Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Mid Term Elections

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/16/new-poll-suggests-democrats-wont-sweep-midterms/23563097/

A new poll suggests the Democrats might not regain control of Congress like they're hoping.

In 2010 and 2014 Republicans were able to sweep to power, but a CNBC All-America Economic Survey suggests the Democrats won’t sweep the midterms.
The Democrats do have a six-point lead but both Republican and Democratic pollsters told CNBC that the 42 to 36 percent margin isn’t going to cause an electoral wave.
Republican pollster Micah Roberts said economic confidence is a part of the reason some people are voting Republican.

I wonder how gun-shy the Dem's are about trusting polling this time around?

They've painted themselves into a corner by entertaining all the wacky leftist groups out there. Middle America doesn't want to hear about 'I identify as _______' or 'Illegals should be protected (so they can vote)'.

They've painted themselves into a corner by entertaining all the wacky leftist groups out there. Middle America doesn't want to hear about 'I identify as _______' or 'Illegals should be protected (so they can vote)'.

I think the Kavanaugh episode likely has invigorated the radical elements of both parties, but I also think it has energized more moderate elements of the right-leaning libertarians as well. I think the Dem's fought this one the wrong way it it might come back to hurt them more than help them, only time will tell.

• Like 2

I'm just curious what the democrats have to offer working and middle class people. Forget white men, they have made it clear that we ought to shut up and feel guilty about everything. But what about the rest of the workforce? Raise taxes? Import more workers?

I'm just curious what the democrats have to offer working and middle class people. Forget white men, they have made it clear that we ought to shut up and feel guilty about everything. But what about the rest of the workforce? Raise taxes? Import more workers?

I think the premise of their approach is that if you are a white male you should be ashamed as you are in possession of things you do not deserve.

I think the premise of their approach is that if you are a white male you should be ashamed as you are in possession of things you do not deserve.

Exactly. You have to be an idiot to vote for a party that continues to blame you for everything.

Exactly. You have to be an idiot to vote for a party that continues to blame you for everything.

But they are out there, the indoctrination at Universities in particular is effective, if you do not subscribe to the dogma very nasty consequences arise, so at the very least you have to pretend to agree with it....and there is a segment of cucks out there eating this nonsense up.

Dems need to spend more time fighting for a living wage, employee and consumer protections, affordable healthcare etc. And less time talking about metoo, BLM and trannies.

• Like 1

If a woman says she's sexually assaulted she must be believed and the perp prosecuted. But if the perp is black and goes to jail it's racism.

I am in CA, so my red vote doesn't matter...but I will do it anyways.

Eventually CA has to go back to red. People keep throwing around how CA has the 5th (or 6 or 7th) largest economy blah blah, but they fail to mention that only 30% of the people who live here can actuallly afford to buy a home and that our state tax rates (income, sales, gas) are so freaking high it's ridiculous.

Gavin Newsome will probably win and he's worse than Brown; and Brown has driven this state into the shitter.

Other things on the ballot are cleaner and better farms/animal treatment (will likely result in more expensive meat). Lots of stuff about increasing our gas tax to pay for roads and that are falling apart (Oroville Dam last year totally broke and nearly flooded a city because of erosion and how they haven't been inspecting it for decades). Anything that raises taxes will get a NO vote from me. There are a few healthcare things on there too; limiting how much dialysis clinics can charge, LOTS of housing stuff too; rent control for homes (will make the housing market worse in the long run, but peoople just hear "RENT CONTROL" and will vote yes).

No one pays attention to what a lot of these propositions REALLY mean...then they want higher wages because costs more.

READ people.

• Like 2

When you have wet bag corporatists like Mitch McConnell leading the party, it's hard for GOP voters to get excited whereas the Dems don't have that problem. The Orange Hitler orangutan has had the Dems freaking out; they've been in perpetual protest mode for two years straight. It doesn't matter that the economy is going good and the dumb wars are ending, the fruitcakes are going to resist because blindly following whatever the Establishment tells you to believe is how SJWs fight the power.

The GOP was getting complacent and were having a hare time getting anything going through most of the summer but they're peaking at the right time. The Kavanaugh stuff and the various Dem implosions via fruitcake eruptions and then Hillary, Holder, Elizabeth Warren making messes seem to get them out of their slumber and polls are a lot better for the GOP lately. They need to keep their p*ssed offedness up another three weeks, it took the SJW Dems batsh*t craziness is helping them out as did the moronic stumbling of some limpwristed mumbling GOP senators who looked like they were screwing over Kavanaugh to get the GOP fired them up.

