Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

Fantasy football: Is it dying?

I dunno, but everyone dressed like a cowboy.

And ate chocolate pudding watching Broke Back mountain during four round intervals whilst he sneeked a peek at those intermissions of those others who left their highliers while seven layer dip and Doritos eating mother fawking dumb assed were humping their first four picks.

Sheesh, this thread has devolved. :thumbsdown:

Legal gambling is going to eliminate daily fantasy.

If someone can bet on one variable (points) vs multiple variables (rec, yds, TDS, etc) they will go with the former, less variation, less risk.

Daily fantasy was a Trojan horse to legal gambling. In a year or two nobody will play daily ffb.

I went from a peak of 4 leagues 3 years ago to one league.

12 team dynasty/keeper hybrid with the same owners for a decade.

The league has been on its last legs for several years (marriage, kids, jobs) but is seeing a resurgence this year. First live draft since 2010.

Ironically, I will not be attending the draft and have never cared less. I'll probably keep my starting line up from last season and auto draft the rest.

Once you win a championship in a long term friends league it is easy to check out.

I haven't won my main money league in 15 years. Only one appearance in the ShotsUp Bowl since that win 15 years ago.

Second place gets 20% of the take.

I haven't won my main money league in 15 years. Only one appearance in the ShotsUp Bowl since that win 15 years ago.

Second place gets 20% of the take

politely, you must suck

• Like 1

politely, you must suck

Its a crapshoot. You know how many years I lost in the first or second) round in the playoffs only to have my team dominate (regular starters) every other team the following week.

Too many.

Its a crapshoot. You know how many years I lost in the first or second) round in the playoffs only to have my team dominate (regular starters) every other team the following week.

Too many.

Do you have any openings? I'm kidding, last year I was in the same situation.

I am not playing this year for the first time since the mid 90's. Fantasy football has simply run it's course. Last few years were like going through the motions. Won't miss anything except the draft. Main board is finally picking up at least.

Got a draft this Saturday. Excited even though I got 7th pick again. The guy I share the team with will finally be joining me (or so he says) during the draft since he lives out of state

Got a draft this Saturday. Excited even though I got 7th pick again. The guy I share the team with will finally be joining me (or so he says) during the draft since he lives out of state

What state? Delusional state?

Cool. So you only had to put up $80 for the entry fee.

Cool. So you only had to put up $80 for the entry fee.

No its $160 for both of us.

Its like each of you is filling up half the tank. :thumbsup:

$160 per person. Not too bad but they splurg on the draft party which I love

So you are sharing a team and it's $160.00 per person ???

Another digby lie. Busted.

So you are sharing a team and it's $160.00 per person ???

Another digby lie. Busted.

Did you read what I said. Per. Person. Not per team. Some teams have 3 people on it

Youre not a smart person

That's stupid.

I have a team by myself and it's $160

You and you faggity ghey boyfriend share a team and it's still $160 each ??

How does that work ?

That's stupid.

I have a team by myself and it's $160

You and you faggity ghey boyfriend share a team and it's still $160 each ??

How does that work ?

His partner decided to stop playing fantasy football. I went to the draft couple years ago just to go and socialize. Since he lives in another state he couldnt make it. I ended up drafting the team and then ended up joining since a spot opened up. Honestly, I havent ever met the guy. Just texted back and forth about things. But we pretty much agree on things dealing with lineup, who to pick up, and who to drop. Ive been the one who pretty much sets the lineup and picks up people though

Did you read what I said. Per. Person. Not per team. Some teams have 3 people on it

Youre not a smart person

So what does the team with 3 people pay? $160 each?

So what does the team with 3 people pay? $160 each?

Sketchy at best

His partner decided to stop playing fantasy football. I went to the draft couple years ago just to go and socialize. Since he lives in another state he couldnt make it. I ended up drafting the team and then ended up joining since a spot opened up. Honestly, I havent ever met the guy. Just texted back and forth about things. But we pretty much agree on things dealing with lineup, who to pick up, and who to drop. Ive been the one who pretty much sets the lineup and picks up people though

Owners sharing a team wouldn't pay $160 each, that's just dumb, please stop with this line of posting.

• Like 1

Owners sharing a team wouldn't pay $160 each, that's just dumb, please stop with this line of posting.

Can't keep his stories straight. Backtracking.

:lol:

Can't keep his stories straight. Backtracking.

Furiously banging his calculator, trying to come up with some numbers that work.

Sorry dont know what to tell you. Thats how that league is ran. I dont question it. But the winner gets a good bit of money cause theres a lot of guys in it.

Sorry dont know what to tell you. Thats how that league is ran. I dont question it. But the winner gets a good bit of money cause theres a lot of guys in it.

Your numbers dont add up man. 3 guys arent gonna pay $480 for their team while you and your imaginary friend pay $320 for yours.

How would they even pay out the winner of the 3 member team vs your 2 member team?

Once again, youve made a fool of yourself with your pathetic attempts to make yourself look like a high roller on an anonymous message board.

Just stop already. Be normal. Be yourself and stop with the bullsh!t.

Your numbers dont add up man. 3 guys arent gonna pay $480 for their team while you and your imaginary friend pay $320 for yours.

How would they even pay out the winner of the 3 member team vs your 2 member team?

Once again, youve made a fool of yourself with your pathetic attempts to make yourself look like a high roller on an anonymous message board.

Just stop already. Be normal. Be yourself and stop with the bullsh!t.

Sorry bro thats how its ran. Dont know what to tell you. Its a diff kind of league but its fun. Dont care if you dont believe me.

Sorry bro thats how its ran. Dont know what to tell you. Its a diff kind of league but its fun. Dont care if you dont believe me.

Still can't believe you don't own up to being wrong (or stupid). There is no logical way this is run. Even your lack of knowledge how it is run is comical. Here take my money. I make $15 an hour. I can afford it.

Still can't believe you don't own up to being wrong (or stupid). There is no logical way this is run. Even your lack of knowledge how it is run is comical. Here take my money. I make $15 an hour. I can afford it.

Sorry but it is. No reason to lie about. Wouldnt make any sense. Wouldnt it have made a better lie if I said it was 320? Again yall are trying too hard

Why not just have your own team? This league has 3 man teams?? That's the dumbest shlt I have heard ffball wise. Dudes taking a k in the 1st round sound smarter

I just had my draft last night. Holy hell was that fun. Just a really good time catching up and talking football. My league isn't a shark league so my targets fall pretty regularly. 6th spot

Fournette

Barkley (Can't believe he fell)

Tyreek

Royce

Goodwin

Evan Engram

Garoppolo

Hyde

Nelson

Woods

Mahomes

Balt k

Howard

Connor

Pit D

Kumerow

Cole

Boom

Fukit, I'm good with the Digby lies. It's like he doesn't even care anymore.. It's basically a game at this point, post the most absurd sh!t to simply get a rise out of folks.

I'm on board, you do you Digby!! Block out the haters bro!

• Like 1

Digby - Who monitors how many people are actually running a team?

The tooth fairy

• Like 2

I am not playing this year for the first time since the mid 90's. Fantasy football has simply run it's course. Last few years were like going through the motions. Won't miss anything except the draft. Main board is finally picking up at least.

The draft is the best part of it. FF has probably seen it's heyday, but I don't think it will just die out.

The draft is the best part of it. FF has probably seen it's heyday, but I don't think it will just die out.

Yeah, online drafts kick serious ass.