Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

But I just dont believe thats the case. The players could all stand at attention tomorrow and it would have virtually no affect on ratings, which are being driven more by things like over saturation, bad officiating and a bad product. So to imply that the protests are hitting players in the wallet is nonsense.

Of course if they stood ratings wouldn't increase. Can't un-ring the bell. What is so difficult for you to grasp? The ratings have gone down, making the rights to the games less valuable (duh). The players are paid, mostly, from the revenues generated by TV and other media. Thick as a brick. So yes, player compensation is affected , directky, by ratings. The ratings are down, amongst other reasons, because of the protests. Thanks for playing.

Of course if they stood ratings wouldn't increase. Can't un-ring the bell. What is so difficult for you to grasp? The ratings have gone down, making the rights to the games less valuable (duh). The players are paid, mostly, from the revenues generated by TV and other media. Thick as a brick. So yes, player compensation is affected , directky, by ratings. Thanks for playing.

It appears you guys keep yelling the same things at each other over and over and neither is listening.

But now you have me curious. To all the NFL Protesters--if the NFL were to mandate all players stand or else..and actually enforced this statute, you guys are saying you STILL won't watch? You won't "un-ring that bell" Then why the fock would the NFL care about you? And what are you protesting for? Just to protest?

It appears you guys keep yelling the same things at each other over and over and neither is listening.

But now you have me curious. To all the NFL Protesters--if the NFL were to mandate all players stand or else..and actually enforced this statute, you guys are saying you STILL won't watch? You won't "un-ring that bell" Then why the fock would the NFL care about you? And what are you protesting for? Just to protest?

Can't say. I'm not protesting. The only thing I've done is tell my wife not to buy me any Giants gear for my birthday/Christmas as far as any protest goes. I do watch less, but that's because the games are not that enjoyable because of flags, replay and dancing. Also the commercials are really annoying shoving minorities down our throat.

Can't say. I'm not protesting. The only thing I've done is tell my wife not to buy me any Giants gear for my birthday/Christmas as far as any protest goes. I do watch less, but that's because the games are not that enjoyable because of flags, replay and dancing. Also the commercials are really annoying shoving minorities down our throat.

Youre the one that said you cant unring the bell----I jhust thought you might be able to clarify

Youre the one that said you cant unring the bell----I jhust thought you might be able to clarify

People are angry, have said they aren't going to watch and ratings have gone down. Why is it so unbelievable for liberals? Truth hurts? Yeah, you can't un-ring the bell. People think the NFL players are ungrateful, misinformed and out of line. And they are. So some consumers are going to punish them. I am glad they are. Why do liberals care about NFL ratings all of a sudden?

People are angry, have said they aren't going to watch and ratings have gone down. Why is it so unbelievable for liberals? Truth hurts? Yeah, you can't un-ring the bell. People think the NFL players are ungrateful, misinformed and out of line. And they are. So some consumers are going to punish them. I am glad they are. Why do liberals care about NFL ratings all of a sudden?

Ok what? Can you have a conversation....at all? Cause this is horrible..

You really didn't answer the question and I won't ask again...Cause that rant above was terrible. No desire to try to have a discussion with someone in that manner.

I have written the NFL off this year due to their players' protest. They still had at least 3 idiots kneel on Veteran's Day weekend. As a Veteran I choose to spend my time doing something else. The habit of watching football on Sundays is broken for me.

Why would the NFL make players stand now? To get a tourniquet around their bleeding. Will ratings freefall stop? I'm sure it would abate quite a bit.

They'd be wise to review who is tuning out (conservative whites) and realize that is a huge portion of who buys NFL tickets, gear and watch games.

Of course if they stood ratings wouldn't increase. Can't un-ring the bell. What is so difficult for you to grasp? The ratings have gone down, making the rights to the games less valuable (duh). The players are paid, mostly, from the revenues generated by TV and other media. Thick as a brick. So yes, player compensation is affected , directky, by ratings. The ratings are down, amongst other reasons, because of the protests. Thanks for playing.

:lol: Its cute / sad that youve convinced yourself this is true.

