edjr

Woman who flipped off Trump says she was fired for it. Thoughts?

and you're captain facebook now?

now? Fock man I've been captain Facebook since winning every post on MySpace.

#1...Wrong. I wouldn't flip off the President of the US--even if HT won the damn thing

#2..I wouldn't brag about it on social media. People who do are stupid.

I own you now. Can I get a refund?

She is not the first or last to lose a job or not get offered a job because of the stupid sh!t they put on social media.

She is not the first or last to lose a job or not get offered a job because of the stupid sh!t they put on social media.

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/924430902733824000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2017%2F11%2F06%2Fpolitics%2Fjuli-briskman-motorcade-protest%2Findex.html

she did this?

facebook had nothing to do with it.

this is why she lost her job and she had nothing to do with it being posted

She made it her profile pic on Twitter and Facebook according to another article I read on it. That pretty much blew her case, imo.

This. That was just asking for it

and you're captain facebook now?

Private facebook

This is my issue. She had nothing to do with the picture being taken. She did not put it on the web.

Not a single one of us in the same situation, wouldn't have bragged about this.

Yes, she did 'put it on the web' - where the F do you think personal SM pages reside?

But, that aside - NOBODY could make a positive ID of her from that photo.

She could have STILL posted that on her wall or what the F ever and had an inside joke with her friends.

When/If confronted AT ALL - which she probably wouldn't be - "I just thought it was a funny pic - so I posted it!"

It's the fact that SHE put it as the cover to her SM page. AND SHE bragged about it to her employer (and others).

I'd fire her just for being stupid.

Her own mother couldn't have picked her in that photo.

Without memory, there can be no context.

Without Context, there can be no perspective.

SEATTLE - A school bus driver fired after she reportedly made an obscene gesture at President Bush has filed a union grievance in an attempt to get her job back.
The 43-year-old driver, whose name was not released, was driving middle school children back to school after a zoo visit on June 16 when the president and Republican Rep. Dave Reichert drove slowly by in a motorcade.

I absolutely would flip off George W. Bush if I encountered him by chance as I utterly despise the man and hold him in contempt. I also would tell you fockers about it and update my Geek Club avatar with said photo if somebody had taken a picture of it.

You do something like that, you should know it could have consequences.

BUT its also pretty sh1tty to fire her for it.

So plenty of blame or whatever you want to call it to go around on this one

Without memory, there can be no context.

Without Context, there can be no perspective.

I remember this and got bent out of shape defending the woman when we discussed that here at the Geek Club ... maybe I was wrong or maybe I'm a hypocrite, seeing as this woman in this thread got fired for doing essentially the same thing to Trump and I'm not defending her.

I remember this and got bent out of shape defending the woman when we discussed that here at the Geek Club ... maybe I was wrong or maybe I'm a hypocrite, seeing as this woman in this thread got fired for doing essentially the same thing to Trump and I'm not defending her.

Yeah, honestly, to my way of thinking, the bus driver is harder to defend. Only because her bus was filled with kids at the time. It has nothing to do with the president. But probably not a great idea to be flashing any obscene gestures while kids are on the bus. You know, if you're the driver.😂

Yeah, honestly, to my way of thinking, the bus driver is harder to defend. Only because her bus was filled with kids at the time. It has nothing to do with the president. But probably not a great idea to be flashing any obscene gestures while kids are on the bus. You know, if you're the driver.

I teach kids for a living and have young kids of my own, I'd probably have to be discreet if I were to flip of George W. Bush seeing as I'd hate for the once in a lifetime moment like that to pass but then get caught by them. It'd be a whole lot easier if I were out with friends or all alone, riding my bike.

There was a time in the Army when my friends and I joked about getting 'Fuck You' tattooed on the lateral side of our right hands so that every time we saluted officers we were telling them with sincerity what we actually thought of them. In hind-site, it was a good idea that we never acted on that. I'd hate to still have that there now.