The GOP does have potentially fired up people but the energy is kept in check. Other than Trump himself the Tea Party set is largely out of power, the Jeb! corporatist neocons still run the party and the lot of them are uninspiring fock all idiots. The fire hasn't been there like it has with the SJW freaks on the left in meltdown mode. This latest Dem overboard nonsense seems to be helping the GOP though. The polls have flipped from all summer and the GOP has momentum. The Senate they likely pick up a few seats, the House is likely a slight Dem majority but maybe not. It'd be a great pleasurable laugh to witness all the snowflake heads explode if the GOP can expand the Senate and hold the House. We'll see.

No idea what mid term elections are even for. Governors and stuff?

:mellow:

Feel free to wake the fock up. But if you don't want to look into it, do everyone in your state a favor and after work on the 6th, go straight home and watch a few movies then go to bed early.

Dems need to spend more time fighting for a living wage, employee and consumer protections, affordable healthcare etc. And less time talking about metoo, BLM and trannies.

Yes, but they aren't and won't. And that's why they likely won't get the results they are wanting in 2018. The stuff that motivates the SJW cr@ptivists has limited appeal and alienates everybody else. If the results aren't up to snuff in 2018, see if they figure that out by 2020.

No idea what mid term elections are even for. Governors and stuff?

Every two years in between the Presidential Elections (every four years) you have Congressional Elections (every two years) and in some cases, Senate elections (every six years) and Gubernatorial (governor) elections, etc.......

Eventually CA has to go back to red. People keep throwing around how CA has the 5th (or 6 or 7th) largest economy blah blah, but they fail to mention that only 30% of the people who live here can actuallly afford to buy a home and that our state tax rates (income, sales, gas) are so freaking high it's ridiculous.

Gavin Newsome will probably win and he's worse than Brown; and Brown has driven this state into the shitter.

Other things on the ballot are cleaner and better farms/animal treatment (will likely result in more expensive meat). Lots of stuff about increasing our gas tax to pay for roads and ###### that are falling apart (Oroville Dam last year totally broke and nearly flooded a city because of erosion and how they haven't been inspecting it for decades). Anything that raises taxes will get a NO vote from me. There are a few healthcare things on there too; limiting how much dialysis clinics can charge, LOTS of housing stuff too; rent control for homes (will make the housing market worse in the long run, but peoople just hear "RENT CONTROL" and will vote yes).

No one pays attention to what a lot of these propositions REALLY mean...then they want higher wages because ###### costs more.

READ people.

I don't really know much about local California issues. Some make national news like the homeless in San Francisco and the water problems and immigration but what you're talking about, I don't know much.

I think you have an interesting Senate race. That doesn't mean a good one, it would make me want to barf to have to choose, but interesting nonetheless. Fro a social scientist perspective, as opposed to that of a California voter dealing with a migraine headache, we get to gauge the relative power of the rival Dem factions between the uninspiring corrupt evil insider corporatist hack that's been there forever and the younger, obnoxious SJW freakazoid faction.

Not my senator, not my problem. But which flavor of awful California chooses will be interesting as it'll be a window to evaluate the strength of the various factions nationwide.

We had another thread on this I think. In it I said that that the Dems are 55-45 in favor of getting the house back. But they just keep stepping on their dicks. If they don't get it back, this election will be devastating. Trump is already looking at likely 1 and possibly 2 more SC nominations.

Talk about painting yourself into a corner. Trump came out today and said that he's responsible for something like 48 victories in one loss already. Okay, he didn't actually take responsibility for the one loss. That's a shock. But now he's painting the entire midterm as being about him. Because that's the kind of narcissistic xxx he is.

Fine buddy, plaster yer mug all over the candidates in the midterms. We'll see how that works out for you.

But in the end, if it goes south? We know he runs away from responsibility like the damn Roadrunner.

Honestly, as much as the national media wants to make this a Trump versus the woman story? I think each and every race is going to boil down to be very very much local. Based on individual candidates, not who does or doesn't back them.

Ill be voting Rick Scott for Senator (also think he will be our 2024 president).

Ron DeSantis for Governor.

Ashley Moody for AG.

I still need to read over all our amendments we are voting on as there are 12 of them, so not sure there yet. The local stuff I might just leave blank because I dont even know the candidates.

