Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Philip Rivers...Best QB in the game right now?

this dude is playing so lights out, about the only guy who can compare to him is Rodgers, but I give the edge to Rivers due to a 70%+ completion on the season

with zero running game, has there ever been another player who looked like he was done 2 yrs earlier come back to be so dominant?

Nobody is better than terrific tom

Brady or Maddox?

Brady or Maddox?

That's the beauty it can go either way

Maddox, easy, hes the only guy to ever throw for 5000/50 on a message board

Epic year

Like any smart QB, Philip needs to feed his stud.

I expect a Keenan Allen TD this drive.

this dude is playing so lights out, about the only guy who can compare to him is Rodgers, but I give the edge to Rivers due to a 70%+ completion on the season

with zero running game, has there ever been another player who looked like he was done 2 yrs earlier come back to be so dominant?

Did P Manning retire today?

Problem with Manning putting up ridiculous numbers and routinely winning 10+ games is everyone expects it. When Rivers leads his team to some great wins and nice numbers, we start talking MVP. Peyton does it and we just expect it.

Problem with Manning putting up ridiculous numbers and routinely winning 10+ games is everyone expects it. When Rivers leads his team to some great wins and nice numbers, we start talking MVP. Peyton does it and we just expect it.

^ this x infinity

Manning is the greatest fantasy commodity of all time, and the most illustrious regular season qb we've ever seen.

16 seasons and 2 franchises - agree that he is so awesome that it lends to being taken for granted.

^ this x infinity

Manning is the greatest fantasy commodity of all time, and the most illustrious regular season qb we've ever seen.

16 seasons and 2 franchises - agree that he is so awesome that it lends to being taken for granted.

The best example of this is the year he went out. 10+ years of winning at least 10 games. They lose him and go 1-15. Without even playing a game he should have been named MVP that year, cause it became clear he was the most important player to his team over any player on any other team. Brady went down and Cassell led them to 11 wins. Cutler goes down, McCown has a great year. Manning goes down, they have to call in the National Guard!

Player A 12-2 TD/INT Rate 8.75 Yards per attempt, 70.3% completion rate 116.3 QB Rating

Player B 12-3 TD/INT Rate 8.18 Yards per attempt, 66.5% completion rate 109.1 QB Rating

all I was saying is right now Rivers is the one who is playing QB the bestest

no QB since Warner 2001 has led the league in both of those catagories

The best example of this is the year he went out. 10+ years of winning at least 10 games. They lose him and go 1-15. Without even playing a game he should have been named MVP that year, cause it became clear he was the most important player to his team over any player on any other team. Brady went down and Cassell led them to 11 wins. Cutler goes down, McCown has a great year. Manning goes down, they have to call in the National Guard!

Just a reminder about that whole fiasco in Indy, they played Painter almost that whole season to lose on purpose. Orlovsky finally comes in and wins like 2 of 3 or something like that.

The reverse works too, Tebow of all people did the same with the Broncos (6-2) that Manning did but also won a playoff game where Manning did not.

Not debating how great Manning is, but the Indy example is probably the primary example of tanking we've seen in the modern NFL.

Rodgers says hi...

12-1 TD/INT ratio, 7.9 yards/att, 114.8 QBR, 66.7% And Id take him all day every day over Rivers.

Rodgers says hi...

12-1 TD/INT ratio, 7.9 yards/att, 114.8 QBR, 66.7% And Id take him all day every day over Rivers.

Rodgers is nice, and yes I would take him over Rivers, but hes not playing better than Rivers right now

Rodgers, Manning, Brees in fantasy and RL should now read

Rodgers, Manning, Rivers

^ this x infinity

Exactly, everyone is like "well he's good but he'll never be as good as last year." So what, he's still having one of the best seasons for a QB in the league. we should stop measuring Manning against what he's done in the past, and measure him against what the rest of the QB's in the league are doing, right now, today. Right now Manning's average points per game is higher than any other QB, so what if he isn't matching last year's production.

Edit: You could definitely make the argument that for his draft spot in most leagues, Rivers is definitely value as he's putting up top 5 QB numbers right now.

Exactly, everyone is like "well he's good but he'll never be as good as last year." So what, he's still having one of the best seasons for a QB in the league. we should stop measuring Manning against what he's done in the past, and measure him against what the rest of the QB's in the league are doing, right now, today. Right now Manning's average points per game is higher than any other QB, so what if he isn't matching last year's production.

Edit: You could definitely make the argument that for his draft spot in most leagues, Rivers is definitely value as he's putting up top 5 QB numbers right now.

