Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Desean Jackson signs with Tampa Bay

Jameis Winston just got a big boost in support. The Buccaneers signed one of the best deep threats in the game WR Desean Jackson.

Jackson is a great compliment to budding superstar WR Mike Evans. The Tampa Bay offense could be ready to take off in Winston's 3rd season.

Jackson has had some slight durability issues but if he stays healthy I could see him making plenty of big plays in Tampa.

This is good for his fantasy value and his QB's value.

So does this news hurt Evans somewhat?

Love this move by TB. Would like to see the team add another RB, but Winston/Evans/Jackson and an improving defense will help the team compete instantly with Atlanta for the NFC South.

In regards to Evans' fantasy value, I don't see this hurting at all, I'll gladly be drafting Evans as a one of the top WR's next year

So does this news hurt Evans somewhat?

I don't see it as that.

In fact it could open up the field for him with Jackson taking safeties on deep routes.

Jackson isn't a high volume guy so I don't see him taking away many targets.

Yeah those are great points.

I would agree, I think it should help him.

Thanks for the reply.

Most overrated WR I can remember in modern era in regards to hype and multiple hefty contracts.

Yawn

Most overrated WR I can remember in modern era in regards to hype and multiple hefty contracts.

Yawn

26 career TDs over 50 yards is a yawn?

He's a sold Wr3.

26 career TDs over 50 yards is a yawn?

Over 6 tds in a season. Twice

5 seasons 4tds or less

1 season more than 62 catches

Lots of yawn with sprinkled in splash plays

Over 6 tds in a season. Twice

5 seasons 4tds or less

1 season more than 62 catches

Lots of yawn with sprinkled in splash plays

Defenses have to play deep when he's in the game. He's got more value than a stat page.

He's a solid WR2. He's a fantastic WR3.

In my league where you get a good bonus for TDs over 40 and 50 yards he's a WR1.

In fact he's been the top overall WR in that one before.

In my league where you get a good bonus for TDs over 40 and 50 yards he's a WR1.

In fact he's been the top overall WR in that one before.

I thought we are talking in terms of real life.

For fantasy he's a solid WR3.

Yeah sorry I was posting about ff.

Jameis has a cannon.

I'd be willing to say that as of now, DeSean is one of the few must have players in rounds 5-7.

It wouldn't surprise me if D-Jax finishes 2017 as a WR2.

In pre-draft MFL10s I'd maybe go as high as 5.01 to get him

Tampa's receiving corp was anemic last year with Evans being the only reliable pass catcher (at WR - Brate has developed nicely into a solid pass catching TE). Adding D. Jax is huge to the offense from an NFL perspective. He will open up the field significantly more than what the Bucs have had in the past. They won't need him to be a super star, but if he's the kind of guy he's been most of his career (60 rec / 1100 yards / 6 TD's - or there abouts), he'll improve the offense immensely. From a fantasy perspective, that should put him at the cusp of a #2/#3 WR, but NFL-wise, he will help across the board. The running lanes should be more open as no one will be able to put 8 in the box because there will be 2 WR's on the field requiring double coverage.

In the end, it will all come down to Winston's progression. He still has things that need to be improved. If he doesn't refine his issues, Jackson's impact will not be as hoped.

I would be surprised if they bring V-Jax back. They like Adam Humphries and so do a lot of fans. He's an excellent #4 and decent #3 right now who could really be a better player with DeSean being on the field. If the Bucs stand pat on WR at draft time, they'll be in pretty good shape, but I do think they'll look to add a WR somewhere between rounds 2 and 4, pushing Humphries to the #4 role. At that point, there's no really reason to bring VJ back.

No he hasn't.

I think J Maclin would be the best Wr he's had as a teammate.

One of the best FA moves I've seen so far. It's not his Stat line I'm worried about but is he gonna help the Bucks improve and win games. I say yes. I think Evans value goes up so I'll be looking to get him. Winston should improve I would think. Division should be tough. Good pickup Bucs.