Sign in to follow this  
5-Points

Jesse Ventura is the Doosh of the Decade

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/06/jesse-ventura-wants-court-to-substitute-chris-kyles-widow-in-defamation-lawsuit-over-american-sniper-story.html/

An ongoing legal battle between wrestler-turned-governor Jesse Ventura and American Sniper Chris Kyle over an incident in Kyle’s best-selling autobiography did not end with the Navy SEAL’s death in February. Now, the man formerly known as The Body wants to take on Kyle’s widow Taya, according to documents filed in federal court in Minnesota in recent weeks.

Their attorneys were in federal court just yesterday, pleading their respective cases to a judge who will have to decide if Taya is now responsible for a tale told in American Sniper about a bar fight Chris had gotten into with a man identified only as “Scruff Face,”

. The story only takes up a couple of pages, but Ventura insists it never happened: He says he never bad-mouthed President George W. Bush and the war in Iraq, never said the SEALs “deserve to lose a few,” and never got “laid … out” by Chris Kyle.

Focking irrelevant POS. He thinks suing the widow of a SEAL is going to restore his honor? I hope Kyle's friends pay the c0cksucker a visit.

I thought he was wrestler-turned-conspiracy-theorist

Maybe he is planning on running for office in the future and wants to clear his name. Going after monetary damages may be a d1ck move agreed, but if someone published a book making you out to be a gigantic DB and it wasnt true, wouldnt you fight back?

• Like 1

Maybe he is planning on running for office in the future and wants to clear his name. Going after monetary damages may be a d1ck move agreed, but if someone published a book making you out to be a gigantic DB and it wasnt true, wouldnt you fight back?

Do you really think it wasn't true? He's a former tough guy who ran his mouth to the wrong guy and got his clock cleaned. And he's embarrassed about it because, in his mind, he's still a pro wrestler. Too bad McMahon couldn't script the results in that bar room.

If you want to go after the guy that wrote it fine. Only a classless, d!ckless mutherfocker goes after somebody's widow. He should drop the suit if he wants to "restore" his honor.

Do you really think it wasn't true? He's a former tough guy who ran his mouth to the wrong guy and got his clock cleaned. And he's embarrassed about it because, in his mind, he's still a pro wrestler. Too bad McMahon couldn't script the results in that bar room.

:thumbsup:

Also, it wasn't a bar room. It was at a fallen SEAL's wake! And Kyle reportedly asked him a couple of times to tone it down because he was being disrespectful. Kyle was a focking badass. He didn't need to make up some story about knocking down some washed up has been to sell books.

:thumbsup:

Also, it wasn't a bar room. It was at a fallen SEAL's wake! And Kyle reportedly asked him a couple of times to tone it down because he was being disrespectful. Kyle was a focking badass. He didn't need to make up some story about knocking down some washed up has been to sell books.

A wake in a bar to be precise. And, sounds like The Body was being a douche and got what he deserved. Still, he has a right to go through the legal system if they are still profiting on a story he says isn't true. But, yeah, very douchee.

Just sawsome show on. Tru with ventura in it.he was apparently claming that valdez,ktrina,bp,etc were designed to create kill zones so oil companies could have unfeytred access to coastline,drilling. Dude makes palin look legit.

Just sawsome show on. Tru with ventura in it.he was apparently claming that valdez,ktrina,bp,etc were designed to create kill zones so oil companies could have unfeytred access to coastline,drilling. Dude makes palin look legit.

A wake in a bar to be precise. And, sounds like The Body was being a douche and got what he deserved. Still, he has a right to go through the legal system if they are still profiting on a story he says isn't true. But, yeah, very douchee.

Yeah, I meant they weren't just hangin out in some bar. He has the right to be a doosh but if he thinks it's going restore his honor, he's a focking moron too.

Yeah, I meant they weren't just hangin out in some bar. He has the right to be a doosh but if he thinks it's going restore his honor, he's a focking moron too.

Agreed. STFU and move on. Then and now.

Where are you going to find anyone anywhere that doesn't already think Venture is a giant douchebagg? :dunno:

Best commentator ever in wrestling. Also classic in Predator.

Here -- Damn - :(

Best commentator ever in wrestling.

Bobby The Brain Heenan was tops.

I met Ventura when he was governor. He was dumb as a box of rocks. But also really focking huge and intimidating. :unsure:

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/06/jesse-ventura-wants-court-to-substitute-chris-kyles-widow-in-defamation-lawsuit-over-american-sniper-story.html/

Focking irrelevant POS. He thinks suing the widow of a SEAL is going to restore his honor? I hope Kyle's friends pay the c0cksucker a visit.

Chris Kyle is obviously full of sh1t. Ventura doesn't have time to bleed. :bandana:

If the book truly contains lies and distortions, Ventura has every reason to be p*ssed.

