Sign in to follow this  
Dianne Feinstein warns people will die if the government shuts down...

More fear-mongering...

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/politics/dianne-feinstein-people-will-die-shutdown/index.html

(CNN) - Sen. Dianne Feinstein warned Wednesday that when the federal government shuts down "people die, accidents happen" and it's hard to assess what the impact will be when "necessary functions cease."

The California Democrat made the stark comments in a Capitol Hill hallway interview as she left a caucus lunch where the standoff with Republicans over a government funding bill -- known as a continuing resolution or CR -- was discussed. She was asked whether she thought her party would vote to pass or block a GOP bill to keep the government open ahead of a Friday deadline.

"Shutting down the government is a very serious thing. People die, accidents happen. You don't know. Necessary functions can cease," she said. "There is no specific list you can look at and make a judgment: 'Well everything is going to be just fine.' You can't make that judgment. So, I think it's a last resort. And I'm really hopeful we don't get to it."

Feinstein said she had not made her mind up about whether to vote for the measure.

Her comments differ from a press statement issued by her office earlier in the day in which she said she would vote against the funding bill unless it included the Dream Act, a bill to help young immigrants affected by the expiring Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

GOP leaders are refusing to attach the immigration measure to the continuing resolution, and it's at the crux of the dispute between the parties.

"I don't know if we did today," Feinstein said, looking towards an aide when asked about the press release.

In that statement, Feinstein is quoted as saying, "I said in December that I wouldn't vote for a CR without the Dream Act, and I won't do so now."

Pressed on why she might vote to shut down the government if it could cause people to die, Feinstein acknowledged it's a "big risk."

Feinstein's press office didn't immediately return messages seeking comment on the discrepancy about her position on the bill or why she thinks people will die if the government shuts down.

Despite her press release, Feinstein insisted she had not decided how she would vote.

"I don't know how I would vote right now on a CR, OK?" she said before ending the interview with a polite "thank you."

Feinstein is 84 and running for a sixth term this cycle. She is the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee.

If you die because the gubment is shut down, good, we don't need you.

• Like 2

The Dems are doubling down on the liberalism. Cripple all of America to try and get 800,000 more voters.

According to the article, Feinstein claims she is ready and willing to kill Americans.

Wait, is this in addition to the consequences Trump's Jesus girl (Paula) said would happen if we didn't participate in her Ponzi scheme?

That would be bad. I'm against people dying.

Yeah...stupid for her to say...even if she is right about services shutting down and things can happen.

But tonwhine about her fear mingering while Donnie tweets thatbthe Dems dont care about the military and the shutdown is all their fault is damn funny.

Yeah...stupid for her to say...even if she is right about services shutting down and things can happen.

But tonwhine about her fear mingering while Donnie tweets thatbthe Dems dont care about the military and the shutdown is all their fault is damn funny.

tilting bad kid

Everyone died after NN. Doesn't she know that?

According to the article, Feinstein claims she is ready and willing to kill Americans.

It doesn't say that. It says she's unsure if she is willing to kill Americans or not.

All she has to do is support US Citizens and all this is over. :dunno:

Check the polling for DACA. Those pushing for a clean DACA bill are supporting the will of the people.

Check the polling for DACA. Those pushing for a clean DACA bill are supporting the will of the people.

Lol yeah a liar like you would believe the same polls that said hrc had a 97% to win. Who did they sample 90% illegal aliens.

Fock your rigged polls.

Lol yeah a liar like you would believe the same polls that said hrc had a 97% to win. Who did they sample 90% illegal aliens.

Fock your rigged polls.

A. You show how ignorant you are about polling and what I said about them.

B. No...the sampling is there among even republicans. The Freedom Caucus is the one holding this up. Hell...Trump was for it too...til someone told him to be against it. There was a bipartisan solution all lined up for him and he and Miller pissed on it during the shithole meeting. Including over $2billion for increased border security.

Nothing rigged about polling except to those who dont understand statistics at all.

If only there was a government agency designed to create budgets, I think this agency should be elected directly by the people with our interests in mind.

Then we would not have to worry about a government shutdown every few months.

Fock your rigged polls.

Leave the Lemming alone!!!

