Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

start 1 qb, 2-3 rbs, 2-4 wrs, 1 te, 1k, 1 D/st

My team

QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RBs Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Grant, Evan Royster, Deangelo Williams

WRs Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith (car) Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, Jordan Norwood, Mike Thomas, jarrett Dillard, Devonne Bess, Doug Baldwin, Danario Alexander, Andre Roberts

TE Gronk, Celek, Housler

K Henery, Kasay

D/ST Lions, Saints

pick 1.3, 2.1, 2.3, 3.2

What do you guys think of these offers?

Trade A

I get McCoy

I give Nicks, Reggie Bush, pick 3

Trade B

I get Matt Moore, Pick 1.12, Jacoby Ford, Vincent Brown

I give Matt Flynn and Leshoure

Trade C (dont like this one)

I give Marshawn Lynch, Nicks, Steve Smith

I get Ryan Mathews, Denarius Moore, Amendola and pick 2.2

start 1 qb, 2-3 rbs, 2-4 wrs, 1 te, 1k, 1 D/st

My team

QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RBs Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Grant, Evan Royster, Deangelo Williams

WRs Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith (car) Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, Jordan Norwood, Mike Thomas, jarrett Dillard, Devonne Bess, Doug Baldwin, Danario Alexander, Andre Roberts

TE Gronk, Celek, Housler

K Henery, Kasay

D/ST Lions, Saints

pick 1.3, 2.1, 2.3, 3.2

What do you guys think of these offers?

Trade A

I get McCoy

I give Nicks, Reggie Bush, pick 3

Trade B

I get Matt Moore, Pick 1.12, Jacoby Ford, Vincent Brown

I give Matt Flynn and Leshoure

Trade C (dont like this one)

I give Marshawn Lynch, Nicks, Steve Smith

I get Ryan Mathews, Denarius Moore, Amendola and pick 2.2

I don't like A or C. I do like B.

IMO - I really like Brown, and nailed him in all my drafts last year. And I'm not to thrilled with Leshoure. That was before his injury, and before his recent drug problems.

You could be on to something, he reminds me of a cross between OJ McDuffie/Reggie Wayne. How bad was his knee injury?

Today via rotoworld

"

Oklahoma WR Ryan Broyles (ACL surgery) ran forty times of 4.57 and 4.59 at his personal Pro Day Thursday.

He also had a 32.5-inch vertical. They're not stellar marks, but Broyles is just five months removed from tearing his left ACL. The fact that he's able to run forty yards in a dead spring suggests Broyles is in the final stages of his recovery, if not fully over it. He could sneak back into the third round.

"

I don't like A or C. I do like B.

IMO - I really like Brown, and nailed him in all my drafts last year. And I'm not to thrilled with Leshoure. That was before his injury, and before his recent drug problems.

I agree here, A and C hurt you more then they help

A: Shaddy is a fantastic piece but Nicks/bush and probably RG3 or Luck seems like a boatload to give up for anyone IMO..

B: I dont see Flynn or Leshoure starting for you anytime soon so gaining the 1.12 and brown seems like a great pick up

C: you know its bad, I know its bad.. nothing really needs to be said..

side note: you have a very solid squad, this is 12 team I assume? :dunno: tell me you didnt finish 9th? (hence the 1.03)

I agree here, A and C hurt you more then they help

A: Shaddy is a fantastic piece but Nicks/bush and probably RG3 or Luck seems like a boatload to give up for anyone IMO..

B: I dont see Flynn or Leshoure starting for you anytime soon so gaining the 1.12 and brown seems like a great pick up

C: you know its bad, I know its bad.. nothing really needs to be said..

side note: you have a very solid squad, this is 12 team I assume? :dunno: tell me you didnt finish 9th? (hence the 1.03)

Nope I was actually the Championship Team and traded for the 1.3 in an earlier deal...I took B. Get a pick Jacoby Ford has some potential and I like Browns potential. plus the pick. I see Flynn only played a couple of games and Leshoure and his problems probably will continue

ugh another thread filled with Matt's Eagles "should I accept Hakeem Nicks for Devin Aromashodu and the 39th pick in the rookie draft?"