Now, magic marker... sadly, never had the guts...

There was a time in their Army when my friends and I joked about getting 'Fuck You' tattooed on the lateral side of our right hands so that every time we saluted officers we were telling them with sincerity what we actually thought of them. In hind-site, it was a good idea that we never acted on that. I'd hate to still have that there now.

Now, magic marker... sadly, never had the guts...

😂😂

Her gofundme is doing well

$86,555 of $100k goal

Rholio needs to flip off Trump

• Like 1

Shrewd business move on her part, strike while the iron is hot on the popularity.

Fock TRUMP! Give me $$ Fock TRUMP!!

:mad: :mad:

You do something like that, you should know it could have consequences.

BUT its also pretty sh1tty to fire her for it.

So plenty of blame or whatever you want to call it to go around on this one

I agree with this. I have also been around long enough to know the company was probably already looking to fire this broad and she gave them the perfect reason to do so.

Her gofundme is doing well

$86,555 of $100k goal

Rholio needs to flip off Trump

Wonder how much Newbie has gotten since he was banned for his Trump statements?

Since she wasn't on the clock and was in no way representing her company, it's pretty obvious that the company is owned by a Trump supporter. She shouldn't sweat it though. She was only there six months. And she got her 15 minutes of fame.

On the clock? WTF difference does that make?

If a cop goes on facebook while off duty, and rants about n$ggers...or whatever....that can get him fired.

(I could go on and on, but I'll skip to the end)

If a person is coming across as a turdbag in public.... it can get them fired.

Waving "fvck you" publicly, while on camera, etc....is a risk you run. Could be perceived as being a turdbag.

If your employer sees it as "being a turdbag" ---- then they might fire you. They can use whatever reason they want. See also: Colin Kaepernick, not breaking any laws, but being a turd.

This lady = turd

Kaepernick = turd.

Don't be a turd unless you are willing to risk losing your job.

And...that lady couldn't name one single way how Trump has changed her life for better or worse. 90% of the population on either side can't.

She is just plain ol mad that her side lost, and that's what libs do when they lose. Whine and stomp their feet and cause chaos. Other side just shrugs their shoulders and moves on.

The problem with the cop, Kaepernick, this lady equivalency is there is no equivalency.

The cop and Kaepernick are known and so is their employer. I knew who this woman was. Nobody would have known if she hadn't opened up Her Big Fat Mouth.

this is why she lost her job and she had nothing to do with it being posted

From that photo nobody could ever know it was her. She had to have shared it on her feed as others have suggested or they would not have known it was her. So she actually did have something to do with it being posted.

She is now suing the company...

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2018/04/loudoun-co-woman-fired-after-flipping-off-trumps-motorcade-sues-former-employer/slide/1/

WASHINGTON — In October 2017, an image showing Juli Briskman from Sterling, Virginia, giving President Trump's motorcade the middle finger went viral, but it also reportedly led to the single mother of two being dismissed from her job.

On April 4, Briskman announced she was filing a lawsuit against her former company Herndon, Virginia-based Akima LLC.

The suit alleges when Akima forced her to resign, it violated Virginia employment law.

Briskman made the gesture on Oct. 28 as she was riding her bike near Trump's golf club in Sterling and saw the president's motorcade leaving the club.

Journalists accompanying Trump captured her message to the president and shared the images online.

Although Briskman's face is not visible in the photo, she disclosed the incident to her bosses at Akima after the image went viral.

According to the lawsuit, "they forced her to resign, claiming that Ms. Briskman's posting of a photograph of the incident on her Facebook page … violated Akima's social media policy."

Briskman's suit states that it violates Virginia employment law for a government contractor to fire an employee out of fear of unlawful government retaliation.

"I criticized @realDonaldTrump, but I never thought I would lose my job b/c I live in the world's greatest Democracy. I am fighting back because no American should have to choose between their pocketbooks & their principles," Briskman tweeted.