Slo's skewed sense of reality and polling is AFU. He believes Newsweek saying Hillary can still be President. :doh:

Notice he never posts a link to support his talking points?

Leave the Lemming alone!!!

More adult talk from you I see.

Care to refute anything I said?

Notice he never posts a link to support his talking points?

That's because he's one of a kind and no one else believes the sh!t he slings. Honcho, wiff, mobb, parrot, Saints all tapped out. Slo Nutt's obsessive capacity has like retard strength or something.

hillary would have won if that was the case

hillary would have won if that was the case

Not really...as has been explained to you many times and you still dont understand statistical sampling.

That's because he's one of a kind and no one else believes the sh!t he slings. Honcho, wiff, mobb, parrot, Saints all tapped out. Slo Nutt's obsessive capacity has like retard strength or something.

I lol'ed.

It's being made pretty clear today. Democrats would rather protect illegal immigrants then pay our military our border security Etc.

Truly amazing.

It's being made pretty clear today. Democrats would rather protect illegal immigrants then pay our military our border security Etc.

Truly amazing.

not surprising at all, they've been the enemy of the people for years.

Truly amazing.

Bullshit.

A. Trump should stop playing the bogus pay the military line. Congress would again pass a bill paying them even in the event of a shutdown as they did in 2013.

B. Trump had a bipartisan deal given to him that included money for border security. He pissed on it.

C. Illegals like people that have been here since they were kids who know no other country than this one. Im all for protecting them. People who have been working on becoming legal for years. People who are here illegally through no fault of their own. A group of people a majority ofAmerocans want to keep here (including Trump supporters).

Amazing is how easy you all buy into the crap Trump spews.

Bullshit.

A. Trump should stop playing the bogus pay the military line. Congress would again pass a bill paying them even in the event of a shutdown as they did in 2013.

B. Trump had a bipartisan deal given to him that included money for border security. He pissed on it.

C. Illegals like people that have been here since they were kids who know no other country than this one. Im all for protecting them. People who have been working on becoming legal for years. People who are here illegally through no fault of their own. A group of people a majority ofAmerocans want to keep here (including Trump supporters).

Amazing is how easy you all buy into the crap Trump spews.

I know you like trotting out that youre so much more enlightened than everybody else and certainly Trump supporters. First of all nobody buys it. Nobody respects your opinion here. And it sounds like nobody respects it on a couple different boards.

Hah..Rose Colored Glasses everything liberals do. They want a fast path to citizenship for these people. That's not going to happen. There is no way they deserve to cut in front of line of people that have been trying here to get here the correct way.

I know you like trotting out that youre so much more enlightened than everybody else and certainly Trump supporters. First of all nobody buys it. Nobody respects your opinion here. And it sounds like nobody respects it on a couple different boards.

Rose Colored Glasses everything deliverables do. They want a fast path to citizenship for these people. That's not going to happen. There is no way they deserve to cut in front of line of people that have been trying here to get here the correct way.

I dont trot out anything. You said that...not me. Never even claimed it.

Yiu dont seem to nserstand DACA very well given that line...nor how popular it is among the American voter.

I don't want to protect immigrants, or dump yet more money into our bloated military. Deport all of them, stop the war on drugs and quit being world police. Spend the money on fixing the power grid, bridges, dams, taking care of children and the elderly, etc. etc.

Shonuff wants to be governed by the polls. We are, it's called Election Day. Elections have consequences

My Solution:

Give amnesty to the "Dreamers", but not voting privileges. Do not give them Welfare or Medicaid. No Government hands of any kind.

Build the wall and increase border security to severely limit illegal entry.

Both sides of the aisle should be fine with that.

I dont trot out anything. You said that...not me. Never even claimed it.

Yiu dont seem to nserstand DACA very well given that line...nor how popular it is among the American voter.

I think slo is having a stroke.

I'm so tired of people taking personal insult potshots at ShoNuff. He's being ganged up on by maybe a dozen posters and up to his eyeballs in this stuff. After Newbie got banned he's really one of the few we have left to argue the liberal position. The board would be boring as hell without him.

You don't have to agree with him, just treat him with some respect. Damn.

• Like 2