Sign in to follow this  
fucrew

Keeper League help

I'm in a keeper league and currently have C. Portis and J. Jones under contract. Last year i was last in our league in WR points. I now currently only have J. Walker under contract.

I'm pretty sure that T. Barber and C. Johnson will be available at my slot this year (#2 overall)....who do i pick? In our league we give our players contracts based on their years of experience and how many years we want to sign them to. So do i draft a 31 yr old Tiki Barber that i would only sign for 2 years because of his age or do i draft a 28 yr old Chad Johnson for 4 years. RB's are always a premium and because of the injury to C. Palmer, Chad's stats will be down atleast for this year.

Any thoughts would help...thanks!

I'm in a keeper league and currently have C. Portis and J. Jones under contract. Last year i was last in our league in WR points. I now currently only have J. Walker under contract.

I'm pretty sure that T. Barber and C. Johnson will be available at my slot this year (#2 overall)....who do i pick? In our league we give our players contracts based on their years of experience and how many years we want to sign them to. So do i draft a 31 yr old Tiki Barber that i would only sign for 2 years because of his age or do i draft a 28 yr old Chad Johnson for 4 years. RB's are always a premium and because of the injury to C. Palmer, Chad's stats will be down atleast for this year.

Any thoughts would help...thanks!

Keep JJ and draft Tiki. There's your 3 backs for the year. Get M Barber as your handcuff and go WR WR WR in rounds 2-4 of your draft.

Keep JJ and draft Tiki. There's your 3 backs for the year. Get M Barber as your handcuff and go WR WR WR in rounds 2-4 of your draft.

yep that is very good advice.

With those three RB's and a couple servicable/reliable WR's you should be able to make a run for it this year.

good luck

See mine please.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=214943

Portis and Jones? Whats wrong with that? Add Chad Johnson, even if he has a bad season he should finish top 10 and will be top 5 for the next four years. Run with that.

Johnson is the way to go.

If you haven't heard, Tiki has said that he's considering retiring after this season. When people talk about retiring at the *end* of a season, you can often discount that. But when a player starts talking *before* the season about retiring afterwards...that's something to pay attention to.

Chad Johnson is one of the elite receivers in the league. Tiki is good, but he's on his way out. How would you feel if you put him under contract and he retired after this year?

Keep Chad. Tiki is already talking about retiring after this year because of all the non football business ventures he has going. You should be fine with the 2 solid RB's you already have. Try drafting guys like Maroney and Addai and you should be set for years to come.

i moved Chad way up based on palmer reports. be sure to handcuff JJ w/ Marion at some point if he is available. JJ, Portis, Chad, and Javon. Now we're talking championship. why pick up tiki if you are going to sit one of your RBs every week. get a guy that can play every week like chad.

create your core and then build around it.

Do you want to win this year??

If the answer is yes, you will sign Tiki to a one year deal.

Chad is great, don't get me wrong, but to have Tiki and Portis on your team gives you a better shot right now. Worry about next year next year.

Also remember that JJ has Barber who will be the starter by season's end IMO.

Good Luck!!

Chad is great, don't get me wrong, but to have Tiki and Portis on your team gives you a better shot right now. Worry about next year next year.

To do well in a keeper league, you have to worry about more than just the upcoming year. Johnson will get you a lot of points this year...not like you're picking up a rookie 'future stud' WR. Chad will help you this year, and a lot more in future years than Tiki will. Chad's one of the top 3 receivers in the league...there's a very good chance you won't get a chance to pick him up next year.

Get Chad now. IF Tiki is going to retire, aren't they likely to start giving Jacobs, or someone else, some carries this year?

Thanks Fellas, it looks like i can't go wrong either way since it's almost a 50/50 split based on your replies. Thanks for the update on Tiki retireing update. I haven't heard about that yet. That will definitely affect my decision since i had the great Ricky Williams on my team with 2 year left on his contract when he decided to "retire". I don't want to have to deal with that again. Good luck to you all this year!

Go Skins!