"oh I should? ok well I'll offer it now and see if the other owner accepts"

i'll stop reading now and save myself the bother

:wacko:

He has really only posted two of these in four pages of posts, so I consider that Matt's Eagles is well below his average of nuisance multiple hypothetical trade scenario posts. I think sometimes we respond to him out of sheer boredom, but most of us have learned by now not to respond to these. I agree that he does tend to clutter if not hijack an otherwise significant thread though.

But he is slowly improving the quality of his posts. Sometimes we even see a legitimately relevant one from him - his post on page two of this thread for example. ;)

I'll take your word for it.

Maclin, AJ Green, Roddy and Jordy nelson

two questions: who do you guys rank lowest of that group for dynasty? and what RB would I look to target for the odd man out?

Just fyi: non PPR, touchdown 6pts, 16 team, pretty standard scoring

Roddy is the guy to trade. Best name recognition, will be highest ranked on re-draft lists, oldest, isn't a speed guy, has a younger better WR there to overtake him as WR1 (julio) and non-PPR confirms it.

If you could have any 2 of these guys listed which would you choose?

Dez Bryant

Mike Wallace

Phillip Rivers

Tonry Romo

Without knowing what QBs might be available, I'd still keep Dez Bryant & Mike Wallace unless this is a start 2 QB league

For the same reasons I'd take a WR1 ahead of a QB1 and those 2 QBs aren't even Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers

-------------------------------

Last few years I've traded (all in the off-season when dynasty owners become fickle and before the players' value plummeted):

Torry Holt & Alge Crumpler for Roddy White & Owen Daniels (Aug 2008)

Brandon Jacobs for Matt Stafford (Spring 2010)

Peyton Hillis & James Jones for Tom Brady (Spring 2011)

-------------------------------

Have 3 spots avail if anyone is interested (PM me)...brand new auction/salary cap/dynasty/keeper hybrid:

32 teams

lots of trading before cut-down each year

not cheap

best setup I've ever seen (adopted from another league I was in for the last couple yrs)

rules page

I'm just curious. Why would you ever start up a 32 team dynasty league? I read somewhere that most dynasty leagues fold within 5 years, which is a sad commentary on their management. I would think the problems faced by a commissioner of a league that big would be a real headache, especially league retention problems. I know I'd never attempt a league of that scale.

At any rate, good luck with it.

I'm just curious. Why would you ever start up a 32 team dynasty league? I read somewhere that most dynasty leagues fold within 5 years, which is a sad commentary on their management. I would think the problems faced by a commissioner of a league that big would be a real headache, especially league retention problems. I know I'd never attempt a league of that scale.

thanks. it really functions as two 16-team leagues and the winner of each meets in the championship. but its made up of owners from a 12 team league who have been together since 1999 and another core group of guys who have been playing together for years. at worst, a few owners will need to be replaced over time...but it's setup well to do that and not miss a beat.

I actually play in a 32 team dynasty.. joined out of bordem one off season but have found it to be awesome!

It very quickly increased my knowlage of the lower teir players in the league as almost everyone is rostered.

That said I wouldnt even dream of being a comish of somthing like that! he has been working his ass off to keep up and find replacment owners as required. I would say we have like 20 very solid active owners and 6 slackers and 4 new owners for this year.

biggest thing is to enforce the activity laws.. say u must log in every three days in the season, maybe one time a week in the offseason? :banana:

ugh another thread filled with Matt's Eagles "should I accept Hakeem Nicks for Devin Aromashodu and the 39th pick in the rookie draft?"

"oh I should? ok well I'll offer it now and see if the other owner accepts"

i'll stop reading now and save myself the bother

:wacko:

The deals i write down are never that bad....if you dont you want to reply then don't no need to attack

He has really only posted two of these in four pages of posts, so I consider that Matt's Eagles is well below his average of nuisance multiple hypothetical trade scenario posts. I think sometimes we respond to him out of sheer boredom, but most of us have learned by now not to respond to these. I agree that he does tend to clutter if not hijack an otherwise significant thread though.

But he is slowly improving the quality of his posts. Sometimes we even see a legitimately relevant one from him - his post on page two of this thread for example. ;)

Umm hijack a dynasty Q and A...thats what this thread is about asking questions.

