...or just the NRA flexible or open to new gun laws is dishonest. Asia claiming the other side all just want to ban all guns.

And others who called you out for BS.

Calling the game n side...or just the NRA flexible or open to new gun laws is dishonest. Asia claiming the other side all just want to ban all guns.

Stick to your xanax there bud. You make less of a fool out of yourself

RATES are adjusted for population. And it is a statistically significant difference.

The NRAs beliefs aren't supported by data. I'm not reposting the numerous studies which suggest gun deaths increase with gun availability, and decrease with stricter gun control. It isn't just violent crime I'm interested in either.

My beliefs are supported by data. For instance, data suggests that traffic accidents cause more deaths than guns. Which, I believe, would mean that your driving habits are more dangerous than my gun ownership. :P

In 2016 there were 38 people killed by lightening in the US.

The terrorist attack at the pulse nightclub in Orlando Florida in 2016 resulted in the deaths of 54 people.

In 2016 there were 38 people killed by lightening in the US.

The terrorist attack at the pulse nightclub in Orlando Florida in 2016 resulted in the deaths of 54 people.

You're advocating gun control?

Stick to your xanax there bud. You make less of a fool out of yourself

You made a factual inaccurate statement. You got called in it by multiple people.

But of course your retort is the foolish crap about xanax. I'm sure you have people believing I take that...just as I believe it was yiu that made up the crap that I smoke pot.

Run along junior...

You made a factual inaccurate statement. You got called in it by multiple people.

But of course your retort is the foolish crap about xanax. I'm sure you have people believing I take that...just as I believe it was yiu that made up the crap that I smoke pot.

Run along junior...

Sure buddy. Whatever you say. Everyone knows you're actually not full of sh1t or pathetic :)