As a Veteran I choose to spend my time doing something else. The habit of watching football on Sundays is broken for me.

filthy, wait ...

:lol: Its cute / sad that youve convinced yourself this is true.

Troll on trolly trollstein. Troll on.

Troll on trolly trollstein. Troll on.

I like how youve already got the built in excuse for why ratings wont go up if players do stand - Cant in-ring that bell! Its almost like you made up your mind that the protests are the reason why ratings are down, and now youre stuck trying to justify that retarded belief. :first:

I have written the NFL off this year due to their players' protest. They still had at least 3 idiots kneel on Veteran's Day weekend. As a Veteran I choose to spend my time doing something else. The habit of watching football on Sundays is broken for me.

Why would the NFL make players stand now? To get a tourniquet around their bleeding. Will ratings freefall stop? I'm sure it would abate quite a bit.

They'd be wise to review who is tuning out (conservative whites) and realize that is a huge portion of who buys NFL tickets, gear and watch games.

You and a couple others here have demonstrated that this really bothers you. I get that. But what I don;t get is if the NFL fixes things, and takes it seriously...Like I don't know a 4 game suspension for kneeling, even if Tom Brady kneels, you still won't watch anymore?

I swear this is new news to me. I thought the whole point of protesting was to get the NFL to get these darkies in line ---and now I see comments about "unringing the bell" and I am not clear what the point of the protest is?

I guess the question is, at this point is it even a protest anymore or is it just fans quitting the game completely. Cause if that's the case, then there is little the NFL can do. Or am I wrong?

I like how youve already got the built in excuse for why ratings wont go up if players do stand - Cant in-ring that bell! Its almost like you made up your mind that the protests are the reason why ratings are down, and now youre stuck trying to justify that retarded belief. :first:

There are people that won't give money to the red cross because they charged soldiers for donuts. In world war 2. So sad at your age you don't have a clue how the world works.

There are people that won't give money to the red cross because they charged soldiers for donuts. In world war 2. So sad at your age you don't have a clue how the world works.

Double down :lol:

Double down :lol:

I forgot, it wasnt in a comic book. How could you know?

I forgot, it wasnt in a comic book. How could you know?

I call trolling / deflection.

You and a couple others here have demonstrated that this really bothers you. I get that. But what I don;t get is if the NFL fixes things, and takes it seriously...Like I don't know a 4 game suspension for kneeling, even if Tom Brady kneels, you still won't watch anymore?

I swear this is new news to me. I thought the whole point of protesting was to get the NFL to get these darkies in line ---and now I see comments about "unringing the bell" and I am not clear what the point of the protest is?

I guess the question is, at this point is it even a protest anymore or is it just fans quitting the game completely. Cause if that's the case, then there is little the NFL can do. Or am I wrong?

I'm not protesting and never said I was. I just stopped watching oppressed millionaires who choose to disrespect the same country that made them millionaires.

No different than someone deciding to take their business elsewhere if the product or service is displeasing.

This year, no mas for me. Next year, if they're still doing it then I guess it's another year. If they stop playing anthem as a resolution, I'm done for life.

1. It is the players who are protesting, not the fans.

2. Some fans have decided not to use their free time and money watching a bunch of millionaires protest something none of them can articulate.

3. Many of us have found life is much better without football and will never return.

• Like 1

1. It is the players who are protesting, not the fans.

2. Some fans have decided not to use their free time and money watching a bunch of millionaires protest something none of them can articulate.

3. Many of us have found life is much better without football and will never return.

Wow yeah. Know this. But thanks.

I'm not protesting and never said I was. I just stopped watching oppressed millionaires who choose to disrespect the same country that made them millionaires.

No different than someone deciding to take their business elsewhere if the product or service is displeasing.

This year, no mas for me. Next year, if they're still doing it then I guess it's another year. If they stop playing anthem as a resolution, I'm done for life.

Let me rephrase since we seem to be on the literal train here.

Do you know anyone who is protesting? Or is simply a turn the channel thing?

The players are protesting not the fans!

Also the commercials are really annoying shoving minorities down our throat.

