Sign in to follow this  
edjr

we all love to sh1t on old man Jerrah Jones. Time for a mea culpa re: Cooper trade

Somehow I've had Cooper 3 years in a row in an auction league so I've been following pretty close, course he showed huge flashes, but the last two years he was banged up, shoulder, high ankle sprain. Had a lot of drops last year, no doubt. Then Oakland is always focked up... And Carr really seems to have regressed, imo. Thought he was gonna be good but jury is still out. Now Chuckie tearing everything up, back at the draft he said he was going to feature coop in the offense, now he's not even on the team... Can't believe a thing that dude says as a coach.

Im not worried about Wentz. Hes got a 21/7 TD to INtrationand a 102 QBR in whats clearly been a bad season. Hes also a 3rd year starter. Wentzs best football is still to come. Get him fully healthy and he will be fine.

The OL and lack of a running game is the big issue on offense. The secondary is the big problem on D. Theyre down three corners (both starters) and a FS and frankly werent that great last year.

The Champs will be back. :first:

Thats he's a big time player worth a first round pick and a salary cap hit.

Hey im not a pay a WR guy. But they were going WR in the 1st and needed one bad. If the have real cap problems in next 3 years we can look back and rip the move. I assume they researched the cap impact before they made the deal.

But like i said before. Get rid of EE. Dont pay fool like him at that position with what will soon be a ton of miles on his tires.

I'm not buying it. I saw a few broken plays and a tipped ball. In a battle between Carr and Dak I'm taking Carr. I think Amari is soft.

Yeah, I haven't seen many of his plays in Dallas, I've just been surprised by his stats. But from what I saw in Oakland, I thought he was soft. He wasn't one of those receivers who you could just throw the ball to when he was covered and expect him to outfight the corner for the ball.

Serious question....Is JJ the GM of the Cowboys? Do they have a GM?

I believe he IS the GM as well as the owner. Al Davis was the same way for the Raiders.

My grandpas favorite saying when hustling pool.

Id rather be lucky than good.

True.........But the Boys also deserve some credit too.

* Jerry defied the odds and finally got one right. Amari has not only been golden - but he saved Red's ass, Linehan's ass and the season.

* The defense has been ridiculous, dominant at times... All the gambles this team took have come 2gether - from Vander Esch to Gregory to Jaylon to drafting Cheeto to moving Jones back to CB to drafting Gallop - it's all hit at once... But maybe the 2 biggest credits go to landing Kris Richard and S. Lee going down for 4 weeks......... Yes you heard that right, S. Lee being out was a blessing - a blessing in the name of Vander Esch.

* The offensive line.. As decimated as they are, w/out Fredrick, they have found a way to run the ball... Look no further than firing Alexander and going back to Zone blocking - it's changed everything.

How long will it last? Idk - still plenty of weaknesses to expose...... Namely at QB. You can't possibly advance in January when your QB keeps fumbling and throwing picks left and right.