Sign in to follow this  
sperri40

Matt Breida- Useless or nah?

I thought this guy was decent and with the injury to McKinnon, I figured he'd be the guy. As of now, it looks like he's in a 50-50 timeshare. Is there any chance he elevates to low-end RB1 status or is he droppable?

Never could see him as a low rb1.

Never saw him more then a RBBC on his team.

Rb3 at best that’s at best.

Never saw him more then a RBBC on his team.

Rb3 at best that’s at best.

I guess you're right. For some reason I had it in my head that he had a nice stretch of games at one point last year, but looking back at the stats- nope. I also thought he was pretty hyped up early last season too. I'll chalk this one up to the two concussions I got in college.

I own the San Fran backfield and dont know if it is a blessing or a curse. Confused on who I would ever start so I may sell week 4 if nothing ever comes of the backfield.

I think Breida has more upside and is more like Freeman thank Morris is. I want the guy who could develop into that Freeman role....

• Like 1

i see morris in when games are close, breida when the 9ers are playing catchup (passing downs)

• Like 1

I guess you're right. For some reason I had it in my head that he had a nice stretch of games at one point last year, but looking back at the stats- nope. I also thought he was pretty hyped up early last season too. I'll chalk this one up to the two concussions I got in college.

You might be thinking of the 9ers backup QB, CJ Beathard, who had a respectable stretch before Garoppolo took over. And it was RB Joe Williams who got hyped before last preseason, before getting hurt.

You might be thinking of the 9ers backup QB, CJ Beathard, who had a respectable stretch before Garoppolo took over. And it was RB Joe Williams who got hyped before last preseason, before getting hurt.

No, I got the right guy- his last two games were productive on limited touches, but I guess Jacksonville and the Rams weren't really putting much effort in at that point. I also thought people were saying he was a player to stash at the beginning of the season...but people say lots of things.

Gotta hold both Morris and Breida for a little while. If you drafted them, it was with the assumption that it would take a little while for that backfield to shake out. Ditch them after week 1 only if youre getting someone you really feel strongly about.

• Like 1

Gotta hold both Morris and Breida for a little while. If you drafted them, it was with the assumption that it would take a little while for that backfield to shake out. Ditch them after week 1 only if youre getting someone you really feel strongly about.

I don't expect Breida to win me a championship, but I think he can be a serviceable RB2 at a minimum. But like you said- depends how that backfield shakes out. I think the assumption that Morris gets a good share of the touches when they're ahead and Breida, when they're trailing is accurate. I guess I'll hold at least another week.

Breida actually had a good game against that Minny D. Averaged over 4 ypc....pretty darn good.

He's the back to own imho. Low end RB1 potential

• Like 1

Is he injured? Seems like Morris getting all of the carries now.

It's still a timeshare. I'm guessing they just wanted Morris to grind it out.

Or he's done for the season... :shocking:

He had a good game.

He’s still a rb3.

Not going to change after one game.

Let me see him doing two more times then I will revalue him.

He’s still a rb3.

Not going to change after one game.

Let me see him doing two more times then I will revalue him.

nope.....gotta be ahead of the curve in this pursuit of ours. RB2 now....with low-end RB1 upside moving forward.

• Like 1

Nope two more weeks.

Week four thats always the key week.

Thats the week to start the revalue of players.

Works for me.

Jus like not overreacting when I player as one game, same in this situation.

Im not going to over react to a player thats hasnt shown himself as a rb1 or rb2 yet.

One big 67 yard run change that day, not that it shouldnt count, , and he did have a good per rush avg before that late run, but that one run put him over the top for that one single game.

Also I see Morris had three more rush att, I still see game situations type of rotation with these two player.

I think Brienda is the better player, but I also still see a RBBC.

Nope he still a rb3.

Thanks for the reply, always insightful.

Well, I get what yo are saying. I am just flexing him for now. Indeed, like most RB's, he could end up injured, underperforming, or remaining in a timeshare. However, I look for upside...and believe he has it. Wouldn't shock me to see him end up as a RB1 (or a RB4, of course).

Well, I get what yo are saying. I am just flexing him for now. Indeed, like most RB's, he could end up injured, underperforming, or remaining in a timeshare. However, I look for upside...and believe he has it. Wouldn't shock me to see him end up as a RB1 (or a RB4, of course).

Agreed... He'll probably remain on my bench for another week or two... but the upside is certainly there in a Kyle Shannon offense. I see flashes of Tevin Coleman in him.

Looked like a beast yesterday!!!

a beast?.. um.. he had 1 65 yard run, other than that a pedestrian day, splitting time

a beast?.. um.. he had 1 65 yard run, other than that a pedestrian day, splitting time

He leads the league in rushing and on his "other" 10 carries yesterday, he averaged 7.2 ypc.

:doh:

• Like 1

He leads the league in rushing and on his "other" 10 carries yesterday, he averaged 7.2 ypc.

:doh:

i stand corrected. apologies. :ninja:

i stand corrected. apologies. :ninja:

No worries, he may be a flop going forward..

Who knows.

:dunno:

Useless

On my opponent's bench :banana:

I've always liked him, but I still think the 49ers need to draft a RB in 2019. But probably better for them to get some OL, & WRs first.

I'd compare Breida to Ekeler for sure.

What are you guys gonna do who own both? Im glad I can put an end to the wait and see approach and open up a much needed roster spot by cutting Almo. He just doesnt have much value in PPR especially now that it appears as if Breida is the GL back. Id prolly hang onto Almo in standard -- but seriously -- who in the hell plays standard anymore?

One thing I noticed about The Cheeta is that hes 100% left hand dominant when running the ball. He refuses to switch the ball to his outside arm when running or cutting to the right -- which not only prevents him from stiff-arming -- but makes him highly susceptible to fumbling. Thats why he looks so unorthodox running the ball. Watch that very first carry (link below) for 28 yards and notice the ball in his inside hand on a counter play to the right. Notice how #31 Teez Tabor almost strips the ball? Tabor wouldnt of had that opportunity if the ball wouldve been in the correct hand. I suspect we could see some fumbling issues unless corrected. Thats all on the RBs coach.

I've always liked him, but I still think the 49ers need to draft a RB in 2019. But probably better for them to get some OL, & WRs first.

I'd compare Breida to Ekeler for sure.

Good comparison. I may not pick up Breida tonight on waivers because I do own Ekeler. It would seem redundant.