Sign in to follow this  
bubba29

I Finally Gave Up on Keenan Allen

12 team, .5 ppr, 6 pt.per td., .1 pt. per yard. 19 roster spots, can start up 3 WR with flex. He is 52nd ranked WR in our league right now showing no upward trend. After drafting him in the 4th round, he has wasted space in my starting lineup hopieng he would turn it on (only happened once). This past week he was benched and it was a great move. Swapped him for LaFell off the waiver wire.

Ok

• Like 1

He's gonna blow up this week.

This is probably the case, but hes still a team killer this year. The worst kind too, since he tempts you to start him.

This is probably the case, but hes still a team killer this year. The worst kind too, since he tempts you to start him.

yup....he was poised to have a big second season. disappointing.

I still can't drop him even tho I know I should... I just know as soon as I do he will start going off

Cut bait last week... Can't have goose eggs week after week in my TD heavy league...

I don't blame ya one bit...

Along with Antonio Brown, luckily I drafted Garcon and Hilton to go with Allen.

I've only started Allen once so far.

I don't think he's a drop unless you're talking 10-team leagues with very small rosters. He's got more upside than most of the guys you can find on the wire, and likely more upside than at least one guy on your bench. It's mind-boggling that the most targeted player on the team has zero TDs.

That said, bench away. I'm starting Beckham and Colston over him this weekend and wouldn't question anybody wanting to try out Shorts, Robinson, Davante Adams, a hobo, etc.

Last year in the playoffs he went for

6-142-2 against Denver :wall:

This has to be the week. See above

This has to be the week. See above

I hope you are right. I plugged him into a Flex (PPR) spot over Gates, A.Holmes and T.Richardson.

I hope you are right. I plugged him into a Flex (PPR) spot over Gates, A.Holmes and T.Richardson.

We don't have flex and I can't sit Hilton or A. Brown

Still hope he turns it on, I have a feeling Hilton will come down

Starting him as a WR3 (behind Jordy and Dez) with confidence tonight. Should be a high scoring game with Denver, and Keenan is due for a TD. At the very least, I like him to get some good junk time yardage.

Starting him as a WR3 (behind Jordy and Dez) with confidence tonight. Should be a high scoring game with Denver, and Keenan is due for a TD. At the very least, I like him to get some good junk time yardage.

Had no idea the game tonight was SD/Denver.

I'm going to the Boston Bruins :wall:

Had no idea the game tonight was SD/Denver.

I'm going to the Boston Bruins :wall:

Yup, easily the best TNF matchup all season.

He's been sitting rotting on my bench too, but I can't bring myself to drop him yet. My goal is to wait until he blows up tonight, then try and work a trade based on his name and the perception that he's on the way back up again.

Starting him tonight even tho I dont have to. Just feel like he will have a good game and I want action on thurs night.

Starting him tonight even tho I dont have to. Just feel like he will have a good game and I want action on thurs night.

I am so tempted to start Allen over Hilton, but I can't pull the trigger

I am so tempted to start Allen over Hilton, but I can't pull the trigger

Oh hell no, Hilton is one of the best wr plays in the game right now you cant sit him.

He may get in the enzone this week but dont count on a lot of yards

Den vs #1 WR's

- Hilton 5-41, Bowe 3-40, Harvin 7-42, Floyd 1-7, Decker 6-54, Crabtree 4-27

Yeah, Denver didn't have Talib or their new Safety last season.... The pass defense is much improved. I don't own Allen though. If I did, I would likely start him anyway just to give me a player to root for on Thursday night football. That's always the kiss of death.

Oh hell no, Hilton is one of the best wr plays in the game right now you cant sit him.

I'm not going to.

He may get in the enzone this week but dont count on a lot of yards

Den vs #1 WR's

- Hilton 5-41, Bowe 3-40, Harvin 7-42, Floyd 1-7, Decker 6-54, Crabtree 4-27

Yeah, I wouldn't read much into that. Hilton is boom or bust. Bowe sucks. Harvin was barely used by Seattle. Floyd had Drew Stanton and then Logan Thomas throwing him the ball. Decker gets balls thrown by Geno. And Crabtree has been ineffective for a while, but the rest of the SF WR corps has been producing pretty well, including in that Denver game.

This is by far the best combination of QB/WRs Denver will have faced since Week 1 against Indy.

12 team, .5 ppr, 6 pt.per td., .1 pt. per yard. 19 roster spots, can start up 3 WR with flex. He is 52nd ranked WR in our league right now showing no upward trend. After drafting him in the 4th round, he has wasted space in my starting lineup hopieng he would turn it on (only happened once). This past week he was benched and it was a great move. Swapped him for LaFell off the waiver wire.

Damnit!

Started him on both of his good games so far. I love TNF!

Funny that he was just dropped today in my league - I may have to make a move on him now so he can rot on my bench. :)

Yeah, I wouldn't read much into that. Hilton is boom or bust. Bowe sucks. Harvin was barely used by Seattle. Floyd had Drew Stanton and then Logan Thomas throwing him the ball. Decker gets balls thrown by Geno. And Crabtree has been ineffective for a while, but the rest of the SF WR corps has been producing pretty well, including in that Denver game.

This is by far the best combination of QB/WRs Denver will have faced since Week 1 against Indy.

hilton boom or bust?? Been one of the most consistent WR's there are.

Give my Luck and Hilton all day over Rivers and Allen.

Bowe is as good as Allen

Harvin had 7 catches

Yes Thomas played

Decker still gets 10 targets

Crabtree still a top 15-20 guy

Yes i know Allen had the best game out of all of these, but they designed their game for his underneath routes

San Diego's offense is really balanced. I traded Allen this week and his first TD of the season coming right after I traded him doesn't really bother me.

I'm glad he finally found a TD from my bench. Now I wonder if I could move him or if I will have to wait for consecutive good weeks to get some value for the underperforming sophomore bastahd.

How's that dropping Allen feeling now?

Still having emanual sanders softens the blow. I can admit now it was a mistake to drop Allen. I am second in my league in pts scored....bottom line is with Bryant/Sanu/Sanders...Allen is still a bench guy. Could he become more consistent than Sanu? Very possible...but what's done is done.