She added she expects to win the case.

Waaahhh!!

She flipped off Trump and lost her job. Now, she just won an election in Virginia

https://www.yahoo.com/news/she-flipped-off-trump-lost-124021413.html

The woman who lost her job after she flipped off President Donald Trump's motorcade two years ago was elected Tuesday to a Virginia county's board of supervisors.

Juli Briskman, a Democrat, made headlines in late 2017 when a White House photographer captured her raising her middle finger while riding her bike in Sterling, Virginia, as Trump drove by leaving a golf course.

The simple act earned her praise from many liberal corners online, who called her a "she-ro" and used the hashtag, #her2020.

But the act also cost Briskman her job at government contractor Akima LLC.

Now, Briskman has beat out a Republican incumbent Suzanne Volpe to serve as the Algonkian District supervisor in Loudoun County, Virginia.

'Virginia is officially blue': Democrats regain control of legislature, clearing way for liberal policies

Briskman's win also comes as Democrats flipped both houses of Virginia's legislature, clearing the way for the party's full control of the state's government.

"Looking forward to representing my friends & neighbors in #Algonkian District who backed me up today!" Briskman tweeted.

After losing her job, Briskman received support from many who praised the act, including donations from a GoFundMe started for her.

The woman also sued her former employer, alleging they violated Virginia employment law, acting improperly in firing an employee for fear of unlawful government retaliation. Akima didn't comment on the lawsuit at the time.

Briskman told the Washington Post when she announced her candidacy last year for the Loudoun County position that she hadn't considered public office until she lost her job.

When asked if she'd flip off the president again, an act she saw as exercising her First Amendment rights, Briskman told the newspaper: "Probably."

On 4/5/2018 at 8:57 AM, posty said:

She is now suing the company...

Waaahhh!!

If the shoe were on the other foot ( somebody getting fired for flipping off Obummer ) she'd most likely want them hung.

Libtards, what can you do? :dunno:

29 minutes ago, posty said:

She flipped off Trump and lost her job. Now, she just won an election in Virginia

https://www.yahoo.com/news/she-flipped-off-trump-lost-124021413.html

The woman who lost her job after she flipped off President Donald Trump's motorcade two years ago was elected Tuesday to a Virginia county's board of supervisors.

Juli Briskman, a Democrat, made headlines in late 2017 when a White House photographer captured her raising her middle finger while riding her bike in Sterling, Virginia, as Trump drove by leaving a golf course.

The simple act earned her praise from many liberal corners online, who called her a "she-ro" and used the hashtag, #her2020.

But the act also cost Briskman her job at government contractor Akima LLC.

Now, Briskman has beat out a Republican incumbent Suzanne Volpe to serve as the Algonkian District supervisor in Loudoun County, Virginia.

'Virginia is officially blue': Democrats regain control of legislature, clearing way for liberal policies

Briskman's win also comes as Democrats flipped both houses of Virginia's legislature, clearing the way for the party's full control of the state's government.

"Looking forward to representing my friends & neighbors in #Algonkian District who backed me up today!" Briskman tweeted.

After losing her job, Briskman received support from many who praised the act, including donations from a GoFundMe started for her.

The woman also sued her former employer, alleging they violated Virginia employment law, acting improperly in firing an employee for fear of unlawful government retaliation. Akima didn't comment on the lawsuit at the time.

Briskman told the Washington Post when she announced her candidacy last year for the Loudoun County position that she hadn't considered public office until she lost her job.

When asked if she'd flip off the president again, an act she saw as exercising her First Amendment rights, Briskman told the newspaper: "Probably."

Yeah, she sounds like she will be a great rep......super....

a true american.

im flipping off all of you repubtards, lol.

13 minutes ago, taco breath said:

a true american.

im flipping off all of you repubtards, lol.

What's up Zed!

When y'all cornhole does Rude share the little boys or does he keep them all to himself?