Shifting the discussion from the appropriateness of questions about multiple hypothetical trade scenarios, here are our dynasty league trades from the first two weeks of April. These are presented to perhaps stimulate some discussion or give you an idea of relative player valuation in our league. I wasn't extremely aggressive, but I pulled the trigger twice, in trades #5 and #7.

Our first four rounds are the rookie/ developmental draft and round 5 begins the 1st round of the 5 round supplemental draft, so 5.01 would be the first pick of five rounds of "leftovers" after the rostered 15 active players and the 4 round rookie draft is over.

That said, here were the deals:

1. •Duh Manning! gave up * Davis, Knile FA RB

•San Diego Schmucks gave up Little, Greg CLE WR

2. •San Diego Schmucks gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.06;Year 2012 Draft Pick 5.11

•Cheesehead gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2012 Draft Pick 7.07

3. •Cheesehead gave up Baldwin, Jon KCC WR;Tamme, Jacob DEN TE

•Silly Rabbit gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.06

4. •Duh Manning! gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.01;Year 2012 Draft Pick 5.09

•Cincinnati Prancers gave up Bush, Michael CHI RB

5. •The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Cobb, Randall GBP WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 6.04;Year 2012 Draft Pick 7.04

•Yeti Brethren gave up Wayne, Reggie IND WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 5.03;Year 2012 Draft Pick 9.03

6. •Combative Clowns gave up Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

•ColourHaze gave up Ingram, Mark NOS RB

7. •The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up McGahee, Willis DEN RB; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

•HitNRun gave up Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from HitNRun

FWIW, these trades, combined with the trades made in March, makes 18 trades since trading opened March 1st. San Diego Schmucks was most active with 7 trades and I (The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics) am tied for second most with Cheesehead. We each pulled the trigger 6 times.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

Im having a hard time adapting to your early draft players ( i.e. Davis).

Little seems to be a good pick by the browns who may get even better if the browns do draft Tannenhill.

To trade him away, for a player still over a year away from the NFL, seems difficult to discuss.

Cory

I'm kind of a "bird in hand" man myself, but who am I to secondguess what our owners are thinking. That's what makes this league so funky. Knile Davis just could turn out to be next year's Trent Richardson. Or not?

If the interest still exists, I am willing to start up and Commish a new Dynasty League for FFToday die-hards.

I am willing to run it on MFL, $100 entry (League Safe), no IDP, PPR. Veteran draft would take place in June.

Rookie-only Draft would take place in August, no College Devy picks.

Otherwise, it would mirror many of the features of the League that MFM has been talking about...(I am in this League - Fat Bastards Dynasty)).

So, if you like MFM's approach, this would be very similar.

Let me know if you are interested: temerity71@hotmail.com

If the interest still exists, I am willing to start up and Commish a new Dynasty League for FFToday die-hards.

I am willing to run it on MFL, $100 entry (League Safe), no IDP, PPR. Veteran draft would take place in June.

Otherwise, it would mirror many of the features of the League that MFM has been talking about...(I am in this League - Fat Bastards Dynasty)).

I'd only tell you guys that any league the Genius would commish would be a well run league, and I sure would encourage anyone who was looking for a dynasty league of FF'Ters to get involved. I'm committed to too many leagues this year already, but if the Evil Genius twisted my arm with a phone call needing a 12th man, I'd strongly consider joining it myself.

OK, im in...

I'll PM you my e-mail

cheers :cheers:

I'm committed to too many leagues this year already, but if the Evil Genius twisted my arm with a phone call needing a 12th man, I'd strongly consider joining it myself.

twist/twist :ninja:

whats one more! :wave:

Does anyone here think Tebow has any Dynasty value?

It seems to me that he doesn't have enough value for someone to trade for him. But that if he ever hit the waiver wire, everyone in the league would try to snag him up for at least a bench player.

At least this is how it appears in my 2 leagues.

Is he a hold? Let him go? What do you do with the kid? I guess I'm having the same troubles with him that Elway did.

