Sign in to follow this  
OldMaid

Stephen King's Under the Dome to become a CBS show.

I thought it was decent -- not the greatest but didn't suck either

So did anyone give this a shot? I tivoed it and watched last night. I think the idea is interesting and even though I didn't like how the book ended, I think the story could play well to TV.

The acting was okay, not great.

I liked the book and I liked the idea of the ending. Sadly, as with other King books, it just wasn't quite executed right.

Saw the first episode last night... jury's still out, but will prolly keep watching since I'm a King fan.

Lots of changes in personality for the main characters thus far. Guy X was a good guy in the book and looks like a scumbag in the show. Many people weren't together or married, etc in the book. Will be interesting to see if these changes enhance or detract.

'Under the Dome' Renewed for Next Summer - Stephen King to Write Premiere

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/under-dome-renewed-next-summer-stephen-king-write-premiere-106576

"Under the Dome" has been renewed for next summer, and Stephen King will write the second season premiere.

CBS President Les Moonves made the announcements at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Monday. He filled in for CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler because a friend of Tassler's died Sunday.

"Under the Dome" has been a summer hit for CBS, scoring 13.7 million total viewers in its June premiere. Moonves said the show's viewership went up above 20 million viewers, including streaming and DVD.

Under a deal with Amazon, the series is available for streaming days after it airs on CBS. Moonves said he did not have exact numbers of Amazon viewers but said Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos sought him out recently to tell him how pleased he was with the arrangement.

Me and the chick are watching it.

She likes it, I'm meh.

In other TV news, I'm really hoping The Simpson's does a thing where Homer finds out he only has a few months to live.

Because that would be ironic. Or perhaps cathartic. If nothing else, certainly appropos.

And, the reason I thought of the Simpsons is because Steve King totally stole this whole "dome" concept from The Simpsons Movie.

:o

I'm watching. It is pretty boring. Thinking about just reading spoilers from the book. Like the reporter chick.

Been disappointed by King too many times...fock that show. :wave:

Turns out, they can leave the Dome if every single of them focks that one girl.

(Or was that "It"?) :unsure:

Keck's Exclusives: Under the Dome Deaths

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Under-Dome-Deaths-1077419.aspx?

CBS recently teased that two characters will die on Under the Dome's season premiere this summer.

I pushed executive producer Neal Baer to narrow down the likely hit list to these six: Sheriff Linda (Natalie Martinez), moody Norrie (Mackenzie Lintz), Norrie's mom Carolyn (Aisha Hinds), DJ Phil Bushey (Nicholas Strong), slacker kid Ben (John Elvis) and resident hoarder Andrea (Dale Raoul).

"The dome giveth, and the dome taketh away," says Baer, who went quiet when asked if the dome's dead may eventually make a return.

I watched the 1st 3 or 4 episodes and then gave up.

You should read the sequel, Black House.

Actually, if you feel up to it... there are a lot of similarities and connections in The Dark Tower series, that you would probably enjoy.

Well I took your advice and read the Dark Tower. Did you enjoy The Stand more than The Dark Tower? I haven't read The Stand, but I did see the movie. I kind of wished I hadn't considering how much people seem to love the book. I liked the end to The Dark Tower also. I thought it was fitting and don't understand all the hate/backlash King received.

'Under the Dome' Enlists 'ER' Favorite Sherry Stringfield

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/under-dome-enlists-er-favorite-681878

Executive producer/showrunner Neal Baer has recruited former ER alum Sherry Stringfield for a major role in the second season of the CBS summer drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Stringfield will have a recurring guest role and play the meaty role of Pauline, a mysterious woman who may be connected to the origins of the dome. A character with the same name -- Pauline Rennie -- exists in the Stephen King book on which the drama is based. She's the late wife of "Big Jim" Rennie -- played on the CBS show by Dean Norris -- and Junior's mother (Alexander Koch). It's unclear if the character on CBS' adaptation is one and the same as the series has taken several detours from King's best-seller.

"I'm thrilled after all these years to be working again with Sherry Stringfield. We had a blast on ER together and I know Sherry will bring the same grace, spirit and intensity to her new, pivotal role on Under the Dome," Baer said in a statement to THR. Stringfield is Dome's second ER alum to board the series after Mare Winningham guest starred in season one.

Stringfield played fan favorite Dr. Susan Lewis on NBC's long-running medical drama, which Baer was an exec producer on. More recently, her credits include episodes of CSI and TV movies including The Confession and Hornet's Nest. She's repped by Jason Shapiro.

