Sign in to follow this  
evenflow814

Which 3rd keeper?

I need to pick a third keeper from Green, McNair, Volek, and Chris Cooley (to go with LJ and Fitz). It's a PPR with rec TDs 6pts, passing TDs 4pts, 1pt/20yds passing. I'm leaning toward Green, just wondering if anyone is high on any of the other guys.

Thanks.

Go Green.

McNair probably won't make it 14 games this year and even if he does, Green will quietly throw for 3800-4000 yards yet again this year.

Volek is walking the plank with Vince Young jamming the sword in his back. Any kind of falter on his part and Young is moving in.

Cooley is intriguing, but questionable. I don't know if he's reached keeper-status or not.

All that said, and Green might only be good for this year. If it's a matter of keeping someone for the long haul, the story might be different....

This is a tough one.

Green won't do great this year. Herm Edwards will ride Larry Johnson like a two dollar ######, which leaves little for Green to do. He had a down year from his usual last year, and it'll only get worse. If you didn't hear, Willie Roaf retired. That means that Gonzo will be kept back to block more often (again), which leaves the newly upset-about-his-contract Eddie Kennison and the ho-hum Parker to throw to...well, and LJ, who did some good damage in the passing game too, I'll admit. But Green will be down from last year.

McNair...in a keeper league? That's reaching.

Volek...hmmm...did you see the huge contract they gave Vince Young? I about crapped a golden banana when I saw that. Young won't be sitting on the bench for long.

Cooley...well, he's in an improving offense, he's young, and will only get better. But he's not elite at his position either.

Other things to look at: what are the other owners in your league keeping? Can you get a chance to see other keepers before making your decision? If a lot of TEs are being kept, keep a QB...Green, then Volek, I'd say, but it's almost a coin toss between them. If a lot of QBs are being kept, then keep Cooley.

Why go opposite? Because if everyone else has QBs, they won't be looking to draft QBs, and you'll have a shot at getting one of yours, or another good one, in the draft.

Tough call.

I would keep Cooley, as long as you have to keep another. If not, I wouldn't keep anyone else on that list. Every player on that list will go after round 7 (at a minimum) anyway.