I haven't voted in years. It's not that I'm apathetic... It's just that I don't give a shitte.

My red vote has never counted either. First in Upstate NY and now in Washington State.

Wouldn’t get out of bed to vote even if I thought it made a difference. There’s people for that, they can handle it.

Wouldnt get out of bed to vote even if I thought it made a difference. Theres people for that, they can handle it.

I wonder how the people who've given their lives for you to have the right to vote would view that attitude.

I wonder how the people who've given their lives for you to have the right to vote would view that attitude.

Theyd prolly be appalled at the cretins we have running for office.

• Like 1

I probably wont be voting at all.

Good. You don't love this country anyway. You just live here.

I probably wont be voting at all.

still not over helping trump win eh? :(

He's not running this time little bud. He cant hurt you.

About the only dem I'll be voting for is a stat rep. Because i personally know he's a good man.

still not over helping trump win eh? :(

He's not running this time little bud. He cant hurt you.

Hes not running in November. :wave:

Also rmff 🐕

Other things on the ballot are cleaner and better farms/animal treatment (will likely result in more expensive meat). Lots of stuff about increasing our gas tax to pay for roads and ###### that are falling apart (Oroville Dam last year totally broke and nearly flooded a city because of erosion and how they haven't been inspecting it for decades). Anything that raises taxes will get a NO vote from me. There are a few healthcare things on there too; limiting how much dialysis clinics can charge, LOTS of housing stuff too; rent control for homes (will make the housing market worse in the long run, but peoople just hear "RENT CONTROL" and will vote yes).

No one pays attention to what a lot of these propositions REALLY mean...then they want higher wages because ###### costs more.

READ people.

Gavin Newsom is the absolute worst thing that can happen to us, and we already know hes going to win

For Voltaire who asked about some of the California stuff, there is a Rent Control initiative here that will make it so that not only you can't rent your house for what you want and fair market value, but you also have to pay more taxes to rent your house out

There is also the gas tax initiative that I think is going to win, which is good, as it stops another 62 cents a gallon from being added to a gallon

Did you know the Texas is one of only 13 states that still doesn't allow online voter registration? And, early voting starts Monday. They still have 25000 manual voter registrations that were turned in on a timely basis that they haven't processed.

Unless you're solo jective is to make sure that you limit the number of people who can vote? Why would you have something like this? It's one thing if your New Hampshire, but Texas? Jesus.

In North Dakota the race for so many is especially tight. And for decades, you could show up and vote with standard tribal ID if you happen to be a resident of a Native American reservation. I'm which, I'm guessing there's more than a few in North Dakota. Yeah well, they changed the rules now. Now you have to have an actual Street, home address. Unfortunately, apparently that's not how it's structured on a reservation. Do you think some folks knew that when they came up with this brand new rule?

Honestly, I don't know the answer to this, but I'd like to. How many times in the last say 20 years, has the person who won the popular vote become president?

So, Brian Kemp is a secretary of state in Georgia. He's also running for congress. 40 black seniors all loaded onto a bus to go vote early. They were told that they couldn't do so. There's no law saying that 40 people can't all get on the same bus and show up at the same place and vote. They all have proper ID and registration and whatnot. So you know who gets to investigate this? Brian camp. A lily white guy. Who is going up against the first African American candidate in Georgia. Do you think Brian Kemp is going to be in any hurry to investigate this kind of voter intimidation anytime soon? Any hurry to make it right this time?

Jesus, we are so incompetent Lee corrupt. I think we be at least more sophisticated about it. Or less worried about 40 bucks seniors.

Jesus, we are so incompetently corrupt. Here's a thought, if the guy responsible for overseeing the election is on the ballot? Name somebody else.

In North Dakota the race for so many is especially tight. And for decades, you could show up and vote with standard tribal ID if you happen to be a resident of a Native American reservation. I'm which, I'm guessing there's more than a few in North Dakota. Yeah well, they changed the rules now. Now you have to have an actual Street, home address. Unfortunately, apparently that's not how it's structured on a reservation. Do you think some folks knew that when they came up with this brand new rule?

I bet they have an address when it comes to getting their mail. Cut the nonsense.

I bet they have an address when it comes to getting their mail. Cut the nonsense.

Well, rather than betting on things? Why don't you just educate yourself? And, no. Turns out, reservations that have been around for decades or centuries aren't laid out the same way your cookie-cutter suburbs are.