I'm asking Tebow and 3.02 for a 2nd. ( doesn't even have to be a high pick (I already have 2.1,2.2,2.3) I'm just trying to move up alittle more).

I'm getting no dice what so ever.

Is that even a realistic offer?

Does anyone here think Tebow has any Dynasty value?

It seems to me that he doesn't have enough value for someone to trade for him. But that if he ever hit the waiver wire, everyone in the league would try to snag him up for at least a bench player.

At least this is how it appears in my 2 leagues.

Is he a hold? Let him go? What do you do with the kid? I guess I'm having the same troubles with him that Elway did.

I'm asking Tebow and 3.02 for a 2nd. ( doesn't even have to be a high pick (I already have 2.1,2.2,2.3) I'm just trying to move up alittle more).

I'm getting no dice what so ever.

Is that even a realistic offer?

Nobody will give you his true value, I just looked back at his scoring in my main league over the last two years and his lowest point total was 17 in something like 15 starts. If you would tell me that any player at any position would be a guaranteed 17 Fantasy points, I'd be pretty damn excited.

But who's to know if he starts for the Jets and at what position. I'd hold him and see what your QB situation turns out to be and if he gets it going during the year his value will go up.

Nobody will give you his true value, I just looked back at his scoring in my main league over the last two years and his lowest point total was 17 in something like 15 starts. If you would tell me that any player at any position would be a guaranteed 17 Fantasy points, I'd be pretty damn excited.

But who's to know if he starts for the Jets and at what position. I'd hold him and see what your QB situation turns out to be and if he gets it going during the year his value will go up.

I tend to agree, if you have a roster spot hold him..

also does anyone roster sanchez in that league? I hold sanchez as my back up in a 16 team dynasty and I would be ok with giving a late pick for a handcuff with that kind of upside..

I am currently trying to move Forte for the 1st overall pick. In turn, I would then trade down for the 2nd overall and Britt.

I would then grab Blackmon at #2 and hope for the best.

My hope is to build on my WR's, currently sitting on Marhall, Nicks, Little, Amendola, and waiver fodder.

What about the WR from Georgia Tech? He may be a good 2nd choice if you can't get Blackmon.

Today via rotoworld

"

Oklahoma WR Ryan Broyles (ACL surgery) ran forty times of 4.57 and 4.59 at his personal Pro Day Thursday.

He also had a 32.5-inch vertical. They're not stellar marks, but Broyles is just five months removed from tearing his left ACL. The fact that he's able to run forty yards in a dead spring suggests Broyles is in the final stages of his recovery, if not fully over it. He could sneak back into the third round.

"

Maybe he will be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I tend to agree, if you have a roster spot hold him..

also does anyone roster sanchez in that league? I hold sanchez as my back up in a 16 team dynasty and I would be ok with giving a late pick for a handcuff with that kind of upside..

Sanchez was cut this year to get to roster limits. So he's actually on my draft list also. Looking to maybe target him with that 3.02 pick, if I still have it.

I'm not very high on the kid though. I think I'd rather just have Tebow.

Would you rather have

Jaquizz Rodgers

or

1.11 rookie pick

3rd round 2013 pick

Rodgers has opportunity, but he is 5'6 196 pounds

I'd say that this one is just about perfect trade balance. The chances of winning or losing is just about 50/50 no mater which way you decide. This year's draft class is strong enough that I'm taking the 1.11 and the 2013 3rd. I'm going for the home run gamble, because Quizz could be a nice committee back but he most likely does not have every down potential.

Jaquizz Rodgers

or

1.11 rookie pick

3rd round 2013 pick

if its only 12 teams or is non-PPR or you only start 2 RB and you don't start at least 1 flex...I'd take the picks

unless you believe he is the next jamaal charles

I will email for more information tomorrow.

Would you rather have

Jaquizz Rodgers

or

1.11 rookie pick

3rd round 2013 pick

I like the picks, rodgers will never be a elite player. atleast with the pick u have a shot at a starter..

I'd say that this one is just about perfect trade balance. The chances of winning or losing is just about 50/50 no mater which way you decide. This year's draft class is strong enough that I'm taking the 1.11 and the 2013 3rd. I'm going for the home run gamble, because Quizz could be a nice committee back but he most likely does not have every down potential.

