Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Still having trouble with some of the ads

Sometimes the page only loads the ad banner and then stops. I have to hit F5 until a new ad banner comes up, which sometimes takes MANY refresh tries beforeI can successfully load the page. It's pretty annoying and I think it will end up being a big problem for the site as fantasy football starts getting warmed up in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway I could point to specific ads, but I don't think that will help much. Obviously the ads are tailored to the specific poster based on which sites he has visited (which I find creepy, but that's another discussion entirely). I think you should communicate with the banner ad company about the problem becauseit is not limited to one specific ad or even a handful of ads.

Sometimes the page only loads the ad banner and then stops. I have to hit F5 until a new ad banner comes up, which sometimes takes MANY refresh tries beforeI can successfully load the page. It's pretty annoying and I think it will end up being a big problem for the site as fantasy football starts getting warmed up in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway I could point to specific ads, but I don't think that will help much. Obviously the ads are tailored to the specific poster based on which sites he has visited (which I find creepy, but that's another discussion entirely). I think you should communicate with the banner ad company about the problem becauseit is not limited to one specific ad or even a handful of ads.

:reported: <_<

It happens to me the most with the vivid blue background Fantasy Football ad. It might be an NBC ad (FF through NBC online :dunno:) Ads targeted to my browsing history have happened to be fine. I've actually gone to zappos.com in hopes that the blue FF ad would stop appearing in favor of some shoe ads.

I'll try to catch how the agent that's loading describes itself as.