Ventura is almost surely not suing her because she wrote or did anything wrong but likely because she will get royalties for the book containing a story that he claims defames him and is untrue.

Chris Kyle had no reason to lie about something that could easily be disproved. Ventura on the other hand does have a reason to lie if he did in fact say those things. He's taking money from a widow and her children because somebody outed him for being the doosh he is. :thumbsdown:

If the book truly contains lies and distortions, Ventura has every reason to be p*ssed.

Ventura is almost surely not suing her because she wrote or did anything wrong but likely because she will get royalties for the book containing a story that he claims defames him and is untrue.

This. I don't know a single thing about the backstory of the major players, but is Ventura is being defamed why shouldn't he sue? :dunno:

This. I don't know a single thing about the backstory of the major players, but is Ventura is being defamed why shouldn't he sue? :dunno:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334026/Jesse-Ventura-sues-widow-American-Sniper-saying-Chris-Kyle-defamed-wrestler-writing-punched-bar-fight.html

The former Minnesota governor and professional wrestler is now suing the widow of a former Navy SEAL sniper for defamation because the soldier wrote about an alleged fight he had with Ventura.

Ventura initially filed the suit against Chris Kyle, the SEAL who had the most confirmed kills in American military history, because Kyle said that he knocked Ventura to the floor during a fight outside of a bar.

Ventura, now 61, has now refiled the suit and against Kyle's wife Taya after Kyle was killed in February when he was shot by a former soldier who allegedly had PTSD.

According to the Minnesota Star Tribune, Ventura's lawyers argued that the suit outlasts Mr Kyle,/

'Although Kyle is deceased, his ‘American Sniper’ book continues to sell and it is soon to be made into a movie,' the motion read.

'It would be unjust to permit the estate to continue to profit from Kyle’s wrongful conduct and to leave Governor Ventura without redress for ongoing damage to his reputation.'

During his promotion of the book in January 2012, Mr Kyle spoke about the alleged fight with Ventura, saying that he punched the former governor when he was making anti-war statements outside of a bar frequented by Navy SEALS.

Not only was the bar popular among military service members, but they were also there in droves at the time because they attended after the wake of a fallen SEAL who threw himself on a grenade.

He was bad-mouthing the war, bad-mouthing (former President) Bush, bad-mouthing America,' Mr Kyle told Fox News' Bill O'Reilly.

'He told us that we were killing innocent people over there, men women children, that we were murders,' Mr Kyle said, adding that he told the governor to tone down his rhetoric.

'And then he said that we deserved to lose a few guys.'

That's when Mr Kyle slugged Mr Ventura in the face, he says.

'That happened? You knocked him out?' Mr O'Reilly asks.

'Well, I knocked him down,' Mr Kyle responds.

Mr Ventura denies that version of events, and believes that the lawsuit is necessary given the possibility for profit by his widow.

Doesn't sound like there was much to defame.

I'm trying to find Ventura's side of story regarding what occurred that day at the bar between him and Kyle but I'm not seeing anything on any of the links. Just denials that he said what Kyle claims he said in the book.

Going into this next paragragh, let me make it clear that I have no idea what transpired in that bar that day. But as both a war veteran myself and huge opponent of the Iraqi war, I know how that goes over with the George W. Bush loving pro-war crowd. Veterans who support the war don't understand veterans that don't. So my gut instinct -with it's margin of error of plus or minus 100- is Kyle missed Ventura's point.

First: if Ventura said what it is Kyle claimed he said, he deserved the beatdown.

But understnad this. Ventura himself is a member of Underwater Demolitions in Vietnam, a precursor Navy unit that was eventually was reformed to become the SEALs. He's justifiably very proud of that. I find it highly unlikely a veteran would ever wish death on other veterans especially at a gathering after a wake for one of their members. Veterans never ever stab service-members in the back. Those of us that opposed the war did so because of extreme concern for the ones in service and sent there. They shouldn't have to put their necks on the line for those ingrateful pieces of shiite (and pieces of sunni) in Iraq. IMO, one US servicemember is infinitely more valuable than all the 70000 dead focking Syrians and counting as far as I'm concerned. Not worth getting a getting a paper cut reading about. That's too much American blood. Fock them.

Kyle probably heard what he wanted to hear- In essence: since Ventura is criticizing Bush and the war, this guy is criticizing me. In addition Kyle would have been in a particularly bad mood given the circumstances of that day. I find that way more likely.

In the first link it said the book claimed Ventura said Navy Seals deserved to die right? If Ventura didn't say that and was not bad mouthing America or accusing soldiers of killing women and children why not sue? Libel is very hard to prove so if his case has no merit it won't go anywhere. If these claims are lies though I don't blame him. :dunno:

I'm trying to find Ventura's side of story regarding what occurred that day at the bar between him and Kyle but I'm not seeing anything on any of the links. Just denials that he said what Kyle claims he said in the book.