I am talking strictly real football, although Rivers is top 5 in both realms

Fantasy

Manning, Rodgers, Luck, Rivers, Wilson

RL

Rivers, Rodgers, Manning, Wilson, Luck

• Like 1

I am talking strictly real football, although Rivers is top 5 in both realms

Fantasy

Manning, Rodgers, Luck, Rivers, Wilson

RL

Rivers, Rodgers, Manning, Wilson, Luck

Common man, I agree Rivers is top 5 in both categories right now but ranking him above any of the other 4 your mentioned is ludicrous. :dunno:

simply talking season to date

Even then, still no reason to rank Rivers over Manning.

Rodgers final drive yesterday cemented his position as the king of the castle. Cool as a cucumber, 4th and 10 without a sweat, a Dan Marino spike, and a laser beam TD. Brilliant

Rodgers final drive yesterday cemented his position as the king of the castle. Cool as a cucumber, 4th and 10 without a sweat, a Dan Marino spike, and a laser beam TD. Brilliant

Completion % is all he lacks this year.

TD to INT ratio right now is fantastic.

I think Luck has to be up there now. Rodgers too, and you can't just write off Peyton either.

I don't have an issue with Rivers being there to this point as part of a group of 4. But I doubt Rivers keeps it up, whereas the other 3 I think will.

Also Brady is beginning to heat up.

In our auction league Peyton went for $54, Rodgers $45, Luck $26. I got Rivers for $2.

In any discussion that includes value per draft dollar or draft position, Rivers is the clear #1.

I think Luck has to be up there now. Rodgers too, and you can't just write off Peyton either.

I don't have an issue with Rivers being there to this point as part of a group of 4. But I doubt Rivers keeps it up, whereas the other 3 I think will.

Also Brady is beginning to heat up.

Luck has 8 turnovers

Rivers and Rodgers have 2

Manning has 3 in 1 less game

Why dont you think Rivers, who leads the league in completion % and YPA as well as QB rating wont keep it up, when he has the proven track record that he will?

he just doesnt have the volume that the other guys have, but is more efficient

Completion % is all he lacks this year.

TD to INT ratio right now is fantastic.

Chad pennington is the all time leader in completion percentage, minimum 5 years......Rodgers is 3rd all time.

Just throwing out facts

Rivers is having a statistically solid season, but I'd still rather have Manning or Rodgers than him.

Andrew Luck is the top points scoring QB in my league right now. Peyton is #2, also you have to factor in that Peyton has had a bye week in there as well, whereas Rivers has not.

Kaep, Rodgers are also almost tied with him, and Newton and even Matt Ryan are all right behind with Rivers in terms of total points and average ppg production.

Rivers is good, but saying he's the top QB in the league right now is overselling it. Luck, Manning, Rodgers > Rivers in any format over the full season.

Rivers is having a statistically solid season, but I'd still rather have Manning or Rodgers than him.

Andrew Luck is the top points scoring QB in my league right now. Peyton is #2, also you have to factor in that Peyton has had a bye week in there as well, whereas Rivers has not.

Kaep, Rodgers are also almost tied with him, and Newton and even Matt Ryan are all right behind with Rivers in terms of total points and average ppg production.

Rivers is good, but saying he's the top QB in the league right now is overselling it. Luck, Manning, Rodgers > Rivers in any format over the full season.

I didnt say anything about fantasy.

statistically Rivers is playing as the best QB in the NFL right now

best record in football, highest completion % and highest YPA so its not just dink and dunk. His QB rating when throwing to Malcom Floyd (who averages 20 ypc) is 144.5

as for Fantasy,

in my leagues Rivers is 3rd in PPG 1 pt ahead of Rodgers, 4 pts ahead of Ryan and Kaepernick, and 9 pts ahead of Cam

I didnt say anything about fantasy.

statistically Rivers is playing as the best QB in the NFL right now

best record in football, highest completion % and highest YPA so its not just dink and dunk. His QB rating when throwing to Malcom Floyd (who averages 20 ypc) is 144.5

as for Fantasy,

in my leagues Rivers is 3rd in PPG 1 pt ahead of Rodgers, 4 pts ahead of Ryan and Kaepernick, and 9 pts ahead of Cam

Fantasy is everything! Who cares what a player does IRL! :thumbsup:

Anyways, yes Rivers is clearly top 5, however he's been streaky like this before in his career and could easily go full-romo before the season is over.

Fantasy is everything! Who cares what a player does IRL! :thumbsup:

Anyways, yes Rivers is clearly top 5, however he's been streaky like this before in his career and could easily go full-romo before the season is over.

Rivers worst year is on par with Romo's best, gimme a break

dude has thrown more than 2 int in a game once his entire career