The actress becomes the latest addition to Dome's second season. The series, which is poised to kill off two "favorites" when it returns with its King-penned season-two premiere June 30, has also added CSI: NY's Eddie Cahill as Big Jim's brother-in-law Sam; Misfits' Karla Crome as Rebecca, a teacher; and newcomer Grace Victoria Cox as Melanie, a potential love interest for Joe (Colin Ford).

TVLine Items: Under the Dome Deaths

http://tvline.com/2014/02/10/under-the-dome-season-2-spoilers-deaths/

CBS’ Under the Dome will kill off some of its residents in the Season 2 premiere, and the list of potential victims just got shorter.

Exec-producer Neal Baer tells TV Guide Magazine that two of the following six players will say goodbye: Sheriff Linda (played by Natalie Martinez), Norrie (Mackenzie Lintz), Norrie’s mom Carolyn (Aisha Hinds), DJ Phil Bushey (Nicholas Strong), slacker kid Ben (John Elvis) and hoarder Andrea (Dale Raoul).

A big hint about one of the possible deaths: Martinez was recently cast in ABC’s drama pilot Secrets & Lies.

Under the Dome returns Monday, June 30 at 10/9c.

Well I took your advice and read the Dark Tower. Did you enjoy The Stand more than The Dark Tower? I haven't read The Stand, but I did see the movie. I kind of wished I hadn't considering how much people seem to love the book. I liked the end to The Dark Tower also. I thought it was fitting and don't understand all the hate/backlash King received.

I actually prefer the Dark Tower series. While I DO think The Stand is an excellent book, it's not my favorite.

King gets a lot of criticism because I think his endings just don't translate well into words. Although I wouldn't put The Dark Tower into that category. I thought the ending was perfect...

If you like King, you should check out his son- Joe Hill. He's written 3 very good novels: Heart Shaped Box, Horns and NO4RA2.

Also, Gillian Flynn has a trio of books that were very good as well: Dark Places, Sharp Objects and Gone Girl.

For those still watching, season 2 begins tonight...

Is the show good.....or do people WANT it to be good because its Stephen King product?

Is the show good.....or do people WANT it to be good because its Stephen King product?

I thought it got better as the season progressed, but I think mainly because it Stephen King product, they want it to be good...

King did pen tonight's episode...

I'd go with the latter. The show doesn't suck... but it could be better.

I'll give the new season a couple of episodes, before I decide if I'm going to cut it.

I'd go with the latter. The show doesn't suck... but it could be better.

I'll give the new season a couple of episodes, before I decide if I'm going to cut it.

If I get started on a TV show, I stay with it until it ends or canceled... I think this is the case because I will start to wonder how characters continued and what happened to them...

If I get started on a TV show, I stay with it until it ends or canceled... I think this is the case because I will start to wonder how characters continued and what happened to them...

Im almost to the point of waiting and binge watching shows.......hate getting invested in a show only for it to be cancelled (Alcatraz)

Im on "The Bridge" and The Blacklist........but ill binge Game of Thrones at some point........

And cant wait for Better call Saul :clap: :overhead:

I'm usually like that as well. But there are few good new shows this year, Extant looks promising, and The Strain on FX... I might have to chuck something.

It was the opposite for me. In the beginning I thought it was going to be a cool show after the first epi, then I could barely sit through or had to change the channel. It's funny how folks are under a dome yet new folks show up. I guess they could have come out of hiding. So I missed most of season 1. I'll check it out tonight and it's an epi by epi basis. No way would this show hold up good in any other season other than summer.

So to those that watched the season premiere, are you happy with the two that died?

So to those that watched the season premiere, are you happy with the two that died?

It was a pretty crappy season premiere, IMO. The stuff with the magnet was just plain awful... :(

It was a pretty crappy season premiere, IMO. The stuff with the magnet was just plain awful... :(

Yeah I agree...

HUGE plot hole that I've yet to see addressed anywhere: just dig under it.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to watch even one episode of a show with such a big plot hole. :dunno:

In season 1 they addressed this.

Was a couple episodes before I stopped watching

season 2 was a little better but not certain where they go from here. Decent not great summer series.

HUGE plot hole that I've yet to see addressed anywhere: just dig under it.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to watch even one episode of a show with such a big plot hole. :dunno:

its not a plot hole, if you knew anything about the story, its a sphere

its not a plot hole, if you knew anything about the story, its a sphere

Not addressed even once. :dunno:

yes it was, it was addressed this season

last season as well -- WTF - I am sure there are plot holes but thats not one of them

Well then put some ice cubes on it and hit it with hammer. Who am I, Don Herbert? :dunno: I hate shows that insult your intelligence.