I'd go with the picks also.

This class is just so deep this year, especially at the WR position.

I'd go with the picks also.

This class is just so deep this year, especially at the WR position.

I agree. There is a lot of other talent out there.

Just traded sJax for rookie picks 1.09, 1.10, and 2.03. only having to give a 2nd rounder next year to the other guy

so, going into the draft, i have

Should be able to restock with that lineup. as well as having 2 first rounders next year, if the need arises to get more picks or move up this year.

I think getting a 1.09,1.10 and a 2.03 for Jackson and a 2nd next year is like stealing.

I say kudos on that deal. :cheers:

Just traded sJax for rookie picks 1.09, 1.10, and 2.03. only having to give a 2nd rounder next year to the other guy

so, going into the draft, i have

Should be able to restock with that lineup. as well as having 2 first rounders next year, if the need arises to get more picks or move up this year.

I think you did great! :cheers:

to get all those picks for a player in decline is a steal

In a dynasty auction PPR($100 cap) league, here is how i'm looking going into the the season. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

QBs - E Manning ($7)

RBs - A Foster ($13), W McGahee ($2)

WRs - H Nicks ($11), G Jennings ($12), E Decker ($6)

TE - J Finley ($9)

Total spent - $60. I would have $40 to spend on a starting RB (Mcgahee is a solid backup), an upgrade #3 receiver over Decker and bench players so i think i'm in good shape.

I also have P Manning ($17) who I stashed all of last year hoping he would play and 49ers D ($3) who i'm not sure if a D is worth keeping for $3. There aren't many teams that need a QB who would be willing to spend $17 on Manning. If i don't find any takers, he will most likely dropped before the draft. Should I:

>Try to trade Peyton for anything i can get (Manning for Ben Tate ($3) straight up - would like to have fosters backup)

>Package Peyton and Decker to try to upgrade #3 receiver? Who could i target?

>Go into the draft with $40 to spend

>Other ideas?

Thanks,

W

In a dynasty auction PPR($100 cap) league, here is how i'm looking going into the the season. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

QBs - E Manning ($7)

RBs - A Foster ($13), W McGahee ($2)

WRs - H Nicks ($11), G Jennings ($12), E Decker ($6)

TE - J Finley ($9)

Total spent - $60. I would have $40 to spend on a starting RB (Mcgahee is a solid backup), an upgrade #3 receiver over Decker and bench players so i think i'm in good shape.

I also have P Manning ($17) who I stashed all of last year hoping he would play and 49ers D ($3) who i'm not sure if a D is worth keeping for $3. There aren't many teams that need a QB who would be willing to spend $17 on Manning. If i don't find any takers, he will most likely dropped before the draft. Should I:

>Try to trade Peyton for anything i can get (Manning for Ben Tate ($3) straight up - would like to have fosters backup)

>Package Peyton and Decker to try to upgrade #3 receiver? Who could i target?

>Go into the draft with $40 to spend

>Other ideas?

Thanks,

W

I would keep decker, he could be a Very solid 3rd option for $6

Peyton for $17 is not great and cause you have Eli I would try to make a deal.. the Tate deal is not terrible as it would insure you a RB1 no matter what happens with Foster (who IMO is rock solid)

Lots of time left though so I would aim a little higher.

completed trade last night

Kellen Winslow, Nate Washington and 4.12 for Fred Davis (wash)

thoughts?

got a intresting Offer last night also.

Mike Vick and 1.04 for Phillip Rivers and Bradshaw

two things that everyone should know.

1: the first three picks will be: RG3, TRich, Luck

(almost 100% carved into stone.. one guy has 1.01 and 1.02 and is a Very good friend of mine. 1.03 has no QB whatsoever..)

2: I need RB's more then WR's.

rb's now: forte, bradshaw, shon green, Jquiz

wr's now: Jordy Nelson, Kenny Britt, Jeremy Maclin, Titus Young,

(no flex) start 2rb, 2wr,

3: My team is very solid with great IDP and finished 3rd overall

one big game from vick and I could have won it all..

Pretty sure I will say no but sure is Tempting! :banana:

thoughts??