Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Strategic adding of players you don't need.

The last time I played Scrabble was a specialized version they called Battle Cattle Scrabble. All the words had to have something to do with fighting and/or cows. Like 'milkbomb'. We had to have larger hands of tiles, but it was fun. Haven't played normal scrabble in a long time.

Genius! I would use the word 'horned'. Describes the type of cattle (as an adj.) as well as an offensive move (as a verb) against an enemy by a horned creature. Double score on that one. :)

Missing my point?

First of all the original poster simply blocked another a couple of teams (in contention) by picking up players he did not "need" just so the other teams could not get them. That should not be a part of F-Football tactics. All I was saying was let them go get those players and beat them anyway. You do not need to block a team unless you don't think your team is good enough to win. Which I think is the case with that poster. I see the above poster's points and I just don't think it is good sportsmanship. I DO NOT PLAY FANTASY TO LOOK FOR WAYS TO FOCK TEAMS :nono:

Missing my point?

First of all the original poster simply blocked another a couple of teams (in contention) by picking up players he did not "need" just so the other teams could not get them. That should not be a part of F-Football tactics. All I was saying was let them go get those players and beat them anyway. You do not need to block a team unless you don't think your team is good enough to win. Which I think is the case with that poster. I see the above poster's points and I just don't think it is good sportsmanship. I DO NOT PLAY FANTASY TO LOOK FOR WAYS TO FOCK TEAMS :nono:

Good sportsmanship? :lol:

Thank you. You officially made my day!!! :lol:

Sorry I can't stop :lol: :D

Missing my point?

I never begrudge someone, or put their league down, for however they and the other league owners want to set up their league rules including the scoring. And I don't think you should put down other leagues that work theirs differently. When you say "that should not be a part of FF tactics", I don't believe I could disagree with you more unless your are talking about the rules set up in your own league.

I believe that this strategy of picking up a player even if you don't need him to keep other teams away from that player is wonderful if executed well, and I think that if you were to remove it (which is ok for you), then you are taking a piece of competitiveness out of the FF game that already holds a lot of luck. I want my league to reduce the luck factor as much as possible and give the most work to the owners to determine winners and losers in the game.

Missing my point?

I didn't miss your point. I just disagreed. If a team in contention can prevent another team in contention from securing a player who would help them score more points, it's fair game as long as it's not done through collusion. You play to score more points than the other team. Or teams if it's non-head-to-head.

Let me ask you--if you see that your opponent is starting a guy who's questionable or on a bye, do you send him a note to let him know that he may have to swap out his player? Some people would consider that kind of behavior to be good sportsmanship, and it would be in line with your desire to 'beat the best teams'. So do you help your opponents set their lineups to be the best?

If not, then what you're doing is playing by what your definition of 'sportsmanship' is, and not by what someone else's definition is.

The rest of us are doing the same.

Gabbert has tossed 3 tds for 20 points. Benjamin was injured got him 3

i do, and elite at it. :banana:

i do, and elite at it. :banana:

Man, couldn't be said any better....and it was done with conviction.

I wont be one of those people who churns the wire to block an opponent from getting a player. The rest of you pick up and drop every available QB so they are unavailable until the following week?

Missing my point?

I actually was never worried about losing to the team I am playing. I posted the 2nd highest score of the week and beat him by 74 points. That being said had he picked up gabbert it would have been 18 points more for him and anything CAN happen so might as well head things off at the pass. I also would like to point out that it was not just focking this team. I also focked the team that had stanton who I will be playing this week. It worked as both teams lost.

I DO NOT PLAY FANTASY TO LOOK FOR WAYS TO FOCK TEAMS :nono:

For some reason a guy in my league dropped Darkwa this last week ( I think for salary cap reasons to pick up a needed position ). I am in first place and locked in for the playoffs am one of the few teams with a solid RB core. This Wednesday I will put in every dollar I have left under my salary cap to bid for Darkwa only to keep him from other teams. He is the only RB left anyone would want out on the WW.

I do not need him but I hope I get him only so another team cannot upgrade their crap RB2s with a viable RB2. And if I need to, I can always drop him later and get his salary cap dollars back. Woohoo!!

Actually he could of picked up Peterman and dropped Tyrod. Which he could of gotten tons of negative points. So what you did in the end was a push, but a plus for him. He ended up not doing anything, which was the best move for him. Because he was going to loss regardless, and now he kept both starting QBs.

He now can plug back in Tyrod in the super flex. Hope you don't have to face him in the playoff with Tyrod.

I actually was never worried about losing to the team I am playing. I posted the 2nd highest score of the week and beat him by 74 points. That being said had he picked up gabbert it would have been 18 points more for him and anything CAN happen so might as well head things off at the pass. I also would like to point out that it was not just focking this team. I also focked the team that had stanton who I will be playing this week. It worked as both teams lost.

So what are you saying here? Your a FOCK artist?

There is always a point where people have to draw the line at working the rules of the league. And that line is defined by the rules. My take is, if there is an action that someone can take during the season, and it isn't against league rules, and you hate it, then petition to make it against league rules or join/create another league with rules that support something you like and can actually enforce without confusion..

So what are you saying here? Your a FOCK artist?

I am saying that by picking up 2 players I effectively focked at a min of 2 teams and possibly more if they wanted gabbert.