Sign in to follow this  
Showboat

Martavis Bryant

There hasn't really been much buzz about this guy. On the surface, it seems like he should emerge during the last half of the season.

• He's a big target at 6-4 210.
  • Defenses should be heavily focused on Antonio Brown.
  • Wheaton has underwhelmed and there is not a lot of other receiving talent on the Steelers to keep him buried on the depth chart.

What am I missing?

Geez they're everywhere. Every other post you wait the kickers are going to be polluting this place.

There hasn't really been much buzz about this guy. On the surface, it seems like he should emerge during the last half of the season.

• He's a big target at 6-4 210.
  • Defenses should be heavily focused on Antonio Brown.
  • Wheaton has underwhelmed and there is not a lot of other receiving talent on the Steelers to keep him buried on the depth chart.

What am I missing?

Really nothing except he only knows a few routes
  • Like 1

He's still a project. He'll get red zone and deep ball looks the rest of this year, but it won't be till late next year/year 3 that he fully capitalizes on his potential. Big bodied late bloomer with great hands who needs to learn how to set up his routes and block better before he earns a starting gig. Ben loves him though.

First noticed him in college playing opposite Sammy Watkins. I thought he could be a Plaxico Burress type in the NFL. Big redzone target. Not sure he's a very polished NFL WR right now but I could see him being a big TD guy.

Who's going to make more noise? Bryant or Donte Moncrief? Reggie Wayne is out this week. Moncrief played more snaps than Hakeem Nicks last week.

Next year. Only has set number of plays. I think he starts next year with Weaton turning into garbage

Searched the name before I started another thread and found this one. Who are you starting Martavis Bryant over? I am benching Edelman because he seems to have falling out of grace with Brady until Gronk gets injured. Anyone else rolling the dice? He and Ben are the perfect match because Martavis has blazing speed and Ben will hold the ball long enough for him to get open. Sunday night game against the Ravens is perfect for him to take Weaton's spot. Ravens are down a corner and the run defense will stop Bell. Advantage Bryant!

• Like 1

Martavis or CPAT been going back and forth on this one all week long. :dunno:

Matavis

Pro's: Better QB, one of the hottest WR in the league, Heath Miller comes back down to earth this week giving Martavis even more looks.

Cons: Does he even start?, still splitting snaps with Wheaton?, Rookie WR, Big Ben is not going to throw for 500 yards every week.

Cordelle

Pro's: Number #1 WR for the Viks? Looks like the most talented player on the offense, with Mckinnon, that the Viks have, was clutch in the 4th quarter last week should carry over into this week, Redskins D likely in line for a big letdown after the Dallas game and short week.

Cons: Bridgewater throwing him the ball, no consistency whatsoever this season, could be the "Trent Richardson" of the draft this year.

Verdict: Going with Martavis so CPAT should be good for 139 yards and two TD's this weekend. I just don't trust Bridgewater.

PD

Searched the name before I started another thread and found this one. Who are you starting Martavis Bryant over? I am benching Edelman because he seems to have falling out of grace with Brady until Gronk gets injured. Anyone else rolling the dice? He and Ben are the perfect match because Martavis has blazing speed and Ben will hold the ball long enough for him to get open. Sunday night game against the Ravens is perfect for him to take Weaton's spot. Ravens are down a corner and the run defense will stop Bell. Advantage Bryant!

This...all of this

I'm mulling it over Bryant vs. 28th rated passing defense. Or Odell vs. 8th passing defense.

Thoughts?

I'm mulling it over Bryant vs. 28th rated passing defense. Or Odell vs. 8th passing defense.

Thoughts?

With Vontae Davis back, you go with Bryant.

With Vontae Davis back, you go with Bryant.

Odell is matched up with him? I read Silva saying he will be going against both CBs depending on what side he lines up against. Davis on one side, Koler on the other, left side. Koler is pretty bad. Obviously Davis is not 100% either. I think Odell breaks out, but I also like Bryant v. Balt.

I'll pass....I just don't see anything special.