Now that you mention it, I've never heard him offer a different version of events. Just a denial of Kyle's version.

That aside, do you see anything in Kyle's version of events that would merit a lawsuit against his widow?

Now that you mention it, I've never heard him offer a different version of events. Just a denial of Kyle's version.

That aside, do you see anything in Kyle's version of events that would merit a lawsuit against his widow?

I think Ventura's version of the story is (probably) right. -again gut feeling, no evidence-

That said, suing the widow makes Ventura look bad. He should just issue a public denial instead of making a big stink. I think the Kyle family deserves more than mere NAVY pay for what they did went through and probably could very well use the money. It's not like they're rich, their military, especially worse that now that the bread winner is six feet under. I mean an widow would but especially the widow of a war hero... how do you sue someone like that?

I hope Ventura hits that cunt over the head with a steel chair.

In front of her kid.

And I hope he takes a piss on the guy's ashes.

I hope Ventura hits that cunt over the head with a steel chair.

In front of her kid.

And I hope he takes a piss on the guy's ashes.

:thumbsdown:

Even giving Ventura the benefit of the doubt on how his encounter with Kyle went down (as I'm apt to do), that doesn't make Kyle less than a hero for what he did in the field in service to his country. He deserves our full respect for putting his life on the line. Kyle registered the most confirmed kills in US military history.

For doing that, he pulled down about 1/100th the pay Ventura earned by entertaining folks in the wrestling ring. Jesse has a right to be p*ssed and maybe a legal right to the money but should let it go out of respect.

:thumbsdown:

Even giving Ventura the benefit of the doubt on how his encounter with Kyle went down (as I'm apt to do), that doesn't make Kyle less than a hero for what he did in the field in service to his country. He deserves our full respect for putting his life on the line. Kyle registered the most confirmed kills in US military history.

For doing that, he pulled down about 1/100th the pay Ventura earned by entertaining folks in the wrestling ring. Jesse has a right to be p*ssed and maybe a legal right to the money but should let it go out of respect.

...but the steel chair and ash pissing would make for great showbiz. I bet Vince would be down for it. Ventura could put on the Iron Sheik wardrobe while he pisses on the ashes.

I'm trying to find Ventura's side of story regarding what occurred that day at the bar between him and Kyle but I'm not seeing anything on any of the links.

I think Ventura's version of the story is (probably) right. -again gut feeling, no evidence-

Solid. :thumbsup:

Why was Ventura at the bar? Just happened to be there, or was he part of the group?

Were there any witnesses to this scuffle? If so, I haven't read of them.

Why was Ventura at the bar? Just happened to be there, or was he part of the group?

Were there any witnesses to this scuffle? If so, I haven't read of them.

It was a "SEAL" bar. Ventura was in the precursor to the SEALs back in the day. There was a wake taking place and guys from all over showed up to pay their respects. Apparently Ventura felt that was the time to talk politics.

I'm sure somebody witnessed it. Not sure why nobody has come forward to support or dispute either side's story.

Didn't he win like 2 terms a Governor on Minnesota?

The same state that voted Stewart Little into the Senate.

Doh!

Also, Ventura wrapped up this title the day he jumped on the 9/11 Truther crazy train.

The same state that voted Stewart Little into the Senate.

Doh!

You can blame Norm Coleman for both of those. :wall:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/us/jesse-ventura-chris-kyle-navy-seal-book-lawsuit.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSumSmallMediaHigh&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Ventura won his court case but it's a hollow win. Even if he's right that he was defamed in the book, and the jury agrees he was, suing Kyle's wife was ill advised and garnered horrible publicity.

I guess his reputation was focked either way but he drew more far more attention to the accusation than it would have gained on it's own. Even if he's right, he had to take into account that there's simply no way to sue a war hero's widow without looking like a douche.

• Like 1

Can size of widow? Ventura is a conspiracy nut bag but it looks like the dead guy was a liar.

Didn't he win like 2 terms a Governor on Minnesota?

One. Didn't run for re-election

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/us/jesse-ventura-chris-kyle-navy-seal-book-lawsuit.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSumSmallMediaHigh&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Ventura won his court case but it's a hollow win. Even if he's right that he was defamed in the book, and the jury agrees he was, suing Kyle's wife was ill advised and garnered horrible publicity.

I guess his reputation was focked either way but he drew more far more attention to the accusation than it would have gained on it's own. Even if he's right, he had to take into account that there's simply no way to sue a war hero's widow without looking like a douche.

He should have dropped the case when Kyle was murdered. Taking money from a man's family, even if he did sucker punch you, is a classless move. If this was about restoring his good name :rolleyes: he should have made a public statement that he disagrees with Kyle's version of events but out of respect for his service and his family's loss he's withdrawing his lawsuit. It would've done more to restore his "honor" in the public eye.