Ugh, minorities. Just the worst. If I wanted to see blacks on my TV I'd watch B.E.T.

I'm protesting the NFL until they stop showing black people :mad:

Ugh, minorities. Just the worst. If I wanted to see blacks on my TV I'd watch B.E.T.

I'm protesting the NFL until they stop showing black people :mad:

Small catch. I'll throw you back

Yes; I know some that will begin watching once they start standing again.

I've been going through the motions for my FF teams or I'd already be tuned out of football altogether. This year has been no fun. Tyler Eifert had been on IR for two weeks before I noticed and put him on my team's IR. I don't bother to make waiver wire moves and miss out on guys when normally I would be holding my breathe hoping to get. I dropped my kicker and made a replacement pickup but then never logged back in after waivers processed to insert the new kicker in my lineup. This half-assed team management stuff has never happened to me before.

And it's absolutely exclusively the kneeling that has me this way. I played FF right through enduring seven years of Matt Millen culminating in an 0-16 Lions team and had no inclination to quit.

For sure, I'll drop the FF addiction next year if the kneeling continues. I may come back if it goes away but I'm not feeling very much enthusiasm to do so. Managing my teams this year has been a chore, not a joy. Also, I'm behind the eight ball because I don't know who's having a good year to look forward to in 2018, I just know how my players are doing and then research why the hot pickups on the FA wire are hot pick ups. If a guy on somebody else's roster is having a breakout year, or conversely if he's sh*tting the bed, he's not on my radar.

I've been going through the motions for my FF teams or I'd already be tuned out of football altogether. This year has been no fun. Tyler Eifert had been on IR for two weeks before I noticed and put him on my team's IR. I don't bother to make waiver wire moves and miss out on guys when normally I would be holding my breathe hoping to get. I dropped my kicker and made a replacement pickup but then never logged back in after waivers processed to insert the new kicker in my lineup. This half-assed team management stuff has never happened to me before.

And it's absolutely exclusively the kneeling that has me this way. I played FF right through enduring seven years of Matt Millen culminating in an 0-16 Lions team and had no inclination to quit.

For sure, I'll drop the FF addiction next year if the kneeling continues. I may come back if it goes away but I'm not feeling very much enthusiasm to do so. Managing my teams this year has been a chore, not a joy. Also, I'm behind the eight ball because I don't know who's having a good year to look forward to in 2018, I just know how my players are doing and then research why the hot pickups on the FA wire are hot pick ups. If a guy on somebody else's roster is having a breakout year, or conversely if he's sh*tting the bed, he's not on my radar.

No question you're doing the right thing.

Wow. America has spoken. Serves these dirtbags right.

My not watching is due to a bad product. Injured players....not knowing what a catch is... too manynpenalties. Its just not fun to watch. Especially for three hours.

This horse is dead... stop beating it

Will the NFL see an uptick for Thursday due to Turkey Day or will TBS grab more with their 24 hours of Christmas Story (dunno if that's even on)?

Detroit is gonna be FB crazy...Until they lose Thursday that is. But it will be fun until then

NFL TV Partners Set To Lose Up To $500 Million On Ratings Decline

As Roger Goodell, Jerry Jones, and the NFL engage in an ugly internal fight over the future leadership of the NFL, TV partners at CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC are staring at their own internal conflicts — namely a substantial decline in NFL ratings that is on pace to cost the four networks up to $500 million in lost revenue.

Already several hundred million in lost revenue has been booked in 2017 and it has the league’s top executives and television partners scrambling to figure out what went wrong. How did a league that was setting ratings records in 2015 suddenly see its audience fall by nearly 20% just two years later.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-tv-partners-set-lose-500-million-ratings-decline/

Yea, this thing is gonna get ugly.. That kind of drop in revenue ain't gonna go over well..

Are we going to see the salary cap get reduced? If the next big TV deal comes in way less, I don't see how it can't.

I hope following the lead of Colin Kaepernick, certified moron, and the rest of the libtards was worth it. Guess what? When the players are making less the snowflakes and outrage monkeys won't be cutting them checks. This is gonna be great!