Says the guy who missed picking him up.

I grabbed him in my dynasty league 2 weeks ago.

At the moment I have him starting over: Sanu, Andre Holmes, and John Brown.

Mainly deciding on Bryant or Sanu. With Green back, Sanu will see less targets.

Odell is matched up with him? I read Silva saying he will be going against both CBs depending on what side he lines up against. Davis on one side, Koler on the other, left side. Koler is pretty bad. Obviously Davis is not 100% either. I think Odell breaks out, but I also like Bryant v. Balt.

Even if Davis covers ODB half the time, I still go Bryant.

Starting him today but not over anyone else, rest of roster on bye week. Guy is very intriguing and the type of player that can get you 10+ pts. on any one play. That said, today he could be M I A but got a feeling he ends up around 6-8 targets with 5 /75 and another TD. Long term looks great working opp. Brown and gaining Roth`s confidence.

Ben just can't throw to Brown 30 times, right? Hope the Ravens shut down Bell too.

Ok at first I was going to wait until the Pittsburgh game to comment but Edelman is kicking ass! Hopefully Martavis will score just as many TD's to make up for my poor decision.

Even if Davis covers ODB half the time, I still go Bryant.

I decided to play both and bench McKinnon. Let's see how this plays out.

On my bench but looking like my new #2 WR (behind Green) moving forward. Mike Floyd is kinda worthless at this point, and I just traded Jeffery for Bradshaw. Cooks is my current #2 but too unpredictable.

First noticed him in college playing opposite Sammy Watkins. I thought he could be a Plaxico Burress type in the NFL. Big redzone target. Not sure he's a very polished NFL WR right now but I could see him being a big TD guy.

I said he'd be a big TD guy but even I wasn't expecting this. :shocking:

I said he'd be a big TD guy but even I wasn't expecting this. :shocking:

I hope he eventually evolves into a high yardage receiver, TD's are to hit or miss and unreliable.

And on a side note, the NFL "Experts" on NFL Fantasy Live couldn't of been more wrong about Bryant last week.

Not many targets, and it is risky to play a guy who is fairly useless without tds, but it's working. I played him two weeks in a row and am loving it.

- kid's gotta be in your lineups without fail as long as this Volek-esque run by big doosh Ben keeps chuggin along.

the hot hand.

hth.

- kid's gotta be in your lineups without fail as long as this Volek-esque run by big doosh Ben keeps chuggin along.

the hot hand.

hth.

Someone dropped Big Ben weeks ago after his slow start so I picked him up to cover Rodgers' bye and I picked up Bryant from waivers last week to cover Cobb's bye.

I was pissed after Ben threw the 6 TDs while on my bench last week and immediately went on the "Vent & Rant" thread to 'voice' my displeasure about him 'blowing his load' one week too soon.

After last night's game, however, I'm having visions of a "Volek-esque" run with Ben and Bryant :headbanger:

Got him in 2 of 3 leagues. Played him in one this week...due to heavy Byes

This stable of receivers in one of my leagues is ridiculous:

Jordy Nelson

Golden Tate

Josh Gordon

Martavis Bryant

Roddy White

Doug Baldwin

I may need to broker a trade to shore up my RBs:

Bradshaw

Miller

Oliver

Ivory

My receivers are crazier dude and it's in a 14 team PPR keeper league.

Jordy Nelson

Dez Bryant

Emmanuel Sanders

Julian Edelman

Josh Gordon

Markavis Bryant

RB's

Ronnie Hillman

Raashad Jennings

Darren Sproles

And my QB is Mr. Wonderful himself

Andrew Luck

:first:

My receivers are crazier dude and it's in a 14 team PPR keeper league.

Jordy Nelson

Dez Bryant

Emmanuel Sanders

Julian Edelman

Josh Gordon

Markavis Bryant

RB's

Ronnie Hillman

Raashad Jennings

Darren Sproles

And my QB is Mr. Wonderful himself

Andrew Luck

:first:

Crazy receivers Dude! RBs have been a tough story all around this year.